THE TM MWS thread

Wo1f

@Cyberlawyer I personally run a 6.05 in my SRS Silver back. It gives more accuracy over range. 6.03’s are usually good in a normal circumstance. Plus I’ve always herd good things with Orga. But worlds your oyster. 

Also bare in mind you want a barrel with good bore quality. 

This weekend I’ve updated the paint on my Mk18 Mod 1. I wasn’t happy with the first results. Too pale. This has much more character and depth. And all the weathering is deliberate 😁

Just waiting for some

more stock magazines, Angry Gun high speed bolt. (Thinking the bronze BCM one) and maybe start thinking about upgrading the trigger box to full steel.

E111DA26-B820-41FA-9CDC-37B21C691E61.jpeg

A227BBAF-CAA4-4BF6-9E7D-DCAF36DE040A.jpeg

25DE5201-1323-4C16-A994-EE783874C54B.jpeg

49 minutes ago, Festerfly said:

Great Job.  Looks amazing.  

can I ask the reason for the lack of paint on the upper receiver though?

Thanks 

Coz' two tone be sexy..... 😜

I got an M4A1 MWS arriving Monday, and I am on the lookout for a QD sling mount. Anyone here happens to know if this one is compatible with the MWS? It doesn't seem to have the little central teeth thing that some of the normal sling mounts do, and not sure if that's a problem or not.

19 hours ago, The Commander said:

I got an M4A1 MWS arriving Monday, and I am on the lookout for a QD sling mount. Anyone here happens to know if this one is compatible with the MWS? It doesn't seem to have the little central teeth thing that some of the normal sling mounts do, and not sure if that's a problem or not.

Looks like that one just bolts onto the buffer tube. I run a knock off Magpul ASAP late on mine. It works.

4 hours ago, Cipher-032 said:

Looks like that one just bolts onto the buffer tube. I run a knock off Magpul ASAP late on mine. It works.

Thanks 😁 Does it move around or wiggles, or it stays on solidly enough to not bother ya?

On 17/02/2020 at 12:58, Cipher-032 said:

It’s held in place by the buffer tube castle nut. Doesn’t go any where

Thanks! I'll take a look, then.

Gun and accessories arrived, here's my v1.0 😁

e9108d59-3942-4a5b-898f-3c1ab2faabaf.thumb.jpg.9b777579c88700efe032a8cb8f9bf8e1.jpg

Hi, I'm getting a bit concerned about the reliability of my Angry gun MPA nozzle I've noticed my FPS consistently dropping and after adjusting it the screw is very loose that adjusts the nozzle. Has anybody tried putting a spot of weak loctite on the screw after removing it or is it not recommended - I'm running Coleman propane on a standard gun.

Can anybody advise who has one of these nozzles.

Cheers

What parts of the bolt carrier group do I need to lube (and with what?)?

My Angry Gun complete MPA nozzle+bolt carrier isn't cycling all the way any more even after lubing the G&P bolt rollers with Superlube and putting silicon oil on the bits of the nozzle where Wolf's pictures on the first page indicate. It's not feeding in BBs properly, and it doesn't want to lock the bolt back.

Also, is there any maintenance that I need to do on my mags?

58 minutes ago, the3rdlegion said:

What parts of the bolt carrier group do I need to lube (and with what?)?

My Angry Gun complete MPA nozzle+bolt carrier isn't cycling all the way any more even after lubing the G&P bolt rollers with Superlube and putting silicon oil on the bits of the nozzle where Wolf's pictures on the first page indicate. It's not feeding in BBs properly, and it doesn't want to lock the bolt back.

Also, is there any maintenance that I need to do on my mags?

I lube the entire bolt carrier group (and every other moving part on my MWS) with Wurth dry chain lube, as recommended on the first page of this thread. It's easy to apply, relatively cheap/easy to buy and seems to work great. I imagine any other PTFE (Teflon) spray would work equally as well.

