THE TM MWS thread

Wo1f

On 23/03/2020 at 20:39, Davegolf said:

Ambi fire selector, nice 👍

I shoot rifles left handed so pretty much essential! Not a cheap but easy to fit and makes life much easier.

Well this just got expensive. Started off life as an M4 carbine already had the mws handguard fitted and a friend has done the 'biro mod' as well as a few other bits before I take delivery and really make it my own

received_204397850975937.jpeg

Great news! After multiple delays and other bullshittery I'm finally getting an MWS again this monday! Can't wait to hold it in my arms again 😁. Couldn't find it anywhere in stock in the Netherlands so ordered from the UK, ended being cheaper even with the shipping so kudo's to the pricing over there! Now to hoard
a shitload of accesories to make it even better. Glad I kept some stuff from my previous MWS now!

Hey guys,

So being locked up and doing alot of plinking I've been getting quite abit of bite' from the trigger guard.

So my question is are mws trigger guards real steel compatable?

Also do we know what parts are real steel compatable, be good to have a list.

Thanks alot guys!! 

13 hours ago, hunter511 said:

Latest glamour shot of the soon to be finally completed BCM recce style cqb build.

2020-03-26 10.42.13.jpg

Beautiful, love the mcmr rail, what manufacturer is it? C&C Tac, DyTac or AngryGun?

8 hours ago, Whisky1 said:

Hey guys,

So being locked up and doing alot of plinking I've been getting quite abit of bite' from the trigger guard.

Thanks alot guys!! 

@Cyberlawyer

I can’t say if real steel trigger guards fit, but real steal grips will (although you need to use the original MWS bolt to attach them).

I had a problem with the attachment point from the trigger guard digging into my middle finger. I don’t think a different trigger guard would have fixed this as the issue was actually the bracket where the trigger guard attaches with the roll pin. I fixed it by using some ‘Sugru’ to fill the void and hide the sharp bit. It’s a neat job and looks factory.

ill try and take a picture later today.

26 minutes ago, Cyberlawyer said:

I had a problem with the attachment point from the trigger guard digging into my middle finger. I don’t think a different trigger guard would have fixed this as the issue was actually the bracket where the trigger guard attaches with the roll pin. I fixed it by using some ‘Sugru’ to fill the void and hide the sharp bit. It’s a neat job and looks factory.

ill try and take a picture later today.

I have the same issue, seems the previous owner scuffed it and left a burr on there. Will break out the Sugru later and post some pics too....because I have sod all else to do.

@hunter511

Did you need a barrel nut adapter? How good does it sit on the barrel nut? Any wobble?

I'm currently contemplating on getting a 13 inch mcmr clone, either AG or C&Ctac, and was wondering if it would fit the stock mws 14.5 inch socom barrel.

15 hours ago, Whisky1 said:

Hey guys,

Thanks alot guys!! 

I can't tell you if they're compatible but the comfiest by far that I've found are the plastic MAGPUL style ones. Everything else always has a sharp edge to it

Literally only had the gun a few hours and already made some external changes. Originally the TM M4A1 CARBINE. With an mws handguard, Daniels defence stock, PEQ, acog 3x sight and viper tan sling 

USER_SCOPED_TEMP_DATA_MSGR_PHOTO_FOR_UPLOAD_1585328531337.jpeg

USER_SCOPED_TEMP_DATA_MSGR_PHOTO_FOR_UPLOAD_1585328230564.jpeg

3 hours ago, Softcore said:

@hunter511

Did you need a barrel nut adapter? How good does it sit on the barrel nut? Any wobble?

I'm currently contemplating on getting a 13 inch mcmr clone, either AG or C&Ctac, and was wondering if it would fit the stock mws 14.5 inch socom barrel.

You should be fine mate. Mine went straight on. I did IIRC need some barrel shims just to snug it up.

That said now I think about it it's a laylax 8way barrel in there as AG aren't making a BCM 9inch outer.

On monday I'll try and have a play about with the actual Tm barrel.

23 hours ago, Whisky1 said:

Hey guys,

Thanks alot guys!! 

