THE TM MWS thread

Wo1f

32 minutes ago, Davegolf said:

Wonder where that came from!?

Shouldnt be difficult to get a genuine buffer.

Whats the game plan?

Looks familiar, doesn't it 🤣

Probably 7 inch barrel & m lok handguard combo, PDW type stock, suppressor to cover the remaining inner barrel and a Magpul MVG. Might change the pistol grip too. Basically, the opposite of a normal MTR!

All still up in the air for now though!

1 hour ago, BigBlackGlock said:

Looks familiar, doesn't it 🤣

Probably 7 inch barrel & m lok handguard combo, PDW type stock, suppressor to cover the remaining inner barrel and a Magpul MVG. Might change the pistol grip too. Basically, the opposite of a normal MTR!

All still up in the air for now though!

Fit it with a full HERA real steel kit

Alright Gents!

just got my MWS a couple days ago and proceeded to install the magpul BAD lever. Was told by Kakasi on IG that it would work with no modification. It did not. Im assuming that as was stated waaay earlier in this thread that the lever is too heavy for the magazine spring to push up. What was done was to wrap some tape under the bolt catch. I took it a step further and super glued some material under it. Its about two credit cards thick of material for those about to ask how thick it should be. The bolt catch now works 110% of the time. Attached are pics for those wishing to install the BAD lever. Youre welcome 

156085CA-B066-4393-8566-55C8EFDD328E.jpeg

39829D31-BD66-4C83-BB97-50B34A863AC8.jpeg

On 07/08/2020 at 17:19, BigBlackGlock said:

Same! Kinda...

And so the build begins! Must decide on what to do. Need to replace the buffer tube also, bit of a weird one as it doesn't screw in more than 3 revolutions. Not even sure if it is a TM tube

Wanted to use the MTR as a base for a while now

20200807_172144.jpg

Proper cqb length!😂😂😀

Can someone please clarify would the attached valve removal tool work with Tm m4a1 mags - Steep at £21 posted - if anyone knows where I could find a compatible one cheaper it would be appreciated!

00A03F8F-B93B-4A18-BFD6-A56FDF9E234A.png

8 hours ago, Noddy45 said:

Can someone please clarify would the attached valve removal tool work with Tm m4a1 mags - Steep at £21 posted - if anyone knows where I could find a compatible one cheaper it would be appreciated!

00A03F8F-B93B-4A18-BFD6-A56FDF9E234A.png

I have similar , brand it´s element and works fine.

On 10/08/2020 at 00:29, Modallthethings said:

Alright Gents!

just got my MWS a couple days ago and proceeded to install the magpul BAD lever. Was told by Kakasi on IG that it would work with no modification. It did not. Im assuming that as was stated waaay earlier in this thread that the lever is too heavy for the magazine spring to push up. What was done was to wrap some tape under the bolt catch. I took it a step further and super glued some material under it. Its about two credit cards thick of material for those about to ask how thick it should be. The bolt catch now works 110% of the time. Attached are pics for those wishing to install the BAD lever. Youre welcome 

156085CA-B066-4393-8566-55C8EFDD328E.jpeg

39829D31-BD66-4C83-BB97-50B34A863AC8.jpeg

Yep, same for me, I installed it, it failed to lock back, I wound out the buffer tube two rotations and it worked.  My problem with it, as much as I loved it was that it failed to allow the ping-pong paddle to come out enough from the lower receiver which prevented the zet plate to come up enough to lock forward and although it worked perfectly I was noticing additional metal fragments appearing in the lower receiver.

To remedy this I tried to bend out the b a d lever culminating in me cracking the anodising like a f'ing mong and getting v upset with myself for flushing £35 down the crapper.

Well I was warned.

I reckon though if you have mad metal work skills this could be made to work, unfortunately I've been dropped in too many times on my head and I couldn't.

Good luck.

2 hours ago, Wild Weasel said:

Yep, same for me, I installed it, it failed to lock back, I wound out the buffer tube two rotations and it worked.  My problem with it, as much as I loved it was that it failed to allow the ping-pong paddle to come out enough from the lower receiver which prevented the zet plate to come up enough to lock forward and although it worked perfectly I was noticing additional metal fragments appearing in the lower receiver.

