THE TM MWS thread

Wo1f

On 11/06/2020 at 20:10, Hypokondrikern said:

That was a fast delivery! Where did you order it from? 

Anguishing to see how the part didn’t work as intended - I hope that you can return it. 

Shop have said I can return it, plus given me the name and number of their GBBR guy to speak to. Purchased from FireSupport who are awesome and who I will use again (and again, and again!)

Seems from the Facebook TM GBBR group this is a feature, not a bug. IE they all do this and people just accept it 🙄 Apparently the regular (non-marksman) sear is pretty good so may try that. The fit and finish on it is amazing, shame the double-bevel on the face gives this weird issue!

HOME FIX: If you are happy taking the trigger box apart look for areas inside the shell where the trigger bar is rubbing due to torsion of off-set spring tension. Gently sand the corresponding area on the trigger bar to reduce the friction. Bonus points for sourcing 0.1mm steel shims for the hammer, trigger and sear posts to prevent torsion friction 👍

EASIER TUNE: Under the "tail" of the semi auto sear (rear left of trigger box as you hold the lower reciever) place small squares of gaffer tape under this, stuck to the trigger box, to reduce the sear engagement with the hammer. Don't add too much and check that you can't accidentally trip it by cocking the gun then slapping it around like it owes you money 😁

You should end up with some nice smooth take up to a clearly defined wall then a shorter, crisp break. Total cost £0.03p.

33 minutes ago, Maligator said:

Didnt know there was a TM gbbr FB group, i need to go find that

It is the "TM NGRS and MWS group" or some such. Some good GBBR info on it and not populated by the usual FB airsoft cretins 🤪

• Supporters
On 11/06/2020 at 16:19, SSPKali said:

So, an update on the WIITECH Marksman sear for the MWS.

It fitted fine but made the trigger '2 stage' and meant the first part of the pull pushed the valve knocker 1/3 way forward! This even happened when the selector was set to SAFE!

Pulling the trigger after this lead to a light-strike on the magazine valve and failure to cycle.

If you simply snatched at the trigger it worked, but given the safety implications I immediately changed back to the stock TM sear.

I had the same problem with a UAC gold flat face trigger as well.

I fitted it and found that on full auto the gun worked fine and t he BCG always returned to battery correctly. But lets be honest, we don't use full auto (practicality) on a GBBR.

In semi i found that after every shot i had to push the UAC trigger fowards by about a millimetre for the gun to shoot again after each shot.

1 hour ago, Shizbazki said:

I had the same problem with a UAC gold flat face trigger as well.

I fitted it and found that on full auto the gun worked fine and t he BCG always returned to battery correctly. But lets be honest, we don't use full auto (practicality) on a GBBR.

In semi i found that after every shot i had to push the UAC trigger fowards by about a millimetre for the gun to shoot again after each shot.

It seems a lot of the after market triggers are slightly too wide for the trigger box and when there is spring tension on them they twist and jam in it, leading to not resetting. 

I need to strip the box again and measure up for some thin shims to keep everything as aligned and free moving as possible. Will be trial and error but I am pretty well practiced at rebuilding the trigger box by now!

On 01/06/2020 at 07:25, RMDavis said:

I just got an email from Rainbow8...

Looks like my mags will be going on a little cruise and will arrive in the UK via sea mail... 😂

I'd imagine that's going to take a month at a minimum!

Ah well, it is what it is!

My mws isn't going to get here for a couple of weeks anyway, and my MK16 rail is on back order with HAO so I'm in no rush. 

Ordered a SixG super nub from Dave yesterday also. 👍

Currently on page 50 of this thread on my laptop taking notes as I go! 

EDIT: decided to cancel my order with Rainbow8 after thinking on it... will just have to wait until UK suppliers get stock,  or Air mail is back in operation. 

