THE TM MWS thread

Wo1f

2 hours ago, SSPKali said:

Right, grab a cuppa as this is a long one with charts and graphs!

So, having found that my current MWS set up was less than consistent on FPS I decided to play about with the parts I had to find the best (ie most consistent) set up available. 

Quick Notes: 

RA Black NPAS - Lose fit in TM nozzle, very lose fit in Angry Gun nozzle (probable source of inconsistency) Requires safety-pin to stop it rotating while using special tool to wind in or out. Hard to see in nozzle when adjusting.

Angry Gun adjustable valve - Good fit in Angry Gun nozzle, was too large to fit in TM nozzle. Had a drop of superglue added to rear of grub screw to prevent it unscrewing and flying out the barrel! It was a good tight fit in the screw threads so unlikely. Easy to adjust with allen key, nozzle marked "+ more / - less" on the nozzle to aid adjustment

RA Silver NPAS - Had been sanded around circumference to fit smoothly in TM nozzle, was a bit lose in Angry Gun. Easier to see when adjusting it, again it requires safety-pin to stop it rotating while using special tool to wind in or out.

Things I did not change:

• Nuprol Green Gas / v2 MWS magazine, unmodified / 0.28g G&G BBs.
  • Modify Tan Bucking / Laylax hop arm / Crazy Jet 250mm barrel.
  • G&P highspeed buffer / SixG HSB / std recoil spring.
  • Xcoretech X3200 Chrono
  • The weather, sunny 22deg C. All tests conducted out of direct sunlight
  • Dynamic Precision green nozzle cup (moved between test setups)

Magazine given a 10s charge, left for 30mins. Given a 4s top-up and left for 5mins between tests

What I changed:

Initially I used the Dynamic Precision lightweight bolt for tests #1 and #2

• Test 1: Angry Gun Nozzle and valve, Dynamic Precision nozzle spring. (GREY plot)

• Test 2: TM stock nozzle, RA Silver NPAS, Dynamic Precision nozzle spring. (ORANGE plot)

• Test 3: TM Stock bolt with RA Silver NPAS, Dynamic Precision nozzle spring. (RED plot)

• Test 4: Dynamic Precision bolt, Angry Gun nozzle, Dynamic Precision nozzle spring, RA Black NPAS (this was conducted a couple of days ago, and kicked off the investigation, otherwise all the same) (BLACK plot)

Results:

Have a look at the two charts, both have the same data, but the scatter graph has the best-fit line added to aid in looking for the most consistent set up.

The setup #3 was the most consistent, but changing to the DP bolt(#2) gave almost the same consistency but slightly higher FPS (maybe more gas efficient?) The one outlier at 305fps spoilt it somewhat so maybe over 20-35rds it might be just as good as #3? 

The TM bolt, due to the extra weight, gave more recoil, but probably at the expense of gas efficiency. I feel this is an acceptable trade-off as the action was still pretty snappy (thanks in part to the SixG HSB) and full auto was still fast enough. The DP lightweight piston probably saves a little gas and can eke out a few more rounds from a magazine but it will likely be marginal and at the expense of recoil felt (if you want low recoil and high RPS....get an AEG!)

Conclusions:

The TM Nozzle with the modified RA Silver NPAS seems to be the most consistent, it is likely that the bolt (TM or DP) has little bearing on the outcome in terms of FPS consistency. Recoil and gas efficiency is where these make a difference.

The TM Nozzle with the RA Black NPAS (built for the MWS system) is a loser fit and will likely have a wider variance, but not as bad as the larger internal-bore Angry Gun nozzle! (I would guess it would be around the 17-19fps spread...maybe one day I'll check!)

So, if you use Angry Gun parts...use the whole thing and don't change out valves/NPAS. Or better yet, if other experiences are to go by, just stick to TM!

If you are sticking with TM nozzles try the RA Tech Silver NPAS and spend 5mins with some fine wet&dry carefully sanding the external diameter until it drops in and moves freely. If you can find a Black on that is a suitable alternative...oh and in both cases carry a safety pin in your tool box to adjust it :) 

MWS bolt chart.png

MWS bolt average fit.png

Good effort, cheers.

I'm running TM bolt, ag nozzle and return spring/ black npas.

MWS for sale on here!

(Not mine)

I got only a 30fps increase on a stock setup, ex 6.01mm x 373mm. On propane. On duster gas no increase. 245fps regardless of barrel

Hey guys,

Long time lurker, first time fucker-upper.

I've managed to mangle my MTR-16 and was looking for one of you experts to appraise it, and probably mock me. Which is totally deserved.

Let me know what this might be worth, if anything.

5 minutes ago, Noddy45 said:

Can someone please advise me where the best price would be currently for the Tokyo Marui  M4A1 MWS - within UK and Europe,

Thanks!

Probably best to Google that one! Prices in the UK, when they have stock, all seem to be about the same.

4 minutes ago, SSPKali said:

Probably best to Google that one! Prices in the UK, when they have stock, all seem to be about the same.

Cheapest I could find was from a Spanish company - Airsoft Estartit for €527/£474 plus shipping - anyone have experience with this company

21 minutes ago, AlphaBear said:

Appreciate the link but for the sake of not much more I would rather buy new - Though I would change my mind for a reasonably priced GBB Vector

8 minutes ago, Noddy45 said:

Appreciate the link but for the sake of not much more I would rather buy new - Though I would change my mind for a reasonably priced GBB Vector

no such thing as a reasonably priced GBB Vector anymore, you wont find a nice one with mags for under £800 now

hello

just got a MWS cqbr, and have been searching through the topic on using propane. is it worth trying to mod the mags anymore seems like a lot of hit and miss on if it works or not and also it the mod might mess with my consistancy? 

and if it's not worth it should i go for nuprol(green/red/black) or abbey(144a, pred ultra)? not to worried about fps as i have a angrygun bolt with mpa, just looking for price to performance.

and if i should do the mag mods do i need to do both the internal tube cutting and oring mod?

PS: already have a AI adaptor for propane as i use it for pistol and my kwa mp7.

thanks for any help.

7 hours ago, rocketdogbert said:

no such thing as a reasonably priced GBB Vector anymore, you wont find a nice one with mags for under £800 now

I have seen a few on here along with your recent acquisition - they are really nice - for the right one £800 with mags is sort off ok - maybe - as the TM M4 gbb is approx £780 shipped to me with 6 mags and a nuprol case.

The issue I would have is knowledge - at the moment I wouldn’t know a wrong one.

Apologies for going off thread folks

On 05/08/2020 at 09:27, Reapur said:

Turned it into a short boi cqb monster.

Same! Kinda...

And so the build begins! Must decide on what to do. Need to replace the buffer tube also, bit of a weird one as it doesn't screw in more than 3 revolutions. Not even sure if it is a TM tube

Wanted to use the MTR as a base for a while now

20200807_172144.jpg