THE TM MWS thread

Wo1f

1 hour ago, Davegolf said:

oooh nothing much, you know propane adapter this, hop rubber that 🙃

You still got that CASV?

Sold it to my mate and regretted it immediately. He takes good care of it though. 

hi guys , someone buy PMAG Ace1arms ?

I bougth 3 PMAG´s and I feel that loss recoil and loss FPS . With 0.30 original mag 280FPS and pmag 260FPS.

¿?

1 hour ago, marine said:

I bougth 3 PMAG´s and I feel that loss recoil and loss FPS . With 0.30 original mag 280FPS and pmag 260FPS.

¿?

most likely they have different gas release valves. Maybe modify them to push more gas.

2 hours ago, jsmithski said:

most likely they have different gas release valves. Maybe modify them to push more gas.

Hi , PMAG install high flow valve . I think that problem is the sealing lip with nozzle.... leaking gas

2 minutes ago, jsmithski said:

is it the same as in original TM mags? Swap it and check if possible.

original not use high flow... not it´s the same

On 19/04/2020 at 16:45, marine said:

¿?

It could be worthwhile to read up on Bada Bing Pictures's facebook page. He had more or less the same problems - a lack of recoil and power. 

https://www.facebook.com/BadaBingPictures/

I have seen very few complaints about the magazines and find myself confident in a purchase. The loss in recoil seems like an acceptable trade off for the pmag style and comfy weight but one should probably do a slight filing to the top of the bolt tab to prevent jamming. But I'd like to hear more opinions. 

What do you guys think of these? 

40 round mags :0 

P.S is it time to compile a google doc FAQ and summary of earlier pages on the MWS topic? Something for the beginners but also to formulate a consensus. We had one but it got lost somewhere on page 80. Can we make it pinned somewhere? 

13 hours ago, marine said:

IMG-20200416-WA0106.jpeg

This is weird, hi flow valve gives you more gas not less so recoil and FPS should increase unless there’s a leak somewhere. Swap the valve and test. Is it still the same, worse or better?

Check between the original and new mag for differences.

The centre pin looks different in length.

Is the gas route rubber the same flowing internally?

And is it sealing to the nozzle properly - thinly put some silicone grease on the top surface of the gas route, insert and remove the mag - is there witness grease on the nozzle entry?

Is it being held high enough by the mag catch?

hi guys , I am doing a lot of test and I see that sealing gas route to nozzle it´s worst . 

On 20/04/2020 at 23:36, Davegolf said:

Check between the original and new mag for differences.

The centre pin looks different in length.

Is the gas route rubber the same flowing internally?

And is it sealing to the nozzle properly - thinly put some silicone grease on the top surface of the gas route, insert and remove the mag - is there witness grease on the nozzle entry?

Is it being held high enough by the mag catch?

@Davegolf both. gas route and high mag catch.

But If I up mag , up all struct and maybe have jam issues. therefore I think that is better up gas route.

On 22/04/2020 at 08:08, marine said:

hi guys , I am doing a lot of test and I see that sealing gas route to nozzle it´s worst . 

@Davegolf both. gas route and high mag catch.

But If I up mag , up all struct and maybe have jam issues. therefore I think that is better up gas route.

So mag sits too high and gas route / rubber lip is too high as well? 

I remember that badabing changed nothing but the empty magazine tab which means that  the protruding lip might be what causes the jam. Did you replace it with  standard magazine lip? 

15 hours ago, Hypokondrikern said:

So mag sits too high and gas route / rubber lip is too high as well? 

I remember that badabing changed nothing but the empty magazine tab but the protruding lip might be what causes the jam. Did you replace it with  standard magazine lip? 

I can only tell you that everything seems like a gas route sealing problem with the nozzle.

I talked already with badabing and he swap all valves and tab bolt lock with parts TM. I have used very little mag and I can´t say if mag has jam issues.

14 hours ago, marine said:

I can only tell you that everything seems like a gas route sealing problem with the nozzle.

I talked already with badabing and he swap all valves and tab bolt lock with parts TM. I have used very little mag and I can´t say if mag has jam issues.

I see, but I think he replaced the gas route lip with a standard TM as well. I recall seeing an image of it at least. Did you try this yourself? Could be that it is too tight or deformed. 

8 hours ago, Hypokondrikern said:

I see, but I think he replaced the gas route lip with a standard TM as well. I recall seeing an image of it at least. Did you try this yourself? Could be that it is too tight or deformed. 

The problem is the gas route.

If you have nozzle Stock , you need use gas route TM with shim lower gas route to higher and perfect fit.

If you have nozzle Angry gun , in my case MPA ... you can use both gas route , but you need shimm gas route too.

service ace 1 arms is very poor , one week waiting ask..... 

On 20/04/2020 at 16:28, Hypokondrikern said:

It could be worthwhile to read up on Bada Bing Pictures's facebook page. He had more or less the same problems - a lack of recoil and power. 

https://www.facebook.com/BadaBingPictures/

I have seen very few complaints about the magazines and find myself confident in a purchase. The loss in recoil seems like an acceptable trade off for the pmag style and comfy weight but one should probably do a slight filing to the top of the bolt tab to prevent jamming. But I'd like to hear more opinions. 

What do you guys think of these? 

40 round mags :0 

P.S is it time to compile a google doc FAQ and summary of earlier pages on the MWS topic? Something for the beginners but also to formulate a consensus. We had one but it got lost somewhere on page 80. Can we make it pinned somewhere? 

Here you are: https://docs.google.com/document/d/10RLbvPbq-HXDayhcAIPHgoSTcFIcd3Q5PKZc288_tL0/edit?ts=5e94858f

Would there be any interest in a modified AW WE box mag to fit the MWS? I’ve spoken to someone who has done it and isn’t interested in doing any more. I plan on making a couple of them for myself, wondering if it’s something anyone else would be interested in? It’d hold around 330 rounds. What would be people be prepared to pay? I should have mine built in the next few weeks all being well with post. 

Just now, lazer_actual said:

Would there be any interest in a modified AW WE box mag to fit the MWS? I’ve spoken to someone who has done it and isn’t interested in doing any more. I plan on making a couple of them for myself, wondering if it’s something anyone else would be interested in? It’d hold around 330 rounds. What would be people be prepared to pay? I should have mine built in the next few weeks all being well with post. 

😱😱😱

1 minute ago, lazer_actual said:

Have an engineer friend who wants to have a crack at them! I wondered if you’d pop up! Haha! Looking at tig welding them!

Why not, if you can make the weld gas tight, it’s a good idea