THE TM MWS thread

Wo1f

10 hours ago, Captain Darling said:

Is that 6cm on optics, red dot or irons?

At the weekend I was shooting stood up supported, getting 6" at 30m with propane, 6.03/303mm barrel, .32 Geoffs, TM bucking, biro mod and red dot optic.  Although it was a bit windy.  So your 6cm seems very good to me.

I'm tweaking my set up this week, and will give it a test.  I'm planning on the same 30m range, Mapp, 370mm Crazy Jet barrel, .32 Geoffs, Modify X bucking, SixG nub, HSB, and last but not least a decent x6 LPVO.

I've not even been able to skirmish the thing due to Lockdown2, but the more I get into it the less interested I am in picking up an AEG ever again.  If we say a 2.3 joule bolty and mk23 is like playing airsoft on hard mode, is the MWS platform, with its 1/2 kilo magazines like playing airsoft on ultra?  

Crossfire red dot sight.

So, the Autobot 60° seems to have done a damn fine job coupled with a six g nub. 

IMG_20201127_122452.thumb.jpg.473a08221341bcc9a38252466e5756aa.jpg40mm groups!!!

Rifle was clamped the whole shoot and the very first group shot is the one with the black ring round it. 

Range is 20 metres, black painted patch is 50mm square, bb's Geoff's naturals black in. 3g flavour, propellant is Mapp gas and she's shooting around 300fps with three clicks of hop.

Now all I've got to do is sort out my bolt-lock again as the lube I'm using in 8° c makes it move up sluggishly causing the bolt to miss.

IMG_20201127_124407.jpg

IMG_20201127_122221.jpg

IMG_20201127_122319.jpg

IMG_20201127_122156.jpg

Hi everyone what a huge topic, :)

I just bought my tokyo marui MTR16 gbbr today. Which parts do you suggest me to buy for more fps, stability and recoil. (Barrel piston or etc.) I have not so much information about upgrades so if you can share the links, ıt would be much easier for me :)  300 fps is not enough for me :( 

Thanks Ahmet Ziya

@Wild Weasel nice setup!

Can you range out somewhere else at 40 & 60M.

Interesting because I’ve found some buckings give strange “effects” as range increases.

PS good ol’ fashioned Parker Hale gun oil is great for the trigger set, bolt lock mech etc.

2 hours ago, ahmetzia said:

I just bought my tokyo marui MTR16 gbbr today. Which parts do you suggest me to buy for more fps, stability and recoil. (Barrel piston or etc.) I have not so much information about upgrades so if you can share the links, ıt would be much easier for me :)  300 fps is not enough for me :( 

Thanks Ahmet Ziya

I believe there is an upgrade Google Doc on this thread with all the common upgrades/options if you have a little search for it. If you can't find it give me a shout and I'll try and find the link.

Welcome to the party.

1 hour ago, Davegolf said:

@Wild Weasel nice setup!

Can you range out somewhere else at 40 & 60M.

Interesting because I’ve found some buckings give strange “effects” as range increases.

PS good ol’ fashioned Parker Hale gun oil is great for the trigger set, bolt lock mech etc.

I'll keep you posted Dave as soon as lockdown does one, next game for me is the 5th at adrenaline Airsoft near Richmond north yorks but I may be able to borrow a field before then.

My general impressions of the Autobot on a standard TM 'two-fiddy' is that as has been mentioned previously somewhere the diamond mound/patch? Sits tight to the start of the barrel, almost flush with it. Additionally it is very easy to clean (probably due to the lemon colour) as I run a cotton bud (q tip for our colonial brethren) over the mound to remove all the propane gunk off of it.

Rapid groups at that range spread to 100mm but a carefully shoot group is around 40 - 60mm in no wind with the rif clamped in a home made Frame using a very lightweight hao bolt TM weight and GnP buffer weighing in at 146g which kept recoil to a bare minimum.

