THE TM MWS thread

Wo1f

Ladies and gents, if I was still in a class I get the feeling I'd be wearing the dunce cap.  I'm still struggling to fill my mags reliably from propane - They are all basically new, have been looked after, have been green gas modded, have two different types of propane adapter on the bottles (the madbull type, the Airsoft innovations polymer type and a brand new v5 blue AI adapter type from firesupport.  I have replaced two of the fill valves with laylax nineballs and yet I'm struggling to fill some of them.

The symptoms are as follows: starts to fill for a second then goes quiet, so I take the nozzle off, give it a shake and go again.  Nothing no gas/liquid transfer - nothing, so only after pressing way harder than I should it starts to fill a bit which gets me a few more rounds then gasses out again.  After a couple of times of this I can get it to fill using the madbull type nozzle as the ai nozzle vents the can if you press too hard.

I know this has been done to death on this forum but I'm really struggling and would appreciate the advice.

I don't think I should need to stab the crap out of the fill nozzles but find it the only way to get gas in so I must be doing something wrong. Like it said all my mags are looked after and never left un gassed... Help!

On 10/04/2020 at 17:54, Davegolf said:

You probably would get higher capacity again but at the detriment on FPS consistency, and when you can get that many shots from a #2 mag why bother messing about with it 🤷🏽‍♂️

Exactly, that is why I said it would obsolete the green gas mod.

3 hours ago, Wild Weasel said:

Ladies and gents, if I was still in a class I get the feeling I'd be wearing the dunce cap.  I'm still struggling to fill my mags reliably from propane - They are all basically new, have been looked after, have been green gas modded, have two different types of propane adapter on the bottles (the madbull type, the Airsoft innovations polymer type and a brand new v5 blue AI adapter type from firesupport.  I have replaced two of the fill valves with laylax nineballs and yet I'm struggling to fill some of them.

The symptoms are as follows: starts to fill for a second then goes quiet, so I take the nozzle off, give it a shake and go again.  Nothing no gas/liquid transfer - nothing, so only after pressing way harder than I should it starts to fill a bit which gets me a few more rounds then gasses out again.  After a couple of times of this I can get it to fill using the madbull type nozzle as the ai nozzle vents the can if you press too hard.

I know this has been done to death on this forum but I'm really struggling and would appreciate the advice.

I don't think I should need to stab the crap out of the fill nozzles but find it the only way to get gas in so I must be doing something wrong. Like it said all my mags are looked after and never left un gassed... Help!

to make sure you’re venting out air - press on the release valve when gassing them for about 5 seconds, then release and see if you can fill em.

9 minutes ago, jsmithski said:

to make sure you’re venting out air - press on the release valve when gassing them for about 5 seconds, then release and see if you can fill em.

Thanks, I'll try that.

Hello everyone,

This is one of my first post in here.

I've been reading the-tm-mws-thread for a while. Thank you for your contribution with your knowledge and modifications.

I purchased my MWS a couple of years ago. There is video from BadaBing that made me choose TM over GHK. I don't regret anything.

I run my MWS stock inside, but externally modified. Still work in progress, enjoying the process.

Here are some pictures. I got inspired by the youtuber roguesystem89, he has a video with same color combination.

Regards!

MWS Custom 1
MWS Custom 2MWS Custom 3

MWS Custom 4

Edited by therock3xr
typo

19 hours ago, jsmithski said:

Nope struggling to get a full mag out of any of the five, I don't know if it's my filling adapter or the fill valves. All mags hold gas and are on calor's finest.

I wonder if a complete strip and rebuild would do it?

I just can't understand how people can get a full mag out of a ten second squirt. I did not have this problem with my Kwa MP9!

18 minutes ago, Wild Weasel said:

Nope struggling to get a full mag out of any of the five, I don't know if it's my filling adapter or the fill valves. All mags hold gas and are on calor's finest.

I wonder if a complete strip and rebuild would do it?

I just can't understand how people can get a full mag out of a ten second squirt. I did not have this problem with my Kwa MP9!

This is the exact problem I have, only solution was silent fill o-rings but they have issues aswell so I swapped back. They take longer to fill and in my case made full auto / rapid semi auto unusable.

1 hour ago, Yukarin said:

This is the exact problem I have, only solution was silent fill o-rings but they have issues aswell so I swapped back. They take longer to fill and in my case made full auto / rapid semi auto unusable.

So what is the solution? Fill as best as you can, and just swap out for another mag if it gases out mid game? That will get annoying with only 5 mags.

