THE TM MWS thread

Wo1f

Hey guys,

So I have ordered a replacement nozzle to replace the broken one and thought I would take the opportunity of fitting an RA-Tech NPAS whilst it was all in bits. However, I cannot find anywhere in the UK that has them in stock. I have searched and searched. Anyone got one they want part with? Or anyone know were there is stock that I cannot find (I own an IT company so I have no excuses for crap searching!!)

Also I assume the WE one doesn't fit as there are loads of them around (Before anyone shoots me down, everytime I search for TM MWS NPAS I get lots of results for the WE and they rank above most of the MWS specific results so just wanting to verify they don't fit 😁)

2 hours ago, RobHedley said:

Hey guys,

So I have ordered a replacement nozzle to replace the broken one and thought I would take the opportunity of fitting an RA-Tech NPAS whilst it was all in bits. However, I cannot find anywhere in the UK that has them in stock. I have searched and searched. Anyone got one they want part with? Or anyone know were there is stock that I cannot find (I own an IT company so I have no excuses for crap searching!!)

Also I assume the WE one doesn't fit as there are loads of them around (Before anyone shoots me down, everytime I search for TM MWS NPAS I get lots of results for the WE and they rank above most of the MWS specific results so just wanting to verify they don't fit 😁)

The WE one will fit *if* you don't mind some work with wet&dry paper as the outer diameter is slightly bigger.

G&P also make adjustable valves, but they have a narrower range of adjustment (and not really adjustable on the fly)

That MWS is a long way from home! Hows it perform? Mag capacity vs gas capacity?

Genuinely though someone had posted in the wrong thread at first! 😂

7 hours ago, Davegolf said:

That MWS is a long way from home! Hows it perform? Mag capacity vs gas capacity?

Genuinely though someone had posted in the wrong thread at first! 😂

Its actually my beater mws lol. I have a fully stock one which is my baby. those are also just mock up photos. the kit does involve some modifications sadly... oh well. just finished transplanting the glock nozzle in the BCG. im missing the bolt catch right now and i dont want to fire too much without it. I test fired some shots making sure the follower doesnt pop up the catch lever. threw the bbs just as hard as an MWS mag. 

interestingly too, the adapter+magazine weigh less than a MWS magazine. Also, Im running a stock BCG so shot count should be up there. 

So, I have two golden Aluminium BCGs for my MWS that I was thinking of having reanodized in black. I hate the golden look but it comes at price. The anodizing process eats up a thousand of an inch material from the aluminum .. material that is lost forever. Would you advice against this considering how the air seal might be worsen? Or do you think the tolerances will remain just fine?

The existing anodising will need to be blasted or dipped and removed before the new coat can be applied.

The striping will REMOVE material

Anodising will ADD thickness.

The finished difference will be negligible and have no affect on function.

I would advise getting it HARD anodised, this is is thicker and tougher than normal, it is usually a dark grey colour which is very professional.

Anodising thickness is microns

24 minutes ago, Davegolf said:

The existing anodising will need to be blasted or dipped and removed before the new coat can be applied.

The striping will REMOVE material

Anodising will ADD thickness.

The finished difference will be negligible and have no affect on function.

I would advise getting it HARD anodised, this is is thicker and tougher than normal, it is usually a dark grey colour which is very professional.

Anodising thickness is microns

hey, thanks for the calming reply. I read around on forums and such but was only left with the conclusion that it eats material both when stripping and anodizing. anyway, I feel comfy enough for the makeover and I’ll ask for the hard anodized finish. 

thanks again! 

Would appreciate some guidance please as I’m stuck on a magazine issue.

the bb follower doesn’t want to sit right to the very top to engage the bolt lock. I have taken the whole mag apart and changed the follower, the bolt catch Mechanism, the bolt catch spring and the bb magazine spring but it still wont go to the very top. If you push down on it a few times it will engage the bolt lock catch but its really stiff as if there is some resistance rather than the normal springiness on the bolt lock latch at the back. Not sure what I’m doing wrong and would appreciate the guidance.

Thanks

7 hours ago, Smiller said:

Would appreciate some guidance please as I’m stuck on a magazine issue.

the bb follower doesn’t want to sit right to the very top to engage the bolt lock. I have taken the whole mag apart and changed the follower, the bolt catch Mechanism, the bolt catch spring and the bb magazine spring but it still wont go to the very top. If you push down on it a few times it will engage the bolt lock catch but its really stiff as if there is some resistance rather than the normal springiness on the bolt lock latch at the back. Not sure what I’m doing wrong and would appreciate the guidance.

Thanks

As you have eliminated all the other parts I would guess that there is some corrosion in the mag shell or the rear corner where the cut-off lever sits has been bent inwards a fraction, possibly due to being dropped.

Assemble each part separately and check it moves smoothly and if not find where it is sticking. Needle files and wet&dry paper will sort out any sticking points. The mags need stripping and cleaning, especially in dusty conditions, to avoid the precision parts like the cut off arm starting to stick.

On 17/05/2020 at 23:00, Hicks23 said:

Hi guys,

I should be getting my first MWS in the next few days. Does anyone have one of these charging handles that they aren’t using and willing to sell please? 

