THE TM MWS thread

Wo1f

Hi, can someone help me please. I'm trying to pay for the sixg super nub. I've emailed Dave asking for the details to do so, but he didnt out anything in the response form as to how to pay him lol.

Am I just being blind and not seeing where I can do it? Or does anyone know the details to use?

Thanks

MWS No 2 build progress:- KAC MRE

Kinda when down a different path than a modern 416/Clay build! 

Sorry to disappoint those waiting for glorious HAO based 416 goodness!

I've always loved the MK12 and whilst researching and toying with going down that route, I stumbled across the Knights 'MRE' rail which was used by CAG many moons ago!

As soon as I saw it I knew that's the rifle I wanted to build, so using a few G&P parts and some bits I already had going spare.

The G&P ambi selector and Knights style ambi mag release both work perfectly! Angry Gun could learn a thing or two!

It's not finished yet, as there's a few more bits like the stock, grip, and the fabled KAC rail covers to go on.

Then there's tricky decision on what optic/mount to fit. Either a short dot or an old school Comp M2/M4, maybe even an early Eotech 551?

Will keep you all updated as things progress. 👍

20210109_134202.jpg

20210109_134339.jpg

3 minutes ago, Davegolf said:

Yes Rob! Old school/FSP build!

I think an aimpoint M4s would be lovely if one can be found

image.jpeg.d2b58db1e293dc14bae2686ba9155959.jpeg

It’s annoying for me, I love the old skool setups, but the pistol grip angles kill my wrist 🙈

Thanks bud, I'm really pleased with it so far!

I've got a Hogue and an Ergo pistol grip on order so will see which I prefer, but your right that angle can't compete with the likes of a Magpul K2!

Before I do a buy, the MWS can take AEG barrel nuts? The Daniel Defence Mk18 rail I have on mine currently is rated for AEG.

But this puppy is the one ive been after since ive owned the MWS.

https://www.davescustomairsoft.co.uk/External-Parts/rail-systems/Big-Dragon-G-Style-SMR-M4-AEG 

THERES STOCK

So I wanna check and confirm before I buy one.

1 hour ago, Cipher-032 said:

Before I do a buy, the MWS can take AEG barrel nuts? The Daniel Defence Mk18 rail I have on mine currently is rated for AEG.

But this puppy is the one ive been after since ive owned the MWS.

https://www.davescustomairsoft.co.uk/External-Parts/rail-systems/Big-Dragon-G-Style-SMR-M4-AEG 

THERES STOCK

So I wanna check and confirm before I buy one.

The MWS has regular AEG threads and takes AEG barrel nuts. However, if you are using the stock outer barrel you will need a few millimeters of outer barrel shims or an “adapter ring” for the MWS, because the TM outer barrel “lip” (not sure what to call it) is out of spec and requires shims if you use an aeg barrel nut or the outer barrel will not be secure and wobble a lot. 

8 minutes ago, ajumma said:

The MWS has regular AEG threads and takes AEG barrel nuts. However, if you are using the stock outer barrel you will need a few millimeters of outer barrel shims or an “adapter ring” for the MWS, because the TM outer barrel “lip” (not sure what to call it) is out of spec and requires shims if you use an aeg barrel nut or the outer barrel will not be secure and wobble a lot. 

Yep already got one of them in stock, and im suing a Laylax barrel kit. No shim required for me!

10 hours ago, RMDavis said:

MWS No 2 build progress:- KAC MRE

Kinda when down a different path than a modern 416/Clay build! 

Sorry to disappoint those waiting for glorious HAO based 416 goodness!

I've always loved the MK12 and whilst researching and toying with going down that route, I stumbled across the Knights 'MRE' rail which was used by CAG many moons ago!

As soon as I saw it I knew that's the rifle I wanted to build, so using a few G&P parts and some bits I already had going spare.

The G&P ambi selector and Knights style ambi mag release both work perfectly! Angry Gun could learn a thing or two!

It's not finished yet, as there's a few more bits like the stock, grip, and the fabled KAC rail covers to go on.

Then there's tricky decision on what optic/mount to fit. Either a short dot or an old school Comp M2/M4, maybe even an early Eotech 551?

Will keep you all updated as things progress. 👍

20210109_134202.jpg

20210109_134339.jpg

Has to be a RS Comp ML2, real old school design. I occasionally dust mine off....  really like the retro design and it's still working like a champ!

14 hours ago, n00b1982 said:

Hi, can someone help me please. I'm trying to pay for the sixg super nub. I've emailed Dave asking for the details to do so, but he didnt out anything in the response form as to how to pay him lol.

Am I just being blind and not seeing where I can do it? Or does anyone know the details to use?

Thanks

@Davegolfone for you fella....

