THE TM MWS thread

Wo1f

42 minutes ago, demandt said:

@RMDavis oh lord... I will follow your posts closely because I want to do the same thing when I get the funds together. Are you going for the FDE or black version? 

I'm going to order the black version along with FDE accessories, intending to go for a 'Clay Spenser' inspired build based on the rifle he uses in 'Seal Team' 

Something like this but not a boring Systema... 😂

https://thereptilehouseblog.com/2019/03/02/seal-team-clay-spenser-inspired-416-dmr-build/amp/

So a quad rail with a 14.5" barrel which means I'll also be getting Hao's barrel extension kit along with a few other bits.

6 hours ago, RMDavis said:

MWS No. 2 has arrived!

This one is destined to become a 416D courtesy of a HAO Industries conversion kit...

Made possible with a very persuasive boss (a fellow airsofter) and a belated 2019 Christmas bonus burning a hole in my pocket! 😂

Updates to follow of course as and when parts arrive. 😁

20201231_103816.jpg

I'm looking forward to this build... I'm still sitting here patiently waiting for their L119A2 MWS kit, but the Hao kits seem really well made 👍

3 hours ago, RMDavis said:

I'm going to order the black version along with FDE accessories, intending to go for a 'Clay Spenser' inspired build based on the rifle he uses in 'Seal Team' 

Something like this but not a boring Systema... 😂

https://thereptilehouseblog.com/2019/03/02/seal-team-clay-spenser-inspired-416-dmr-build/amp/

So a quad rail with a 14.5" barrel which means I'll also be getting Hao's barrel extension kit along with a few other bits.

A boring Systema? Wash your mouth out with a bottle of whiskey sir! But only if it’s a 18yr old single malt 😂.

Why did you have to go and mention Seal Team? Now you have gone and done it. I’ll have to sit through all the episodes again for HK inspiration 😂

1 hour ago, RMDavis said:

You just know that's going to be a lovely kit! 

I'm sure they will sell very well.

Pretty much why I'm holding out for theirs over the archwick kit due out at some point....

Although all this talk of 416's has got me thinking now 🤣🤣🤣

Ok Im on the train! Just got my TM Zet Mk18 in the mailbox along with 3spare maggs. Ive understod the green gas mod is more or less manditory, and the sixG nub if your lokking about 0.28s which is the weight bb I use so I should be fine with the orginal nub if I understand correctly?. I am gonna need to wait about 1-2months before my accessories arrive since the are ordered from across the world(wish, aliexpress). Did load up two maggs just to try with and I love it. Own two ptws(one build as an mk18) and one 33gr co2 cartridge MTW built as a mk18. And to get the moving bolt and some recoil is absolutly awesome. This is my first gbbr and will be a blast to try it on the fields once Covid and outdoor tempratures settles. Once thing I was woundering about is that all Tms rifles(aegs and bolts) comes with a 0.99j cap due to japanese laws if I understod correctly? Is this try about the gbbr aswell? I understand that its weather dependant but on a casuall day, can I expect around 0.99j? Curious as I run all my rifles at that limit to be able to skip any saftey range following the swedish www.2020tabellen.se

Thanks

Ok here comes a double post unfortunatly as I apper tly got kicked out and blocked from MWS facebook group when asked this question so I try here: Does anyone know a store in the EU(Sorry UK I dont dare to order more from you until your exports/imports are in order again since Brexit) where I can buy an Ambi safety for my tm zet mk18 gbbr?(I assume its the same as MWS. Many thanks

4 hours ago, SkyNex0 said:

Ive understod the green gas mod is more or less manditory

I would try it without the green gas mod first, since the Gen 2 magazines seem to work just fine without it. I haven’t done the mod to any of my magazines and have run Nuprol 1.0 (low pressure gas) at temps above 18, 2.0 (green gas) at temps above 10, 3.0 (high pressure) at between 4 and 10 degrees and 4.0 (supa high pressure explodes TM guns) at temps below 3 with no issues at all. 

