THE TM MWS thread

Wo1f

2 hours ago, SSPKali said:

Each offers a different range of powers. IIRC they each have 3 positions for the pin, but only a small over all range (rather than the NPAS style ones which go from 250 > 450fps!)

so each type has a different diameter for gas to flow into the valve 3.5, 4, 4.5 and 5mm and each also has an adjustment screw to allow more or less gas into the cylinder. The question is, and there is nothing on the G&P website, what values does each 1 cover?

Anyone seen a chart with say Model A with 134A at 20C ranges from 310 - 340 FPS?

The only other way to find out is to buy 1 and see what it provides and then possibly go buy another size based on the results from testing the first one and hoping you got it right.

So with the lockdown, I've been drilling alot. At first i found the mws trigger to be okay, but after a year of shooting I'm now ready for an upgrade. Does anyone have a review on any triggers? I like the look of the g&p adjustable but thats alot of cash for something that has very little information out about it.

My misses decided to record me on the sly so thought I'd share. 😂😂 

7 hours ago, mightyjebus said:

so each type has a different diameter for gas to flow into the valve 3.5, 4, 4.5 and 5mm and each also has an adjustment screw to allow more or less gas into the cylinder. The question is, and there is nothing on the G&P website, what values does each 1 cover?

Anyone seen a chart with say Model A with 134A at 20C ranges from 310 - 340 FPS?

The only other way to find out is to buy 1 and see what it provides and then possibly go buy another size based on the results from testing the first one and hoping you got it right.

I think that, somewhere in this epic thread, someone has posted info about one or two of them. Let me see if I can find out and post a link.

Page 20 has some info on the red one: 

10 hours ago, mightyjebus said:

There is some info. But you are talking about new model with screw, dont have any info about that (only that G&P write something about using it only withlow pressure gas - 144a)

Hi All - 2 questions:

Is the MTR16 internally an MWS? Aka aftermarket parts for the MWS are compatible 

Desperately after a Polymag (even a regular mag at this point), does anyone know much about TM's production and supply timelines?

1 minute ago, Kazuya991 said:

Hi All - 2 questions:

Is the MTR16 internally an MWS? Aka aftermarket parts for the MWS are compatible 

Desperately after a Polymag (even a regular mag at this point), does anyone know much about TM's production and supply timelines?

Yes, MTR is ambidextrous, TM don’t make P-Mags afaik

Modify x range, is it worth a go? I’’ve always used the modify tan with the Daves nub but found that they are just ripping too quickly. What degree is everyone using too? Using .32’s but could go heavier. 

Thanks in advance and hope your all keeping safe and fettling with those MWS’s 

Hi, just stick to a TM bucking, the only time you may notice a Modify is better is in low temps, the softer more silicone like rubber is more compliant and grippy than a TM.

This is the same reason why they dont last as long, especially with higher FPS / temps / gas pressure.

To tighten groupings;

A HSB spacer will tighten up FPS (and therefore shot accuracy) consistency.

Bucking clean and dry, all seals good, nozzle and nozzle spring healthy.

Mag gas exits in good condition.

All that will also alter FPS consistency.

To increase range and tighten groupings;

If you're nearing 330 FPS or more 0.36s will fly nicely.

Higher FPS with heavier ammo again.

Otherwise your looking at a higher quality barrel and Rhop

I really like the x range rubbers, but they do wear quite quickly, I've been running one for a few months and have another on order as I've noticed considerable wear.

20 hours ago, Smiller said:

Modify x range, is it worth a go? I’’ve always used the modify tan with the Daves nub but found that they are just ripping too quickly. What degree is everyone using too? Using .32’s but could go heavier. 

Thanks in advance and hope your all keeping safe and fettling with those MWS’s 

Cheers fella. I think as @Davegolf says stick with the tm. I might try bed the modify accurate in a little more and see if the burrs around the opening Come away ( i know I’m dreaming lol).

On 14/04/2020 at 03:52, Whisky1 said:

So with the lockdown, I've been drilling alot. At first i found the mws trigger to be okay, but after a year of shooting I'm now ready for an upgrade. Does anyone have a review on any triggers? I like the look of the g&p adjustable but thats alot of cash for something that has very little information out about it.

