THE TM MWS thread

Wo1f

1 hour ago, RMDavis said:

Update on my MRE build...

Early GWOT vibes!

G&P Kac style suppressor, Hogue pistol grip, and Car-15 stock with the obligatory cable tied rubber pad.

Also fitted the excellent SixG super nub ordered from Dave and received very promptly, cheers bud! 👍

20210115_151240.jpg

20210115_151253.jpg

20210115_151101.jpg

20210115_151201.jpg

20210115_151131.jpg

Coming along nicely. Have you decided on the optics yet?

5 minutes ago, AlphaBear said:

Coming along nicely. Have you decided on the optics yet?

Thank you mate. 😊

A genuine Eotech 551 is as rare as hens teeth!

I lost out on a Aimpoint Comp M4 on eBay which was annoying, and was looking at a Comp M2 for sale via Instagram but I just can't justify in my head putting down £350 plus on an old optic of unknown age with no warranty whatsoever. 

So instead although obviously not correct due to its age etc I'm leaning towards a Vortex StrikeFire 2 as it's almost identical to a Comp M2 but with all the advantages that come with a brand new optic and Vortex's VIP warranty. 

1 hour ago, RMDavis said:

Thank you mate. 😊

A genuine Eotech 551 is as rare as hens teeth!

I lost out on a Aimpoint Comp M4 on eBay which was annoying, and was looking at a Comp M2 for sale via Instagram but I just can't justify in my head putting down £350 plus on an old optic of unknown age with no warranty whatsoever. 

So instead although obviously not correct due to its age etc I'm leaning towards a Vortex StrikeFire 2 as it's almost identical to a Comp M2 but with all the advantages that come with a brand new optic and Vortex's VIP warranty. 

There was a chap selling a SF2 here... don't know if its still here or sold... could be worth a punt? I have both a RS EoTech 557 and a COMP M2 and can never decide which one to bloody use lol. If I'm being honest the old school M2 just looks the biz as its so Black Hawk Down if you get my drift...

Hi can anyone tell me what they think of their Tm mws mk18 and which parts of it are metal because it isn’t a cheap gun and I just wanna make sure it’s worth it .And how is the kick of the rifle compared to similar gbbrs

• Supporters

I have got the MTR16 G EDITION and I was planning on making it a DMR like rifle, i already have the joules up to my field DMR limits, I just need a decent magnified optic.

I was originally planning on a Vortex 1-4 x 24 CROSSFIRE with a cantilever mount.

However as the Crossfire II scope retails for north of £220, with other commitments that's a hard swallow.

I have seen that Vision King has a similar scope such as their 1-8 x 24 scope which retails for £140.

Now don't get me wrong I like to spend decent dollar on decent optics (already owning a RS EoTech 552 and other Vortex scopes (bought before wife and children)) and i am aware that i am trading in that lifetime Vortex warranty.

But my main concern is that would the Vision King hold up to the recoil of an uprated MTR16 without losing zero. I have heard of crappy clones taking a dump when recoil is introduced, no matter how small.

Also if any of you have one, how have you found them?

4 hours ago, Shizbazki said:

I have got the MTR16 G EDITION and I was planning on making it a DMR like rifle, i already have the joules up to my field DMR limits, I just need a decent magnified optic.

I was originally planning on a Vortex 1-4 x 24 CROSSFIRE with a cantilever mount.

However as the Crossfire II scope retails for north of £220, with other commitments that's a hard swallow.

I have seen that Vision King has a similar scope such as their 1-8 x 24 scope which retails for £140.

Now don't get me wrong I like to spend decent dollar on decent optics (already owning a RS EoTech 552 and other Vortex scopes (bought before wife and children)) and i am aware that i am trading in that lifetime Vortex warranty.

But my main concern is that would the Vision King hold up to the recoil of an uprated MTR16 without losing zero. I have heard of crappy clones taking a dump when recoil is introduced, no matter how small.

Also if any of you have one, how have you found them?

A mate of mine uses a Vision King short dot on his GHK based DMR and hasn't had any issues with it whatsoever regarding losing zero etc.

@Ewandarbz have you read any reviews or any of this thread!?!?

In a nutshell the MWS or GHK M4 V2 series are the best GBBRs going in AR flavour.

@RMDavis looking very nice!

It is definitely nice to have a new optic, especially if spending out for a real steel one.

Seeing as we can’t play anywhere hold out for a good used RS M4 or M2??

Anyone experienced their dust cover not staying closed? Mine will open at the slightest movement or interaction with the gun. I tried buying an Angry Gun steel dust cover but the problem remains. I heard a tip you could rig the spring to sit on the outside of the cover but that seems a bit odd to me - maybe I misunderstood? Any other tips or tricks? Thanks.

Added a Magpul grip and I must admit I’m beginning to really like the two tone. I’m just waiting on some MK18 KAC type sights to turn up and then that’s her done. If I could wrap the mags in a tan colour that would be epic but doubt that’s gonna happen 

734245F0-610B-491D-BF93-0B382EDAEF50.jpeg

26 minutes ago, Davegolf said:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Airsoft-replica-M4-M16-PMAG-Fast-Magazine-Rubber-Sleeve-/174407245427

You leaving it on irons?

Its 3 tone BTW - i spy OD XTMs :D (or is it just camera/screen colour)

Haha busted, i do have black XTMs on the bottom of the rail. 

I won’t be leaving it on irons. I have options of red dots, ACOG and a strike eagle depending on the theatre of engagement I’ll be in at the time. 

Those rubber sleeves look interesting. But a tenner a pop hmmmm a lot for what they are. 🤔

Just now, Davegolf said:

Theatre of engagement, nice! That'll be the garden then ATM 🙈

It’s a jungle out there I tell. Full of ‘commie’ squirrels! Evil buggers!

8 hours ago, jsmithski said:

Fosco Desert should do the job on changing mag color easily.

Humbrol “dark brown” aerosol is the best FDE colour I’ve come across, I find Magpul FDE more like tan/too light

So.......

I understand that the MWS being a gas system is able to push a heavier BB further and straighter at the same energy vs an AEG.

My question is all things being equal, does anyone have any experience throwing a heavy bb .45g up etc with a DMR power MWS vs the a spring sniper. ( 1.49j vs 2.31j )  

What different in range differences are people seeing and are they as accurate as a upgraded sniper?

The reason I ask is that I have a very nice sniper rifle, I have many AEG's and I am sure I am going to be convinced to get an MWS in the very near future. 
BUT I would not be able to run the MWS in anything but as a DMR. Quite franky, the mags would be emptied in 1 squirt if auto was available to me :P ( It is a sickness ) 

Set to semi only and with costly ammo in the mags. I think i might be able to control my bloodlust. 

spacer.png

*admit it. You can hear this gif*