THE TM MWS thread

Wo1f

5 hours ago, Davegolf said:

@JamesWills what FPS are you running and what range are you getting? Actual measured distance.

Around 40m according to google maps and 320fps on a .20 gram with green gas

@JamesWills something is up with your hop unit or that bucking is too thin to apply enough hop.

A stock TM bucking with Super Nub should you see you accurate at 50M on 0.28s or much more if you step up to 0.36s which IMO is the diet an MWS deserves 😁

@Whereismyhammer so currently completely stock other than G&P nozzle?

When you say jamming please explain.

BBs jamming up the place or nozzle/bolt getting hung up?

I had a jamming issue on mine a while ago as you all know... I used Nuprol RZR bbs and the bbs jammed somehow and ripped the rubber and buggered up the nozzle. I solved the problem by getting a new nozzle and new hop rubber (TM) and Geoffs BB's. It's not jammed since... Moral is don't use shite quality BBs.

Oh and don't pull the charging handle back a few times either coz you chamber a round each time!

2 hours ago, Davegolf said:

@JamesWills something is up with your hop unit or that bucking is too thin to apply enough hop.

A stock TM bucking with Super Nub should you see you accurate at 50M on 0.28s or much more if you step up to 0.36s which IMO is the diet an MWS deserves 😁

@Whereismyhammer so currently completely stock other than G&P nozzle?

When you say jamming please explain.

BBs jamming up the place or nozzle/bolt getting hung up?

What I’m meaning by jamming is that on auto a bb will get stuck between the nozzle and the hop unit causing the bolt/ nozzle to not go all the way forward. It goes 90% of the way and stops with a bb stuck somewhere in there but not going down the barrel. 

only happens on auto ( which I don’t actually use I’m just trying to get my rifle back to 100%)  and yeah everything is stock apart from the nozzle. That would be stock too if I could get one. 

from what you guys have said it could be the hop. It looks fine but a new rubber doesn’t cost much so I may as well put a new one in. 

thanks for your help so far it’s been really useful in trying to diagnose the problem. Really appreciate it

If the problem is isolated to the gun itself - EG it’s not a mag problem - then I would look at the following;

- Make sure the piston seal is properly lubed.

- A new TM bucking

- A new TM nozzle - I know 🦄

I assume your going for full mag dump, so make sure the mag is correctly filled (upside down), non green gas modded, not over filled.

Original Marui nozzles are like rocking horse poop! The only place you will find them are in HK or Japan. It took me a while to find mine and then they went out of stock quickly. 

2 hours ago, Davegolf said:

If the problem is isolated to the gun itself - EG it’s not a mag problem - then I would look at the following;

- Make sure the piston seal is properly lubed.

- A new TM bucking

- A new TM nozzle - I know 🦄

I assume your going for full mag dump, so make sure the mag is correctly filled (upside down), non green gas modded, not over filled.

I could definitely be over filling it. 

and I will get a new bucking. 

thanks for the advice. 

On 26/12/2020 at 01:21, jsmithski said:

IIRC it has a lot less adjustment range than the stock one so it might be ok but if you are running heavier ammo it may struggle to lift it. This was covered somewhere in this thread...probably page 120-ish??

11 minutes ago, Uncle Pauly said:

Very little time spent airsofting this year, but plenty of time spent on MWS builds. Here’s my current line-up...

Fortis Night Rail AR-15 build

Internal:
SixG Super Nub
SixG High Speed Buffer
Prometheus 6.03mm tight bore barrel (250mm)

External:
Kublai Fortis Night Rail
EMG Noveske Sound Hog amplifier and tracer unit
Holosun HS403B Red Dot
Magpul MBUS Gen 2 flip-up sights
Magpul M-LOK rail covers
Magpul M-LOK Hand Stop
Magpul MOE K2+ pistol grip
Magpul CTR Carbine Stock
Magpul MOE Trigger Guard
Magpul RSA Rail Sling Attachment
PTS Radian Raptor charging handle
Olight Odin flashlight
Ace 1 Arms PMAG

MWS_Fortis_01.thumb.JPG.31a59176dae8a841f7b184bfbf216163.JPG

MWS_Fortis_02.thumb.JPG.49f851e76a63548ab116e63e4dc85dc1.JPG

MWS_Fortis_03.thumb.JPG.11135e9e0c86aa7a3988f7f7a38dbe94.JPG

MWS_Fortis_04.thumb.JPG.ea28f099e72176e5a2fe3bf3cf23a999.JPG

L119A2 build

Internal:
SixG Super Nub
Angry Gun Mil-Spec Buffer Tube
Angry Gun Steel Bolt Stop Plate
Angry Gun Super Recoil Buffer kit (high speed version)
Dynamic Precision Aluminium Lightweight Bolt Carrier (silver)
Dynamic Precision Enhanced Nozzle Spring Set
Dynamic Precision Match Trigger
UAC Enhanced Sealing Buffer
WiiTech CNC Hardened Steel Disconnector