Have you seen this? If you can figure out what he’s done please be kind enough to share 😉

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=2&ved=2ahUKEwihp7D9mOvoAhVllFwKHYCeAVkQwqsBMAF6BAgKEAc&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3D6on9Cys31Dw&usg=AOvVaw0SxPaOO2KxS-QagBInOwRF

Oh yeh this is old, he's showing where he's filed part of the trigger mech for a less stiff / notchy pull and reset.

I made a very nice drop in replacement trigger bar that made the trigger lovely with a dream reset, but I couldn't make it cheaply enough yet for you guys. one day!

Be great to do a Happy Meal style 'tune your MWS' goody box eventually!

I need to get another personal MWS, it's just not right without one 🙈

36 minutes ago, Davegolf said:

Oh yeh this is old, he's showing where he's filed part of the trigger mech for a less stiff / notchy pull and reset.

I made a very nice drop in replacement trigger bar that made the trigger lovely with a dream reset, but I couldn't make it cheaply enough yet for you guys. one day!

Be great to do a Happy Meal style 'tune your MWS' goody box eventually!

I need to get another personal MWS, it's just not right without one 🙈

Come on fella, pull your finger out 😉, out of interest how much was the replacement trigger kit? Are you still offering your servicing on the MWS too fella?

Okay, so im totally new to airsoft, not done a single skirmish or used any airsoft rifles but ive finally made my mind up and decided even with all the extra expense and issues of a GBBR i want a TM M4. 

Im thinking CQBR but is there much difference in accuracy and range between the 10 inch and 14inch barrels? 

What do I need from the off to get me up and running, cant really afford to do any mods and going to have to start of with maybe only 2 or 3 mags until i can afford more. 

Issues of a GBBR!?!!

There is no difference in accuracy between the two, in actual fact the inner barrel is 250mm 10" on both variants.

Pick whichever floats your boat.

Food for thought later down the line; a 10" and a suppressor makes for a quiet gun.

All you need is;

Nuprol gas or propane and an adapter.

Some decent BBs, Devil blaster or Geoff's if your flush lol in 0.28g

A genuine TM speed loader, 2-3 mags is fine.

They are the best gun OOTB period.

On 14/04/2020 at 03:52, Whisky1 said:

What "plink" sounding metal targets do you have? And where can you get them? Online they're all so expensive for what is essentially a sheet of metal lol

10 hours ago, Kazuya991 said:

What "plink" sounding metal targets do you have? And where can you get them? Online they're all so expensive for what is essentially a sheet of metal lol

If you are after  cheap metal targets for shooting 'steel', I use a plasterers hawk from the range (the shop, not a range), along with pans sprayed white also from there to simulate torso/head sized targets fitted to 1 3/4" plastic waste pipe drilled and bolted on. These give a satisfying hit noise easily heard over distance and are dirt cheap.

On 08/04/2020 at 08:01, Davegolf said:

Have you stripped the valve?

it be crudded up or the O ring swollen / ripped / jammed

I found the problem, the refillable flame king bottle I bought that was going to save me a fortune does not work with A.I. or madbull fill adapters causing the mag to only fill a bit then leaking either side of the nozzle 😭😭😭

So unless I can make / find some sort of adapter that's best part of £100 down the crapper. Problem is the inside of the bottle valve, Coleman - chamfered, Flame king flat bottomed.

Looked at plumbers gas torch extension as a source of connecters to adapt it to Coleman - spec but hoses have no valve in the end of those!

Lathe operaters /welders anybody able to source a cga 600 male/female weld 'em/bolt them together for me to adapt my bottle valve please?

IMG_20200414_172539.jpg

i have the A.I. steel tip and polymer tip. the steel tip LEAKS. the polymer is silent. imagine that... i also have a brass tip which doesnt leak.. It might be that white gasket on the bottles, check out the inner diameter...

3 hours ago, adas1223 said:

i have the A.I. steel tip and polymer tip. the steel tip LEAKS. the polymer is silent. imagine that... i also have a brass tip which doesnt leak.. It might be that white gasket on the bottles, check out the inner diameter...

Cheers, yep, checked that, there's a gauge on the side of the nozzles for that.