It's a cracking sustem, well built, very accurate and great when it's going right but I'm struggling to make it useable - I just cannot seem to be able to gas the mags up enough for reasonable usage even after green gas modding them!

1 minute ago, Wild Weasel said:

So what is the solution? Fill as best as you can, and just swap out for another mag if it gases out mid game? That will get annoying with only 5 mags.

It's a cracking sustem, well built, very accurate and great when it's going right but I'm struggling to make it useable - I just cannot seem to be able to gas the mags up enough for reasonable usage even after green gas modding them!

it’s obviously a terrible, terrible gun, I’ll take it off your hands for £100 😂😂😂

• Mostly Retired Moderators
12 minutes ago, rocketdogbert said:

it’s obviously a terrible, terrible gun, I’ll take it off your hands for £100 😂😂😂

Dibs on giving you £180 for it 😂

22 minutes ago, rocketdogbert said:

Guns great I think it may be the operator!

2 hours ago, Wild Weasel said:
21 hours ago, jsmithski said:

Really stupid question. But you are holding the mags upside down with the gas bottle upside down (pointing downwards) over the top?

If you have the gas bottle the right way up and pressing the mag down on it you are filling the mag with the vapour (propane gas) taking up the empty (of compressed liquid propane) space at the top of the canister.

Haha @Wild Weasel thinks he's an operator 😉

Basic fault finding, if the problem is with all the mags then I very much doubt it's the mags at fault 😉

Take a base plate off one mag, leave the fill valve in and try it on your adapters, how much gas/liquid comes out?

2 hours ago, Wild Weasel said:

i havent found one....

2 hours ago, Cyberlawyer said:

Really stupid question. But you are holding the mags upside down with the gas bottle upside down (pointing downwards) over the top?

If you have the gas bottle the right way up and pressing the mag down on it you are filling the mag with the vapour (propane gas) taking up the empty (of compressed liquid propane) space at the top of the canister.

Yep, everything's inverted.

2 hours ago, Davegolf said:

Haha @Wild Weasel thinks he's an operator 😉

Basic fault finding, if the problem is with all the mags then I very much doubt it's the mags at fault 😉

Take a base plate off one mag, leave the fill valve in and try it on your adapters, how much gas/liquid comes out?

I'll let you know tomorrow, cheers.

Buy a bottle of Nuprol 2.0. If it fills properly with that (Mine always have) then you know It’s a problem with the adapter or the propane bottle.

1 hour ago, Cyberlawyer said:

Buy a bottle of Nuprol 2.0. If it fills properly with that (Mine always have) then you know It’s a problem with the adapter or the propane bottle.

Makes sense. I'm inclined to agree with you, I have three fill adapters, a brown and blue Airsoft Innovations polymer numbers - these give the best seal but lack enough spring to push in the valve, which if I shove harder (because nothings happening) vent the bottle. And a cheapy eBay madbull copy that has a crap seal on the fill valve, but let's me press harder but is only giving me a partial fill - I'm going to return the new blue nozzle as it is only days old and try again, fail that replace all the fill valves then if that doesn't work I'm going to make a frame, put it in the frame, look at it and go out and buy an aeg😁

Hi, 

Sorry to completely change the topic - please ignore me if youre not interested

While looking for something else I found this forum, people a few months back were looking for adapters for the Odin sidewinder for the MWS mags, I thought id share that I designed and print some. Seem to be a lot cheaper than some alternatives around too. Im working on other models all the time too.

If youre interested please find me on FB or Instagram, rules seem to allow advertising as long as its relevant to the topic and its not in my signature. 

On 03/04/2020 at 10:01, CoCost said:

Also, if anyone is considering getting a BCM clone rail I would HIGHLY recommend getting a set of the real-steal fixing/cross bolts to secure it. From personal experience the ones that come with both the Dytak and AngryGun rails are pretty cheap and, if not tightened correctly, can cause a small amount of very annoying wobble.

On this, i have a c&c 13.5 bcm mcmr clone and for the life of me I cant fix the wobble, and its more than just a little, the movement is very noticeable. Ive tried shims, various different outer barrel combinations to no affect whatsoever. Can you tell me more about these fixing cross bolts? Its a real pity because the rail itself is fantastic imho.

14 hours ago, mightyjebus said:

ebairsoft have thrown up a load of G&P MWS parts on their website. Anyone know why there are 4 different adjustable power nozzle valves?

Each offers a different range of powers. IIRC they each have 3 positions for the pin, but only a small over all range (rather than the NPAS style ones which go from 250 > 450fps!)