THE TM MWS thread

Wo1f

I got a 6.03 370mm inner barrel and with that KWA mp9 valve I’m pushing 520 FPS at 0.20g.

BTW I just installed the Chinese UBR, looks ok but it’s heavy. Also I had to cut 1/3rd of the threaded part as it was going too far into the receiver and the bolt was catching sides (the tube has bit smaller diameter than stock).

78CCB7AE-B69B-4AA6-9077-78E35EBA3715.jpeg

I just tried reinstalling the green g&p valve again since I’ve got my own acetech chronograph now and am very bored. At a fairly middle setting as in the picture, I was getting 0.6J with a 0.25. I then tried setting it to the maximum possible setting and got a consistent 1.1J average over half a mag. I was using red gas.

If you’re looking to reduce the power of the gun then this valve seems to actually be very good, but at least for this 3.5 type, I am not able to get as much of an increase as I would have hoped over stock.  

C8568BA7-B57F-4999-839C-3CF2F669B6F3.jpeg

2 hours ago, ajumma said:

I just tried reinstalling the green g&p valve again since I’ve got my own acetech chronograph now and am very bored. At a fairly middle setting as in the picture, I was getting 0.6J with a 0.25. I then tried setting it to the maximum possible setting and got a consistent 1.1J average over half a mag. I was using red gas.

If you’re looking to reduce the power of the gun then this valve seems to actually be very good, but at least for this 3.5 type, I am not able to get as much of an increase as I would have hoped over stock.  

C8568BA7-B57F-4999-839C-3CF2F669B6F3.jpeg

Interesting results. I wonder what affect a 4.0 or even a 4.5 valve would have with a stock length barrel?

13 minutes ago, AlphaBear said:

Interesting results. I wonder what affect a 4.0 or even a 4.5 valve would have with a stock length barrel?

And what are the differeces between them? Lenght, weight, stronger spring? These would increase the FPS.

6 hours ago, jsmithski said:

And what are the differeces between them? Lenght, weight, stronger spring? These would increase the FPS.

6 hours ago, AlphaBear said:

Well I have the G&P springs, watermelon spring, and the G&P 4.5 nozzle but I have another G&P 1.0 nozzle coming as well as a "few" other parts.

MWS022-1.jpg

Took apart and cleaned the trigger box last night for the first time thanks to the eagle six videos. A bit nerve wracking but I got through it ok.  I'd advise having a half dozen containers or a parts organiser for anyone trying it for the first time as it's easy to get springs mixed up and the trigger itself has two similar but different coil springs in it.

Hardest part by far was removal of the box from the lower which took all manner of gentle levering and tapping with a drift and rubber mallet.

All parts were soaked in rubbing alcohol, scrubbed with an old toothbrush, dried, lubed with wurth advanced dry chain lube and assembled.

I cannot believe how well built these weapons actually are though, the thickness off the lower walls must be 3-4mm and I'd have no fear stripping and doing it all again now.

So well pleased with myself, that's the entire gun stripped to component parts, by me of all people!

44 minutes ago, Wild Weasel said:

Took apart and cleaned the trigger box last night for the first time thanks to the eagle six videos. A bit nerve wracking but I got through it ok.  I'd advise having a half dozen containers or a parts organiser for anyone trying it for the first time as it's easy to get springs mixed up and the trigger itself has two similar but different coil springs in it.

Hardest part by far was removal of the box from the lower which took all manner of gentle levering and tapping with a drift and rubber mallet.

All parts were soaked in rubbing alcohol, scrubbed with an old toothbrush, dried, lubed with wurth advanced dry chain lube and assembled.

I cannot believe how well built these weapons actually are though, the thickness off the lower walls must be 3-4mm and I'd have no fear stripping and doing it all again now.

So well pleased with myself, that's the entire gun stripped to component parts, by me of all people!

Now I know who to send mine to if it ever needs stripping ;)

+1 for the Eagle 6 videos though..... those boys are pucker and hats off to them for all their past videos over the last 10 yrs or so....

1 hour ago, AlphaBear said:

Now I know who to send mine to if it ever needs stripping ;)

+1 for the Eagle 6 videos though..... those boys are pucker and hats off to them for all their past videos over the last 10 yrs or so....

Yeah, no way am I good enough to work on anyone elses gun, but thank you for the vote of confidence. I would in all honesty have a go yourself though as it is the final challenge on the MWS in my opinion! And if I'm able then I would imagine anyone could do it with the right tools, patience and above all a methodical work flow.

Yep, I try and buy from eagle six where possible just for that very reason.

Cheers

13 minutes ago, Reap said:

Will a “Magpul CTR mil-spec stock” fit onto the Tokyo Maruii stock tube?

Yup. But it will be a tad loose due to the variation in dimensions. I live with my wobble 😂

3 minutes ago, AlphaBear said:

Yup. But it will be a tad loose due to the variation in dimensions. I live with my wobble 😂

Thanks dude, love this gun and can’t wait to skirmish with it after lockdown😆 I’ve gone through a few mags in the garden and it feels great. I’m fairly new to airsoft and It’s my first gun, I’ve only ever used high cap rentals of which you have to keep winding on the mag after a few shots. Everyone on site kept asking what gun I’m going to get first, I would tell them the MWS, and everyone was like “no,no,no,no, you should get a cheap AEG!” then I would look online and watch videos about the MWS and everyone’s raving about this platform, I’m so glad I was not influenced by the people at my local skirmish site. 😂 My heart was set on the MWS and I’ve been using a cheap AEG for the last 3 months 😂 

20 minutes ago, Reap said:

