THE TM MWS thread

Wo1f

Those two are crap! Never hit anybody.😉

Regards 

GBBRs and Speedloaders?

Hi guys, new to the GBBR world and awaiting my MWS arrival tomorrow. I may have made a fatal flaw. I didn't order a fancy new speed loader as I didn't realise there might be a problem.

I am assuming it doesn't come supplied with one.

Currently this is all I have. Am I going to have a bad time...?

IMG_0819.HEIC

8 hours ago, gunbod007 said:

GBBRs and Speedloaders?

Hi guys, new to the GBBR world and awaiting my MWS arrival tomorrow. I may have made a fatal flaw. I didn't order a fancy new speed loader as I didn't realise there might be a problem.

I am assuming it doesn't come supplied with one.

Currently this is all I have. Am I going to have a bad time...?

IMG_0819.HEIC 2.43 MB · 6 downloads

There should be a tube-type speedloader in the box, failing that people (including myself) have had good results with the TM speedloaders, either pistol or M4 size.

Firesupport have them in stock - https://www.fire-support.co.uk/category/bb-loaders--holders/?manufacturer=87&submit.x=15&submit.y=12

Oh, and welcome to the club :)

On 22/11/2020 at 07:43, Kerberos said:

Hi, I finally took the dive and upgraded myself from a WE M4 gbbr to the TM Mk18 Mod 1. I was trying to access the hop up, but I can't get the outer barrel or rails off. Is there a specific tool I need for this or are there any guides for the mk18 yet?

hi,

you will need right tool. space is very narrow to fit classic dd wrench or clones. dont even try use them

because barrel nut is made of soft aluminium. you will need devide torque force in all 4 teeth to avoid nut damage. so will need something like this. i did it yesterday. i am lucky cos had no glue on thread. but in all cases use hair dryer or flame torch(very carefull) to melt thread glue a bit. it looks like TM use glue very randomly. someone have yellow one, someone have red.

IMG_20210119_093945.jpg

IMG_20210120_073431.jpg

IMG_20210119_093931.jpg

IMG_20210119_091704.jpg

IMG_20210119_090712.jpg

1613577658532-1131521421.jpg

Barrel cleaning, So who here removes their outer barrel and hop up to clean there barrel and who leaves it all attached.

If you're careful and turn the hop off is it that bad to leave it on?

After seeing many many videos on the mws...is there a way of making the bolt return more clacky?? 

Cos iMmErSiOn..

On 19/01/2021 at 13:35, RMDavis said:

I can confirm the Magpul enlarged mag release button definitely doesn't fit the TM mag release. 

Different threads for sure. 😔

Currently got one sat in my parts box gathering dust...

I wonder if the angry gun steel mag catch will have a standard thread rather that maruis 

Not particularly, the reason is because of the sprung nozzle buffer device, the like of the GHK M4 /all other GBBRs do not have this, so the bolt crashes (clacks) into the hop unit.

The MWS bolt decelerates into the hop unit.

What pistol grips and stocks is everyone rocking. 

I have a new basic MWS and want to trick it out with some sweet externals. Does everything fit or any brands to look out for?

Green GAS GAS GAS...

So what's everyone saying about gas?  I have been using Abbey predator 144a which is basically the low power gas TM recommend. I am finding the fire rate to drop at the end of a mag dump.

Have heard lots about Green gas. Do I need to do this green gas mod everyone is on about? seems like the newer mags don't need it. Also why would you need to do the mod in the first place? I assume green gas takes up more volume in the magazine?

How's everyones durability when running Green? Would you say only use it in the cold? Any internal upgrade required for improve durability?

Basically if I use Green gas in my gun am I gonna break it!

Finally heard bits about Nuprol but I didnt think they were a good brand?

9 hours ago, gunbod007 said:

Green GAS GAS GAS...

So what's everyone saying about gas?  I have been using Abbey predator 144a which is basically the low power gas TM recommend. I am finding the fire rate to drop at the end of a mag dump.

Have heard lots about Green gas. Do I need to do this green gas mod everyone is on about? seems like the newer mags don't need it. Also why would you need to do the mod in the first place? I assume green gas takes up more volume in the magazine?

How's everyones durability when running Green? Would you say only use it in the cold? Any internal upgrade required for improve durability?

Basically if I use Green gas in my gun am I gonna break it!

Finally heard bits about Nuprol but I didnt think they were a good brand?

Have a look at this mate, this will answer a few questions to get you going, then I suggest going back through this thread as there's lots of wisdom here.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/10RLbvPbq-HXDayhcAIPHgoSTcFIcd3Q5PKZc288_tL0/edit?usp=drivesdk

Mag dump problem,

Hey all, new to GBB. Using 144a weak I know but should still be able to handle at least 1 mag dump. When I got the gun, brand new, I was able to pull off a full auto mag dump in cold weather on about 8/10 seconds fill no green gas mod.

That was yesterday. Ever since, every time I try to repeat this it starts off with a very slow RoF and doesn't make it all the way through before it stops cycling. Switch to semi and it works but is. big sluggish.

Any suggestions. The gun is a day old.

4 hours ago, gunbod007 said:

Mag dump problem,

Hey all, new to GBB. Using 144a weak I know but should still be able to handle at least 1 mag dump. When I got the gun, brand new, I was able to pull off a full auto mag dump in cold weather on about 8/10 seconds fill no green gas mod.

That was yesterday. Ever since, every time I try to repeat this it starts off with a very slow RoF and doesn't make it all the way through before it stops cycling. Switch to semi and it works but is. big sluggish.

Any suggestions. The gun is a day old.

Strange, especially for a brand new gun. Have you checked for gunk inside and made sure nothing is broken? You could also try purging the magazine by emptying it completely and filling as usual but holding down the knocker valve for a second until it starts spitting out 144a. Check the recoil buffer in the stock tube too, not that it should break that quickly but might as well exhaust all your options.

Looks like NOVA released a custom MWS upper receiver styled after the BCM MK2, and it has the same inner barrel quick release system as the G&P receiver:

http://gunshop-tactics2.com/Tactics2/item.cgi?item_id=NOVA-MWS-01

https://hakurai-armory.jp/SHOP/1043.html

Wallet am cry.

Noob problem alert.

Ok so I have a gun thats a day old and having issues dumping a mag on 144a. 

First video is day one. it functioned fine with an expected slight slow down at the end on the weaker gas.

Second video is the best I have been able to get out of it all day. Most of they day it has been failing to cycle a whole shot. Missfiring, not having enough power to lock back and barely getting through a 3 round burst.

The second video is not terrible but is obviously much slower rate of fire and more sluggish than the first. Filmed 1 day apart with blaster .25 on 144a and a room temp magazine.

Am I just being a noob here? Not filling the mag correctly, not enough, maybe over filling. I really don't know. Going to try on Green Gas when it arrives and if problems persist will make an update. But I am considering sending it back already! Didn't wanna be "that guy" I also am a bit of a hypochondriac so problems with a new gun certainly worry me

7 hours ago, quango2k said:

So, I got my MWS today and test firing with some Ultrair gas (all I have atm) its....hot. So I am looking for an NPAS in the UK, any suggestions? 

Try some different gas first... Abbey Green for the warmer times and Abbey Ultra Predator (red can) for the colder temperatures.. then see what type of power you get... if that still doesn't satisfy your needs then either a Angry Gun NPA nozzle or a G&P NPAS valve... there is also an RATech one. I have both an Angry Gun and a G&P one. I've only tested the AG one and it works well with no hiccups... (but is surplus to my requirements coz my G&P NPAS will go into my G&P bolt).