THE TM MWS thread

Wo1f

Just a quick note on the spread sheet that's out and about on the ether there are 2 different file tabs one with 3 Mags on and one with 6.

For a complete test of what your kit is doing I'd encourage you to test all your mags so if you have one that is underperforming you can spot it - I run propane and I reckon I can tell if one mag needs some silicone as it doesn't shoot as well.

Additionally I'm not the best at excel/sheets (this was made on sheets) and you reckon you can do a better job please feel free to customise your info. ( There is hidden formula to the right of 'max fps')

Let's get a team collaboration going and nail down what works well and what doesn't.

Cheers

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1lfmKJtQm-qGtE-EJLlXXixfkon5uT6nDdt7BJOOOb1o/edit?usp=drivesdk

11 hours ago, Wild Weasel said:

No expense spared, Lol

Screenshot_20201030_214023.jpg

Picked up a Acetech AC6000 BT EX

Oh my God! I just put two mags through my G&P bolt! It’s how can I put it eloquently running as hot as Mount Etna during a heat wave! 

I’ll update the spreadsheet in a bit. Basically I used Geoff’s 0.3 shooting 20 bbs with both the G&P bolt and then with the Marui bolt. Each time I made sure the mag was full of gas. The temperature  was an ambient 20c. Then I switched to 0.2 Excel bbs ( hard as nails but old) and again quite surprised. So four tests done. The bottom line is the G&P bolt is running way too hot! 

The gas used was Abbey Ultra Predator gas in the red can even though it’s a green gas! 

The G&P unit is made for green gas and Hongkong's 2.0j limit so i would suspect it needs to be tuned down some for cqb

Here are the results. You can see how hot the G&P bolt (left side) is running compared to the stock Marui (right side). As I said the gas used was Abbey Ultra Predator gas. 

Geoffs Super Precision 0.3s and Excel 0.2s were used. 

Ill have a go with the normal Abbey green gas tomorrow and post up. 

I’ll get round to updating the excel too when I get a moment. 

D3D2AFE1-54D9-48F5-8DB2-DDF7B39C388D.jpeg

Update on my URGI build...

The genuine Magpul SL-K stock arrived from Brownells. 

Bought a clone Unity Tactical Mount, which although it looks pretty awkward having an optic mounted that high up IMO.

However it works perfectly and having the optic mounted at this height is extremely comfortable!

I also picked up a WADSN DBAL-A2 and a dual pressure switch to work alongside my M300 light. 

It's a snug fit but I managed to get everything on the rail where I wanted it.

This DBAL-A2 is the polymer one which initially put me off, but it's much cheaper than the G&P version of which I've had two in the past and although they get rave reviews I was never that impressed with them.

Secondly if I was that bothered with polymer over metal I'd never buy a TM pistol! 😂

Overall I'm really impressed with it and after putting quite a few bb's through the MWS zeroing the crossfire on it's new mounted, the DBAL-A2 seemed to gold its own zero.

I will update this after a few games, but what with the new lockdown I doubt that will be for a while!

After a recommendation from a mate I ordered a G&P aluminium buffer, this comes with three weights which you can add or remove as required.

Again when I get chance I will record the various weights and compare them with the stock buffer. 

A couple of UAC sealing buffers to add to my spares list, currently trying to pick up a spare TM nozzle but looks like stock is zero everywhere!

Lastly I've got a HAO Industries lightweight BCG on order after a very positive review from ATRG's blog. 

Will get that fitted with the G&P buffer and give my review also.

Here's a few photo's, sorry for the crappy kitchen floor backdrop, it's howling outside and the best I could do on a Sunday morning!

20201101_103403.jpg

20201101_103434.jpg

20201101_104051.jpg

20201101_104110.jpg

40 minutes ago, RMDavis said:

Lastly I've got a HAO Industries lightweight BCG on order after a very positive review from ATRG's blog. 

I also kind of want one of these as a spare to much about with and to try and get to as high joules as possible. What is the optimal nozzle setup to run in it? Guns modify?

1 hour ago, RMDavis said:

Update on my URGI build...

The genuine Magpul SL-K stock arrived from Brownells. 

Bought a clone Unity Tactical Mount, which although it looks pretty awkward having an optic mounted that high up IMO.

However it works perfectly and having the optic mounted at this height is extremely comfortable!

I also picked up a WADSN DBAL-A2 and a dual pressure switch to work alongside my M300 light. 

It's a snug fit but I managed to get everything on the rail where I wanted it.

This DBAL-A2 is the polymer one which initially put me off, but it's much cheaper than the G&P version of which I've had two in the past and although they get rave reviews I was never that impressed with them.

Secondly if I was that bothered with polymer over metal I'd never buy a TM pistol! 😂

Overall I'm really impressed with it and after putting quite a few bb's through the MWS zeroing the crossfire on it's new mounted, the DBAL-A2 seemed to gold its own zero.

I will update this after a few games, but what with the new lockdown I doubt that will be for a while!

After a recommendation from a mate I ordered a G&P aluminium buffer, this comes with three weights which you can add or remove as required.