@SkyNex0 Ah another swede, welcome to the club / addiction ! ( funny Nybro of all places, my father is from there ). Regarding the nub, yes, try first 0.28 with the standard nub and you can always mod it by filling the rubber ring with something solid ( piece of metal rod or similar ). Second, GBBRs run a bit differently from the little fortune of replicas you already have. The MWS is weather dependent like ajumma says and you might have to chrono and check how yours run in the different seasons. For reference, mine more or less stock was able to go CQBR during the colder seasons of the year ( yes, Sweden ).

I'd highly suggest you to take the time and scan through this 160 page document as it contains a lot of useful information. I think there is also a google doc which sums up the "essentials" ( which should be pinned ), it appeared not too long ago. But I'd recommend the long tour to see how the discussion has varied and to also get some inspiration. There are some pretty interesting builds along the way. 

As for buying parts, these stores have the biggest assortment for the MWS:

Hong kong: 
RedWolf ( Slightly cheaper, price match, best shipment costs but mostly sold out / few items in stock )
Rainbow8 ( Overall good price, o.k shipment and good stock )

J.K Army ( Slightly more expensive, nisch items that others don't have, annoyingly high shipment costs and customer service which leaves much to be wished for )

Europe: 
Firesupport 
Emperion 

4 hours ago, ajumma said:

I would try it without the green gas mod first, since the Gen 2 magazines seem to work just fine without it. I haven’t done the mod to any of my magazines and have run Nuprol 1.0 (low pressure gas) at temps above 18, 2.0 (green gas) at temps above 10, 3.0 (high pressure) at between 4 and 10 degrees and 4.0 (supa high pressure explodes TM guns) at temps below 3 with no issues at all. 

It's my first go at using my MWS during winter time and am curious how you go about the higher pressure gasses after a game - do you vent your magazines or shoot them dry after a game when using e.g. 4.0? I would be concerned to store them with any higher pressure gas in them other than green gas but maybe that's an unnecessary concern?

10 hours ago, demandt said:

It's my first go at using my MWS during winter time and am curious how you go about the higher pressure gasses after a game - do you vent your magazines or shoot them dry after a game when using e.g. 4.0? I would be concerned to store them with any higher pressure gas in them other than green gas but maybe that's an unnecessary concern?

I filled mine full to the brim with mapp gas which is the equivalent (propylene?) And put a drop of abbey silicone oil on the fill valve and leave for about an hour before storing. I check there capacity by weighing them every now and again and thus far (2 months) they haven't lost a drop!

So Angrygun are selling a new Gen 2 version of their MPA nozzle: https://www.angrygun.com/products/enhanced-drop-in-complete-mpa-nozzle-set-for-marui-mws-m4?_pos=9&_sid=b2839764e&_ss=r

Anyone been able to try this? When I had the AG BCM complete bolt carrier that was defective, I was in contact with Angry Gun directly who did say that they were producing a gen 2 of the nozzle to fix issues like the piston head being too large. Their facebook post in which they stress tested the nozzle for 2000 rounds of full auto with a HPA drum mag says "2. Improved the Nozzle Front Part fall off". I wonder if this refers to the gen 1 nozzle sometimes   e j e c t i n g    the adjustment screw for the npas out through the barrel. 

I'm currently going through a trial period for accuracy on my mws going through the various hop rubber combinations, my barrel is the standard 250mm and my nub is the super six g, I currently have the maple leaf Autobot 60 degree bucking which is giving great accuracy at 20 metres I've not been able to test it at a greater range due to lockdowns, apparently this will not allow for accuracy at greater range so I have ordered a maple leaf Mr hop rubber.

Has anybody had experience with this combination with regards to range and accuracy.

2 hours ago, Wild Weasel said:

I'm currently going through a trial period for accuracy on my mws going through the various hop rubber combinations, my barrel is the standard 250mm and my nub is the super six g, I currently have the maple leaf Autobot 60 degree bucking which is giving great accuracy at 20 metres I've not been able to test it at a greater range due to lockdowns, apparently this will not allow for accuracy at greater range so I have ordered a maple leaf Mr hop rubber.

