THE TM MWS thread

Wo1f

Anyone tried the TM pistol mag sized speed loader with MWS magazines?

I have the TM XL one and it works great but want a small one to carry in the field for those busy games 😁 I have tried my Nuprol one and only managed to spray BBs all over the floor.

Screenshot_20200628-105420_Chrome.jpg

Just received my SAA pmags. Impressive build and really good finish. Love the slightly less weight ( not much - around 60 g - but )  which somehow gives them a nimble feel. 

one thing though. Mine doesn’t exactly free fall out of the magwell during reloads like in the videos I have seen. Is there a need to slightly sand them somewhere? 

4 minutes ago, RMDavis said:

Finally a paid up member of the fine MWS club!

This beauty arrived today, and now the real fun begins, turning this CQBR into a URGI style 10.3" build!

20200629_184422.jpg

Its all shiny and soooo new! Just like that new car smell ;)

On a serious note, should I take the plunge too? All I hear is MWS these days... it's like the recoils are dying off and everyone is moving over to this platform....well the serious players are at least... Food for thought

Just installed the Laylax hop up chamber along with modify bucking. I am running into this weird issue where, the first bb that is chambered from a newly loaded mag always over hops to the sky, but all the following shots are straight and consistent. I am wondering if anyone else ran into this issue?

11 hours ago, Sy87 said:

Just installed the Laylax hop up chamber along with modify bucking. I am running into this weird issue where, the first bb that is chambered from a newly loaded mag always over hops to the sky, but all the following shots are straight and consistent. I am wondering if anyone else ran into this issue?

Got the same chamber and bucking as well as SixG Super Nub but don't have a problem like this at all.

On 29/06/2020 at 09:34, Hypokondrikern said:

Just received my SAA pmags. Impressive build and really good finish. Love the slightly less weight ( not much - around 60 g - but )  which somehow gives them a nimble feel. 

one thing though. Mine doesn’t exactly free fall out of the magwell during reloads like in the videos I have seen. Is there a need to slightly sand them somewhere? 

I sanded them lightly and they fall perfectly

On 30/06/2020 at 22:52, Sy87 said:

The arm hop up may be slightly blocked. But that it only happens in the first bbs is rare.

Managed to get down to some private land on the farm where I work and have a little play with the MWS yesterday. 

I'm blown away by the stock performance with 0.28's! Will eventually fit the brass nub and see what its like with heavier ammo soon.

However I have got a little issue with it...

The mag release with no mag inserted operates freely just like any other M4 rif I have used.

Weirdly though when a mag is inserted the locking tab/bar on the opposite side of the mag release button doesn't fully engage when a mag is inserted, you can get two shots off before the mag drops down and doesent engage.

You have to push it into the receiver to lock the mag in place, and its pretty stiff. Then to release the mag the button itself is also very stiff to press, would he very tricky to do in the middle of a game!

Any ideas?

Not sure where to start and I don't want to make anything worse!

It sounds like the tolerance on the mag release where it it holds the mag in as a bit too tight... as to whether you want to sand it down a little is up to you. although I can't be sure without seeing it in person.

3 hours ago, Crazy_Crystal said:

It sounds like the tolerance on the mag release where it it holds the mag in as a bit too tight... as to whether you want to sand it down a little is up to you. although I can't be sure without seeing it in person.

I think your right bud,

I had another little play on my lunch break today at work, and the mag will seat perfectly if you give it a bloody firm push when its inserted, and again it will release just fine when the mag is pulled slighy towards yourself when the release button is pressed.

I can only put it down to very tight tolerances, and even after a few mag changes today its already improved dramatically. 

I'm sure with time and a few games under its belt it will loosen up a little! 👍

1 hour ago, RMDavis said:

I'm sure with time and a few games under its belt it will loosen up a little! 👍

if it's loosened up a little already then you're almost certainly right. it sounds like they have tightened the tolerance without thinking about the thickness of the paint on the mag... it's probably just one of those things at least that means you should have very good consistency due to a solid gas seal.

Guest Airsoft J2

I wondered if anyone else had problems with the combination of the AG Super Recoil Buffer and the High Speed Bolt Carrier? When I use both together, the bolt doesn't hold back because the bolt can't move far enough towards the rear.

The normal bolt carrier is fine with the super recoil buffer but when I swap out to the high speed bolt carrier, it only locks back if I use the original plastic buffer.

At the moment, I've two set-ups - lots of recoil but lower FPS for CQB, or low recoil and higher FPS.

3 hours ago, Airsoft J2 said:

I wondered if anyone else had problems with the combination of the AG Super Recoil Buffer and the High Speed Bolt Carrier? When I use both together, the bolt doesn't hold back because the bolt can't move far enough towards the rear.

The normal bolt carrier is fine with the super recoil buffer but when I swap out to the high speed bolt carrier, it only locks back if I use the original plastic buffer.

At the moment, I've two set-ups - lots of recoil but lower FPS for CQB, or low recoil and higher FPS.

Try unwinding the buffer tube a turn or two. And a bit of heat shrink on the bolt stop latch.

17 hours ago, Airsoft J2 said:

Not the same problem but similar. Aluminium BCG and plastic buffer with the HSB. It’s extremely snappy and responsive but a sadness to see the bolt lock go away. 

But 

14 hours ago, Cipher-032 said:

Try unwinding the buffer tube a turn or two. And a bit of heat shrink on the bolt stop latch.

this gives me hope. What’s the heat shrink mod? I have seen it mentioned before but no detailed description. 

I’ll first try out the unwinding of the buffer tube and report back.

update:

unwinded the buffer tube one more full turn. Tried two at first which gave a positive result but one turn seems to do the job as well. Now then, how far back can you unwind the buffer tube without stability issues? 

image.jpg

Speaking of bolt carriers. What bolt do you guys recommend? I currently have a UAC aluminum bolt. Unfortunately, the bolt catch notch is not reinforced, I am worried it will eventually wear down and break.

FBE394D1-D378-4C09-AC20-079A459FBF10.jpeg

Hi guys,

Just a quick NPAS question. I am fitting an NPAS to the DMR MWS and after stripping the BCG and removing the stock valve, I dropped the RA-Tech NPAS in with its return spring in place. When I push it forwards with a screw driver (from the back of the valve) it gets stuck in the nozzle due to a tight fit. I removed it and measured the diameter with digital callipers.

The diameter of the original TM valve was 6.98mm however the NPAS measures at 7.30 so there lies the problem. It’s just too fat.

has anyone else seen this and do you have to sand it down to fit better? I worry about creating air leaks if I start sanding down the outside diameter!