Can't comment on the cycling problem with the Angry Gun nozzle/carrier set. I use an Angry Gun High Speed bolt carrier myself and that works a treat. But that's not very useful to know in this situation, sorry!

As for mag maintenance, there's nothing specific that I'm aware of, other than the usual good practice of keeping some gas in the mags between skirmishes. General rule seems to be if they're not leaking, leave them alone. I asked a similar question about long-term storage of MWS mags, which you can read here if you're interested.

You can strip the magazines down and check the o rings and clean the follower and spring. I don’t do it every skirmish, unless it’s really muddy, usually every 6 months is more than enough.

Otherwise a general wipe down and storing them with a squirt of green gas is all I do after most skirmishes.

I'm getting ready for another round of modifications (still can't find a cheap QD mount, so gonna have to get a £40 one 😒) and came across this tool.

Anyone used it? Is it worth it, or can you do everything with normal tools easily enough?

An AR wrench is really worth having when working on the MWS. Make sure you get a good one the cheep ones will break.

On 17/02/2020 at 14:51, Wild Weasel said:

Hey, does anyone know the contact for the six g supernub on here, I've been after one for a bit but I've had no reply.

Cheers

So, looks like it's going to be an omega nub then.

On 19/02/2020 at 11:21, Wild Weasel said:

Hi, I'm getting a bit concerned about the reliability of my Angry gun MPA nozzle I've noticed my FPS consistently dropping and after adjusting it the screw is very loose that adjusts the nozzle. Has anybody tried putting a spot of weak loctite on the screw after removing it or is it not recommended - I'm running Coleman propane on a standard gun.

Can anybody advise who has one of these nozzles.

Cheers

So, I'll just give that a go and let you guys know how it turns out, just in case somebody else buys one then.

Cheers lads

Thought I'd jump in and say hi on this one. Had one of the early MWS's from Fire Support back in 2015. That's been and gone and now running the MTR16 with a crazy jet barrel, Tan Modify rubber and Laylax hop arm.  Short build also coming soon! 

• Supporters
16 minutes ago, Hypnosis said:

Thought I'd jump in and say hi on this one. Had one of the early MWS's from Fire Support back in 2015. That's been and gone and now running the MTR16 with a crazy jet barrel, Tan Modify rubber and Laylax hop arm.  Short build also coming soon! 

CRAAAAAAAAIIIGGG!!!!!!!

I want to get a short barrel for the MWS compatible with a suppressor-tracer, but there are zillions of options at Fire-Support/Patrolbase/Amazon/et al. Can anyone can roughly point me towards one worth getting?

Also, anyone bought at Eagle6.co.uk? They seem to have a lot of TM compatible stuff, and it's almost too convenient to be true.

1 hour ago, The Commander said:

I want to get a short barrel for the MWS compatible with a suppressor-tracer, but there are zillions of options at Fire-Support/Patrolbase/Amazon/et al. Can anyone can roughly point me towards one worth getting?

Also, anyone bought at Eagle6.co.uk? They seem to have a lot of TM compatible stuff, and it's almost too convenient to be true.

Yep

used Eagle6 loads of times. Brilliant company.  Thoroughly recommend them!

10 hours ago, adas1223 said:

so apparently pro-win makes 9mm magazine with conversion kit for the mws? 

https://www.wgcshop.com/collections/pre-order/products/pro-win-ar9-conversion-kit-for-marui-m4-mws-gbbp

And I will be ordering it. Spoke to WGC Shop already and they said the bolt will still lock back on last round and TM Glock mags will work so no exclusive Pro Win mags only

16 hours ago, Lozart said:

CRAAAAAAAAIIIGGG!!!!!!!

Alright maaaaaate! 😎

21 hours ago, The Commander said:

Anything 14mm CCW will work, just depends what rail you are running - if it is longer than the barrel then you will have to get a fairly skinny silencer to fit inside it