THE TM MWS thread

Wo1f

2 hours ago, SSPKali said:

I have 6 but rarely run them all. In CQB type games I can use 2 - 2.5 in all. I often change mags in a lull in the fighting before they are empty just so I don't get caught out.

Woodland games are a bit different, especially on windy days but if you know the limits of the platform it isn't too bad.

If you are sensible and only shoot at what you can see / hit 35rds goes a long way.

Screenshot_20200919-082618_Facebook.jpg

I only play woodland so more time to reload under cover etc I guess but 5 mags is an odd number. Better buy another to make it even as my vest has 6 pouches 😂

Edit:

Just checked it has 10 pouches! 😮

I ran my MWS for a skirmish the other weekend and experimented during the day with different ways of carrying the 6 mags I brought along. My setup is more of a DMR with a scope so I only used 1-2 mags per game and brought out the pistol for shorter engagements. It was still useful to have the extra mags for less loading time in between the games but 6 seem like one or two too much for my play style even for a milsim. 

It is also interesting to see how your pistol sees more action with less mags at hand. An observation I think someone else mentioned here earlier - where the pistol comes to use rather than being a decorative charm. 

Still struggling with the perfect minimal setup but most comfy was having one magazine in the belt, one in the MWS and a sling pack with water and an emergency mag. Belt with a mag and rackminus from BFG with three pmags was also comfy but made it harder to crawl and haven’t found a water carrier which is compatible. 

Weather is saying 14c for Sunday. Damn that’s cold! Guess autumn is finally upon us. Abbey ultra predator gas should be fine I assume?

On a bb loading note, I’ve just got a Marui XL speed loader come in today. It’s still kinda tough loading the mags. That spring is one tough mother that’s for sure. Is that what people are generally using to load their mags? 

11 minutes ago, AlphaBear said:

On a bb loading note, I’ve just got a Marui XL speed loader come in today. It’s still kinda tough loading the mags. That spring is one tough mother that’s for sure. Is that what people are generally using to load their mags? 

Yep, I have a TM M4 and pistol speed loaders and they fill the mags fine, you just get huge thumb muscles 👍🤣

54 minutes ago, AlphaBear said:

Weather is saying 14c for Sunday. Damn that’s cold! Guess autumn is finally upon us. Abbey ultra predator gas should be fine I assume?

Thanks for the advice guys, I think I’ll leave the mags alone for now until I find it becomes a real problem. I currently run 3 mags might get a 4th but 3 seems to suit my play style

Alpha bear I have a speed loader with a pistol adaptor and it works great, I find it easier to tilt I up every so slightly and hold the top down against the adaptor with a spare finger 

7 hours ago, P4radox said:

PMag update 2.0

Just solved the leakage problem!

I need a few more days to make sure its reliable ...

Probably they not gave proper attention for screw in....

20200923_182920.jpg

20200923_182935.jpg

Hi , 

I was problem with o-ring union middle mag .. use PTFE to repair . 

If you have dudes to PMAG , I did a lot of test to better performance

1 hour ago, marine said:

Hi , 

I was problem with o-ring union middle mag .. use PTFE to repair . 

If you have dudes to PMAG , I did a lot of test to better performance

Yes that O-ring is a piece of sheet....

But after 16 hours its still keeps in the 11g propane !

I will drop on the scale again few days later.

20200924_104341.jpg

4 hours ago, P4radox said:

Yes that O-ring is a piece of sheet....

But after 16 hours its still keeps in the 11g propane !

I will drop on the scale again few days later.

20200924_104341.jpg

I check leak introducing mag under water ... I wait 5-10min and see that it´s ok

Guys can you get a co2 mag for this gun? (and would it be okay on a stock weapon with no mods)

links please if there is any...

cheers

39 minutes ago, shivarussell said:

Guys can you get a co2 mag for this gun? (and would it be okay on a stock weapon with no mods)

links please if there is any...

cheers

No

23 hours ago, P4radox said:

PMag update 2.0

Just solved the leakage problem!

I need a few more days to make sure its reliable ...

Probably they not gave proper attention for screw in....

20200923_182920.jpg

20200923_182935.jpg

I had the same problem. Sneaky leaks. Greased all o-rings. Still leaky. Found this screw and lubed it - so far all fine. 

how was it to reassemble the upper and lower part? Looks like a pain 

Hey, 

did anyone try the G&P roller bolt end? It’s quite expensive for a wheeled bolt end ... but all rifles with it give off such a satisfying sound.

Also - G&P has a buffertube with the selling point of holes for exhausting air / gases. Could someone explain to me how this would be beneficial or whether it’s just a gimmick? 

C5CBE504-F67A-4623-AB14-FA7B9D65481C.jpeg

4C4BD4E1-45F4-4D3E-B05F-BD963D3B99E1.jpeg

8 hours ago, Hypokondrikern said:

Hey, 

did anyone try the G&P roller bolt end? It’s quite expensive for a wheeled bolt end ... but all rifles with it give off such a satisfying sound.

Also - G&P has a buffertube with the selling point of holes for exhausting air / gases. Could someone explain to me how this would be beneficial or whether it’s just a gimmick? 

C5CBE504-F67A-4623-AB14-FA7B9D65481C.jpeg

4C4BD4E1-45F4-4D3E-B05F-BD963D3B99E1.jpeg

Haven’t tried it, what is it designed to do and how does it change the noise? 

11 hours ago, Hypokondrikern said:

I had the same problem. Sneaky leaks. Greased all o-rings. Still leaky. Found this screw and lubed it - so far all fine. 

how was it to reassemble the upper and lower part? Looks like a pain 

Yeah..the reassamble is not pleasant but not difficult as it looks like...so the screw engage to the overhanging rod ,just need to find the good angle.

Pmag update 2.5 :

(2nd Day)still keeps!

20200925_123909.jpg

10 hours ago, JSwan said:

Haven’t tried it, what is it designed to do and how does it change the noise? 

It is supposed to give a smoother operation of the bolt and seem to work as intended. Look at my previous post about their complete kit for the MWS. The sound is incredible.  Yet ... the holes are mysterious to me...

6 hours ago, P4radox said:

Yeah..the reassamble is not pleasant but not difficult as it looks like...so the screw engage to the overhanging rod ,just need to find the good angle.

Pmag update 2.5 :

(2nd Day)still keeps!

20200925_123909.jpg

crossing my fingers. Thanks for sharing! 

Going down the rabbit hole...... at least I'm in California and the weather is good year round.

Screenshot_20200926-050958_Email.jpg

Screenshot_20200926-050655_Email.jpg

Screenshot_20200926-050759_Email.jpg

Screenshot_20200926-050831_Email.jpg

And if you can get etsy stuff shipped to the United kingdom this my be a nifty item.

https://www.etsy.com/listing/855357705/speed-loader-adapters-compatible-with?ref=shop_home_active_1&variation0=1505309745

il_794xN.2517810458_7va9.jpg

Screenshot_20200926-052854_Firefox.jpg

Hop adjustment question guys. When looking at the hop through the mag well with the barrel pointing to the left  to increase the hop you turn the wheel in the opposite direction ie towards the right towards the stock end yeah ? 

24 minutes ago, AlphaBear said:

Hop adjustment question guys. When looking at the hop through the mag well with the barrel pointing to the left  to increase the hop you turn the wheel in the opposite direction ie towards the right towards the stock end yeah ? 

@AlphaBear

After looking at a few pictures i would say in a clockwise direction counterclockwise if done via the dust cover side.