2 hours ago, ahmetzia said:

Thanks Ahmet Ziya

Here you go, this is the short version of the whole thread (I didn't write this I've just copied the link)

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1oSn244-RKmPUclCWhX20xWf4rl-YJbeG/view?usp=drivesdk

8 hours ago, Wild Weasel said:

Here you go, this is the short version of the whole thread (I didn't write this I've just copied the link)

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1oSn244-RKmPUclCWhX20xWf4rl-YJbeG/view?usp=drivesdk

Thank you for your help bro. Since yesterday night I am searching this file :) I didnt see any longer topic then this in my life... Such a phenomenal and useful topic.

But I couldnt reach the document, it says 'you need access' .(In Turkish) :( 

1223.png

9 minutes ago, ahmetzia said:

Thank you for your help bro. Since yesterday night I am searching this file :) I didnt see any longer topic then this in my life... Such a phenomenal and useful topic.

But I couldnt reach the document, it says 'you need access' .(In Turkish) :( 

1223.png

Tokyo Marui MWS Owners Guide.docx

Just now, Wild Weasel said:

Right folks if nobody minds, to head off the usual questions and to give the new guys and gals a headstart I've downloaded the mws owners guide - I'm not attempting to claim ownership of it (I forget who took the time to write it - thank you for that) but I will share it with them to condense they're reading time as it was intended.

3 hours ago, ahmetzia said:

@Wild Weasel thanks for your help mate. A user which name is Matt Mills gave me an access on Google Drive. I think he was the author.  Its nice to meet you guys.

I will read the text , if I have any questions maybe I will disturb you one more time :) 

Have a nice day, greetings from Turkey/ Istanbul.. 

Nope I'm not the author but it was me!!!

23 hours ago, jsmithski said:

I had to work on it with dremel for about 30min but the pistol grip from Battleaxe fits and looks quite nice (and is cheap af).

808A286A-D5D2-4291-BEB5-357673AACBDD.jpeg

Is this grip the BCM one?

Update on my SAA mags. Stopped all leaks with silicon grease. The magazine that had its threads shredded from overtightened screws have now been glued together. I took out the long screw that usually holds together the whole halves and glued them together using steel epoxy. The ports where this screw has its fastening points were blocked using the same method + a screen that hugs into the soft aluminum. Epoxy and friction is what holds it together. I got inspired by @rocketdogbert and his drum mags. The mag is now a tad lighter as well ;) 

Next project will be a D60 drum mag. The base will be a green gas modded TM 35 rounder which will be put into the body of the battleaxe d60 aeg drum ( Taiwangun for 25 euro ). I haven’t decided yet wether I’ll make it into a flash mag from salavaging the parts of a Cyma RPK hicap magazine off the same site or try to use the electric engine already found in  the drum. Weight is expected to be around 750 g and shot count around 150. Costs around 80 euros minus shipment costs. Just wish it could somehow be modded to active the bolt catch when empty ....

44 minutes ago, Hypokondrikern said:

Just wish it could somehow be modded to active the bolt catch when empty ....

You need a follower, unless you can build electronics. A sensor that measures the last bb then raises the lock stop. Complicated, expensive and prone to failure. 

Should be possible in a mid-cap design though, as they have followers

1 hour ago, rocketdogbert said:

You need a follower, unless you can build electronics. A sensor that measures the last bb then raises the lock stop. Complicated, expensive and prone to failure. 

Should be possible in a mid-cap design though, as they have followers

I think you are right. An initial idea was to expand the BB channel from the TM mag with  a curved extension of it within the drum. But I fear that the MWS follower is to big to make it through a curved channel without getting stuck. 

2 minutes ago, Hypokondrikern said:

I think you are right. An initial idea was to expand the BB channel from the TM mag with  a curved extension of it within the drum. But I fear that the MWS follower is to big to make it through a curved channel without getting stuck. 

Krytac Vector mags have a hinged follower, that might work

11 minutes ago, AlphaBear said:

Those covers look well ugly! I mean what the actual? It’s like hey folks here’s a rubber for your mags always play safe and don’t take risks . Else your mag will catch a STD ( scratches t’ dents.) 

But it helps if you plan on dropping them 

What would be useful would be some heated covers for gas mags.or heated pouches for chest rigs?

Regards