THE TM MWS thread

Wo1f

On 13/09/2020 at 18:12, Uncle Pauly said:

Fire Support still have a bunch of the P-Mag style (polymer) Iron Airsoft MWS mags in stock:

https://www.fire-support.co.uk/product/iron-airsoft-mws-block1-gbbr-black-magazine-39-rnds

About a tenner more than regular TM mags, but they look damn slick, hold a few more BBs and seem to work well - at least so far for me (I bought one just for looks and have been using it for plinking during lockdown; no problems at all).

Really no problems with your Iron Airsoft mag? Does it drop when pushing the magrelease? 

On 16/09/2020 at 23:06, Wild Weasel said:

I already have two Aluminium BCGs from a second hand deal which i anodized titanium as they were gold (...) but this HAO BCG is so affordable and comes with that great rusty tone which I crave. 

p.s did someone else read the article to the end? Is the MWS really a market success that is becoming a mainstream rifle? I thought it was quite niche. 

TM MWSmMags back in stock at FireSupport :)

5 hours ago, RMDavis said:

Here's an update on how my URGI build currently stands.

TM MWS CQBR - Base
HAO Industries MK16 Rail
Z-Parts URGI-1 Airborne Charging Handle
Z-Parts Daniel Defence 10.3" Outer Barrel
Magpul K2 Pistol Grip
Magpul ASAP QD Rear Sling Plate
Magpul M-Lok Hand Stop
Magpul Magazine Pulls
Magpul Clone MOE SL-K Stock (waiting for genuine to restock)
HAO Industries Geissele T1 mount
Vortex Optics Crossfire
Surefire Clone M300B Weapon Light
Arisaka Clone M-Lok Weapon Light Mount

Wiitech Trigger Guard

Ergo Gapper
Angry Gun 4 Prong Surefire Flash Hider
Angry Gun Surefire Suppressor
Angry Gun Maritime Bolt Stop
PTS Griffin Armament BUIS
Ferro Concepts Slingster - Multicam Black
Ferro Concepts QD Sling Swivels
TacbeltsUK Suppressor cover - Multicam Black
SixG Brass Hop Nub

It is without a doubt the best gun I have ever had the pleasure of owning and I now have no interest in anything other than GBBR's 😂

Performance is incredible, and other than the brass nub i have no intentions of changing any other internal parts. 

On a rather warm day a couple of weeks ago it chrono'd at around 260fps using 0.32g and Abbey Predator Ultra gas, which is fairly close to the limit so I'm glad I didn't go for a tight bore inner barrel!

Apart from sourcing a Genuine Magpul Stock, Unity Tactical Mount and maybe an IR laser / torch I really don't think it needs anything else other than feeding with gas and bb's!

Would genuinely consider buying another M4 MWS in the future to build a longer rifle or maybe wait out and see how TM's AKM MWS gets on, who knows!? 

Although I do keep looking at GHK 553's...

Anyway heres a few photos of my URGI!

20200919_133754.jpg

20200919_133827.jpg

20200919_133737.jpg

20200919_133540.jpg

Very, very nice Mr R! I do like how your build has turned out... that rail looks well sweet I must say and the Magpul furniture complements it nicely.. :)

'The best gun you have had the pleasure of ever owning..........?' I wonder how I'll feel pitting one up against my PTW and KoA 416? I'm quite excited to find out soon...

3 hours ago, AlphaBear said:

Very, very nice Mr R! I do like how your build has turned out... that rail looks well sweet I must say and the Magpul furniture complements it nicely.. :)

'The best gun you have had the pleasure of ever owning..........?' I wonder how I'll feel pitting one up against my PTW and KoA 416? I'm quite excited to find out soon...

Thanks bud!

You should be excited, and I honestly think you'll be extremely happy with your purchase.

It's tricky to compare it AEG's and providing you change your mindset/playstyle with the MWS you won't be disappointed. 

Having owned what is probably the best built TM 416 in the land, I still can’t put the mws down. Gas is just better 😎

Well I’m officially in the club. And it’s my first two tone gun ever 😂. The deal was simply too good to pass up. Thank you to the seller who sold it. You’re a gentleman sir!