Hi can you tell me how you ordered your sixG nub please cheers

22 minutes ago, buff69 said:

Hi can you tell me how you ordered your sixG nub please cheers

Drop him a line via the contact page: https://sixgunsmithing.com/contact/

8 minutes ago, buff69 said:

Hi thanks I’ve emailed him like 4 times but no reply, i just sent another email so fingers crossed. Are you using the modify tan bucking as well ? 

I know he has had issues with the email, he did get back to me about the High Speed Buffer (which is also awesome!) in the end and it was worth the wait.

My MWS came with the Laylax hop arm so no nub needed, and I have a Modify Tan bucking which seems to be pretty good but I have had a limited time to test it.

I know this has been covered before and I can't seem to find any definitive references to it but does anybody own a magpul B,A,D lever? 

Do you recommend one?

Is it rs magpul or a clone?

Did you have to faff about with hacksaws and files for hours to get it to fit?

Does the bolt still lock back reliably without unwinding the castle nut multiple turns?

sorry for rehashing this but I just couldn't find a definitive answer anywhere on Google or this forum and I fancy one.

Thanks troops...

23 minutes ago, SSPKali said:

I know he has had issues with the email, he did get back to me about the High Speed Buffer (which is also awesome!) in the end and it was worth the wait.

My MWS came with the Laylax hop arm so no nub needed, and I have a Modify Tan bucking which seems to be pretty good but I have had a limited time to test it.

Hi that was also on my list the laylax hop arm just don’t know which to get, i like the idea of the one piece design of the laylax but everyone raves on about the sixG nub. So you have the HSB as well, any good?

40 minutes ago, Wild Weasel said:

I know this has been covered before and I can't seem to find any definitive references to it but does anybody own a magpul B,A,D lever? 

Do you recommend one?

Is it rs magpul or a clone?

Did you have to faff about with hacksaws and files for hours to get it to fit?

Does the bolt still lock back reliably without unwinding the castle nut multiple turns?

sorry for rehashing this but I just couldn't find a definitive answer anywhere on Google or this forum and I fancy one.

Thanks troops...

I have a real one and it went on perfectly, no messing at all. Makes mag changes so much slicker and the obvious “i’m Now a proper operator feel”😬😉.  Never had any issues with bolt locking back etc. 

1 minute ago, Smiller said:

I have a real one and it went on perfectly, no messing at all. Makes mag changes so much slicker and the obvious “i’m Now a proper operator feel”😬😉.  Never had any issues with bolt locking back etc. 

Perfect magpul bad lever for me then, thanks.

On 30/05/2020 at 15:01, RMDavis said:

Soon to be a member of the fine MWS club!

Was fortunate to try one for the first time last summer at South Coast CQB and it left a lasting impression...

Sold my TM MP7 GBB to help fund the purchase, and now awaiting the arrival of an MWS CQBR (will stick some photos up when it arrives)

I have a very long shopping list but I know what I want to do with it!

Its staying all black, and will be the complete opposite of my battle worn TM MK18 NGRS.

Awaiting HAO Industries to get stock on their 9.3" MK16 m-lok rails and then go from there.

I really struggled finding any UK stock for MWS mags, and no suppliers I contacted had anything imminently arriving. 

So I've taken a risk and ordered 5 mags from Rainbow8, who I have used before but what with all the craziness going on who knows when they will arrive!

Right I'll shut up now, and continue reading this thread which is a gold mine of information! 👍

Picture of the MK18 (that will undoubtedly take a back seat as a back up now)

20200504_104649.jpg

Whoopsy daisy...... My bad bro. 😉😂😂

did a commission 3d print of an MWS outerbarrel/collar (for ultralight builds) and i really liked the concept, so i made one myself for my pdw build. also a new 3d buffer tube arm brace, and tanker style muzzle device. this thing has RECOIL!

aDuMpKd.jpg

The MWS is done, not spending another dime on it ©️!
IMG_5462.thumb.jpg.5d18ad8892c9ce72b00e2e7cf436cf75.jpg

Next to that I still have some bits and bobs from the MWS left, and some parts from my Block II FSP build, if anyone is interested, send me a pm, everything is going relatively cheap :)

IMG_5707.thumb.jpg.9a346d7f9e356377e90c277afbaa6589.jpgIMG_5708.thumb.jpg.55ba3f45f21b09b4d4f95d305ca168c8.jpg

Anyone help please with a resetting hop. Checked the lever and its placed correctly under hop arm and i have checked the hop wheel housing unit is tight and no wobble. It’s only recently happened and I‘ve never had the issue before. Using tm rubber with edgi and brass nub. 