Send an email to ptssyndicate in the US, they have some of the Radian branded ones still in stock. You won't be able to place an order through their website directly because they only serve US continental customers, but they can invoice you by email. Their shipping to Europe was a bit expensive though, almost $20 iirc. AirsoftGI and Evike still have some of the AXTS branded ones. It's the same thing just with a different logo before AXTS became Radian. I ordered the AXTS branded handle from AirsoftGI today because they had the cheaper shipping option.

On 19/05/2020 at 13:51, Softcore said:

Send an email to ptssyndicate in the US, they have some of the Radian branded ones still in stock. You won't be able to place an order through their website directly because they only serve US continental customers, but they can invoice you by email. Their shipping to Europe was a bit expensive though, almost $20 iirc. AirsoftGI and Evike still have some of the AXTS branded ones. It's the same thing just with a different logo before AXTS became Radian. I ordered the AXTS branded handle from AirsoftGI today because they had the cheaper shipping option.

Thanks for the heads up, I’ll let you know how I get on 👍🏻

Has anyone replaced the original buffer tube?

Looking for some recommendations for the best metal buffer tube, multi positional, that will accept a real magpul MOE/CTR stock.

I've been advised elsewhere that I should pick up one of these: https://www.fire-support.co.uk/product/gp-marui-gbb-mws-roller-bolt-for-mws004-tube?fbclid=IwAR1-PjelhQ1OqMow7YvV7h6vBXpOUu-i7ZqSxwSRZ7ACisYAfKutzpHRsX0

to go with a real buffer tube or one of these: https://www.redwolfairsoft.com//redwolf/airsoft/Accessories_Grips_and_Stocks_GBB_G_P_6_Position_Buffer_Tube_for_Tokyo_Marui_M4A1_MWS_GBBR.htm

I am under the impression that, if I went for a real buffer tube, that I would have to rethread the receiver as although they have the same thread size and pitch as TM, the cut is different.

96239738_168261354562572_8138088033707622400_n.png?_nc_cat=103&_nc_sid=b96e70&_nc_ohc=MxmLgIYJX48AX9A5GzS&_nc_ht=scontent.fman2-1.fna&oh=a7ba728eafaf5ffc655a1d48ec8587db&oe=5EEDB9A9

Can anyone confirm if those 2 parts above are good or recommend alternatives? Can anyone also confirm if I would have to rethread the receiver if I pick up a real tube from Brownells?

Thanks in advance!

1 hour ago, hunter511 said:

Angry gun do a milspec buffer tube that doesnt require rethreading your reciever.....

Have you used it? What's it like?

I'm looking for something bulletproof, set it and forget it with a nice smooth action and good coatings.

Can anyone shed some light on the roller bolts that g&p have listed for the bolt carrier? There seems to be 2 different types. What’s the difference between the 2? And also are they worth getting?

4 hours ago, Horse84 said:

Can anyone shed some light on the roller bolts that g&p have listed for the bolt carrier? There seems to be 2 different types. What’s the difference between the 2? And also are they worth getting?

There is the one that fits the TM buffer tube and the other one (labled the MWS004 or something) that is ONLY for the G&P buffer tube (larger diameter than the stock TM one)

Not used one as I ordered the wrong one and Fire Support were out of stock by the time I had returned it.

In my experience angrygun kit is pretty solid.

I've been lucky with my mtr and not had bad stock wobble. That said don't forget there are 2 real specs of ar15 stocktube.... commercial and milspec as well as "eh close enough" airsoft clone specs.

https://www.fire-support.co.uk/product/angry-gun-mil-spec-cnc-6-position-buffer-tube-marui-mws-version

On 23/05/2020 at 02:59, Seven said:

Has anyone replaced the original buffer tube?

Looking for some recommendations for the best metal buffer tube, multi positional, that will accept a real magpul MOE/CTR stock.

I've been advised elsewhere that I should pick up one of these: https://www.fire-support.co.uk/product/gp-marui-gbb-mws-roller-bolt-for-mws004-tube?fbclid=IwAR1-PjelhQ1OqMow7YvV7h6vBXpOUu-i7ZqSxwSRZ7ACisYAfKutzpHRsX0

to go with a real buffer tube or one of these: https://www.redwolfairsoft.com//redwolf/airsoft/Accessories_Grips_and_Stocks_GBB_G_P_6_Position_Buffer_Tube_for_Tokyo_Marui_M4A1_MWS_GBBR.htm

I am under the impression that, if I went for a real buffer tube, that I would have to rethread the receiver as although they have the same thread size and pitch as TM, the cut is different.

96239738_168261354562572_8138088033707622400_n.png?_nc_cat=103&_nc_sid=b96e70&_nc_ohc=MxmLgIYJX48AX9A5GzS&_nc_ht=scontent.fman2-1.fna&oh=a7ba728eafaf5ffc655a1d48ec8587db&oe=5EEDB9A9

Can anyone confirm if those 2 parts above are good or recommend alternatives? Can anyone also confirm if I would have to rethread the receiver if I pick up a real tube from Brownells?

Thanks in advance!

As said, if you want to use a real buffertube you will have to rethread. I did it myself a few weeks ago to fit my real steel Strike Industries buffertube. Because the threading is so close to real steel the rethreading took about 2 minutes with the right tool. Added bonus is that non-real steel buffer tubes still fit aswell.

On my old MWS I had the Angry Gun milspec buffertube however. Not had at any problems with it, nice finish and all, nothing bad to say about it but compared to the Strike Industries buffertube the finishing wasn't AS good although that may differ per buffertube. The other tubes you link I have had no experience with by the way :).