THE TM MWS thread

Wo1f

Hang on... 470 on 0.34!

Doesnt that equate to over 600 on 0.2 or is my weekend maths off!?

What have they done to the nozzle!?

Does it cycle properly on full auto?

Sure this isn't some hella late April fool!? 😂

It’s a TM, bought in Tokyo and used in Tokyo.....

the magic TM dust is at FULL POWAAAA!!!

i would sure like to see it in action, wouldn’t like to get hit by it though.

0.34g ... r134a... 470fps on steel bolt... 6.05mm barrel... cannot compute!!! maybe 470 meteres per second!? ..brain explodes*

edit: how hot is it in japan? clearly reaching hell tempratures

Guest Iaidan

Apologies guys I can’t correct my typo! I meant 370 😅 but it’s still a beautiful toy. Airsoft guns here aren't allowed to shoot over 1 joule in any case, even the sniper rifles, so I won’t be able to take it to any games unless I change out to stock parts. 

In other news, this website won’t send me the verification email! So I’ll have to stick to a guest account! 

Sorry if this has already been asked (can only find one fleeting reference) but has anybody tried these :

https://eagle6.co.uk/shop/catalog/product/view/id/575/s/laylax-nineball-magazine-gas-injection-valve-set-black-for-all-gas-series/

had my first failed inlet valve on my first mag plinking today!

Cheers

53 minutes ago, Wild Weasel said:

Sorry if this has already been asked (can only find one fleeting reference) but has anybody tried these :

https://eagle6.co.uk/shop/catalog/product/view/id/575/s/laylax-nineball-magazine-gas-injection-valve-set-black-for-all-gas-series/

had my first failed inlet valve on my first mag plinking today!

Cheers

What can go wrong with a fill gas valve? They are all the same, simple to fix if leaking. Here’s a pic.

FE0A989F-7775-4883-85A3-5D86E4B2A499.jpeg

19 minutes ago, Davegolf said:

Lees Precision Engineering make O ring overhaul kits, best sticking with the TM parts 👍

Thanks Dave, I'll have a look at stripping it today as I couldn't get gas in - it felt like there was no spring back.

Other news my flame king refillable 1Ib bottle kit arrived today so those of you who run propane that is an option as Coleman bottles and I believe plumbers bottles are not refillable due to a bearing being added to prevent that.  I now have 19kg of gas for plinking!

Cheers

1 hour ago, Davegolf said:

Have you stripped the valve?

it be crudded up or the O ring swollen / ripped / jammed

Just done it now, left it in a pot of 5cwt silicone oil for ten minutes and reassembled. Looks brand new in there too me!

Hey guys , someone try to install real buffer in a mws ? I see that Aliexpress has buffer with 130gr aprox for "real" AR15 .

22 minutes ago, marine said:

Hey guys , someone try to install real buffer in a mws ? I see that Aliexpress has buffer with 130gr aprox for "real" AR15 .

Haven't tried it myself, but RS buffers have a flat surface, whereas the MWS buffers protrude and mate with the BCG. I heard that they work, but that they create performance issues  because of the lack of protrusion!

2 hours ago, Wild Weasel said:

Just done it now, left it in a pot of 5cwt silicone oil for ten minutes and reassembled. Looks brand new in there too me!

Yep, fail, when I push the ai polymer fill valve on, the mag fill valve does not want to 'give' and if I push harder the ai bottle adapter vents instead.

All other 4 mws mags and 3 hk45 mags ok.

The spring feels very stiff on the mag valve like!

Screenshot_20200408_083344_com.android.chrome.png

Added a couple more parts to my MWS. Still stock inside though:

- Trijicon TA01 ACOG

- GG&G Foregrip

- GG&G Sling mount

- GG&G 90° mount

- Magpul MOE Carbine stock

- Magpul MOE grip

- Element WML

- LBT sling in MultiCam

Not won over by the flashhider so I will probably put the original back on when I dig it out. May swap the stock for a tan version which is currently with my brother.

IMG_20200408_125015.jpg

IMG_20200408_125047.jpg

On 08/04/2020 at 10:42, Jimmeh said:

Haven't tried it myself, but RS buffers have a flat surface, whereas the MWS buffers protrude and mate with the BCG. I heard that they work, but that they create performance issues  because of the lack of protrusion!

Hi ! , I have a friend that himself cut flat her buffer angry gun to easy open upper and 0 issues for now...

Tokyo Marui just made the green gas mod obsolete on those mags with the 2 on it.

@Bada Bing another great video.

Not often do they stop playing around me they also ask if it runs on gas.

Not many gas rifles were I play(Portugal).

2 minutes ago, _FIL_ said:

Tokyo Marui just made the green gas mod obsolete on those mags with the 2 on it.

@Bada Bing another great video.

Not often do they stop playing around me they also ask if it runs on gas.

Not many gas rifles were I play(Portugal).

I've still modded all mine as I was none the wiser, I reckon it still ok to do and gives you a slightly bigger gas capacity!

23 hours ago, Wild Weasel said:

I've still modded all mine as I was none the wiser, I reckon it still ok to do and gives you a slightly bigger gas capacity!

For me it was hard to empty a mag of bbs, with it full tank of gas.

I guess the main reason behind the number 2 mags was this issue.

Almost made the mod a must(for me at least).

Curious to know if modding the 2 mags will get an ever higher capacity that the older ones.

You probably would get higher capacity again but at the detriment on FPS consistency, and when you can get that many shots from a #2 mag why bother messing about with it 🤷🏽‍♂️

All my mags have the 2 mark and couldn't even do 20 shots on a ten second charge.

GG mod brang the shot count up to 40 on average but would sometimes still get mags that run out after 20 shots. Again a ten second charge.

Then again all 8 of my mags are cunts and don't take gas very well, they spit out most of the gas from the get go even with the Air bubbles purged.

On 07/04/2020 at 16:58, JamesHD said:

IMG_20200407_161905.jpg

IMG_20200407_165004.jpg

IMG_20200407_165027.jpg

Anyone else taken the dive with spray paint yet?

Spent an afternoon with some four star removing multiple layers the previous owner had applied 🤣

As much as I love a painted rifle the MWS will stay black, I have my G&P aeg for that!

Loving the paint you have done though, don't put it down in dead bracken...you will never find it again 😁