THE TM MWS thread

Wo1f

2 hours ago, Davegolf said:

I wasn’t talking about you, just a generalisation that was relative 🙂

Me? No I’ve never made anything and sold it to the public 👍

OK so it’s just me, I’m too cheap apparently. Anyway if I were to do only one piece the price must have been higher but when doing stuff in batches  the costs and time spent can be optimized.

Asking for a friend....... can the MWS platform be used with a hpa setup? I mean it’s just gas after all yeah well air but you know what I mean yeah?

Two options as I see it:

1. Convert existing MWS mags to take hpa

2. use one of @rocketdogberthpa drum mag setups and hpa that?

Thoughts gentlemen?

10 minutes ago, AlphaBear said:

Asking for a friend....... can the MWS platform be used with a hpa setup? I mean it’s just gas after all yeah well air but you know what I mean yeah?

Two options as I see it:

Thoughts gentlemen?

1. Yes, it’s an HPA tap instead of a gg valve, about £5

2. @sonofsammo 😎

39 minutes ago, AlphaBear said:

Two options as I see it:

Thoughts gentlemen?

Yes.

All day long.

And it's FUCKING AWESOME!!!

I followed option number two and it was responsible for some of the most enjoyable games ever.

Some will call me a heretic for saying 350 rounds in a mag is the way forward. But all I say is - it levels the playing field. It's just the same as a high cap.

And if you have an mws set up as a DMR, firing .36s, with a drum mag?

The grin will literally never leave your face.

In fact, I'm smiling now. 😁

9 minutes ago, sonofsammo said:

Yes.

All day long.

And it's FUCKING AWESOME!!!

I followed option number two and it was responsible for some of the most enjoyable games ever.

Some will call me a heretic for saying 350 rounds in a mag is the way forward. But all I say is - it levels the playing field. It's just the same as a high cap.

And if you have an mws set up as a DMR, firing .36s, with a drum mag?

The grin will literally never leave your face.

In fact, I'm smiling now. 😁

Damn! My friend will be pleased to hear this. 😂

Did you have to do any other mods with the internals of the rifle itself. Can the stock Marui internals hold up to the vigours of HPA other than lubing the rifle every so often cos you’re dealing with dry air. 

Also any pics of your set up?

One thing to be aware of is that if you plan on using full auto with HPA then the wear is something to consider. I’ve almost destroyed my KWA KV on hpa but I was shooting full auto on 120-130psi and had a 5000 rounds box mag so I never went out of bbs and rof was x2 the stock one. Other than that it’s just the same as gg but better (no cool down, consistent FPS).

PS Drum is fine but this one is finer

http://www.iwholesales.co.uk/310012-cccp-m4-m16-box-magazine-5000-rounds-mag-008

Crap,

Just found I've left my hammer cocked for 24hrs, should I panic and start ordering hammer springs or are they pretty resilient?

Just spent my lockdown in 'shop mode all manner of small upgrade skulduggery an buggery -

- Hao Econoline bolt.

- Spare hao urgi barrel nut as the old one is tight as f#£&!

- G&p complete drop in reinforced nose-all.

- G&p buffer with tap washer spacers (credit William Hicks). Geissele type 47 tungsten buffer weight next month.

- Modify Tan bucking

- Dp precision enhanced sealing buffer.

Any advice/comments on these parts welcome!

Cheers

16049310014272605105338715756807.jpg

5 hours ago, Wild Weasel said:

Crap,

Just found I've left my hammer cocked for 24hrs, should I panic and start ordering hammer springs or are they pretty resilient?

Just spent my lockdown in 'shop mode all manner of small upgrade skulduggery an buggery -

- Hao Econoline bolt.

- Spare hao urgi barrel nut as the old one is tight as f#£&!

- G&p complete drop in reinforced nose-all.

- G&p buffer with tap washer spacers (credit William Hicks). Geissele type 47 tungsten buffer weight next month.

- Modify Tan bucking

- Dp precision enhanced sealing buffer.

Any advice/comments on these parts welcome!

