THE TM MWS thread

Wo1f

Hi guys,

I'm about to buy a spare complete nozzle set from G&P for my mws as I heard that can be the weakest link in the system. Does anyone have experience with it? Something to be careful of or any alternatives? Any advice where to buy? Thanks in advance! :)

14 minutes ago, RoninHun said:

Hi guys,

I'm about to buy a spare complete nozzle set from G&P for my mws as I heard that can be the weakest link in the system. Does anyone have experience with it? Something to be careful of or any alternatives? Any advice where to buy? Thanks in advance! :)

I bought a set made by Gunsmodify from Red wolf airsoft. This set has served me well. P.S Redwolf has quite a lot of other parts as well which might be of interest. Otherwise go check out Rainbow8.com 

Did anyone try the lightweight bolt stop plates from Angry gun and Gunsmodify? 

I'm still using the stock nozzle spring, it broke at the end but I just made my own coil and it has served me very well, it's still going at 8000 shots.

I just bought an OEM complete bcg from impulse101. $65 plus shipping. imo the stock bcg has a good balance of efficiency, and recoil weight. the stock float valve can be modded for more fps quite easily too.

might be out of stock. I also bought a handful of feedlips from them too. 

http://impulse101.jp/en/488-m4-mws-parts

(Any clue where this goes?)

http://impulse101.jp/en/m4-mws-parts/tokyo-marui-spare-parts-m4-mws-mgg2-33-bolt-catch-cushion-4830

tokyo-marui-spare-parts-m4-mws-mgg2-33-bolt-catch-cushion.jpg

My Strike Industries build so far. Decided not to sell the real steel parts after all as I am working towards my license for real practicing with real firearms. So I decided to buy a new MWS to fit it all too. As soon as they are back in stock however I will be buying another MWS to make a Block II FSP build (the one I was going to do instead of this :)). So here it is, my "Strike Rifle", not finished yet but for the most part it is to my liking. Only upgrades I'm definitely going to do is get an SI Forward Assist, an SI buffertube and the SI Fang triggerguard and perhaps a set of real magpul pro mbus'.

IMG_5133.jpg

IMG_5138.jpg

22 hours ago, adas1223 said:

I just bought an OEM complete bcg from impulse101. $65 plus shipping. imo the stock bcg has a good balance of efficiency, and recoil weight. the stock float valve can be modded for more fps quite easily too.

might be out of stock. I also bought a handful of feedlips from them too. 

http://impulse101.jp/en/488-m4-mws-parts

(Any clue where this goes?)

http://impulse101.jp/en/m4-mws-parts/tokyo-marui-spare-parts-m4-mws-mgg2-33-bolt-catch-cushion-4830

tokyo-marui-spare-parts-m4-mws-mgg2-33-bolt-catch-cushion.jpg

This puppy goes on one of the sides of the trigger box from memory

5 hours ago, Cipher-032 said:

This puppy goes on one of the sides of the trigger box from memory

I pulled up the MWS pdf, and in the exploded trigger box view, it seems its the side of the bolt catch hook... I also reviewed the youtube trigger box reassembly, and he never mentions that buffer. I dont recall seeing that part on Impulse101 before either... 

Hello everyone, I’ve finally read the whole 115 pages! 

I used to do airsoft about for about 5 years total and stopped about 6 years ago due to getting my firearms licence and spending my free weekends taking part in practical rifle comps around the uk. 

im soon to buy a MWS and build it to be Identical to my competition rifle that’s in .22lr and use the MWS as a training tool for at home. 

thanks for all the advice so far and I’ll be sure to post lots of pics of the build. 

first question, any one got any good experience with Defcon Airsoft? 

thanks

Did you start reading at the beginning of isolation!? 😂

Have used Defcon before all good from my experience as 0.0001% of there sales prob haha.

Camoraids, Firesupport also good UK MWSers

Glad your not coming out skirmishing, prob a shit hot shot lol! 😉

I had ordered a Modify Tan bucking as a spare last week and today I had a look a the current 60deg Autobot installed...turns out I needed that spare sooner than expected!

