THE TM MWS thread

Wo1f

Before I go track one down on the interwebz... does anyone have the brass collar from the end of the outer barrel they’re willing to part with? Or even a complete 10.5 barrel? 

@P4radox as a fix you can cut a small square of plastic sheet, the sort that the clear packaging display boxes are made of - that the guns modify hop unit probably can in lol - and superglue it onto one of the hop arm paddles.

Basically increasing the relayed pressure applied from the first (hop wheel driven) lever to the second lever (pushing the nub)

Update on WiiTech Marksman Sear debacle....you know the one where it light strikes the gas valve with the safety on or when you release the trigger to reset! 😱

I bit the bullet and purchased a Wii Tech MWS hammer and hammer spring set from FireSupport. I figured the old hammer was worn and not playing nice with the precision WiiTech sear.

It turned up in the usual fast time and like the sear was really well machined and finished. It will be interesting to see how the polymer roller does as this apparently is kinder on the bolt.

I fitted the hammer, sear and springs and took out all my previous shims to ensure a fair initial test.

Guess what? It did it again 🤦‍♂️ Seems that the act of the trigger resetting in semi allows hammer to creep up the face of the sear and push the valve knocker 1/3 of the way out. A subsequent trigger pull fires it the remaining 2/3 and drops the FPS output.

I took out the sear and fitted the original TM one, this time it was working fine. I shimmed the trigger pivot and sears again to remove play / torsion and re fitted it all. The reset was a bit mushy / indistinct but I think the trigger plate / disconnector springs are a bit worn...most importantly it is working as it should and safely!

I have ordered a regular semi auto sear (and all the other trigger box parts!) from WiiTech HK and will let you know how I get on with these, I think I just got unlucky with the Marksman Sear or it is *really* picky! At the end of the day I just want a smooth pull and reset I can feel, not a super precision sniper trigger!

So... yeah mws carbine came in yesterday morning and literally spent the day taking it apart and figured out how it works then refitting it to the Hao and got to the point where I thought(evil things) should I just buy G&P's complete trigger, bolt catch upgrade, hop unit, and other bits and have 2 mws's lol I'm going Tokyo marui crazy....

received_727393511175501.jpeg

received_668764567094309.jpeg

received_352218429542793.jpeg

received_390208518811651.jpeg

52 minutes ago, Marroksteel said:

So... yeah mws carbine came in yesterday morning and literally spent the day taking it apart and figured out how it works then refitting it to the Hao and got to the point where I thought(evil things) should I just buy G&P's complete trigger, bolt catch upgrade, hop unit, and other bits and have 2 mws's lol I'm going Tokyo marui crazy....

received_727393511175501.jpeg

received_668764567094309.jpeg

received_352218429542793.jpeg

received_390208518811651.jpeg

Here’s a thought. Take it all apart again and video it ;) 

I basically bought another MWS is parts lol but it'll be better than using stock part's and having a dust collector plus i can paint the colt because it's engraved not lasered. But swapping the stock/barrel for a new one as the stock was uncomfortable and a 330mm barrel with tan bucking and super6nub will do fine as a hardcore gbbr backup.

Screenshot_20201002-054723_Drive.jpg

So..... yeah I forgot that hopup wheel combo...oh and forward assist lol

So these look literally the same

Screenshot_20201002-065032_Firefox.jpg

Screenshot_20201002-065320_Firefox.jpg

2 hours ago, AlphaBear said:

Is this the famous bucking everyone is larking on about. The package doesn’t say MWS so wanted to be sure. Part number is GB-05-62

A83CD800-2141-4F78-BCC7-B15DF368418D.jpeg

Yes that’s the one modify tan coloured bucking. That’s the one I’ve got having been recommended it on this thread 👍🏻

3 hours ago, AlphaBear said:

Is this the famous bucking everyone is larking on about. The package doesn’t say MWS so wanted to be sure. Part number is GB-05-62

A83CD800-2141-4F78-BCC7-B15DF368418D.jpeg

Is this to stop aircraft getting pregnant?? Lol

6 hours ago, AlphaBear said:

Anyone used the Angry Gun nozzle in their MWS? If so any reviews on it? In fact has anyone used any other nozzle than the stock Marui?

4FB05683-DC3B-4418-9740-E81996A9220A.png

Worst nozzle . Broke in 3 games.

I have ascended!

492875088_picture1.thumb.JPEG.75095b620e00256ce05ce41573320b6a.JPEG1055739453_picture2.thumb.JPEG.de7a024da31e406a09f83fd993db56d1.JPEG

I also got the Angrygun Aluminium BC* bolt today but it doesn't seem to work too well. There is a friction between the nozzle and the bolt (might be due to the piston/sealing head as some others have experienced) so the nozzle returns quite sluggishly when I pull it forward and release it, but the main issue is that every time I shoot, this bolt somehow manages to engagethe hop dial and slowly decrease the hop until my bb's are just falling out 😅 Has anyone experienced an issue like this?