Again when I get chance I will record the various weights and compare them with the stock buffer. 

A couple of UAC sealing buffers to add to my spares list, currently trying to pick up a spare TM nozzle but looks like stock is zero everywhere!

Will get that fitted with the G&P buffer and give my review also.

Here's a few photo's, sorry for the crappy kitchen floor backdrop, it's howling outside and the best I could do on a Sunday morning!

20201101_103403.jpg

20201101_103434.jpg

20201101_104051.jpg

20201101_104110.jpg

I ended up with the wadsn dbal, does yours work on low power (green laser)?

If you search for William Hicks on Facebook he's had extensive testing with the g&p  buffer and he reckons the best setup is with a geissele automatics type 42 tungsten weight  from Brownell's and has a video of him in 0°c mag dumping, zero cooldown.

Also with a slight bit of movement in the buffers internal weights stops bolt bounce and jams.

I've got the hao Econoline bolt enroute too, let us know when yours arrives and what you think please.

Cheers.

49 minutes ago, ajumma said:

I also kind of want one of these as a spare to much about with and to try and get to as high joules as possible. What is the optimal nozzle setup to run in it? Guns modify?

I intend on using the TM nozzle and only have experience with that part.

ATRG's review also uses the stock nozzle and he seemed impressed. 

https://atrg.blog/2020/10/19/accessory-review-hao-geissele-rebcg-ecoline-for-marui-zet-mws-gbbr/

15 minutes ago, Wild Weasel said:

I ended up with the wadsn dbal, does yours work on low power (green laser)?

If you search for William Hicks on Facebook he's had extensive testing with the g&p  buffer and he reckons the best setup is with a geissele automatics type 42 tungsten weight  from Brownell's and has a video of him in 0°c mag dumping, zero cooldown.

Also with a slight bit of movement in the buffers internal weights stops bolt bounce and jams.

I've got the hao Econoline bolt enroute too, let us know when yours arrives and what you think please.

Cheers.

Thats good to know mate, I will certainly check that out!

My dbal-a2 is red laser, ir laser, and white light, all functions appear to be working correctly.

I will put up my thoughts when the HAO bolt arrives and see how it gets on with the G&P buffer. 👍

This isn't a wtb post (yet) but to those of you who have bought a receiver kit and have an upper receiver not doing anything, how much would you want for it? I want to have seperate cqb and spr uppers for a GBBR and if I was to get an MWS this seems like the best way to go about getting one. 

18 minutes ago, Davegolf said:

Only seems right to offer this for sale here...

IMG_0242.JPG

Big mumma spanner, if you have to ask what its for you dont deserve it :D

Are we allowed to ask how much though?

8 hours ago, Davegolf said:

IMG_0242.JPG

Is it used to keep all the fan girls at bay, when they see you're rocking an MWS in the safe zone?

Meaning you are indeed a fully paid up member of the GBBR master race!? 😂

15 hours ago, Davegolf said:

IMG_0242.JPG

But it has a small tiny weeny cut out hmmmm. I’d say you were mis-sold it as a big mumma spanner. Ahem...

22 hours ago, AtR said:

On eagle6 there's 2 versions of nozzle return springs, one with 150% and another without any %.

Which would be the better spares purchase for when my original goes and why?

Good question.

Personally, I use the DP Enhanced Nozzle Spring Set which is reportedly "more durable", but doesn’t specify any kind of % in terms of spring resistance. I bought it 'on a whim' whilst ordering some other parts (my stock TM spring was still fine at the time) and I've been running it for I think two years now on green gas all year round. No issues.

There's also the GunsModify 150% Nozzle Reset Spring Set, which I think may be a newer product (?). No experience of using it myself. 150% seems like perhaps a little too much increase in spring tension for regular use all year, but I dunno. Perhaps the DP set (above) has a similar tension, it's just not stated.

Lastly, there the Watermelon Hard Nozzle Spring which I think has a 300% tension. I don't think you'd want to be using that as standard.

Bear in mind that the stock TM spring seems perfectly durable in most cases. I have mates who haven't swapped out the nozzle spring for 3-4 years, run green gas all year and haven't had any problems. It seems to be one of those stories that got mentioned on a forum somewhere and has grown legs, so that now everyone believes the MWS nozzle springs are made from cheese 🙂

Hope that helps and I'm sure others here will have more to add.

Important thing is to not twist the spring while installing the nozzle in the carrier. The TM spring is weaker than the DP enhanced (I fckin hate that word popping up on every piece of crap nowadays) spring but the DP works fine on my MWS. 300% probably does not even allow the nozzle to stay with the bucking for a split second.

45 minutes ago, Marroksteel said:

Well G&P seem to have made a new hopup unit.

MWS055A.jpg

Ohhh is this a part of the quick-change barrel system they teased a few weeks ago?

32 minutes ago, ajumma said:

Ohhh is this a part of the quick-change barrel system they teased a few weeks ago?

Yep that's the one, it's a whole new upper though.  I'd like one to save stripping the front end for a bucking change.