THE TM MWS thread

Wo1f

16 minutes ago, Marroksteel said:

Well that's better than the 🦍 glue I was going to use.

Cool. Meant to be a very good grip by all accounts. Should drop right in to the MWS.

PS: edit to add that I think Magpul also make a similar product. It might be called the MIAD (?). I could be wrong, but worth a quick Google.

8 minutes ago, Davegolf said:

Sorry to dissapoint you but your MWS wont fit that holster 😕

Lol I'm dying 🤣 it's for my old gen 1 kwa/ksc glock 34 now 17 I've had it for so long 3 different barrel/slide sets and final settled on the RA tech slide and Guarder barrel

7 hours ago, Marroksteel said:

Well broke my trigger guard trying to get the roll pin in so no I need a new lower... and no I'm not thinking about that G&P set or another HAO kit probably a Guns Modify if I can find one

received_359698718645751.jpeg

Bloody hell...... Is that a Marui MWS lower it's happened to?

8 hours ago, Marroksteel said:

Well broke my trigger guard trying to get the roll pin in so no I need a new lower... and no I'm not thinking about that G&P set or another HAO kit probably a Guns Modify if I can find one

Cool!! Open plan.Easy for a gloved finger.😉

9 hours ago, Marroksteel said:

Ladies and gentlemen, a moment of silence for the fallen please.

Happy days,

Hao Econoline Geissele REBCG (Reliability-Enhanced-Bolt-Carrier-Group) in DDE colour and replacement barrel nut is out for delivery today, so I'm all set in 'shop mode for upgrade time.

Hao 9.3" Civilian URGI handguard has had a light sanding down of the four bearing surfaces to ease the handguard on an off without so much effort as it is immensely tight and requires hammering with a rubber mallet to remove, the barrel nut has been replaced also as it has light scoring that could potentially make it tighter to remove.

Upgrades already done are modify tan hop rubber (first time I've tried this so should be interesting coupled with the essential mws upgrade Super Six G nub.) Dp enhanced piston seal, mags are green gas modified ready.  Angry gun nozzle fitted with R A Tech black Npas. 

My goals for this upgrade are better consistency and improved accuracy.

As as man of science (choke, LOL) I'll be trying to prove my findings on the rif ballistic performance spreadsheet I/we have created so if anyone knows of a way of creating a printable target to obtain a standardized accuracy test and sharing over Google sheets that would be great so we can prove out these mods and sort of justify the fortune we've spent over lockdown and not waste money on kit that does not work/incompatible with other mods.

I believe there's another file on this forum somewhere that has a list of what works and what doesn't. Admins is there any possibility of combining these two files please?

Any constructive comments/ suggestions greatly appreciated.  Link below to spreadsheet.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1lfmKJtQm-qGtE-EJLlXXixfkon5uT6nDdt7BJOOOb1o/edit?usp=drivesdk

IMG_20201113_082349.jpg

IMG_20201113_082313.jpg

IMG_20201113_082113.jpg

Delivery today for me also @Wild Weasel

Firstly a HAO Geissele BCG which is a very well machined piece of aluminium. The colour is lighter than the tan HAO use for their rails but it's close match to the shade used for the real Geissele BCG. Hoping to get it fitted on Monday and will report back. 

Secondly my Magpul M-Lok QD mount arrived for my SL-K stock, not very exciting but it's pretty much the final piece for my 9.3" URGI build!

Next year I'm definitely picking up a second MWS with the plan to build a 14.5" rifle as I've really enjoyed working on this one!

IMG-20201113-WA0004.jpeg

IMG-20201113-WA0005.jpeg

IMG-20201113-WA0008.jpeg

20201101_103434.jpg

Yet another new MWS convert here, after much umming and arrhing, I 've taken the plunge:

IMG_4542.thumb.JPG.264b2599d531eba6d7886a06ab50183c.JPG

After only recently coming back to airsoft after being clean for a few years, I now find myself furloughed and drooling online for hours.  When I got bored of airsoft a few years ago, I'd ended up a PTW fanboy.  Gas guns were crap back then.  Things appear to have changed. 

I haven't taken this mk18 out to a game yet due to lockdown.   Purchased from Eagle 6 this week, I took it home and had tremendous buyers remorse after blasting off a few mags in my cold garage in the dark.  1/2 a kilo per a piffling 35 bb's?  WTF?  And all the noise, clattering and banging disturbed me.

After spending this week reading all 150 pages, I want to thank everybody here on this great thread who has contributed.  I'm now a gas convert, and look forwards to joule creeping the shit out of all future skirmishes.  My PTW's are boxed up in the loft, with their choppy mags and soulness gubbins.  My G Spec has had it's beautifully lapped barrel removed, ready to be donated to this MWS, as soon as I can work out a good way of torching the front end off.  My newly fixed MP7 AEG, pretty as it is,  looks like it might be consigned to creeping around at night use.

I can't help but think winter isn't the best time to adopt a fanatical GBBR compulsion, but here I am, getting involved.