External:
Angry Gun L119A2 Rail (9.25" short version)
Angry Gun SF216A L119 Flash Hider
Angry Gun SF216A Silencer
EOTech XPS2-300 Blackout
PTS Flip-Up front and rear sights
Angry Gun Ambi Charging Handle
PTS EPG M4 pistol grip
Magpul AFG2 fore grip
Magpul CTR Carbine Stock
Magpul ASAP sling plate
Iron Airsoft PMAG

MWS_L119A2_01.thumb.JPG.e2ae8bc3d1f4f9dc7911c2b045eefcd3.JPG

MWS_L119A2_02.thumb.JPG.a77602a0d67c9d10ecbc8374e6650e72.JPG

MWS_L119A2_03.thumb.JPG.551e89a0ff6e118547cde6520a5aa04e.JPG

MWS_L119A2_04.thumb.JPG.303df1644d444f7acefc5705a45f5435.JPG

MWS_L119A2_05.thumb.JPG.921f7f373ed6a0e8bf92da47f93cdaeb.JPG

Geissele MK16 URG-I build

Internal:
SixG Super Nub
Prometheus 6.03mm tight bore barrel (370mm)

External:
Z-Parts Mk16 13.5" Handguard
Angry Gun Socom 556 Type-A Muzzle Brake
Visionking 1.25-5x26 Short Dot Scope
Tokyo Marui Cantilever Scope Mount
Z Parts URG-I Airborne Charging Handle
Magpul M-LOK rail covers
Magpul M-LOK Hand Stop
Magpul ACS-L Carbine Stock
Marui ZET 20 Round Short Magazine

MWS_URGI_01.thumb.JPG.6e7b9ddb25faded2d50b74b65f98a9e4.JPG

MWS_URGI_02.thumb.JPG.bd0d9457003c7ca37ee0221cc1b1ea27.JPG

MWS_URGI_03.thumb.JPG.81e8f653521f0fe76c3e075fedbe7469.JPG

MWS_URGI_04.thumb.JPG.e35f507e223c801731cba0b1d8515360.JPG

All looks great 👍

11 hours ago, Uncle Pauly said:

Geissele MK16 URG-I build

Internal:
SixG Super Nub
Prometheus 6.03mm tight bore barrel (370mm)

External:
Z-Parts Mk16 13.5" Handguard
Angry Gun Socom 556 Type-A Muzzle Brake
Visionking 1.25-5x26 Short Dot Scope
Tokyo Marui Cantilever Scope Mount
Z Parts URG-I Airborne Charging Handle
Magpul M-LOK rail covers
Magpul M-LOK Hand Stop
Magpul ACS-L Carbine Stock
Marui ZET 20 Round Short Magazine

MWS_URGI_01.thumb.JPG.6e7b9ddb25faded2d50b74b65f98a9e4.JPG

MWS_URGI_02.thumb.JPG.bd0d9457003c7ca37ee0221cc1b1ea27.JPG

MWS_URGI_03.thumb.JPG.81e8f653521f0fe76c3e075fedbe7469.JPG

MWS_URGI_04.thumb.JPG.e35f507e223c801731cba0b1d8515360.JPG

I will be running a similar build. My Z-Parts 13.5" MK16 Handguard will be here tomorrow. Currently I have a Z-Parts 10.5" MK16 Handguard on my MWS. It is only hand tightened as I am waiting for a wrench. I have about an 1/8" gap between my upper receiver and my Mk16 at the picatinny rail, will this go away once I tighten with the wrench?

23 hours ago, Shamal said:

All looks great 👍

Cheers bud.

12 hours ago, McCoy said:

I have about an 1/8" gap between my upper receiver and my Mk16 at the picatinny rail, will this go away once I tighten with the wrench?

Yeah, you should be good once the barrel nut is tightened. The gap on mine is approx 1mm. I could probably get it sitting flush if I cranked the nut even further, but it’s fine as is (for reference a slight gap between rail and receiver is very common in real steel builds too).

3 hours ago, demandt said:

@Uncle Pauly Love the Fortis build! Incredible how well the FDE colors match.

Yeah it’s probably my favourite 🙂 The Fortis rail was a PITA to fit, but I eventually got it pretty much perfect after much swearing and coffee. The sound hog amplifier sits nicely inside the hand guard and adds a noticeable ‘pop’ when shooting, especially indoors. FDE colour coordination is mostly due to sticking with Magpul, although the Ace 1 Arms PMAG is a really good match.

I have been playing in really cold temps, -2° with snow covering the gun at points.  My Sniper Mechanic Flamingo bucking has been pretty crap in the cold, I cannot recommend.

