THE TM MWS thread

Wo1f

16 minutes ago, Smiller said:

Hey fellow MWS warriors, I’m in need of some assistance please:

my stock trigger isn’t resetting itself anymore and i have to push it forward slightly to enable it to reset, this doesn’t happen on every shot but not far off.

i’ve recently upgraded to the AG lightweight bolt with nozzle ( I’ve changed the NPAS To my RA tech and buffer piston to the standard TM) I’ve also upgrade the buffer to the g&p and used 2x of the steel weights. 

I’ve checked the trigger box and there doesn’t seem to be any broken bb’s etc and given it a squirt of oil. 

Could the issue be with the upgraded parts causing the trigger not to reset or is it something else please?

Looking forward to the help 

thanks 

Ive had this from a BB strike/malfunction. Found a ton of debris in the my trigger unit for some reason.

I *personally* use a spray lube for my trigger box. Nice and thin oil, and use a stronger trigger spring set as well to help the reset.

Also polishing the trigger box and the sides of the trigger itself will aid in reset.

I get the odd hang up but rather rare. Another squirt of silicone spray and im good to go.

20 minutes ago, Wild Weasel said:

I believe the general consensus is it is caused by dirty "non dry lube" causing parts to stick.  If you have a look at wolf's guide to cleaning in the first couple of pages you'll see he uses wurth dry lube and carburettor cleaner to dissolve all the crap and flush out through the trigger, allow it to dry and re lube, I've been using this method from day one and haven't had a problem - give that a go before riving out the box perhaps?

Thanks fella. Will give it a go. 

Hi guys,

I am wondering if anyone has run into issues where after tightening the barrel nut, the hop arm arm doesn’t move as freely. I am running into this issue where after dialing hop up all the way down, there is still hop shown in the barrel. Only if I press down on the hop with a barrel rod, does it reset. 
If anyone has this issue , how were they resolved?

i am currently using a centurion arms mlok rail with a pts barrel spacer.

Thank you kindly  

When tightening the barrel nut you need to make sure that the hop lever stays centralised in the the reciever groove.

Yours is probably rubbing on one side 

6 hours ago, Sy87 said:

Hi guys,

I am wondering if anyone has run into issues where after tightening the barrel nut, the hop arm arm doesn’t move as freely. I am running into this issue where after dialing hop up all the way down, there is still hop shown in the barrel. Only if I press down on the hop with a barrel rod, does it reset. 
If anyone has this issue , how were they resolved?

i am currently using a centurion arms mlok rail with a pts barrel spacer.

Thank you kindly  

Most likely (99%) you put the lever arm in the wrong spot. I did that the first time.

10 hours ago, Davegolf said:

When tightening the barrel nut you need to make sure that the hop lever stays centralised in the the reciever groove.

Yours is probably rubbing on one side 

I tried my best to align it this time and checked the arm for freedom of movement as I tightened the nut. Seems to be free to move right now, fingers crossed it won’t tighten again once many rounds are fired through it 

Standard hop with the brass nub seems to be the consensus choice. Having tried a few I haven’t had anything that performs better.

17 minutes ago, Cyberlawyer said:

Standard hop with the brass nub seems to be the consensus choice. Having tried a few I haven’t had anything that performs better.

I have contacted him, but they are not responding :( i really want to get my hands on one of those brass nubs

45 minutes ago, The_Mixed_One said:

I have contacted him, but they are not responding :( i really want to get my hands on one of those brass nubs

Just give him time, it's totally worth it. 😁

So guy I got a few new parts for my bday. 

A magpul B.A.D lever and enhanced trigger guard.

It was very time consuming getting these real steel parts to fit and work as they should. But totally worth it. 😁

I also got a pdi raven barrel, now I know that people like them I've had a 7" in my hicapa for years but I must say this one is poor at best the bore quality is shocking and I would recommend staying away from them.

Also I some how snapped my disconnector and got it jammed in the Sears so had to strip the trigger down and remove it. Turns out that my rifle will operate with it broken just doesn't engage the full auto sear so it's locked to semi...

Just a quick little update on my build.

Hope your all doing well and staying safe. 🤟

If you are super impatient then this is a reasonable interim stand in for a couple of quid. The brass one is better though so I’d still swap it out eventually.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Airsoft-Pro-Stability-H-Nub-Softair/dp/B07SQFBK66/ref=mp_s_a_1_3?dchild=1&keywords=hop+nub&qid=1589243676&sr=8-3

Hi guys, 

I am running into an issue where my mws mags aren’t charging properly with propane bottles using Airsoft innovation adaptor. Basically, the flow of gas stops quite quickly and the magazine can not fire many rounds. Yet, the same mag can be filled with my green gas bottle no problem. Gas flow is constant, and with a full charge I can shoot about 3 and half mag. I am wondering if anyone else ran into this issue?

7 hours ago, Whisky1 said:

Just give him time, it's totally worth it. 😁

So guy I got a few new parts for my bday. 

A magpul B.A.D lever and enhanced trigger guard.

It was very time consuming getting these real steel parts to fit and work as they should. But totally worth it. 😁

I also got a pdi raven barrel, now I know that people like them I've had a 7" in my hicapa for years but I must say this one is poor at best the bore quality is shocking and I would recommend staying away from them.