Could it be simply the wheel clicker/ wheel has worn out and needs replacing? It still clicks when adjusting but after a few mags its reset back to zero.

Look forward to the help

Thanks

Could someone please put a set of calipers on their barrel before the flange that holds it in at the receiver end and give me the diameter please? It's for a shim to go inside the adapter ring on a Hao 9.3" urgi style handguard nut.

Cheers

Cancel that, machined down the back of the ring by holding it flat against the side of a bench grinder wheel and regularly testing against the removed barrel to make sure it did not overlap - removed 0.5 mm - barrel now solid and quick test shows possibly improved accuracy?

Edited by Wild Weasel
Update

Hi anyone using either Angry Gun or G&P Buffer tubes or is RS the way to go. G&P do a 5 position Buffer tube so is this just for CQB type MWS’s, would there be any problems using this instead of a 6 position Buffer tube? Cheers 

MWS is done.

Shimmed the trigger box. If anyone finds shimming a V2 gear box just too easy and not enough steps or repeated stripping and rebuilding I can recommend shimming a MWS trigger box 🤪

Some 4mm x 8mm 0.1mm and 6mm x12mm 0.1mm shims for the sear, trigger and hammer pivots. Top tip is don't shim the sears too much as that will stop the trigger resetting...I am still not sure why but there we go. Minimal binding and wind-up on the pull and a snappy reset. Only took 2hrs!

Fitted some BCM M-Lok rail covers to the Hao Mk16 rail and happy with the slim but grippy feel.

Now to wait for Strikeforce CQB or UCAP Vendetta to re open and give it an outing!20200622_200425.thumb.jpg.fa7e2be1b07c94853b728caf9b0cb7fd.jpg

On 22/06/2020 at 20:59, SSPKali said:

MWS is done.

Shimmed the trigger box. If anyone finds shimming a V2 gear box just too easy and not enough steps or repeated stripping and rebuilding I can recommend shimming a MWS trigger box 🤪

Some 4mm x 8mm 0.1mm and 6mm x12mm 0.1mm shims for the sear, trigger and hammer pivots. Top tip is don't shim the sears too much as that will stop the trigger resetting...I am still not sure why but there we go. Minimal binding and wind-up on the pull and a snappy reset. Only took 2hrs!

Fitted some BCM M-Lok rail covers to the Hao Mk16 rail and happy with the slim but grippy feel.

Now to wait for Strikeforce CQB or UCAP Vendetta to re open and give it an outing!20200622_200425.thumb.jpg.fa7e2be1b07c94853b728caf9b0cb7fd.jpg

Just ordered some of these rail covers for same rail because they are very cool.  How hard was it to get the rail over the barrel nut on yours? Mine took about 3-4 million pounds per square inch of pressure plus wiggling to get on our off probably due to using the wrong tool on the nut!

21 minutes ago, Wild Weasel said:

Just ordered some of these rail covers for same rail because they are very cool.  How hard was it to get the rail over the barrel nut on yours? Mine took about 3-4 million pounds per square inch of pressure plus wiggling to get on our off probably due to using the wrong tool on the nut!

Mine slid on fine with zero play, possibly the finest tollerences I have seen for a while! I added some good quality grease so I have a hope in hell of removing it at some point in the future.

You will love the rail covers, if you ordered from Brownells don't expect them to be with you before 2weeks after order, I think Customs / ParcelFarce are a bit busy!