THE TM MWS thread

Wo1f

Epic post incoming!

So I have fitted all the WiiTech trigger group to my MWS.

I purchased this RIF second hand and it had been well used (to be polite!) and I had to give it a good clean out and service the mags as the empty levers weren't moving due to dirt/sand in them!

The trigger box was in a similar state but after a strip down, clean and lube up it wasn't too bad, certainly nothing to write home about but better than it had been.

Spin forward a year and I purchased a WiiTech marksman sear and fitted that...only to find that it didn't work (2 light strikes rather than a crisp break 😖) so I removed that, replaced the worn TM semi-sear and shimmed the sear, hammer and trigger pivots to eliminate some of the play and torsion binding that wasn't helping the trigger feel.

Last month I splashed out £60 for a WiiTech hammer and hammer&sear spring kit from the great Fire-Support thinking that this might play nicer with the Marksman sear.

I tried this with the Marksman sear and still had the same, dangerous, issues.

So in a fit of crazyness I purchased a complete set of WiiTech trigger parts direct from the manufacturer, excluding the hammer and hammer&sear springs, but including a regular semi-sear.

After 2 weeks and an extra £12 to ParcelFarce I had the parts in my hand.

The material and finish quality is the same as the other parts; ie smooth, precision machining and black chemical finish.

I fitted the parts after thoroughly cleaning the trigger box shell and the parts I was keeping in. I used some Graphite lock lubricant on the parts as I assembled them as it is meant to lubricate precision mechanisms and the "dry" formula won't attract dirt like oil or grease do.

Top tip - wear gloves, it gets *everywhere* and don't lean too close when spraying it as it is a powerful jet and you will end up with a shiny face if not careful! 

With the parts fitted I tested it out of the receiver (sans trigger pin) and there was a smooth, crisp pull and no slop. Reset was positive and audible, it not quite as crisp as the let off point.

Once I had it all reassembled I tested it and hit the only snag...with the AngryGun ambi selector semi was full auto too 🙄😱

I replaced it with the stock TM one and it worked fine, I think it wasn't allowing the disconnector to rise enough, I tried fettling it but gave up and stuck with the stock TM one. I shoot lefthanded but can still manipulate a right handed selector. Note self: Never buy AG stuff

I have included a video below of a before and after video and one showing the trigger reset. I have also hosted the after vids on Instagram, search alex_random_76 :)

In short, although it probably cost me £170 all in it is worth every penny. WiiTech trigger parts can go on the list with SixG parts, Hao Mk16 rail, RATech black NPAS and DynamicPrecision lightweight bolt that is titled "MWS upgrade parts that actually work and are worth spending money on" It isn't a long list 😁

• Supporters
1 hour ago, jsmithski said:

So how much was that beatutiful mk18? I’m planning to get one for myself too but can’t yet convince my consciousness to get another TM m4.

Mine? Well I have known the owner of the shop for years .... so I got a good deal, mk18+4mags+Tm XL speed loader for £750

What colour is that rail? I can't tell from the photo..

5 minutes ago, sp00n said:

Question, what weight of bb (and brand) are you using?

(gunna get a sixg super nub as soon as I can)

Only use good quality BB's! Stay away from Nuprol RZR. Use either Geoff's, BLS, Longbow or G&G. Weight wise anything from 0.28 to 0.32. It will lift unto 0.36 I've heard but on stock power that's pushing it... 0.30 is the sweet spot IMHO...

2 hours ago, TeddyBhoy said:

Mags are back in stock at Patrolbase guys. £44.99 a pop, so I've just picked up an extra one.

Wish I'd of been patient enough, I ordered 5 from Rainbow8 the other day. Could have saved some dosh!

That's just the way it is, I got a bunch from FS for £52 a pop.... I could have bought a spare mag practically if I had waited :D

3 hours ago, jsmithski said:

So how much was that beatutiful mk18? I’m planning to get one for myself too but can’t yet convince my consciousness to get another TM m4.

As the NIKE says...

Nike_1280-20150120104711373.thumb.jpg.f1cffd22cccdf7664c81cdebac5a9f28.jpg

@SSPKali nice work, whats the reset like? hard to visualise/see/hear in the vid?

It looks extremely short reset.

And likewise whats the wall like, is there a definite light pull to solid wall take up, then pull through to fire?

1 hour ago, Davegolf said:

@SSPKali nice work, whats the reset like? hard to visualise/see/hear in the vid?

It looks extremely short reset.

And likewise whats the wall like, is there a definite light pull to solid wall take up, then pull through to fire?

So there is very little take up (due to much tighter tollerences) then a smooth, consistent pull until the break. No second wall or ramping up of tension as you near the break point. Still easy enough to half pull then release, but TBH in airsoft it is usually a quick, instinctive double tap, not a measured single shot at 1000m!

Reset is shorter and crisper than the stock set up (which on mine was worn and pretty mushy!) But more of a 'thunk' than a 'click'. Can fire off 2 shots pretty quick, certainly easier than the worn stock trigger.

If you are ever playing at a site near me let me know and you can have a play with it and see what you think.