3 hours ago, RMDavis said:

Delivery today for me also @Wild Weasel

Firstly a HAO Geissele BCG which is a very well machined piece of aluminium. The colour is lighter than the tan HAO use for their rails but it's close match to the shade used for the real Geissele BCG. Hoping to get it fitted on Monday and will report back. 

Secondly my Magpul M-Lok QD mount arrived for my SL-K stock, not very exciting but it's pretty much the final piece for my 9.3" URGI build!

Next year I'm definitely picking up a second MWS with the plan to build a 14.5" rifle as I've really enjoyed working on this one!

IMG-20201113-WA0004.jpeg

IMG-20201113-WA0005.jpeg

IMG-20201113-WA0008.jpeg

20201101_103434.jpg

Do us a solid, whip out your buffer and see if the hao BCG has grooved the inside of your buffer tube where the roller has been please?  Just trying to figure out off this is legacy wear or if it's today's testing results which are on the spreadsheet if interested.

1 hour ago, Captain Darling said:

Yet another new MWS convert here, after much umming and arrhing, I 've taken the plunge:

IMG_4542.thumb.JPG.264b2599d531eba6d7886a06ab50183c.JPG

After only recently coming back to airsoft after being clean for a few years, I now find myself furloughed and drooling online for hours.  When I got bored of airsoft a few years ago, I'd ended up a PTW fanboy.  Gas guns were crap back then.  Things appear to have changed. 

I haven't taken this mk18 out to a game yet due to lockdown.   Purchased from Eagle 6 this week, I took it home and had tremendous buyers remorse after blasting off a few mags in my cold garage in the dark.  1/2 a kilo per a piffling 35 bb's?  WTF?  And all the noise, clattering and banging disturbed me.

After spending this week reading all 150 pages, I want to thank everybody here on this great thread who has contributed.  I'm now a gas convert, and look forwards to joule creeping the shit out of all future skirmishes.  My PTW's are boxed up in the loft, with their choppy mags and soulness gubbins.  My G Spec has had it's beautifully lapped barrel removed, ready to be donated to this MWS, as soon as I can work out a good way of torching the front end off.  My newly fixed MP7 AEG, pretty as it is,  looks like it might be consigned to creeping around at night use.

I can't help but think winter isn't the best time to adopt a fanatical GBBR compulsion, but here I am, getting involved.

Welcome to the club!

1 hour ago, Wild Weasel said:

Do us a solid, whip out your buffer and see if the hao BCG has grooved the inside of your buffer tube where the roller has been please?  Just trying to figure out off this is legacy wear or if it's today's testing results which are on the spreadsheet if interested.

Yeah man I can check on Monday when I get chance to fit the HAO BCG.

I will check before and after fitment. 👍

Hey all 

So little update on my MTR 16

Went to attempt the barrel nut removal last night 

Umm no heat needed put the receiver in a vise block 

Put the wrench on the nut gentle tap with a mallet to shock any loctite

And it came off with no fuss

No loctite on it at all 

So hop nub and new rubber fitted all feeds fine but can't really set it up as it's dark when I finish work 

Thanks for all the help 

13 hours ago, Cat182 said:

Hey all 

So little update on my MTR 16

Went to attempt the barrel nut removal last night 

Umm no heat needed put the receiver in a vise block 

Put the wrench on the nut gentle tap with a mallet to shock any loctite

And it came off with no fuss

No loctite on it at all 

So hop nub and new rubber fitted all feeds fine but can't really set it up as it's dark when I finish work 

Thanks for all the help 

Thank god! My stock barrel nut has blue loctite all over it, I rate Camoraids for removing that without cracking the gun in half. I'm sure you're going to love the performance.

On 13/11/2020 at 21:34, Wild Weasel said:

Fitted the HAO bcg yesterday, and had a good look at the inside of my buffer tube.

Prior to fitment there was no witness marks on the inside of the tube that I could see and again after fitment and a couple of mags put through it for testing I couldn't see any obvious wear.

Admittedly I was short on time as thus was carried out on my lunch break at work (boss is a fellow airsofter and I work in a workshop on a farm so all good!) So i haven't been able to test it thoroughly.

On the face of it though all seems okay, although trying to get the upper plastic section that holds the nozzle with that spring was bloody tricky! 😂

2 hours ago, RMDavis said:

On the face of it though all seems okay, although trying to get the upper plastic section that holds the nozzle with that spring was bloody tricky! 😂

Yup, that spring sucks. I've gotten quite good at it though by following how Badabing does it. Put the nozzle guide in (the plastic section) and pull it towards the back of the bolt, so its sat like it would sit if the spring were inside. Then push the spring into the hole where it's supposed to sit and use the flathead to compress it into the little chamber where it sits, and when you pull the flathead out, it will engage with the post where it should sit. 

27 minutes ago, ajumma said:

Yup, that spring sucks. I've gotten quite good at it though by following how Badabing does it. Put the nozzle guide in (the plastic section) and pull it towards the back of the bolt, so its sat like it would sit if the spring were inside. Then push the spring into the hole where it's supposed to sit and use the flathead to compress it into the little chamber where it sits, and when you pull the flathead out, it will engage with the post where it should sit. 