Cheers

16049310014272605105338715756807.jpg

A spring won't change its spring rate after 24hrs, I have seen air rifles left cocked for years and still put out 95% of their original power 😁 The lost 5% was probably due to the grease turning into earwax over the years! 🤮

Guest Airsoft J2

Does anyone else have trouble with the hop relaxing or easing off? Within a couple of hours of setting the hop (brass nub, everything else stock), I'm back to zero hop. This happens whether I fire any shots or not. Any ideas? It's a right pain and I can't help but think that I've messed something up on reassembly at some point...

39 minutes ago, Airsoft J2 said:

Does anyone else have trouble with the hop relaxing or easing off? Within a couple of hours of setting the hop (brass nub, everything else stock), I'm back to zero hop. This happens whether I fire any shots or not. Any ideas? It's a right pain and I can't help but think that I've messed something up on reassembly at some point...

You mean your hop is being reduced if you shoot or not?! That sounds weird as hell... I haven't disassembled the wheel part of the MWS hop but usually hop chambers have an o-ring which helps maintain tension. Have you checked if that is there?

1 hour ago, Airsoft J2 said:

Hop spring? It’s the one associated with the hop adjustment dial. It’s easy to lose. 

16 minutes ago, Cat182 said:

Hey all mtr16 arrived today very happy 

Only bit I'm needing is the brass nub 

I've emailed six g 

I know they are a one man band.

But it's been a while 

Does anyone have one spare for sale

Patience padawan. He will answer. 

@Davegolf

1 hour ago, Cat182 said:

The mtr16 rail and selectors have weird screws holding them in place are they spline or torx or something TM came up with ? 

Also going to attempt to remove the barrel to fit hop nub and new bucking 

Just so you know, the barrel nut on the MTR16 can apparently be INSANELY hard to remove. You'll need a lot of elbow grease to get it moving :D

25 minutes ago, ajumma said:

Just so you know, the barrel nut on the MTR16 can apparently be INSANELY hard to remove. You'll need a lot of elbow grease to get it moving :D

I have heard have a heat gun handy too 

Plus the correct tools might help 

What about the star keys?

haven't actually tried torx or spline in them yet

2 minutes ago, Cat182 said:

I have heard have a heat gun handy too 

Plus the correct tools might help 

What about the star keys?

haven't actually tried torx or spline in them yet

I'm afraid I didn't take it off myself, my tech did it when he installed my rail system. I can't imagine TM has some proprietary screw for this though, have you tried putting a torx in and seeing if it seats?

Guest Airsoft J2
20 hours ago, ajumma said:

You mean your hop is being reduced if you shoot or not?! That sounds weird as hell... I haven't disassembled the wheel part of the MWS hop but usually hop chambers have an o-ring which helps maintain tension. Have you checked if that is there?

I'll strip it down at the weekend when I have more time at home but the hop spring and o-ring were both there when I reassembled things after installing the nub. It's bizarre! Thanks for the suggestions.

Well broke my trigger guard trying to get the roll pin in so no I need a new lower... and no I'm not thinking about that G&P set or another HAO kit probably a Guns Modify if I can find one

received_359698718645751.jpeg

2 hours ago, Marroksteel said:

Well broke my trigger guard trying to get the roll pin in so no I need a new lower... and no I'm not thinking about that G&P set or another HAO kit probably a Guns Modify if I can find one

Ouch! If it's any consolation I did the same to mine when replacing the trigger guard, albeit not quite so spectacularly (I broke off just one of the tabs).

From Googling at the time, it seems to be a fairly common occurrence in the real steel world - the tabs on the M4/AR-15 platform being something of a design flaw that you need to be extra careful around.

In my case I was able to Gorilla-glue the broken tab back on and it's rock solid with just a hairline crack; barely noticeable. Adds character 😉

You might be able to glue yours? Could be worth a shot and nothing to lose by trying. An alternative solution that's often recommended for AR-15s is to fit a Daniel Defense pistol grip with oversized trigger guard (or similar product). One of these:

opplanet-daniel-defense-pistol-grip-with-oversized-trigger-guard-tornado.jpg.0e8716d4ff45903240f648e1e4712d0d.jpg