THE TM MWS thread

Wo1f

Might anyone be interested, I'm selling the last bit of spares and kit that were part of my old MWS. The Magpul stuff is all real. See the attached picture, I'd prefer to sell it as a package. PM for details :). And on a sidenote, I've also got a new GHK AKM for sale 😁

IMG_4606.jpg

Sorry if it's been troubleshot before but has anyone had their MWS trigger turn two-stage? It doesn't happen every time, but after the initial take up, if the trigger isn't pulled straight to the rear it almost slips a centimeter or two before reaching another wall. It doesn't happen consistently which is the main problem, as sometimes the trigger breaks normally and sometimes I get the false break and new wall which throws me off. Seems like a weak spring or a bad contact patch between something in the trigger box, any help would be appreciated before I open it up, cheers.

EDIT

Added a video to better demonstrate the problem; the first trigger pull is normal, then the second one I thought was going to be two-stage but almost slipped through with the full trigger pull, and the third stuck very firmly on the second stage.

Anyone have a good recommendation for a 13.5 inch m-lok Rail that fits the MWS?

Ideally one that’s in stock....

1 hour ago, JamesHD said:

Sorry if it's been troubleshot before but has anyone had their MWS trigger turn two-stage? It doesn't happen every time, but after the initial take up, if the trigger isn't pulled straight to the rear it almost slips a centimeter or two before reaching another wall. It doesn't happen consistently which is the main problem, as sometimes the trigger breaks normally and sometimes I get the false break and new wall which throws me off. Seems like a weak spring or a bad contact patch between something in the trigger box, any help would be appreciated before I open it up, cheers.

EDIT

Added a video to better demonstrate the problem; the first trigger pull is normal, then the second one I thought was going to be two-stage but almost slipped through with the full trigger pull, and the third stuck very firmly on the second stage.

Probably due to play and uneven / offset spring tension causing binding. It is a really weird trigger set up that has lots of places for friction and uneven loading

My fix for this was to strip and clean the trigger parts, note where they were burnished and sand them with fine grit wet&dry then rebuild with 0.1mm shims to remove as much play as possible while not causing it to bind. Takes a while to do but much smoother and consistent now.

One thing to check is that you are not getting a light strike...The valve knocker isn't moving with the first stage?

12 minutes ago, SSPKali said:

Probably due to play and uneven / offset spring tension causing binding. It is a really weird trigger set up that has lots of places for friction and uneven loading

My fix for this was to strip and clean the trigger parts, note where they were burnished and sand them with fine grit wet&dry then rebuild with 0.1mm shims to remove as much play as possible while not causing it to bind. Takes a while to do but much smoother and consistent now.

One thing to check is that you are not getting a light strike...The valve knocker isn't moving with the first stage?

Cheers for the reply, no the knocker doesn't protrude until the second "wall" and everything seems to work fine, honestly would be fine with it staying either single-stage or two-stage, the randomness is the annoying part. Bought the dynamic precision enhanced trigger box springs as spares for when something breaks - thinking now might be the time to try them if I'm taking the unit apart.

I need advice, please. i am aware that this question may be a repeat but the tech is changing constantly and I want the latest.

My oem nozzle got mashed up and I need a stronger after market part. what si the latest product that anyone has had good results with, please?

Thanks in advance!

20 hours ago, camden said:

I need advice, please. i am aware that this question may be a repeat but the tech is changing constantly and I want the latest.

My oem nozzle got mashed up and I need a stronger after market part. what si the latest product that anyone has had good results with, please?

Thanks in advance!

replace other oem nozzle.

Thanks, Marine.

I am surprised that the oem is the part to go for, though.

10 hours ago, Eenthuncob said:

Anyone know where the magazines are in stock cant seem to find any?

Don't fancy taking it out for the first time with 2 mags.

Take a full speedloader and small can of green gas out on the field with you 👍

1 hour ago, SSPKali said:

Take a full speedloader and small can of green gas out on the field with you 👍

I have thought of doing that but think it would be a pain after every fire fight. Will keep an eye out for some mags.

18 hours ago, Eenthuncob said:

Anyone know where the magazines are in stock cant seem to find any?

Fire Support still have a bunch of the P-Mag style (polymer) Iron Airsoft MWS mags in stock:

https://www.fire-support.co.uk/product/iron-airsoft-mws-block1-gbbr-black-magazine-39-rnds

About a tenner more than regular TM mags, but they look damn slick, hold a few more BBs and seem to work well - at least so far for me (I bought one just for looks and have been using it for plinking during lockdown; no problems at all).

Does anybody have any knowledge/experience with the L119A2 style rails? I’ve seen the angry gun version but on the fire support page it was on about turning bits on a lathe to make it fit...... has anybody purchased one or one similar? 

thank you! 

Edited by JSwan
Spelling mistakes!

16 hours ago, Uncle Pauly said:

Fire Support still have a bunch of the P-Mag style (polymer) Iron Airsoft MWS mags in stock:

https://www.fire-support.co.uk/product/iron-airsoft-mws-block1-gbbr-black-magazine-39-rnds

About a tenner more than regular TM mags, but they look damn slick, hold a few more BBs and seem to work well - at least so far for me (I bought one just for looks and have been using it for plinking during lockdown; no problems at all).

I'll keep my eye on those for reviews in the field as some few videos on YouTube ive seen dont show them in very good light.

I'll just take my elcheapo cyma with me in case.

Thought I’d post a pic of my latest MWS build. Going for more of a competition 3 gun vibe to complement my current Mk18 build (with additional mk12 upper).

Its still a work in progress, I need to source an m-loc angled fore grip and a more modern less angled pistol grip.

I also need a more modern looking site. Thinking of a vortex UH-1 but everywhere is out of stock at the moment as they are waiting for the gen 2 to come into stock.

A072E6BD-2768-4472-975D-EDF164A4842A.jpeg

Indeed it is as is all of HAO’s kits. The kit won’t improve you as a player or make you hit your target each and every time. But as all the youngsters say these days... it’s well sick. 

On 06/09/2020 at 18:36, LVOA-D said:

Might anyone be interested, I'm selling the last bit of spares and kit that were part of my old MWS. The Magpul stuff is all real. See the attached picture, I'd prefer to sell it as a package. PM for details :). And on a sidenote, I've also got a new GHK AKM for sale 😁

IMG_4606.jpg

I’d be interested in the Magpul stock and grip if you want to sell them separately