THE TM MWS thread

Wo1f

7 hours ago, Mitchwalk3r said:

Looking to make the step up from a TM hk416 delta EBB to a mws and wondering where everyone gets there mk18 kits from? 

The Mk18 front rail is now few and far between, I got lucky with mine. Last place I got one was Daves Custom airsoft. And they are now out of stock. (Just checked)

Nuprol made one, but are out of production and stock almost every where. You're gunna be hard pressed to find a front rail new.

The Madbull rail fits the MWS even if it states its only for AEG. As that is what mine is.

8 hours ago, Mitchwalk3r said:

Looking to make the step up from a TM hk416 delta EBB to a mws and wondering where everyone gets there mk18 kits from? 

Aliexpress have a bucket load in different lengths and colours

I ended up ordering this one:

https://gpairsoft-uk.com/shop/en/53289-gp-dd-mk18-front-set-for-marui-mws-m4a1-gbb-black-gp-mws014a.html

it’s good quality and fits well, but the flash hider thread is 14mm clockwise (not counter clockwise like everything else) So your choice of flash hiders is limited or you need to get a converter.

1 hour ago, Cyberlawyer said:

I ended up ordering this one:

https://gpairsoft-uk.com/shop/en/53289-gp-dd-mk18-front-set-for-marui-mws-m4a1-gbb-black-gp-mws014a.html

it’s good quality and fits well, but the flash hider thread is 14mm clockwise (not counter clockwise like everything else) So your choice of flash hiders is limited or you need to get a converter.

Good choice, don't buy crap from AliExpress if you respect your self 😅

Here is the first iteration of my new DMR upper for my MWS. Once I have the internals sorted I’ll probably convert it with a MK12 front end. At the moment it’s throwing out .36g bbs at 300 FPS with just the benefit of a longer barrel and some joule creep so getting a DMR FPS on .4g bbs shouldn’t be too much harder.

I don’t really do the sniper thing enough to warrant a new gun so when an upper came up on the classifieds for a good price it was hard to pass up.

86DE2372-B66D-4567-BBDF-8B8E5FA3C927.jpeg

88220587-46FE-4437-9500-64D9690E7C57.jpeg

After some thought I have decided to run my DMR upper on .32g BBs the same as my SBR upper. The main driver behind this was I want to be able to use tracer without having to adjust the hop and FPS every time and .32 is the heaviest I can find.

The DMR site limit on .32 is 356fps, any advice on the best way to get there?

There are some used MWS mags in the classifieds. The seller is nothing to do with me, but putting it there for information.

It does seem that MWS mags hold their value better than most other things in Airsoft.

I looked, but I already have 13 mags and that’s heavy enough when I carry them all...

20 hours ago, Cyberlawyer said:

There are some used MWS mags in the classifieds.

No disrespect to the seller, but those mags look like they've been thrown around the block, quite literally! (but heh, the advert is very honest about it, so fair enough I suppose - what you see is what you get).

Personally I'd buy new once they're in stock at Fire Support or elsewhere. John at Fire Support did a great job of "green gas modding" a bunch of MWS mags for me a little while ago as part of another job; might be worth enquiring about that if - like me - you're not keen on DIY-ing that particular job.

Hey everyone, I've got some IronAirsoft Pmags which won't fill (I know there's better magazines, but I got them in a deal and up until now they've been alright - better in colder weather than stock mags IMHO. 😬) Problem seems to be the flow valve, which simply ejects all the gas out as I fill the magazine. I shot them until empty once, left them for a couple of hours at most and now they won't hold any gas. Checked all the O rings and added some PTFE tape in moderation to the threads just to be sure. The problem however seems to be the gap around the rear plunger and not the O ringed section that screws into the magazine. If anyone's had something similar or has some advice it'd be much appreciated - cheers

On 25/01/2020 at 16:48, DeltaSniper said:

Just wondering, to whoever has changed their inner barrel for the MTR16, how did you get the barrel nut off?

I dont know what kind of castle nut wrench I would need for this, I have a real AR15 wrench and the barrel nut is smaller than the wrench teeth...

mFxQMnS.jpg

Hey guys

For those of you that have the MTR16 and are struggling or struggled with the part above, I need your help.

Since I don't have a vice I ended taking it up to a shop in order to change the inner barrel.

So they just contacted me saying that they need to put it in the vice to try and loosen it, so far so good but then the said that they would not be responsible should it break.

So my question to this great collective is if anyone had issues loosening this part, and by issues I mean if you ended up breaking the upper receiver in the process?

Or it is sturdy enough to handle the stress?

Thanks in advance.

PS: I don't know the type of vice they have

9 minutes ago, _FIL_ said:

Hey guys

For those of you that have the MTR16 and are struggling or struggled with the part above, I need your help.

Since I don't have a vice I ended taking it up to a shop in order to change the inner barrel.

So they just contacted me saying that they need to put it in the vice to try and loosen it, so far so good but then the said that they would not be responsible should it break.

So my question to this great collective is if anyone had issues loosening this part, and by issues I mean if you ended up breaking the upper receiver in the process?

Or it is sturdy enough to handle the stress?

Thanks in advance.

PS: I don't know the type of vice they have

If they are putting it in an AR receiver block in the vice then you should be all good- if they are trying to put it straight in the vice then I’d be very worried. 

If they have a proper AR15 vice block no problem it’s what they are for. If not then no way, you would be better off buying a bench vice and receiver block yourself, as it would be cheaper than a new MWS receiver.

A similar effect can be achieved with a bench vice some wooden blocks and an old towel, but it’s riskier and I would expect  a professional to have the proper equipment especially when it’s relatively cheep and has so much utility.

Just now, rocketdogbert said:

Heat. Heat it to loosen the thread lock 

Hey @rocketdogbert, they did heat it but it won't budge according to them.

While searching for the topic I found this wich some of you may already know by now but it's in pre-sale...

https://www.wgcshop.com/products/tokyo-marui-mtr16-g-edition-gbbr

Waiting for firesupport to get in their delivery's so I can purchase my mws

So I have already sorted my external upgrades(will eventually swa the acog for a vortex) 

Daniel's defence stock 

Nuprol bipod front grip(not to everyone's liking) 

Nuprol peq15

And for now red/blue/green acog with 3 levels of brightness on each colour and 3x magnification 

IMG_20200309_200137.jpg

Does anyone have/know where I can get a MK18 barrel extension for the 10" MWS outer barrel? Just wanting the small extension part, not looking for an entire outer barrel set. 

Alternatively, I believe any 0.5" outer barrel extension will work

3 hours ago, JamesHD said:

Does anyone have/know where I can get a MK18 barrel extension for the 10" MWS outer barrel? Just wanting the small extension part, not looking for an entire outer barrel set. 

Alternatively, I believe any 0.5" outer barrel extension will work

What outer barrel do you currently have? If it’s the standard TM one on a CQBR, then that is 10.5"