THE TM MWS thread

Wo1f

I have HSGI Taco’s and the WAS quick release pouches. Both work fine, the HSGI are marginally better, but not enough to justify the extra cost over the WAS pouches.

For a double closed pouch I only have the WAS ones. They work really well so I haven’t looked for any other options.

All legit mag pouches work fine as they are made to carry real weighted mags not plastic mags...full of plastic balls

Esstac are great for open/quick access/reliable retention.

Equal to HSGI, although TACOs can hold a variety of mags, and release with less of a tug, however Esstac can be easier to reinsert a mag due to them staying open - I mean TACOs close up some when empty.

I prefer Esstac and Tacos on a rig.

That said WAS pouches with bungee retention tops are super fast, have zero drag and less bulk.

With belts you don't want to have to pull the mag hard to release.

Hope you've got a Velcro inner / rigger outer belt combo, 4 mags on your hips is going to move around a lot otherwise!

PS I've got a ton of WAS Coyote pouches I need to shift.

IMG_4328.PNG

18 hours ago, SSPKali said:

Slightly odd question but I am after recommendations for magazine pouches to use with the MWS on a belt set up. I alternate between a Viper VX chest rig and a full plate carrier (& weighted plates) with kangaroo M4 pouches at the moment but fancy using my FRV shooter belt for lighter load outs.

I think I want a single open pouch and a closed double one (4 mags in total is more than enough for CQB games)

What pouches put up with the hefty MWS magazines bouncing about in them? WAS? HSGI? Other?

I’d invest in one open top pouch with some sort of kydex insert which allows for superior retention and draw speed. Esstac kywi (already mentioned is the choice in the real steel world) is a good choice! But you don’t need to buy these things - you can make them yourself. Buy some flyye m4 pouches ( I have had these for years ) and make a kydex insert. Sheets can be easily cut and bent with a heat gun. DIY guides are easily found through google. 

23 hours ago, SSPKali said:

Slightly odd question but I am after recommendations for magazine pouches to use with the MWS on a belt set up. I alternate between a Viper VX chest rig and a full plate carrier (& weighted plates) with kangaroo M4 pouches at the moment but fancy using my FRV shooter belt for lighter load outs.

I think I want a single open pouch and a closed double one (4 mags in total is more than enough for CQB games)

What pouches put up with the hefty MWS magazines bouncing about in them? WAS? HSGI? Other?

I use the WAS double mag pouches and they are great. They are elasticated on the sides so even when there is only one mag inserted it doesn't bounce around. I have recently picked up these which I believe are a clone of an Emerson gear pouch. They work like taco pouches but are made of rubber so they grip the mag very well. I've found they're more secure than a regular taco from testing at home but I haven't had a chance to test them in game

1694397507-1069853191.jpg

On 19/03/2020 at 22:37, Davegolf said:

All legit mag pouches work fine as they are made to carry real weighted mags not plastic mags...full of plastic balls

Esstac are great for open/quick access/reliable retention.

Equal to HSGI, although TACOs can hold a variety of mags, and release with less of a tug, however Esstac can be easier to reinsert a mag due to them staying open - I mean TACOs close up some when empty.

I prefer Esstac and Tacos on a rig.

That said WAS pouches with bungee retention tops are super fast, have zero drag and less bulk.

With belts you don't want to have to pull the mag hard to release.

Hope you've got a Velcro inner / rigger outer belt combo, 4 mags on your hips is going to move around a lot otherwise!

PS I've got a ton of WAS Coyote pouches I need to shift.

IMG_4328.PNG

I have an FRV shooter belt so carrying weight is no problem.

What coyote pouches do you have to shift? Happy for you to DM me to keep off this thread.

50 minutes ago, HELIflipper03 said:

Just had work done to make my MTR go for a Mk18 Mod 1 style. New rail system, grip, stock, and had the barrel cerakoted. 

received_666173067470375.jpeg

This is probably what I'd end up doing. I think I'd go for a URX rail and short dot. How much did it cost to get the barrel ceracoted?

49 minutes ago, Davegolf said:

Nice, firing DMR fps?

may consider it 

21 minutes ago, PopRocket123 said:

This is probably what I'd end up doing. I think I'd go for a URX rail and short dot. How much did it cost to get the barrel ceracoted?

wasnt too much, I think around £30?

I managed to get my MWS up to 450 FPS with nothing more than a long barrel and an npas valve (with a small modification) and a squirt of red gas. Although due to joule creep you can hit the allowed FPS on normal green gas by upping the weight of the BBs.

Its also easy to adjust back down with the npas.

• Supporters
On 19/03/2020 at 15:06, SSPKali said:

Currently i have the HSGI Taco pouches for my MWS Mags

1 hour ago, Davegolf said:

That's never going to work as Recoil buffer spring lives in stock tube!

Real folding ARs have a special bolt assy.

This one isn't designed to be fired with the stock folded, it's literally just for storage as I'm limited on space and want something with a longer barrel. They have an extra buffer extension that sits in the actual folding part to account for the extra length I just wasn't sure if it'd work since I know the MWS uses its own style of buffer and the threads can be fussy

15 hours ago, PopRocket123 said:

Does anyone know if there are any folding stock adapters that work with the MWS? 

-18604137041401380360.jpg

There are a stack of these for sale on DHgate and Aliexpress. They are identical to the real steel baring what they are made of, with small mods they’ll fit the MWS, you’ll probably need a new RS spec buffer tube, but they come with a fitting kit for an AEG tube, so that might work.

As has been said, you can’t fire the  gun with it folded, but why would you want too?

1 hour ago, rocketdogbert said:

There are a stack of these for sale on DHgate and Aliexpress. They are identical to the real steel baring what they are made of, with small mods they’ll fit the MWS, you’ll probably need a new RS spec buffer tube, but they come with a fitting kit for an AEG tube, so that might work.

As has been said, you can’t fire the  gun with it folded, but why would you want too?

If I need the different buffer tube does that mean I'd need to get the lower receiver rethreaded to fit the price that comes with it?

42 minutes ago, PopRocket123 said:

If I need the different buffer tube does that mean I'd need to get the lower receiver rethreaded to fit the price that comes with it?

well, personally I’d get the adapter modified

24 minutes ago, rocketdogbert said:

well, personally I’d get the adapter modified

I wasn't sure if that would be easier as I think the adapter fitting is steel. Any idea how much a job like that would cost?

1 hour ago, PopRocket123 said:

I wasn't sure if that would be easier as I think the adapter fitting is steel. Any idea how much a job like that would cost?

Not a clue bud

Couple of questions, maybe someone could help:

1. I want to replace the stock rail and barrel with the G&P DD MK18 front set. What tools do I need?

Would this https://gunfire.com/en/products/steel-airsoft-barrel-nut-wrench-for-m4-m16-1152202492.html suffice?

2. A question for those who own the Angry Gun high speed bolt carrier in FDE. How close to the real thing(BCM) is the color tone? A bit more subdued, darkish or lighter in tone?

3. Does anyone know if there are companies out there doing monolithic uppers for the mws? I want an mlok LMT MRP so badly.

Spent a useful afternoon removing many, many layers of paint from my MWS...and then the 5 mags.

Looking much nicer in the dark grey / black and slightly battered look 😁

20200323_171333.jpg

20200323_171405.jpg