6 hours ago, occidio said:

Can anyone tell me if the Angry gun Power Gen2 nozzle can raise and lower the joule, versus the original nozzle or if it only can lower it? 🙂

Do you mean the Angrygun MPA nozzle? You can increase and decrease power on it, as you could with the original. Iirc theres a video where they got it to 420fps with 0.2

16 hours ago, ajumma said:

Do you mean the Angrygun MPA nozzle? You can increase and decrease power on it, as you could with the original. Iirc theres a video where they got it to 420fps with 0.2

Yes, that is the one. I just can not find that video. Would like to be sure it was a standard MWS, my own shoots more than 420fps on a summer day and the only thing that is changed in it is the barrel.

On 09/01/2021 at 15:23, Davegolf said:

Yes Rob! Old school/FSP build!

I think an aimpoint M4s would be lovely if one can be found

image.jpeg.d2b58db1e293dc14bae2686ba9155959.jpeg

It’s annoying for me, I love the old skool setups, but the pistol grip angles kill my wrist 🙈

Because when running an oldschool grip you need to master the oldschool technique.

6BA158FC-EC8B-4FA5-92DA-B1D684E4C920.jpeg

Hi all, I am joining the MWS gang soon and have a few questions as I am a total noob. 

How can I adjust power? i plan to do the mag mod for green gas and have seen it can increase the FPS? I want to be able to adjust the power on game day so I am not over the limit. 

Do I need to change the nozzle spring? I see they can break

What hop mods are needed to lift .32? 

Are there any other out of the box mods that are recommended? 

3 minutes ago, quango2k said:

Hi all, I am joining the MWS gang soon and have a few questions as I am a total noob. 

How can I adjust power? i plan to do the mag mod for green gas and have seen it can increase the FPS? I want to be able to adjust the power on game day so I am not over the limit. 

It all has been answered in this thread. Read it.

2 hours ago, jsmithski said:

It all has been answered in this thread. Read it.

You might have hours free to spend wading through x160 pages but I don't. If you don't have anything other than that...keep quiet and move on. 

1 hour ago, quango2k said:

You might have hours free to spend wading through x160 pages but I don't. If you don't have anything other than that...keep quiet and move on. 

With that attitude you’re not going to get far on this forum. If you don’t want to make the effort to read what we already said, don’t expect someone to make that effort for you repeating again. Horrible impression for a novice.

18 minutes ago, jsmithski said:

With that attitude you’re not going to get far on this forum. If you don’t want to make the effort to read what we already said, don’t expect someone to make that effort for you repeating again. Horrible impression for a novice.

Agreed. He is expecting to be spoon fed.

At least try and do some legwork first and then ask if you draw a blank.👍

Regards 

5 hours ago, quango2k said:

Things change, so I think it makes good sense to ask. This forum would also go completely dead if you were only allowed to ask new questions.

To adjust power, there are several options. RA-tech and G&P both make a valve that can be adjusted (npas) and angry gun makes a complete nozzle, that was at least 3 options.

Nozzle spring do something if it breaks why spend money without its broken? and if it breaks then you will often just be able to bend it again.

lift .32g just put something hard into your nub and it will be able to lift them, I use a piece of hard "wire" copper part. Then it will be able to lift fine, I also use ML hopup rubber´, but it is not necessary to lift .32g

MWS grip. I’m trying to get it off, the grip that is, just thought I’d clarify that quickly 😂

I’ve had a look at the Eagle6 getting it off video (sounds so wrong) but wanted to know which Allen key is needed to get the blasted bolt off. I don’t want to buy a new ratchet set if I can help it though. 

Oh figured I’d change the Marui grip for a tan Magpul MOE grip (GBBR version). 

Ta

52 minutes ago, occidio said:

Things change, so I think it makes good sense to ask. This forum would also go completely dead if you were only allowed to ask new 

Yes ask questions but at least try to find out if that question has been answered before. I would put it down to laziness just to expect a question to be answered cause 'I can't be arsed to look' mentality.

I think the forum would prevail.thanks for concern though👍

I do think that quango2k should learn to moderate the tone of his texts. Basically came across as "you ain't got what I want so fuck off!"

It's a name that I for one will have no dealings with on this forum

Regards 

👍🙂

8 hours ago, quango2k said:

Here you go mate, majority of all your questions distilled down into an easy to read doc. (Note- Not created by me) just for this occasion.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/10RLbvPbq-HXDayhcAIPHgoSTcFIcd3Q5PKZc288_tL0/edit?usp=drivesdk.

I do suggest that you read through the 160 pages though, there is a ton of answers to questions you haven't thought of yet and may save you some dollar!

4 hours ago, jsmithski said:

I understand what you mean, but I started from the beginning..people suggest X...then 5 pages later X is no longer the way to do it, Y is...10 pages later, Y is shite and were onto Z.....

