THE TM MWS thread

Wo1f

2 hours ago, AlphaBear said:

Hop adjustment question guys. When looking at the hop through the mag well with the barrel pointing to the left  to increase the hop you turn the wheel in the opposite direction ie towards the right towards the stock end yeah ? 

Yeah towards the stock end for applying hop and towards the barrel for reducing..... I had to etch a little arrow on the inside of the receiver to remind me 😂

Anyone running an Angry Gun complete high speed bolt carrier with MPA nozzle?

With lower ambient temperatures fast approaching I was wondering whether a lighter bolt carrier would help me with my intention of using my MWS in every season!

Or is my money better spent elsewhere?

Any help/advice would be appreciated. 👍

48 minutes ago, RMDavis said:

With lower ambient temperatures fast approaching I was wondering whether a lighter bolt carrier would help me with my intention of using my MWS in every season!

AG fit and finish seems variable (I am being nice about this)

At a minimum swap the piston head (AG one swells and jams up!) and put a dab of super glue on the end of the valve grub screw so if it does unscrew you won't accidentally fire t at someone! Mine has never lost adjustment...YMMV.

I would go for the Dynamic Precision bolt and either the TM or DP internals (DP have better springs in the nozzle, probably easier to buy it as a whole kit)

1 hour ago, RMDavis said:

For winter;

all stock parts

propane dry
fresh (read supple) piston lid seal

Winter upgrade;

npas

lighter weight bolt

Aim to keep pressure drop to a minimum, so don’t try for silly FPS with an Npas, it only exacerbates cool down.
If your playing assault role there is no need for more than 1j.

Keep moisture away, minimum lube.

13 hours ago, Marroksteel said:

@AlphaBear

After looking at a few pictures i would say in a clockwise direction counterclockwise if done via the dust cover side.

Hold the rif as you would fire it, put your finger on the hop, raise the muzzle to increase hop, lower it, to lower hop. If that makes sense?

Well mixed feelings! The mws performed amazing for an hr until it stopped firing. Tired another mag and still nothing. Then gas came shooting out the breach. Turns out 6 to 7 bbs got jammed in the barrel. No idea how. There was chopped plastic everywhere . I used a cleaning rod to push them out. Cleaned the barrel. Put it back together. Tried it. It shoots about 10m and the bbs arc downwards. I expect the hop rubber is shagged to bits. No idea really truth be told. Also I’ve no idea how much damage I may have caused. Any advice appreciated. 

Hi Dave, I’ve just got home now so I’ll take it apart. But first need to look at some online videos 😂. Roll on eagle6. 

I was using Nuprol RZR 0.28s so I’m wondering if a bad bb caused the jam. 

Let me also take a pic of the nozzle and I’ll post that up. Hope I’ve not damaged it. 

7 hours ago, RMDavis said:

I've ran mine for about 3000 rounds now and just had my first problem with it. The top portion where the gas key would be on an actual AR snapped clean in half whilst firing, causing no additional damage luckily. AG told me that this is a common fault with older batches, but they've resolved it now by changing the material. 

Only advice would be to keep AG and TM parts separate, some of the springs are different lengths and the fitment of things isn't very good between the two.

Nuprol 🤢☠️

Looks like you prob just need a nozzle and some quality ammo.

It wouldn’t hurt to put a fresh bucking in.

They are dead easy to work on, only gets a little taxing when you dive in the trigger box, that’s if you can get it out 😂

13 minutes ago, Davegolf said:

Nuprol 🤢☠️

Looks like you prob just need a nozzle and some quality ammo.

It wouldn’t hurt to put a fresh bucking in.

They are dead easy to work on, only gets a little taxing when you dive in the trigger box, that’s if you can get it out 😂

I should have used my Geoff’s 0.3! Oh well. Hey ho. I’ll get a new nozzle and a new bucking. Do you have any available? If so let me know and I’ll grab them off you. 

By the way does my existing nozzle looked shagged ? 

13 hours ago, RMDavis said:

Yes good stuff!

This is gonna be my first winter with so I cant serve with comprehensive experiences but faster and the engaging points better if you gonna invest I recommend the AngryGun high speed Buffer to balance the less recoil.

Hi guys.  I installed a set of springs from Dynamic precision and now my weapon fires every other time.  The first bbs shot goes off, the second bbs shot doesn't go out, and so on.  What is the problem, please tell me?  Maybe I did something wrong?

Screenshot_20200928-003023_Chrome.jpg

If after each shot I reload the weapon, then bbs will always fly out.

8 hours ago, P4radox said:

Yes good stuff!

This is gonna be my first winter with so I cant serve with comprehensive experiences but faster and the engaging points better if you gonna invest I recommend the AngryGun high speed Buffer to balance the less recoil.

That's good to hear, thank you.

I think I will pick up those two together and see how I fair. I'd imagine with both the AG carrier, and the high speed buffer there's barely any recoil!?

Seems to be people on both sides of the fence when it comes to experience of this kit, but I'm willing to give it a go myself.

I'd much rather have a separate complete carrier than start mucking about the the TM unit.

On 27/09/2020 at 00:01, AlphaBear said:

Hop adjustment question guys. When looking at the hop through the mag well with the barrel pointing to the left  to increase the hop you turn the wheel in the opposite direction ie towards the right towards the stock end yeah ? 

to stock : up hop

to barrel : down hop

1 hour ago, Wild Weasel said:

don't know if anyone's seen this yet but looks to be a great way of working on hop and bucking.

Interesting..... I wonder if that will work with the Marui receiver?

4 hours ago, RMDavis said:

That's good to hear, thank you.

I think I will pick up those two together and see how I fair. I'd imagine with both the AG carrier, and the high speed buffer there's barely any recoil!?

Yes the recoil less ,but its different ,return for faster and more snappy.

So finally the enjoyment factor is increased ,more consistant less gas consumption I like it!

20200928_115018.jpg

20200928_115001.jpg

Anyways mucking always ended up with sucks!

12 hours ago, GregArm said:

Hi guys.  I installed a set of springs from Dynamic precision and now my weapon fires every other time.  The first bbs shot goes off, the second bbs shot doesn't go out, and so on.  What is the problem, please tell me?  Maybe I did something wrong?

Difficult to find out whats happened ,try to reassamble again!

13 hours ago, GregArm said:

The potential problem with after market parts / third party parts is that even though they claim to be 100% compatible with a platform they may not necessarily be in real life. 

What happens when you use the original Marui parts?

Hao kit coming in today MWS is about 3-4 days out then I'll have 8 mags to fiddle with lol 3 prowin 50-55r, 4 saa pmag 35-39r, and the OG TM 30 mag but I'll only ever need to carry 6-7 and being able to edit the loadout like having the 50's for CQC/covering fire or swapping to the front pouches after clearing a mag is nice and picked up a new stock and grip.

26fb008b-448f-4e60-8494-2484650f6979.jpg

10509322-c203-472f-bec8-a62e7ca6f299.jpg

opplanet-mission-first-tactical-battlelink-minimalist-stock-military-with-nrat-strap-for-mil-spec-size-1-148-diameter-receiver-extensions-scorched-dark-earth.jpg

opplanet-first-tac-first-tac-engage-ar15m16-pistol-grip-scor-dark-earth-epgi16sde-right-v1.jpg