Thanks dude, love this gun and can’t wait to skirmish with it after lockdown😆 I’ve gone through a few mags in the garden and it feels great. I’m fairly new to airsoft and It’s my first gun, I’ve only ever used high cap rentals of which you have to keep winding on the mag after a few shots. Everyone on site kept asking what gun I’m going to get first, I would tell them the MWS, and everyone was like “no,no,no,no, you should get a cheap AEG!” then I would look online and watch videos about the MWS and everyone’s raving about this platform, I’m so glad I was not influenced by the people at my local skirmish site. 😂 My heart was set on the MWS and I’ve been using a cheap AEG for the last 3 months 😂 

Welcome to the wolf-pack :D And show us a pic of yours......Be wary of BB's. Only use good quality ones at that like G&G, Geoffs, BLS, Longbow.... I had a bad bad experience with Nuprol RZR! It's a great platform to play with and gives a smile each time you pull the trigger... there is a lot of knowledge on this forum and we are here to help as and when we can.... :)

This is mine with a CTR on...

85D8BC58-4DD1-46AC-9630-E803A999BC65.jpeg

11 hours ago, AlphaBear said:

Welcome to the wolf-pack :D And show us a pic of yours......Be wary of BB's. Only use good quality ones at that like G&G, Geoffs, BLS, Longbow.... I had a bad bad experience with Nuprol RZR! It's a great platform to play with and gives a smile each time you pull the trigger... there is a lot of knowledge on this forum and we are here to help as and when we can.... :)

This is mine with a CTR on...

85D8BC58-4DD1-46AC-9630-E803A999BC65.jpeg

That thing looks incredible!

I have G&G .25 and .28 

I honestly can’t decide on the colour of attachments, after seeing yours I’m starting to lean towards black. I was going for FDE, but the problem with FDE is that some attachments appear really pale in colour and others look dark almost as if nothing is going to match. I was actually surprised at the colour of the original stock, in some pictures online it looked pale, when the gun arrived it was a lot darker, which was good because it suited the darkness of the DD rail.

17 minutes ago, Davegolf said:

All the colours never match, even in real steel, look at the HK series, uppers/lowers/rails all come out different shades due to different manufacturers, same applies in airsoft.

To be fair, even with the slight differences in colour shades they still look really nice

Has this been decided yet amongst the community......who makes the best Pmag for MWS?

1 hour ago, Reap said:

To be fair, even with the slight differences in colour shades they still look really nice

Has this been decided yet amongst the community......who makes the best Pmag for MWS?

Ace1Arms, but they still aren't as good as the stock magazines. Ironairsoft also do pmags but apparently they suck major ass. The Ace1Arms one are generally good, although one review I saw said they needed maintenance every 3-4 games? Which seems like a lot since I've used my gun for a few months and only cleaned + relubed the gun...

Well my G&p buffer kit arrived today and it must be me but I've had a nightmare with it, I've two options: either no bolt lock as the buffer tube is wound nearly all the way in with two threads remaining or wound all the way out so it can move up and down and jam on the lower causing a gas out then giving me the final two finger salute by stopping me from lifting the upper from the lower by protruding too far forward and not catching on the spring buffer retaining (stop?) So I have to remove the buffer tube to get it out.

additionally the modify tan hop rubber with super G nub does not seem to be as good as the original tm one to me the best I can get is an 80 to 90 mm group at 20 m. I'm going back to the original hop rubber with super G nub.

Winner winner chicken dinner!

Suggestions, queries, comments? Or commiserations?

Edited by Wild Weasel
Additional information

1 hour ago, Wild Weasel said:

Well my G&p buffer kit arrived today and it must be me but I've had a nightmare with it, I've two options: either no bolt lock as the buffer tube is wound nearly all the way in with two threads remaining or wound all the way out so it can move up and down and jam on the lower causing a gas out then giving me the final two finger salute by stopping me from lifting the upper from the lower by protruding too far forward and not catching on the spring buffer retaining (stop?) So I have to remove the buffer tube to get it out.

additionally the modify tan hop rubber with super G nub does not seem to be as good as the original tm one to me the best I can get is an 80 to 90 mm group at 20 m. I'm going back to the original hop rubber with super G nub.

By buffer kit you mean it’s a recoil buffer in the buffer tube? It sounds like a pretty janky setup to me! Really sucks when stuff isn’t just drop in. Maybe it requires the g&p buffer tube to work properly? 

2 hours ago, Wild Weasel said:

Do you mean this dildo shaped object is giving you a mare? I read somewhere to swap out the silicon knob end with a harder plastic end. I'm not if the Marui buffer end piece will fit into it though?

mws003.jpg

17 minutes ago, AlphaBear said:

Do you mean this dildo shaped object is giving you a mare? I read somewhere to swap out the silicon knob end with a harder plastic end. I'm not if the Marui buffer end piece will fit into it though?

mws003.jpg

Yep, that's the one.

On 20/11/2020 at 10:39, ajumma said:

Ace1Arms, but they still aren't as good as the stock magazines. Ironairsoft also do pmags but apparently they suck major ass. The Ace1Arms one are generally good, although one review I saw said they needed maintenance every 3-4 games? Which seems like a lot since I've used my gun for a few months and only cleaned + relubed the gun...

yes, they are not 100% tight out of the box. You’ll need to tighten and lube all screws + valves to get them working as intended. A bit of gas seal tape was needed on the screws on my mags that hold together the upper and lower body. I know all this sounds like hard work but the tolerances on the A1A mags are much more friendly for disassembly in comparison to the OGs. This makes the whole process a piece of cake.

20 hours ago, Wild Weasel said:

Mine was fit and forget! 😂 

Sorry I can't add anything helpful...

Not sure if it makes any difference or whether yours was exactly the same, but my G&P buffer came with a fairly dense black rubber end cap rather than the yellow one shown in many of the photos.