I fitted a rs BCM gunfighter trigger guard to mine, I had to do a small amount of filling on the trigger guard at the front on top to get the small hex screw hole to line up, also the drift pin that came with it is too large diameter so be nice to your existing mws one to re use.

Make sure you support the "wings" when you tap this through or you risk breaking them off!

So on inspection there was not only the sharp edges of the trigger guard wings but also a hefty burr from a knock it had taken.

I cleaned up the burr with some fine wet&dry paper, de-greased the area and then masked it off ready.

I used black Sugru to fill the gap and blend into the trigger guard wings and also around the scuffed area.

I let it set over night and removed the tape then used a craft knife to tidy up the front where it had overlapped the tape.

Feels great and you would not notice it unless you turned the gun over and squinted 😁

20200328_155804.jpg

20200328_155822.jpg

20200328_155854.jpg

20200328_155743.jpg

20200328_155912.jpg

22 hours ago, Wild Weasel said:

I fitted a rs BCM gunfighter trigger guard to mine, I had to do a small amount of filling on the trigger guard at the front on top to get the small hex screw hole to line up, also the drift pin that came with it is too large diameter so be nice to your existing mws one to re use.

Make sure you support the "wings" when you tap this through or you risk breaking them off!

IMG_20200328_213243.jpg

IMG_20200328_213216.jpg

Hey guys, considering I scrapped my old idea of turning my MWS into a Strike Industries fitted M4 I'm going to sell some of the Strike Industries parts to finance my new MWS build, would anyone be interested? It's the SI Strike rail 13,5", the SI forward grip, the SI gasblock(missing the screws at the moment), the SI advanced castlenut set and a rethreading tool for the barrelnut. Preferably only parting with as a set.

IMG_4737.jpg

On 27/03/2020 at 14:41, Softcore said:

@hunter511

I have the ag 8inch mcmr 

Not tried it with a barrel nut adapter but I can say for sure it don’t work with a stock barrel out the box..got mine on and the barrel just plopped strait out. Didn’t go with a barrel nut as I had ordered this https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/5KU-8-7-Inch-CQB-Airsoft-Outer-Barrel-For-Marui-M4A1-MWS-GBB-14mmCCW-5KU-MWS-2/283301788016?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

needed to back some of the shims in masking tape to get everything to line up tight on the barrel nut but it fits great and feels super sturdy..and looks sexy

C432314F-463D-43DA-BC1D-397125638861.jpeg

On 29/03/2020 at 22:38, PopRocket123 said:

Anyone know if these will fit on MWS magazines?

15738346172055244989.jpg

Pretty sure these will only work on compatible Pmags (Ace1 or IronAirsoft). The standard TM mags don't have the removable base plates that these are used to replace. Think JKAirsoft and a few other HK retailers have the Ace1 Pmags back in stock.

https://shop.jkarmy.com/ace-one-arms-saa-m-style-35-rds-magazine-for-tm-mws-bk-de.html

Also, if anyone is considering getting a BCM clone rail I would HIGHLY recommend getting a set of the real-steal fixing/cross bolts to secure it. From personal experience the ones that come with both the Dytak and AngryGun rails are pretty cheap and, if not tightened correctly, can cause a small amount of very annoying wobble.

Guest Iaidan

I recently got an MWS of my own! It was only the equivalent of £300 as I bought it direct from a store in Tokyo. 😍 My first ever GBB

A picture of my beauty! She’s completely stock exterior besides the additions I got her for cosmetic purposes: flash hider, flashlight, laser, Arrow Optics Trijicon 4x32 ACOG and a rail to increase the height of the sight. 

https://imgur.com/a/9zG79IN

Interior parts are all fully upgraded including the brass SixG super nub and tan bucking with a 361mm 6.05 steel inner barrel, custom made Frontier1 400% recoil buffer, fully upgraded nozzle / spring set, steel bolt with a roller bolt. 

It shoots about 470fps with 0.34g BB’s on 134a gas at the shooting range I go to in Tokyo.  Pretty gnarly heavy recoil too. Most of the parts I need are cheap and readily available as I live in Japan, so it couldn’t have cost more than £600 for it to be fully upgraded. Can’t use it at games though! Far too powerful.