Has anybody had experience with this combination with regards to range and accuracy.

It would be interesting to see the difference you get when you swap out to the MR bucking, since it’s supposed to be the best bucking for range and comparable to a flat or rhop. I haven’t been able to get a hold of one since they’re always out of stock when I order stuff so I currently use a 60 degree Autobot and Omega nub. I think a concave or flat nub should offer superior performance over the Sixg nub due to a larger contact area with the bucking contact patch and thus more gentle and consistent contact with the BB, but honestly only testing will actually prove any of this!

@Wild Weasel The closest I think you will get is the testing done by @JUSTICE_RAINS on page 131. And like @ajumma says it would be nice with some documented and quantifiable proof of what gives the best results in the MWS (or any rifle for that matter). It's a jungle out there, and all of us could surely benefit from some actual charted data that clearly depicts range and MOA using different combinations to debunk the hearsay from the facts (of course using a proper scientific method). It's a lot to ask, especially in these times -- but it would be so awesome...

12 hours ago, Wild Weasel said:

Biggest problem I was having over the last 2 or 3 weeks was the effect of the cold on the hop rubber.  I would have expected gas problems, but I got away with Nuprol 4.0, Rothenburger MAPP and Guarder power up black.  Lowest FPS I had was equivalent 335 fps on .20g.

However, the Modify X blue hop rubber didn't like the cold.  I am trying to source a Modify X purple rubber, which seems to be rated at 55°.

A bit pointless anyway, given the current situation.  I wonder what the temps will be when we are out shooting each other again?

1 hour ago, Captain Darling said:

Biggest problem I was having over the last 2 or 3 weeks was the effect of the cold on the hop rubber.  I would have expected gas problems, but I got away with Nuprol 4.0, Rothenburger MAPP and Guarder power up black.  Lowest FPS I had was equivalent 335 fps on .20g.

However, the Modify X blue hop rubber didn't like the cold.  I am trying to source a Modify X purple rubber, which seems to be rated at 55°.

A bit pointless anyway, given the current situation.  I wonder what the temps will be when we are out shooting each other again?

I’ve had really good results with the Autobot and cold temperatures. I think the coldest I played in was -1 and I had no trouble hopping bbs consistently. Issue was red gas just couldn’t perform at that temperature 😅

Well, I have a rifle clamp (home made), a laser tape measure, a 20m range, a six g nub, a standard nub, a standard 250mm barrel, a modify tan, standard TM, ml Autobot 60°, ml Mr hop rubber, some Geoff's 0.30g bb's and some spare time...

... Cue the music.

IMG_20201127_122251.jpg

IMG_20201127_122221.jpg

IMG_20201127_122156.jpg

@SSPKali awesome writeup regarding the WiiTech trigger parts. I've been eyeing them for a while now but have been undecided as to whether they are a definite improvement. Could you perhaps give a description of how you experience using the trigger with the WiiTech parts compared to the stock one. Is it a heavier pull? Better, more tactile wall and reset? A few descriptive words would be awesome.

17 hours ago, demandt said:

@SSPKali awesome writeup regarding the WiiTech trigger parts. I've been eyeing them for a while now but have been undecided as to whether they are a definite improvement. Could you perhaps give a description of how you experience using the trigger with the WiiTech parts compared to the stock one. Is it a heavier pull? Better, more tactile wall and reset? A few descriptive words would be awesome.

Due to COVID I haven't had much of a chance to use the MWS but my initial thoughts are that the pull is lighter AND smoother with none of the notchy feel the original (and rather well used!) parts had. Break point is crisp and predictable, you can get a feel for pulling it to 80% of the way and holding it while deciding whether to pull off a shot or allow it to re-set.

The parts were pricy but worth it and the quality of finish is a whole other level :) Lets hope come spring I can get back out to play and give it a full work over.