And before anyone says, it’s green. I know. The chap was not UKARA registered when he bought it in March and it’s never been skirmished with either. Anyway, I’ve a CTR stock to replace the cheap plastic marui one and I’ll add a DD defence rail once I get a PTS barrrel spacer. In the mean time I’ll take the rail off my sopmod. They are the same I do believe. 

And, OMG, the recoil/blowback. Bloody hell! My teeth fell out 😂

07032A65-2DE7-46D6-A857-DF780DB93B9D.jpeg

48 minutes ago, AlphaBear said:

Quick 1 min makeover.... Think it’s an improvement?

D8463A82-7773-49F1-991F-AB8F17EF111C.jpeg

I will deffo agree with that! Looks the dogs dangly bits 👍

So, I just took apart my MWS hop adjuster unit again because it wasn't holding its position properly, and I've stupidly pinged the dial clicker across the garden. Does anyone have a spare one for sale? Eagle 6 are currently out of stock. 

EDIT

Just found it it a plant pot luckily, still need to know why it won't hold position though if anyone can help 

Gentlemen,

Can someone explain how you run the MWS on propane? Are any special mods needed to the mags or the MWS itself?

I did a quick chrono using Abbey Ultra on 0.2's and was getting between 330-336 (only did about 20 shots)...Will propane take the fps over 350 so not advisable?

Abbey also do Sniper and Vertex gas, so was wondering if any of these are recommended? I believe these high power gases have no lubricants so will this mean additional maintenance may be needed after each game?

thx

Just taken out the buffer spring and weight to check the buffer cap screw and add some blue LocTite to it and noticed the end cap that it holds on has a small locator hole on the underside.

This looks designed to take some of the stress off the end cap and spread it through the buffer tube stock rail part.

No pin or screw fitted (on my 2nd hand MWS) and the Eagle6 tear down video doesn't show it. Maybe a feature TM never used? Because on duster gas it wasn't an issue?

I have tried a few screws I have kicking about but nothing that fits. Maybe a future product for SixG Gunsmithing? 

20200921_175221.jpg

20200921_175325.jpg

22 hours ago, AlphaBear said:

Gentlemen,

Can someone explain how you run the MWS on propane? Are any special mods needed to the mags or the MWS itself?

I did a quick chrono using Abbey Ultra on 0.2's and was getting between 330-336 (only did about 20 shots)...Will propane take the fps over 350 so not advisable?

Abbey also do Sniper and Vertex gas, so was wondering if any of these are recommended? I believe these high power gases have no lubricants so will this mean additional maintenance may be needed after each game?

thx

Angry gun adjustable Nozzle or Npas or widebore barrel or shorter barrel (which is not the best option)or you have to wait until the winter brings the cold :,D

Maintenance ,depends on what type of oil or grease you prefer .

In my opinion:

- Teflon grease on the Piston Head

- Heavy Oil on the Trigger Unit

- Light Oil for Bolt,Buffer Tube

I hope it helps :)!

I was watching Bada Bing (yet again) and he says he exclusively runs propane (as does my BBQ). I suddenly thought ain't that a bit dangerous running around with propane filled mags? Then again all airsoft gases are similar I expect.. It's not as if you're gonna chuck a mag into a bonfire now are we?

So how many mags do people actually run around with? I have 5 in total now. Bagged 4 from FS this week... Is that enough? I accept the MWS mindset is a different playing style which will need adapting to so potentially mag bb and gas refills during a game (something which I'd normally do during a return to the safe zone)...

20 minutes ago, AlphaBear said:

I was watching Bada Bing (yet again) and he says he exclusively runs propane (as does my BBQ). I suddenly thought ain't that a bit dangerous running around with propane filled mags? Then again all airsoft gases are similar I expect.. It's not as if you're gonna chuck a mag into a bonfire now are we?

So how many mags do people actually run around with? I have 5 in total now. Bagged 4 from FS this week... Is that enough? I accept the MWS mindset is a different playing style which will need adapting to so potentially mag bb and gas refills during a game (something which I'd normally do during a return to the safe zone)...

Normal green gas is just propane with silicon added.....

I normally run 7.  6-8 is about right anymore than that and you have more money invested in the mags than in the blooming gun.