The page started when everyone was a novice, now there are many people on here with lots of knowledge. What page do I start to get to the good stuff?? Its a lot to go through when I have a day job, kids and staff to manage. 

4 hours ago, Shamal said:

Agreed. He is expecting to be spoon fed.

At least try and do some legwork first and then ask if you draw a blank.👍

Regards 

Sure I am..sure 😑

3 hours ago, occidio said:

Things change, so I think it makes good sense to ask. This forum would also go completely dead if you were only allowed to ask new questions.

To adjust power, there are several options. RA-tech and G&P both make a valve that can be adjusted (npas) and angry gun makes a complete nozzle, that was at least 3 options.

Nozzle spring do something if it breaks why spend money without its broken? and if it breaks then you will often just be able to bend it again.

lift .32g just put something hard into your nub and it will be able to lift them, I use a piece of hard "wire" copper part. Then it will be able to lift fine, I also use ML hopup rubber´, but it is not necessary to lift .32g

Legend, thankyou!

Wasn't hard was it lol..you didn't slip a disk or anything typing that ;)  

This is the problem I had..there are so many options available, I have no idea which are poo, and which are solid performers. I cba to read for the next 10 days to find what I need when there are so many that have the skills and experience..I mean, thats what forums are for right? asking questions and engaging in conversation about passions we share.. I was expecting the "ReAd It aLL" forums crets to jump in, they exist in all forums and facebook groups lol. It discourages people from wanting to join communities, and for hobbies like this you need communities to grow. 

9 hours ago, quango2k said:

Ill help:

1. The green gas mod may see a very slight increase of power. How ever stock MWS on Nuprol 2 is well within field limits. Bump it to 3.0 for winter use. If thats still not what you are after. There are NPAS kits which you drop into the nozzle which will help regulate FPS to your desired level

2. Not right away. But buy one as a spare, whether OEM part or a uprated spring set is handy.

3. The first hop mod you'll need is a better nub to lift more than a .25-.28, most of us here will run a SiXG Brass nub. Works great with the stock rubber or a modify tan rubber

4. Other than the SiXG Nub, thats it. Thats all you *really* need to do to get the gun to perform well.

EDIT: These are all obviously my 2 cents. Other peoples will differ

21 minutes ago, Wild Weasel said:

Here you go mate, majority of all your questions distilled down into an easy to read doc. (Note- Not created by me) just for this occasion.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/10RLbvPbq-HXDayhcAIPHgoSTcFIcd3Q5PKZc288_tL0/edit?usp=drivesdk.

I do suggest that you read through the 160 pages though, there is a ton of answers to questions you haven't thought of yet and may save you some dollar!

that is amazing, thankyou!! 

1 minute ago, Cipher-032 said:

Ill help:

1. The green gas mod may see a very slight increase of power. How ever stock MWS on Nuprol 2 is well within field limits. Bump it to 3.0 for winter use. If thats still not what you are after. There are NPAS kits which you drop into the nozzle which will help regulate FPS to your desired level

2. Not right away. But buy one as a spare, whether OEM part or a uprated spring set is handy.

3. The first hop mod you'll need is a better nub to lift more than a .25-.28, most of us here will run a SiXG Brass nub. Works great with the stock rubber or a modify tan rubber

4. Other than the SiXG Nub, thats it. Thats all you *really* need to do to get the gun to perform well.

Thanks. 

I have already emailed SiXG about the nub as its not clear how you order. I found that on youtube :)

As as engineer I am a tinkerer, I dont think I have ever left a gun "stock" and firing it once, they have always been in pieces on day one and upgrading everything lol. I think I will leave this alone as you suggest and just use it. 

I have already ordered a full URGI loadout (HAO rail and gas block, angrygun maritime bolt release and geiselle charging handle..plus a shed load of Magpul bits) But thats all cosmetic. 

Cant wait to shoot it in my garden...on my own #covid

1 hour ago, quango2k said:

that is amazing, thankyou!! 

Thanks. 

I have already emailed SiXG about the nub as its not clear how you order. I found that on youtube :)

As as engineer I am a tinkerer, I dont think I have ever left a gun "stock" and firing it once, they have always been in pieces on day one and upgrading everything lol. I think I will leave this alone as you suggest and just use it. 

I have already ordered a full URGI loadout (HAO rail and gas block, angrygun maritime bolt release and geiselle charging handle..plus a shed load of Magpul bits) But thats all cosmetic. 

Cant wait to shoot it in my garden...on my own #covid

Have a look at eagle six's videos on you tube while you wait for disassembly videos, whilst your on there if you are not already familiar have a shufti at Bada Bings mws stuff, before you ask about green gas mod's some say V2 mags don't need them, I say its cheap to revert if you are not happy so try one first additionally Six G gunsmithing (six g nub) is a one man band, be patient for a reply and if you can't wait do the biro mod!