THE TM MWS thread

Wo1f

6 minutes ago, Jacket said:

What outer barrel do you currently have? If it’s the standard TM one on a CQBR, then that is 10.5"

It's a standard 14.5", decided to just get the angry gun 'milspec' outer barrel kit tho - not sure my original idea would've worked anyway as the threads run long 

I have a stand alone Mk18 barrel currently fitted to my MWS and I also have the original short CQBR barrel.

Other than a difference in how the barrel nut fits (to hold the free footing rail on the MK18) I can’t tell any meaningful difference in the length.

A different flash hider would make more difference.

26 minutes ago, Cyberlawyer said:

I have a stand alone Mk18 barrel currently fitted to my MWS and I also have the original short CQBR barrel.

Other than a difference in how the barrel nut fits (to hold the free footing rail on the MK18) I can’t tell any meaningful difference in the length.

A different flash hider would make more difference.

The shoulder of my outer barrel ends further back than the gas block on mine, I can't even put a flash hider on the end of the barrel in conjunction with with my gas block. The previous owner said he'd installed the angry gun 'milspec'outer barrel however I was sceptical as it didn't come with any of the additional barrel extension lengths.

I went ahead and started selling my pistols (ksc, hicapa, etc) and preordered the MWS AR9 conversion kit with x3 47rd magazines. also picked up a tm G34 with 25rd magazine for a companion... i have a thing for stock glock 34's as that is my real steel baby. 

Im kind of weary about prowin (i loved their WA v2 gas magazines) but i know their mws mags are a bit eh.

IF the AR9 adapter functions, an HPA g-series drum magazine or hicap drum propane magazine is in the near future. OOOOOHHH!

20200103_ProWin_AR9_Adapter_for_Maru_M4_MWS_System.thumb.jpg.782e3cab06fb899138409b32f50153b1.jpg

Fire Support now have MWS magazines back in stock!!! Just ordered my own (taking me up to 6) and there are 59 left....GO!!!

Annoyingly they are out of the short 20 round mags I want to complete the ‘look’ for my DMR upper.

I’m sorted for the 35 rounders.

You got a link for the feed lips? I Should probably get some just in case. 

On 13/03/2020 at 21:05, adas1223 said:

I went ahead and started selling my pistols (ksc, hicapa, etc) and preordered the MWS AR9 conversion kit with x3 47rd magazines. also picked up a tm G34 with 25rd magazine for a companion... i have a thing for stock glock 34's as that is my real steel baby. 

Im kind of weary about prowin (i loved their WA v2 gas magazines) but i know their mws mags are a bit eh.

IF the AR9 adapter functions, an HPA g-series drum magazine or hicap drum propane magazine is in the near future. OOOOOHHH!

20200103_ProWin_AR9_Adapter_for_Maru_M4_MWS_System.thumb.jpg.782e3cab06fb899138409b32f50153b1.jpg

I've got one of these on pre order too. I'm actually really looking forward to getting my hands on it!

I got in touch with some resellers of genuine TM-parts to order some bits specific to the MTR-16. Apparently, TM forbids the reselling of the MTR parts. IF something breaks and you wish for a replacement part specific to the MTR - one has to send it to Marui in Japan :(( 

Just wanted to let you know. I have been trying for a month to source the grip and the real steel equivalent was just taken by the customs.. 

let me know if someone wants to part with their MTR-grip...

55 minutes ago, Hypokondrikern said:

I got in touch with some resellers of genuine TM-parts to order some bits specific to the MTR-16. Apparently, TM forbids the reselling of the MTR parts. IF something breaks and you wish for a replacement part specific to the MTR - one has to send it to Marui in Japan :(( 

Just wanted to let you know. I have been trying for a month to source the grip and the real steel equivalent was just taken by the customs.. 

TM don’t export anything, never mind the MTR or its parts. Everything outside of Japan is a grey import

2 hours ago, Hypokondrikern said:

At some point in the future I may be selling a full set of MTR externals. I'm trying to find the right base to build an ambi rifle and at this point the MTR is looking like my best bet however I hate the look of it so everything except the receiver and buffer tube would have to go

2 hours ago, PopRocket123 said:

At some point in the future I may be selling a full set of MTR externals. I'm trying to find the right base to build an ambi rifle and at this point the MTR is looking like my best bet however I hate the look of it so everything except the receiver and buffer tube would have to go

Feel free to PM me if this happens! 

3 hours ago, rocketdogbert said:

TM don’t export anything, never mind the MTR or its parts. Everything outside of Japan is a grey import

True, I wasn’t aware of it - one thought it would be a straight forward process as with KJW. You email and see the parts in your mail 2 weeks later. 

18 minutes ago, jsmithski said:

So, anyone else tried installing the KWA rocket valve? Do you like the FPS vs recoil balance? I like how the rocket valve seals the nozzle - perfectly so no gas loss is observed.

Any particular benefits over stock? 

13 hours ago, adas1223 said:

what does it mean that it seals the nozzle? i modified the stock valve for 450. 

The valve closes the nozzle at one point so no more gas goes to the inner barrel and all the volume left goes to the blow back. Some valves do not seal the nozzle 100% so when blow back kicks in still some gas leaks to the barrel which weakens the blow back and slows down the cycle a bit.

Slightly odd question but I am after recommendations for magazine pouches to use with the MWS on a belt set up. I alternate between a Viper VX chest rig and a full plate carrier (& weighted plates) with kangaroo M4 pouches at the moment but fancy using my FRV shooter belt for lighter load outs.

I think I want a single open pouch and a closed double one (4 mags in total is more than enough for CQB games)

What pouches put up with the hefty MWS magazines bouncing about in them? WAS? HSGI? Other?