I got my mitts on a G&P bolt. The bolt is very light, I’ve not weighed it yet but it’s definitely lighter than the stock marui. The quality is very high. I’ve taken a few close ups.  You can see how well formed the nozzle is. Definitely better than an Angry Gun one IMHO. Now what’s interesting is that screw for the bolt carrier hammer assist/firing pin and the circlip holding it. Ain’t that a strange design or is this considered an enhancement? What gives? 

A8786DF2-7CC0-404C-B065-06089E44D554.jpeg

AC618732-0287-4C2B-9172-136344DD6720.jpeg

7B9D8EE9-4C74-44A2-8C45-12C6268E97B2.jpeg

0F02E970-C676-4E26-85C7-2617B5974CDF.jpeg

I haven’t unscrewed anything to see what the insides are like. To be honest I got it on a whim whilst waiting for my replacement marui nozzle to arrive. Now I’m thinking, I may as well get the G&P npas valve and shove it into this bolt so that I can swap to using higher power when needed. I’m on a standard length (CQB) barrel so either i get the 3.5 version of the npas or I just get a 4.5 and adjust the power accordingly and hope that version works with the CQB. Dunno yet. Any thoughts? 

Now going back to the screw part it’s holding the hammer part of the bolt or whatever it’s called. Unlike the marui which has that bit forged as part of the bolt the G&P has it as a separate bit. See the pins below and you’ll see what I mean. 

4F18465B-42E2-478F-B85F-8B77B881B9D3.jpeg

6E439E3E-BFE3-4DEF-9285-2CF4FBF7571A.jpeg

36 minutes ago, Sawyer said:

I've got a G&P 3.5 valve en route to me so I'll let you know what it's like when it arrives.

Also just got myself my first chronograph so I can actually adjust things properly for BB weight.

Cool. Look forward to the results you get. I’m interested to know what the maximum, consistent FPS you get with different bb weights. Ta. 

Hello everyone. You have a great community here. First of all sorry for my English, I am not a native speaker.

Been lurking for a long time and made a decision to try the MWS GBB but need to check some thing with you guys first.

1. As I 100% only do milsim events and me and my team use bundeswehr loadouts, what is the best bag for the buck way to get TM MWS to 416D or 416a5 configurations without those 1500$ kits? Is TM gona release their own version of HK416 maybe?

2. My local FPS limits are 400. Best way to only take longer inner barrel with green gas? 

3. Are there any red dot sights replicas like eotech XPS that don't break under gbb recoil? Would like to avoid real steel prices.

4. What EU airsoft shop has best MWS offers and parts?

Thank you for the help.

2 hours ago, Boky said:

Hello everyone. You have a great community here. First of all sorry for my English, I am not a native speaker.

Been lurking for a long time and made a decision to try the MWS GBB but need to check some thing with you guys first.

1. As I 100% only do milsim events and me and my team use bundeswehr loadouts, what is the best bag for the buck way to get TM MWS to 416D or 416a5 configurations without those 1500$ kits? Is TM gona release their own version of HK416 maybe?

2. My local FPS limits are 400. Best way to only take longer inner barrel with green gas? 

3. Are there any red dot sights replicas like eotech XPS that don't break under gbb recoil? Would like to avoid real steel prices.

4. What EU airsoft shop has best MWS offers and parts?

Thank you for the help.

I’m not sure there’s any other way to get a 416 loadout without one of those expensive body kits 😕 TM just release their MWS MK18 so I don’t imagine they’re going to suddenly come out with a 416 anytime soon but I guess you could always keep your fingers crossed? 

A longer inner barrel or a tighter inner barrel will increase your FPS slightly but I think it’s difficult to predict. Your best and cheapest bet is probably to just get a g&p adjustable valve or a ra-tech npas and use that to increase your FPS on the fly to exactly where you want it with your desired bb weight. Just make sure to stay far away from the Angrygun bolt or “mpas” as they suck ass imo. 

Only eotech clone I’ve know of that withstands gbbr recoil is the Evolution Gear one, but you’ll need to order it from Asia for sure. There may be other options but I’m not sure. For the price you’ll end up paying, it’s better to just pick up a vortex crossfire red dot that will last you forever 🤷  

Good aftermarket parts are kind of hard to come by in EU to be honest, you’ll find some here and there but no one stocks as many parts as Rainbow8, jkarmy or dentrinity to be honest. 

Hi all,

I'm trying to buy one of the sixg buns, but getting no response through the email link on the site. Can anyone point me in the right direction please?

Thanks

4 hours ago, n00b1982 said:

Hi all,

I'm trying to buy one of the sixg buns, but getting no response through the email link on the site. Can anyone point me in the right direction please?

Thanks

He can take a while to respond, but once he does it is sent out quick. Worth the wait.

@AlphaBear

could you tell me whether the brass rollers of the G&P bolt alters the sound or not? 

There are some videos of recent G&P rifles that produces a ridiculously satisfying sound. A crisp, high pitch metallic hiss. I hope it’s only the bolt end and not some dark magic I have missed or can’t acquire...