I switched the rubber back to a 65° Modify X and saw a great improvement.  I also recently switched from MAPP to Guarder Power Up black gas, and am otherwise running a RA Tech black NPAS, 303/6.02mm inner, TM nozzle, HAO lightweight bolt, SixG nub and HSB, with GG modded mags, and .32 Geoffs.  After being outside for hours and covered in snow I am seeing a minimum of 1 joule, around 270 fps on the .32's.  Inside my house my chrono is saying 380 ish on a .20, so around 1.3 J.  I am really impressed with the Guarder black gas.

Are there any other softer buckings I can try to help with the consistency of shots?  My first few shots after not firing for a few minutes weren't great, and I was finding I had to apply several more clicks of hop than usual.  Having said that, I was firing the MWS from an elevated position down into a valley and getting hits from miles away.  I was having to burn through mags, but after a few ranging shots I was getting solid hits at well beyond 60 metres.  I'm very impressed, although it's still tricky going up against open day skirmish 300 bb hi cap spray and pray merchants.  

Hello everyone

I've started to upgrade my trusty MWS a bit. From the research I have done, mainly using this thread (which is awesome by the way), I have purchased a Modify Tan bucking and waiting for Dave to respond to an inquiry on a SixG nub -- exciting for these two upgrades.

I have always felt sending the bolt home on my MWS is a bit meh. I compare this to my GBLS GDR-15 which, when sending the bolt home, feels so utterly solid and powerful. Is there a way to achieve this with the MWS? I have bought the G&P aluminum buffer, as this seemed like a good place to start but still it feels kinda meh. I saw someone mention the RA-TECH medium or hard recoil spring (2.6 kg or 3.3 kg) could have an effect on this. Any testament to this statement? Other things worth trying?

1 hour ago, Captain Darling said:

I have been playing in really cold temps, -2° with snow covering the gun at points.  My Sniper Mechanic Flamingo bucking has been pretty crap in the cold, I cannot recommend.

I switched the rubber back to a 65° Modify X and saw a great improvement.  I also recently switched from MAPP to Guarder Power Up black gas, and am otherwise running a RA Tech black NPAS, 303/6.02mm inner, TM nozzle, HAO lightweight bolt, SixG nub and HSB, with GG modded mags, and .32 Geoffs.  After being outside for hours and covered in snow I am seeing a minimum of 1 joule, around 270 fps on the .32's.  Inside my house my chrono is saying 380 ish on a .20, so around 1.3 J.  I am really impressed with the Guarder black gas.

Are there any other softer buckings I can try to help with the consistency of shots?  My first few shots after not firing for a few minutes weren't great, and I was finding I had to apply several more clicks of hop than usual.  Having said that, I was firing the MWS from an elevated position down into a valley and getting hits from miles away.  I was having to burn through mags, but after a few ranging shots I was getting solid hits at well beyond 60 metres.  I'm very impressed, although it's still tricky going up against open day skirmish 300 bb hi cap spray and pray merchants.  

Try the green Autobot it’s supposedly 50 deg.

15 hours ago, Captain Darling said:

What's the difference you can see between mapp and guarder black please? Also where do you get said guarder gas from?

Cheers

MWS No. 2 has arrived!

This one is destined to become a 416D courtesy of a HAO Industries conversion kit...

Made possible with a very persuasive boss (a fellow airsofter) and a belated 2019 Christmas bonus burning a hole in my pocket! 😂

Updates to follow of course as and when parts arrive. 😁

20201231_103816.jpg

1 hour ago, RMDavis said:

MWS No. 2 has arrived!

This one is destined to become a 416D courtesy of a HAO Industries conversion kit...

Made possible with a very persuasive boss (a fellow airsofter) and a belated 2019 Christmas bonus burning a hole in my pocket! 😂

Updates to follow of course as and when parts arrive. 😁

20201231_103816.jpg

This will be a great build!  Is the HAO kit a complete one stop plug and play or will you need other parts too. 

2 hours ago, AlphaBear said:

This will be a great build!  Is the HAO kit a complete one stop plug and play or will you need other parts too. 

Thanks mate, I hope so!

From what I have read there's a few external parts needed like a stock and a grip which of course are down to personal preference. 

Internally the inner barrel and hop unit are used, and everything inside the lower receiver including the buffer and spring. 

Looks like forward assist is used also.

I will try and get plenty of photos up before, after and during the build. 

4 minutes ago, RMDavis said:

Thanks mate, I hope so!

From what I have read there's a few external parts needed like a stock and a grip which of course are down to personal preference. 

Internally the inner barrel and hop unit are used, and everything inside the lower receiver including the buffer and spring. 

Looks like forward assist is used also.

I will try and get plenty of photos up before, after and during the build. 

Splendid....looking forward to the build pics.... :)