THE TM MWS thread

Wo1f

On 20/04/2020 at 09:00, marine said:

IMG-20200416-WA0106.jpeg

There is the problem ,the valve button is shorter ... Have you tried with GreenGas mod or with the genuine mws valves?

Sorry if this has already been written about and I've just missed it but has anybody has their hopup wheel come unset when shooting? Currently mine undoes almost one click per shot, meaning my hop can go from fully engaged to fully off in less than a magazine. Anyone had this happen or know of a fix?

13 minutes ago, JamesHD said:

Sorry if this has already been written about and I've just missed it but has anybody has their hopup wheel come unset when shooting? Currently mine undoes almost one click per shot, meaning my hop can go from fully engaged to fully off in less than a magazine. Anyone had this happen or know of a fix?

Yea just last week. Take out your BCG and press on the hop up unit assembly with your finger if u feel any bit of movement, it has come loose. You’ll have to disassemble the barrel and tighten the retaining screw holding the hop up assembly in place. After you’ve done that there should be no more movement in the hop assembly and that should be you sorted 

1 hour ago, Horse84 said:

Yea just last week. Take out your BCG and press on the hop up unit assembly with your finger if u feel any bit of movement, it has come loose. You’ll have to disassemble the barrel and tighten the retaining screw holding the hop up assembly in place. After you’ve done that there should be no more movement in the hop assembly and that should be you sorted 

Ahh my bad, thanks for the answer though 👌

I guys, 

I know there are several upgrades we can do on a mws, but I want to give you this "challenge".

If you guys, could choose just one upgrade to do on your MWS, what would it be? 
I mean, what is the "must have" upgrade for you?

12 minutes ago, Laborda said:

I guys, 

I know there are several upgrades we can do on a mws, but I want to give you this "challenge".

If you guys, could choose just one upgrade to do on your MWS, what would it be? 
I mean, what is the "must have" upgrade for you?

SixG nub or Laylax hop arm - so you can lift heavy (0.30g+) BBs that get the best from the system.

SixG buffer spacer would be my next suggestion.

18 hours ago, SSPKali said:

SixG nub

This..... without a doubt!

Looks like G&P is releasing a drop in bolt carrier set for the MWS, and it comes with the roller attachement for either the stock or G&P buffer tube:

https://www.wgcshop.com/collections/new-arrivals/products/g-p-forged-aluminum-complete-bolt-carrier-group-set-for-marui-mws-m4-gbbr

https://www.wgcshop.com/collections/new-arrivals/products/g-p-mws-forged-aluminum-complete-bolt-carrier-group-set-for-g-p-buffer-tube

Also, someone testing a G&P 40 round magazine for the MWS

So far I've had no problems ordering from Asia really RMDavis, can't say I even noticed any delays. Ordered a few things from Angry Gun, ShooterCBGear, Samoon and J.K. Army, all arrived within about a week, mainly depending on customs. Not sure how UK customs fare compared to Dutch customs though so your experience may differ. Also, pre-welcome to the club!

On a sidenote, having just completed my Block II FSP I want to move forward to another project, thus selling some bits and bobs of my build, including a bunch of original MWS parts that I have replaced with Strike Industries parts (my Strike rifle being the only complete MWS I'm keeping at the moment). Figured I'd post here first as I'd prefer getting rid of everything in 1 go.

If you are interested in (preferably) the whole package or have questions regarding the parts, send me a message. The grip, stock, rail ladders and XTM kit are real Magpuls, the sights are PTS Griffin Armament replica's with offset and normal mounts, the rail is a Cerakoted Madbull rail. The charging handle, flashhider and suppressor are Angry Gun and the PEQ15 Green laser and the flashlight are Element.
For_sale.thumb.jpg.9a9e230665a9dcb8da38d736e5487165.jpg

10 hours ago, LVOA-D said:

I can feel the pressure rising, lot of weight on my shoulders...I'll probably get kicked off this forum if they don't deliver within a week 😅

I just got an email from Rainbow8...

Looks like my mags will be going on a little cruise and will arrive in the UK via sea mail... 😂

I'd imagine that's going to take a month at a minimum!

Ah well, it is what it is!

My mws isn't going to get here for a couple of weeks anyway, and my MK16 rail is on back order with HAO so I'm in no rush. 

Ordered a SixG super nub from Dave yesterday also. 👍

Currently on page 50 of this thread on my laptop taking notes as I go! 

EDIT: decided to cancel my order with Rainbow8 after thinking on it... will just have to wait until UK suppliers get stock,  or Air mail is back in operation. 

4 hours ago, Jacket said:

Firesupport have type 89 mags in stock

Cheers bud, I've seen those but although they physically work. They're not 'legit' which is important to me.

However if it's of any interest to anyone, I spoke to Camoraids and they have 50+ mags arriving in the next 3 weeks.

You can preorder to insure your allocated some from that stock. 

I promptly ordered 5! 👍

Hi guys, 

I am running into an issue where after prolonged use of my mws, I noticed that the nozzle head is slowly scrapping bits of the hop up rubber off at the runners ‘s entrance inner layer. I am using the tan modify bucking and I am wondering if anyone ran into the same issue as me?

7 hours ago, Sy87 said:

Hi guys, 

I am running into an issue where after prolonged use of my mws, I noticed that the nozzle head is slowly scrapping bits of the hop up rubber off at the runners ‘s entrance inner layer. I am using the tan modify bucking and I am wondering if anyone ran into the same issue as me?

I think that your problem can be spring nozzle or piston head nozzle . Modify tan is the better bucking for mws and 0 issues. 

The Modify Tan is great for sub 350 fps, but its improved performance comes at the cost of reduced lifespan - it performs better because it is made from a softer material.

They do also suffer from QC issues from time to time.

The standard TM bucking is in my eyes the best available.

Type 89 magazines in stock with FireSupport, although I guess no one is in a mad rush for mags at the moment!

Not sure what the difference between a MWS and Type89 mag is...I think it is just the finish and some slight cosmetic differences?

18 hours ago, SSPKali said:

Type 89 magazines in stock with FireSupport, although I guess no one is in a mad rush for mags at the moment!

Not sure what the difference between a MWS and Type89 mag is...I think it is just the finish and some slight cosmetic differences?

Hole marks in mag.

... and it has a little more slack , but 100% functionally

I'm intending on using propane with my MWS, and I've seen that the Coleman bottles seem to be pretty popular from Go Outdoors.

I just wanted to know what propane adaptors use or reccomend? There seems to be plenty of generic ones on ebay etc but I didn't want to waste my money on something poorly made!

1 hour ago, RMDavis said:

I'm intending on using propane with my MWS, and I've seen that the Coleman bottles seem to be pretty popular from Go Outdoors.

I just wanted to know what propane adaptors use or reccomend? There seems to be plenty of generic ones on ebay etc but I didn't want to waste my money on something poorly made!

Hi, I think most people would agree the Airsoft innovations polymer-nozzled adapter is the best - I bought mine from Firesupport.co.uk but I've just checked and found that they are out of stock though.

I believe they are up to version 5 which is a blue one over the older tan which folks have used for years without a problem but the main point to note is the polymer nozzles not the strengthened metal nozzle is best.