Either way I've already messaged Firesupport and hope I can just return the damn thing. Instead I'm planning to order either a UAC aluminium bolt and maybe the guns modify nozzle set, and run that as my high speed CQB setup. Then I want to install a G&P adjustable valve in the stock bolt to get me above 2 joules into DMR territory when I play outdoors.

Yeah after reading 130 pages of this forum i didn't want the AG bolt set so i ordered a HAO econo(tan)bolt and G&P complete nozzle set/ adjustable valve I figured company's that spend time getting things right over getting it out the door is the cheaper option "buy once cry once".

17 minutes ago, Marroksteel said:

Yeah after reading 130 pages of this forum i didn't want the AG bolt set so i ordered a HAO econo(tan)bolt and G&P complete nozzle set/ adjustable valve I figured company's that spend time getting things right over getting it out the door is the cheaper option "buy once cry once".

Yeaaaah I really can't recommend the AG lightweight bolt from my experience here. I mean the mis-fitting rubber piston head is one thing, but the tolerances of the nozzle guide being so janky that it actually knocks my hop dial and reduces hop by 1+ clicks each time is completely unacceptable. I've verified that my hop chamber is not loose or anything and the stock bolt has 0 issues firing without messing with the hop setting so I'm pretty sure something is faulty with the bolt. I've tried replacing the piston head with the one from my stock bolt and it fixes the friction between the nozzle and the bolt, but given the price I paid for this bolt it's simply not worth it. I really don't understand how you could ship a bolt with a nozzle set that literally does not work OOTB... Multiple people have had issues with the piston head this bolt set comes with so it boggles my mind that it hasn't been fixed. 

The AG BCM MCMR rail I have however is great, I can't fault the quality there, but the precision required for a bolt I think is greater than that of a handguard. 

23 hours ago, ajumma said:

Yeaaaah I really can't recommend the AG lightweight bolt from my experience here. I mean the mis-fitting rubber piston head is one thing, but the tolerances of the nozzle guide being so janky that it actually knocks my hop dial and reduces hop by 1+ clicks each time is completely unacceptable. I've verified that my hop chamber is not loose or anything and the stock bolt has 0 issues firing without messing with the hop setting so I'm pretty sure something is faulty with the bolt. I've tried replacing the piston head with the one from my stock bolt and it fixes the friction between the nozzle and the bolt, but given the price I paid for this bolt it's simply not worth it. I really don't understand how you could ship a bolt with a nozzle set that literally does not work OOTB... Multiple people have had issues with the piston head this bolt set comes with so it boggles my mind that it hasn't been fixed. 

The AG BCM MCMR rail I have however is great, I can't fault the quality there, but the precision required for a bolt I think is greater than that of a handguard. 

Yeah externally I think AG is a good company but inside no I wouldn't trust it because the zet system has been out for 2-3 years now and they still haven't fixed their product and if 5 out of 10 work that still doesn't justify the price of $130/£100 for a failed unit. If other company's have made better bolts/nozzles like Guns Modify $86/£66, UAC $82/£62 and G&P $160/£124 or mixNmatch then why bother with giving money to them personally I would ask all stores to not sell them till 9 of 10 work for longer  than a few thousand rounds but thats just me.

On 02/10/2020 at 07:59, AlphaBear said:

Anyone used the Angry Gun nozzle in their MWS? If so any reviews on it? In fact has anyone used any other nozzle than the stock Marui?

4FB05683-DC3B-4418-9740-E81996A9220A.png

Go get a Guns Modify or G&P unit I personally went with the G&P because in Hongkong they have a 2.0J limit so their products are made for higher pressure not making it to Japan's 1.0J standard and saying its green gas compatible. Because I like to believe but not certain that they stress test the products at higher rates before selling them.

Have others experienced that they can not lift .43g bb´s? w. Maple Leaf rubber?
I have tried  with maple leaf autobot and MR rubber and with org nub with a cord inside to make it hard and with the maple leaf nub. in 2 MWS rifles
It lifts nicely .36g with the hupup about halfway. I can see the hopup comes further down when i adjust it, but it's like that the bb dont get more back spin, does the BB sit so far forward in the chamber that it does not hit it properly? Does anyone have an idea?

On 30/09/2020 at 22:24, Davegolf said:

@P4radox as a fix you can cut a small square of plastic sheet, the sort that the clear packaging display boxes are made of - that the guns modify hop unit probably can in lol - and superglue it onto one of the hop arm paddles.

Basically increasing the relayed pressure applied from the first (hop wheel driven) lever to the second lever (pushing the nub)

Yes ,thats true but one way or the other mocking always sucks , especially in sensible parts like hopup ...

In this case I reckon easier to restore the original wheel which is handles properly fine bbs from 0.36g.