Also I some how snapped my disconnector and got it jammed in the Sears so had to strip the trigger down and remove it. Turns out that my rifle will operate with it broken just doesn't engage the full auto sear so it's locked to semi...

Just a quick little update on my build.

Hope your all doing well and staying safe. 🤟

He answered and i will get my super nub :D already got a new modify tan at home 👌🏽

3 hours ago, Sy87 said:

Hi guys, 

I am running into an issue where my mws mags aren’t charging properly with propane bottles using Airsoft innovation adaptor. Basically, the flow of gas stops quite quickly and the magazine can not fire many rounds. Yet, the same mag can be filled with my green gas bottle no problem. Gas flow is constant, and with a full charge I can shoot about 3 and half mag. I am wondering if anyone else ran into this issue?

AI and Madbull propane adaptors failed to work on my MWS mags (with or without the silent fill mod) so I gave up. Now I look out for deals on Abbey gas and stock up on that :)

SixG responded to me about the buffer spring spacer, think there were issues with the mail system

5 hours ago, SSPKali said:

AI and Madbull propane adaptors failed to work on my MWS mags (with or without the silent fill mod) so I gave up. Now I look out for deals on Abbey gas and stock up on that :)

SixG responded to me about the buffer spring spacer, think there were issues with the mail system

Aww sucks to hear about the adaptors. I used this adaptor in the past and it works but now it doesn’t, guess I have to use green gas only for this gun lol... kinda expensive compared to propane 😭

Excited to get this in my MWS, shame it will be totally invisible! Great to see constant improvements being made 👍

Screenshot_20200513-142030_Chrome.jpg

On 11/05/2020 at 23:14, The_Mixed_One said:

Can somebody recomend and new hop up? Should i go for the laylax hop up arm or the angry gun hop up house with the solid hop up arm? Or should i go for something different? 

The Laylax hop unit is very very nice due to the way the nub can only move up and down.
Shoots lasers in mine with an Autobot 50.

IMG_20200514_100900.thumb.jpg.6297a7377d6fe9145a061ad599579ad0.jpg

On 12/05/2020 at 17:09, Sy87 said:

Aww sucks to hear about the adaptors. I used this adaptor in the past and it works but now it doesn’t, guess I have to use green gas only for this gun lol... kinda expensive compared to propane 😭

Yep, I feel you, i'd got to the point where I was about to sack it too.  I had tried two different a.i. adapters, two madbull copies etc and in the end it was the bottle, I solved it by buying either the Coleman type or rothenberger plumbers propane - I was still fairly fed up as i'd bought a refill kit and a refillable Coleman type bottle along with £40 of calor's finest.  But once I'd binned that notion off she runs like a champ now.

I hope this is not teaching you to suck eggs but when you fill have you tried pressing that little bit harder and only fill in 1-2 second stab's. I do about 10-15 stab's per mag and if you weigh your mag before and after using a cheap eBay scale you can confirm it's filled right, for example mine weigh 473 grams gassed up with no bb's and green gas modded and 499 grams gassed,bombed up and magpul fitted. If you do that before a skirmish you know you can get away with one or two 'dodgy' fills and that you have 35 rounds on board i.e no guess work.

Hope this doesn't sound too daft but it's how I got it to work well for me.

20 hours ago, SSPKali said:

Excited to get this in my MWS, shame it will be totally invisible! Great to see constant improvements being made 👍

Screenshot_20200513-142030_Chrome.jpg

what is it ?

1 hour ago, marine said:

what is it ?

It goes behind the buffer spring at the back of the buffer tube and creates extra spring tension for quicker semi auto shots, all while not eliminating any travel of the working parts themselves. The buffer can still pass through it. 

This newer design is said to further improve the plastic buffers longevity. I have been very fortunate and one is being sent to me courtesy of Dave from SixG.  I received the previous version makes it a little more snappier, it was no slouch to begin with lol!  

2 hours ago, Bada Bing said:

It goes behind the buffer spring at the back of the buffer tube and creates extra spring tension for quicker semi auto shots, all while not eliminating any travel of the working parts themselves. The buffer can still pass through it. 

This newer design is said to further improve the plastic buffers longevity. I have been very fortunate and one is being sent to me courtesy of Dave from SixG.  I received the previous version makes it a little more snappier, it was no slouch to begin with lol!  

ok thanks ! 

Hey guys,

The piston, more specifically the nozzle on the piston, seems to have taken a hit (possible double feed) and dented the front edge of the nozzle just enough to cause it to occasionally not seat properly. Looking to replace it. Is it best to stick with an oem TM part or is there an equivalent alternative? Looking to fit an NPAS at the same time as this is on my DMR.

Thanks for the help in advance

20 hours ago, Bada Bing said:

Lovely! And the bolt lock gets its time to click into place? Or do we need to unscrew the buffer tube 2 cm? 😉

8 hours ago, RobHedley said:

Hey guys,

The piston, more specifically the nozzle on the piston, seems to have taken a hit (possible double feed) and dented the front edge of the nozzle just enough to cause it to occasionally not seat properly. Looking to replace it. Is it best to stick with an oem TM part or is there an equivalent alternative? Looking to fit an NPAS at the same time as this is on my DMR.

Thanks for the help in advance

I have had no problems with GunsModify and their nozzle. Their parts are fairly easy to come by and modest in price compared to others. Good luck!