To remedy this I tried to bend out the b a d lever culminating in me cracking the anodising like a f'ing mong and getting v upset with myself for flushing £35 down the crapper.

Well I was warned.

I reckon though if you have mad metal work skills this could be made to work, unfortunately I've been dropped in too many times on my head and I couldn't.

Good luck.

This is why I'd rather use the MTR 16 as the base for an ambi build. Everything else would get replaced though

Hey, just done some plinking and for what ever reason my MWS has become insanely inaccurate. Hop wise it’s hit or miss but most seem to have the same hop but the left/right is all over place 😞 

Rifle is like a month and half old now and stock inside

Running .28’s

4 hours ago, AngryDad223 said:

Hey, just done some plinking and for what ever reason my MWS has become insanely inaccurate. Hop wise it’s hit or miss but most seem to have the same hop but the left/right is all over place 😞 

Running .28’s

Hey bro , your problem has easy solution . Change nub .... a lot of stock MWS come with deformed . Put modify brown VSR and new nub ( for example tube BIC pen ) and enjoy

PD : best gram bb´s it´s 0.30 or 0.32

5 hours ago, AngryDad223 said:

Running .28’s

Are your BBs good quality, not deformed or degraded?

Are the barrel and bucking clean, free from lube / degreased?

9 hours ago, EvilMonkee said:

What was the consensus re the Iron Arisoft PMAGS?

Never tried them personally but a lad at our site runs one in his MTR and they are nowhere near as efficient as the standard ones. Look cool though. 

11 hours ago, EvilMonkee said:

What was the consensus re the Iron Arisoft PMAGS?

holy shit.

much better ace 1 arms

On 11/08/2020 at 21:23, marine said:

Hey bro , your problem has easy solution . Change nub .... a lot of stock MWS come with deformed . Put modify brown VSR and new nub ( for example tube BIC pen ) and enjoy

PD : best gram bb´s it´s 0.30 or 0.32

Thanks bud, 

just ordered a new bucking and nub 

here’s hoping it fixes it 🤘

Have put new barrel in my mws. It surprises me a little how hard it got to shoot.  Barrel 370mm 6.00mm + ML bucking  nothing else.   However, it was about 25 * C So that probably helped a little 😊  But stil..

tm joule.jpg

Be interested to see what the accuracy at range is like with a 6.00 barrel

Hi Everyone. Wow, what a great resource this is. Taken me a good while to read through all the pages but has been super helpful. Hopefully one day I'll be able to return the favour but just chipping in to say thanks to you all. Also Hi @Davegolf, I've dropped you an email about a sixG brass nub, also want to add on a couple of HSBs too if that's alright? Pic to break up the text wall 😁

IMG_20200816_190049.jpg

On 15/08/2020 at 12:57, Wo1f said:

Be interested to see what the accuracy at range is like with a 6.00 barrel

I have not done any major testing, I have just adjusted the hopup and aiming before the game.
  I shot after something like  35x35cm signs at 45m and 75m, they are on our shooting range. 45m hit almost constantly and 75m I think hit the 3 out of about 10 but all shots were very close, had it been a person I might have hit with them all, there was a little wind so a little hard to do a proper test.
During games I felt it shot just as well as my VSR 10 which is fully modified and and I have played with it as a sniper for 10 years. But it's just a feeling, I think it worked as exactly as you would expect at long distances, I at least got a lot of kills at long distances. .

Quick question...

I'm currently eyeing up the Z-Parts MK16 M-Lok 13.5 inch Rail, which I think is the longer cousin of the one shown below (if not, it's very similar to it).

It's advertised as being designed specifically for the TM MWS GBBR and comes with its own barrel nut. I assume that means it's an easy fit right out of the box? I.e. no fettling and f****** around required? Or am I being overly optimistic as usual? 🙄

On 25/07/2020 at 17:45, ArcticWarfighter said:

spacer.png

Finally got the chance to run the full length stock MTR upper at UCAP green ops on sunday. On R144 and .25s colour me impressed.

Had a really good day and made some very surprising shots considering the stock internal set up.

Now to acquire a longer inner barrel and sort out a little more range and consistancy.....