Bit of faffing to strip down the whole front end of my MWS CQBR but not as bad as I thought, certainly much less swearing than reassembling an AEG!

I will give it a quick test tomorrow but I am limited to a 12m range at the moment 🙄 The old one at it's last outing at UCAP VENDETTA was picking off exposed knees and elbows at 40m+ so I can't wait to see what it does with a non-ripped bucking and clean barrel 😁

20200427_194921.jpg

41 minutes ago, Cipher-032 said:

@SSPKali What barrel are you using?

Maple Leaf crazy jet (came with the gun, bought it secondhand) Seems to be ok.

Any of you guys happen to have a lower receiver you want to part with at all? Experiments have begun... 

On 27/04/2020 at 17:31, Hicks23 said:

Hello everyone, I’ve finally read the whole 115 pages! 

I used to do airsoft about for about 5 years total and stopped about 6 years ago due to getting my firearms licence and spending my free weekends taking part in practical rifle comps around the uk. 

im soon to buy a MWS and build it to be Identical to my competition rifle that’s in .22lr and use the MWS as a training tool for at home. 

thanks for all the advice so far and I’ll be sure to post lots of pics of the build. 

first question, any one got any good experience with Defcon Airsoft? 

thanks

Fire support are suposed to be getting new stock soon. 

I didnt even realise they do practical shooting in the UK with real steel until recently. Didnt realise they do it with airsoft either until the last month. 

Id be interested in getting into practicsl shooting with real firearms but i dont like the long barreled pistols. 

Im after the MWS CQBR but cant get one yet thanks to the lockdown. The problem is having a defence in the law, most will pretty much only accept UKARA or BAC. 

10 hours ago, Hypnosis said:

Any of you guys happen to have a lower receiver you want to part with at all? Experiments have begun... 

I have one. bare bones lower with grip and screw. also trigger guard. blemished, as it has a hairline crack near a pin which doesnt effect any function. 

2 hours ago, Maligator said:

Fire support are suposed to be getting new stock soon. 

I didnt even realise they do practical shooting in the UK with real steel until recently. Didnt realise they do it with airsoft either until the last month. 

Id be interested in getting into practicsl shooting with real firearms but i dont like the long barreled pistols. 

Im after the MWS CQBR but cant get one yet thanks to the lockdown. The problem is having a defence in the law, most will pretty much only accept UKARA or BAC. 

not to worry, I’ve found one in stock and it should be delivered tomorrow. 

I used to have a LBP but now I concentrate solely on mini rifle which I really enjoy. 

practical airsoft wise action air is only with pistols. But once my rifle is up and running i might try my rifle at a action air comp just for fun/no score to see how it is.

***WANTED***

I'm interested to see if anyone can help me out please, I’m looking for a PTS AXTS raptor charging handle if anyone has one spare they would like to sell to me please?   

Hi, im just about to pull the trigger on a second hand MWS :D The problem is that it is missing it's mag release :/ Do i have to order a original mag release from asia or would a aeg mag release work? Maybe the g&p one? 

Hi, im just about to pull the trigger on a second hand MWS :D The problem is that it is missing it's mag release :/ Do i have to order a original mag release from asia or would a aeg mag release work? Maybe the g&p one? 

3 minutes ago, The_Mixed_One said:

Hi, im just about to pull the trigger on a second hand MWS :D The problem is that it is missing it's mag release 😕 Do i have to order a original mag release from asia or would a aeg mag release work? Maybe the g&p one? 

Hi, im just about to pull the trigger on a second hand MWS :D The problem is that it is missing it's mag release 😕 Do i have to order a original mag release from asia or would a aeg mag release work? Maybe the g&p one? 

It might, have you tried eagle6 or fire-support? Seems an odd thing to go missing lol

1 minute ago, The_Mixed_One said:

Yeah, he said that it was the threads that got screwed 😕 and yes but they are out of stock :(

so the whole thing is missing, or just damaged threads? Ridiculously easy to get it re-threaded