THE TM MWS thread

Wo1f

18 hours ago, Captain Darling said:

Yes, I have managed to remove mine with a electric heat gun and 'special tool' I fabribodged at work from some (I think) 26mm OD conduit as seen the the attached pic.  It was quite the horror show, but came off pretty easily once I had got it all clamped in a vice with an AR receiver clam.

I shall be letting the tool go with the set when I flog the MK18 rail, barrel nut, flash hider, front sling loop point, rear stock and sights.

mk18 tool.jpg

ar clamp.jpg

So the nut is also threadlocked? Per Arassuil, the NGRS wasn't, but for the gbbr that seems to be different. Might need to borrow one of my friend's heatguns once I get a tool for this job. Thanks for the help, gents!

Someone asked about the mod for the short magazines as well a while back, however, no answer so far...

I guess I’ll be the first to try out both.

I had a long day trying to redeem the sneaky leak from my SAA mags. A word of warning: the aluminum or should I say the threads are very fragile. Actually, the whole construction reminds me of my IKEA furniture whereas it holds up together in its initial build but will be nothing but bits once taken apart. One mag is already beyond repair. Apply PTFE and tighten just until you feel slight resistance. I tightened a bit extra in my despair with the leaks, now a trophy of failure.

9 minutes ago, Hypokondrikern said:

Someone asked about the mod for the short magazines as well a while back, however, no answer so far...

I had a long day trying to redeem the sneaky leak from my SAA mags. A word of warning: the aluminum or should I say the threads are very fragile. Actually, the whole construction reminds me of my IKEA furniture whereas it holds up together in its initial build but will be nothing but bits once taken apart. One mag is already beyond repair. Apply PTFE and tighten just until you feel slight resistance. I tightened a bit extra in my despair with the leaks, now a trophy of failure.

there’s always hope - not sure what threading is there but options are from threaded inserts to just epoxy glue it inside.

2 hours ago, Hypokondrikern said:

I asked about the short mags 

The fill tube is 50mm was going to cut it in half 

3 hours ago, JamesHD said:

Does anyone know whether the MWS take down pins are milspec or not? Looking to get rid of the slop between the upper and lower that's built up over the past year, but don't know if 'oversized' take down pins will fit or not. 

just measured mine (TM front, WiiTech rear) pins and they are 6.16 / 6.17mm diameter. Hope this helps!

So Modify tan was a no-go for me with a standard barrel and six g nub shooting sub 350, any other suggestions?

I've got a ml Autobot 60° on the way but apparently that won't fit the window I've read?

Getting 60-70mm groups on standard TM hop rubber, would like to improve on that please 

On 22/11/2020 at 12:05, Hypokondrikern said:

Any reviews / thoughts on the prowin ar9 kit?

its cool if you dont mind loosing bolt catch. the machining to get the bolt catch to work is a lot of precision milling of the recievers IMO, and im fairly good with tools.

i just took out the blue catch lever and tossed the bolt catch lever all together. 

my plan was just to have a small SMG which can swap mags with the TM glock. 

8 hours ago, Wild Weasel said:

So Modify tan was a no-go for me with a standard barrel and six g nub shooting sub 350, any other suggestions?

I've got a ml Autobot 60° on the way but apparently that won't fit the window I've read?

Getting 60-70mm groups on standard TM hop rubber, would like to improve on that please 

At what range?

1 hour ago, Davegolf said:

At what range?

Best all rounder please, Cqb and woodland sites mainly - I'd like 60m/196ft man-size hits ideally which is about what I was getting with the six g nub and TM bucking.

Like I said I've ordered an Autobot 60° but apparently the diamond contact patch fouls the front of the hop window. I'll give it a try and post piccys when it arrives though.

(Edit: 60 to 70 mm groups at 20 m range using super six g nub and TM hop rubber)

Edited by Wild Weasel
Additional information

1 hour ago, Wild Weasel said:

Best all rounder please, Cqb and woodland sites mainly - I'd like 60m/196ft man-size hits ideally which is about what I was getting with the six g nub and TM bucking.

Like I said I've ordered an Autobot 60° but apparently the diamond contact patch fouls the front of the hop window. I'll give it a try and post piccys when it arrives though.

(Edit: 60 to 70 mm groups at 20 m range using super six g nub and TM hop rubber)

I’m using an autobot with the stock barrel, and also tried it with the edgi barrel which has a much more narrow window. It worked just fine in both. Just make sure you have a flat nub/concave nub to use with it otherwise you don’t get the performance you want. I’m using an omega nub but I reckon you could cut a small cube of eraser and it would work as well.

7 hours ago, adas1223 said:

its cool if you dont mind loosing bolt catch. the machining to get the bolt catch to work is a lot of precision milling of the recievers IMO, and im fairly good with tools.

i just took out the blue catch lever and tossed the bolt catch lever all together. 

my plan was just to have a small SMG which can swap mags with the TM glock. 

Yeah, I feared that. The bolt lock is the charm of the platform. A smarter although costly solution would have been a new lower. Or at least no precision milling at home...

Im enticed by the light weight mags and increased mag capacity. But the limited nozzles is the next problem. Do you think one can order spares from prowin? Or is two of them enough? 

2 hours ago, Wild Weasel said:

Is that 6cm on optics, red dot or irons?

At the weekend I was shooting stood up supported, getting 6" at 30m with propane, 6.03/303mm barrel, .32 Geoffs, TM bucking, biro mod and red dot optic.  Although it was a bit windy.  So your 6cm seems very good to me.

I'm tweaking my set up this week, and will give it a test.  I'm planning on the same 30m range, Mapp, 370mm Crazy Jet barrel, .32 Geoffs, Modify X bucking, SixG nub, HSB, and last but not least a decent x6 LPVO.

I've not even been able to skirmish the thing due to Lockdown2, but the more I get into it the less interested I am in picking up an AEG ever again.  If we say a 2.3 joule bolty and mk23 is like playing airsoft on hard mode, is the MWS platform, with its 1/2 kilo magazines like playing airsoft on ultra?  

3 hours ago, sabaka said:

hi guys,

question to owners of new tm mk18 mod.1.

is it worth it? or is better old mws?

thx, regards.

Better to get a M4A1 or CQBR and then stick a madbull MK18 rail on it. The TM one you can’t get the rail off easily as you need a special tool which no one seems to make yet. 

15 minutes ago, AlphaBear said:

Better to get a M4A1 or CQBR and then stick a madbull MK18 rail on it. The TM one you can’t get the rail off easily as you need a special tool which no one seems to make yet. 

Which gas block and rod fits the MWS with madbull mk18 rail? 

2 hours ago, Hypokondrikern said:

Yeah, I feared that. The bolt lock is the charm of the platform. A smarter although costly solution would have been a new lower. Or at least no precision milling at home...

Im enticed by the light weight mags and increased mag capacity. But the limited nozzles is the next problem. Do you think one can order spares from prowin? Or is two of them enough?

If you've got a Dremel, a few files and a bit of sandpaper it's not too bad. Takes some time to get it right though. So far no issues with the supplied nozzle but the lockback only seems to function with the Prowin mags. You'd want a spare upper and bolt lock catch unless you're leaving it running glock mags only. The lower doesn't need modifying (bolt catch aside)