THE TM MWS thread

Wo1f

On 04/12/2020 at 20:17, jsmithski said:

Anyone tried these rubber covers with TM MWS mags?

C7488193-3CA9-4718-98F0-4D07E9654DF0.jpeg

just ordered 2 in black with a more simple design. I’m planning to use them on my 20 rounders to make them look like short pmags. I’ll also be taking off the “ranger plate” and cut a hole for gas filling. 

6 minutes ago, Hypokondrikern said:

just ordered 2 in black with a more simple design. I’m planning to use them on my 20 rounders to make them look like short pmags. I’ll also be taking off the “ranger plate” and cut a hole for gas filling. 

These ones?

B6589E7D-ABE4-42A3-BDDD-2789E5ECDB0B.jpeg

36 minutes ago, Reap said:

Is a gap between the upper and lower receiver normal?  it’s only small like 0.5-1mm but from a certain angle I can see the trigger mechanism through it. 

Yup that’s normal. It can’t be helped. Also in time the gap may increase a little bit more.  Don’t worry about it. 

Hi folks

Unrelated to the stuff above but I have  an mtr. It has started suffering from the occasional missfeed. The Bb gets jammed in between the nozzle and hop unit. 

everything is stock and I have tried to resolve the issue by following the cleaning guide at the start of the thread. I have also checked the spring inside the nozzle and it’s fine.

any ideas? 

cheers 

@Whereismyhammer check the bucking feed lip is in good condition, check the nozzle is not damaged; particularly the little tab that picks the BB up and the hole/front leading edge.

Geoff’s or Devil blaster or Green Devil are all high quality ammo.

Also check if the problem is just one mag causing the issue, it may have damaged feed lips.

@Hypokondrikern surely it’s down to your play style, both could be useful if your at assault FPS levels, MRO for active gaming upto medium ranges, and the short dot for more sneaky play / medium long ranges.

Def the latter if you are at DMR FPS.

Got these two bits from Redwolf in HK. A spare Marui nozzle (rare as rocking horse poop) and a G&P valve. I’ll stick that into the G&P bolt to see if I can tame it’s it was running way too hot for my liking. 

Postage took 4 week using  airmail so didn’t mind the wait.  Cheap as chips too using that option. 

Happy days. 

BE840B9D-2F81-423B-A796-F467930953CA.jpeg

Now then MWS tribe, 

Can anybody share any experience that they've had with this particular part as I'm thinking of swapping out the original as I'm still not happy with my bolt lock reliability.  I'm going to wait to buy the ag maritime bolt catch before fighting with the trigger box removal again (someone please tell me that gets easier) as I plan on doing both in a one-year.

Cheers crew!

Using hao lightweight bolt TM weight and GnP buffer (empty) on mapp gas now.

16076097679388204559816663708580.jpg

On 25/04/2020 at 12:50, Hypokondrikern said:

I bought a set made by Gunsmodify from Red wolf airsoft. This set has served me well. P.S Redwolf has quite a lot of other parts as well which might be of interest. Otherwise go check out Rainbow8.com 

Did anyone try the lightweight bolt stop plates from Angry gun and Gunsmodify? 

Did you get a lightweight bolts top plate to try?

http://www.gunsmodify.com/news/detail-id-59.html

Edited by Wild Weasel
Added website link

9 hours ago, Wild Weasel said:

Now then MWS tribe, 

Can anybody share any experience that they've had with this particular part as I'm thinking of swapping out the original as I'm still not happy with my bolt lock reliability.  I'm going to wait to buy the ag maritime bolt catch before fighting with the trigger box removal again (someone please tell me that gets easier) as I plan on doing both in a one-year.

Cheers crew!

Using hao lightweight bolt TM weight and GnP buffer (empty) on mapp gas now.

16076097679388204559816663708580.jpg

Did you get a lightweight bolts top plate to try?

http://www.gunsmodify.com/news/detail-id-59.html

I have been interested in this item for a long time. Actually, I bought it twice from JK Army but was refunded as it was no longer in stock. Maybe a sign...

@Davegolf true, I haven’t really decided what the platform is for me. I think just need to play more and tinker less. But I enjoy having a scope on the MWS as the accuracy and range is superb. It’s just a tad cumbersome and I’m slower with it than with the dot. The lamp is something I might ditch altogether though, as it feels very field specific or more like a real firearms utility.

Reporting back on the jamming issue. 

The mtr jammed with my mtr bolt in it but didn’t jam with my mk18’s bolt in it. So have narrowed it down to the bolt. 

ordered some Geoff’s and a new g&p nozzle as mine has some damage. The stock one’s are impossible to find so I went with the g&p. Does anyone have any experience with that nozzle?

checked the mags and the bucking feed lips. Both of those are good so haven’t ordered replacements. 

hopefully that works. 

thanks for your help so far folks 

18 hours ago, Whereismyhammer said:

Reporting back on the jamming issue. 

The mtr jammed with my mtr bolt in it but didn’t jam with my mk18’s bolt in it. So have narrowed it down to the bolt. 

ordered some Geoff’s and a new g&p nozzle as mine has some damage. The stock one’s are impossible to find so I went with the g&p. Does anyone have any experience with that nozzle?

checked the mags and the bucking feed lips. Both of those are good so haven’t ordered replacements. 

hopefully that works. 

thanks for your help so far folks 

I have the GnP nozzle set as a back up seems to run fine for the test I did but quite hot.

G&P tend to run a tad hot. Well my stock G&P carrier bolt group did. That’s why I got the G&P adjustable valve to tame it down. I’ll get round to doing it once I muster up the enthusiasm and report back. 

Glad to know the g&p works well. I play airsoft in the Channel Islands so it running hot is not an issue. We regulate full auto rather than power. 

I will try and get a stock one for in the Uk if it’s running hot because I occasionally play over there too and don’t want to break site rules.

anyone know the rough FPS of the g&p? Anything below 450 is allowed here really. 

8 hours ago, Whereismyhammer said:

Glad to know the g&p works well. I play airsoft in the Channel Islands so it running hot is not an issue. We regulate full auto rather than power. 

I will try and get a stock one for in the Uk if it’s running hot because I occasionally play over there too and don’t want to break site rules.

anyone know the rough FPS of the g&p? Anything below 450 is allowed here really. 

If I recall correctly it was shooting around 390- 400 on mapp gas which runs a few FPS more than green.