Yeah, best wat to put it in, I also use another screwdriver to keep the spring in while I’m pulling out the first one so it does not jump out.

Just a heads up for anybody after full size TM mags - Firesupport has had a batch in.  42 left as of this morning, but I have just bagged 3 of those...

I could also use some advice with upping the fps on my newly aquired mk18.  As a recent GBBR convert, I (possibly foolishly) hope to use my MWS as much as possible during the UK winter.  After testing 4 types of gas on Sunday, I was seeing unimpressive fps: around 300 on a .20 using Nuprol 4.0 at 9/10 degrees outside.  It's going to get much colder than this, and 300 fps is not going to cut it against AEG's at a 370 fps Stirling game.

I am really enjoying tinkering with the gun, but have so far just done the GG mod to the mags, which has helped somewhat.  The magazines do not seem to be the weak link, and the winter gases are doing the best they can.  I'm building up courage to have the front end off, but I need to be very careful as I plan to sell the furniture as a TM complete mk18 upgrade kit, as I have other plans for the base gun.

When I do get it apart, I have a 303mm 6.02 lapped barrel to try, and a nub and HSB from Dave on order.  In the meantime, I have borrowed a rocket valve from an old KWA MP9, and switched out the stock TM one.  After leaving mags in the fridge overnight, on Nuprol 3.0 on .20 bb's I chroned at 390 fps, then 380, 363, settling on 340 ish.  

Impressive, but not skirmishable.  Angry Gun adjustable nozzle kits are out of stock everywhere, and when I asked a UK seller about MWS NPAS kits, he said that would not help, as it would not add fps that wasn't there to begin with?

I have put the stock valve back in, but wanted to know if I can modify it to push a little more gas?  Other than this, I think I will have to order something from Hong Kong, but what?

rocket valve.jpg

4 hours ago, Captain Darling said:

I could also use some advice with upping the fps on my newly aquired mk18.  As a recent GBBR convert, I (possibly foolishly) hope to use my MWS as much as possible during the UK winter.  After testing 4 types of gas on Sunday, I was seeing unimpressive fps: around 300 on a .20 using Nuprol 4.0 at 9/10 degrees outside.  It's going to get much colder than this, and 300 fps is not going to cut it against AEG's at a 370 fps Stirling game.

I am really enjoying tinkering with the gun, but have so far just done the GG mod to the mags, which has helped somewhat.  The magazines do not seem to be the weak link, and the winter gases are doing the best they can.  I'm building up courage to have the front end off, but I need to be very careful as I plan to sell the furniture as a TM complete mk18 upgrade kit, as I have other plans for the base gun.

When I do get it apart, I have a 303mm 6.02 lapped barrel to try, and a nub and HSB from Dave on order.  In the meantime, I have borrowed a rocket valve from an old KWA MP9, and switched out the stock TM one.  After leaving mags in the fridge overnight, on Nuprol 3.0 on .20 bb's I chroned at 390 fps, then 380, 363, settling on 340 ish.  

Impressive, but not skirmishable.  Angry Gun adjustable nozzle kits are out of stock everywhere, and when I asked a UK seller about MWS NPAS kits, he said that would not help, as it would not add fps that wasn't there to begin with?

I have put the stock valve back in, but wanted to know if I can modify it to push a little more gas?  Other than this, I think I will have to order something from Hong Kong, but what?

I would look at a Black NPAS from RA Tech in the standard TM nozzle. Easy to get 370fps plus on 0.2g and green gas. I run mine 80% closed to keep under 350fps (0.2g equivalent) with green gas on 10-15DegC days.

https://emperionstore.com/npas-kit-for-tokyo-marui-mws-gbb-ra-tech.html

Stay away from AG stuff, tolerances and performance are all over the place.

Also: FPS does NOT equal range. Run the heaviest BB you can consistently lift, it will be "slower" but actually carry the energy further and give better range. Time to target is minimal (or huge if your BB never gets that far down range! :) )

4 hours ago, Captain Darling said:

Just a heads up for anybody after full size TM mags - Firesupport has had a batch in.  42 left as of this morning, but I have just bagged 3 of those...

rocket valve.jpg

Don’t use Nuprol bbs first point. Either G&G, BLS, Geoffs or Longbow. 

Secondly be careful taking the from RIS off I’ve heard it’s a pain to do and some specific tool is needed. I’m not sure if it’s just the normal laylax wrench or what?  It will be interesting to find out. 

Thirdly 390fps on 0.2 with Nuorol 3.0 wowzers.... mind you that’s not far off on me clocking in at 387fps on predator gas using a G&P bolt!!! 

I have an Angry Gun adjustable nozzle valve too. I’ve been tinkering with it and it’s now at that sweet spot where it seems happy. I’m getting 340 FPS give or take. Got it from Fire Support when they had stock. Although I’ve gone back to stock Marui and put the gun away till March now. I’ll probably stick it in the classifieds when I get my finger out.