THE TM MWS thread

Wo1f

On 03/02/2020 at 22:16, Cyberlawyer said:

Not sure exactly what you mean. If you are referring to consistency between shots then no, it makes no difference. The most consistent option is probably the stock valve as it has no moving parts that can get moved out of position (I haven’t had this problem with the MWS version of the NPAS, but on the WE version there are reports of the screw working loose during firing and thus the FPS changing.)

If you mean between skirmishes or changes to different brands/types of gas, the NPAS will mean your rifle has much more consistent FPS as you can adjust it to take account of different gas pressures or ambient temperatures (it only takes 5 or 10 minutes with a chrono) so you can always be under site limits, but never so down on power that you can’t hit anyone beyond 10 metres.

Thanks, that was what I meant: shot to shot consistency. Other gbbr platform fanatics talk a lot about how the nozzle valves and npas:s improves this consistency from the original but it seems to be different with the mws. I’ll stay with the original for now and see if it needs a npas to stay safe this summer. 

On 30/01/2020 at 22:47, peeved87 said:

Esstac double inserts in my double pouches in the warrior falcon chest rig and got an esstac pistol/556 on my belt. Lovely bit of kit. Not cheap, but work a treat

I’ve found my warrior RPC and pathfinder rig combo holds  the weight well of mws mags with hardly any sag. I do the have my rig configured for a tight fit.

I am running a Spritus Micro Fight clone. Configured for a snug fit and ran 6x mags yesterday (my first outing with the new MWS). Stayed put the entire time,  didn’t feel too weighty on the front etc either.  

as an aside, first time running the MWS in game.  Absolutely loved it! 😍.  Have a few little mods/jobs to do next, but down to personal taste etc. 

On 11/03/2018 at 05:27, Wo1f said:

upgrade

Hi my fellow mws owners, i new to the club as i have just spent a few pennies on a new mws m4a1, 5 mags and a lovely vortex 1-4x scope. After a few days reading through this forum, i have purchase a new bucking, inner barrel (asked dave for brass nubs) fire selector as i want to learn how to fit upgrades myself has anyone got any videos or links to do following upgrades.

- mws disassembly 

- bucking replacement 

- inner barrel replacement 

- fitting brass nub

- fitting npas

- locking fire selector to single shot ( as i want to Dmr it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated 😃

1 hour ago, Samsonknight said:

Hi my fellow mws owners, i new to the club as i have just spent a few pennies on a new mws m4a1, 5 mags and a lovely vortex 1-4x scope. After a few days reading through this forum, i have purchase a new bucking, inner barrel (asked dave for brass nubs) fire selector as i want to learn how to fit upgrades myself has anyone got any videos or links to do following upgrades.

- mws disassembly 

- bucking replacement 

- inner barrel replacement 

- fitting brass nub

- fitting npas

- locking fire selector to single shot ( as i want to Dmr it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated 😃

I have found the Eagle6 videos on YouTube handy for general disassembly / reassembly guides: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIHcndZaGIOO8l4FVv0JQtQ They have videos on removing the barrel / front end and the hop-up - that should cover most of those questions. NPAS is quite easy, again watch the relevant video and simply replace the stock part when you re-assemble!

Other than that YouTube and this thread cover most of it. IIRC there are some pics on here how to mod the selector to single shot only.

Oh, and welcome to the club :)

Heya guys, been a while since ive poked my head in here. thought I'd share some updates.

My MWS has gone through a slight change to become a Mk18 Mod 1. The paint isnt final, waiting on some darker shades to arrive. Inspired by Garand Thumbs Mk18.

Done some upgrades and bits and bobs, I thought I'd better swap out my BCG spring set, but surprised the nozzle return spring had plenty of life in it still.

But I have a question, has any one tried any of the available piston cup seals, and found them to be any better over the stock seal? 

And the BAD lever is the First factory one, heat shrink on the bolt catch, two turns out on the buffer tube and it works lovely. Just dont use after market mags.

86194816_843171752792295_531610985811673088_n.jpg

86173165_207247513738447_2671030892842975232_n.jpg

MK18c.jpg

86176211_529046897721420_1789740892609839104_n.jpg

2nd outing today with the MWS and my Tm speed loader XL type decided to fall apart. Does anyone recommend a good quality speed loader which loads with no hassle.

3 hours ago, Buster said:

2nd outing today with the MWS and my Tm speed loader XL type decided to fall apart. Does anyone recommend a good quality speed loader which loads with no hassle.

I’ve been using the smaller marui loader with success. It’s been the most reliable on the Marui mags. I have 3 Prowin mags, and several different speedloaders work pretty well with them. The Marui mags are more temperamental. Here’s a link to the Marui loader I’m talking about.

@Cipher-032 I've used the Dynamic Precision one before without any issues.

Not intentionally, it came with one other the many MWS ive bought.

The standard TM seal does great, whatever you use keep all your BCG seals lubed up with silicone grease 👍

IMG_4174.JPG

Also RE nozzle return springs, I think the life of the springs is affected heavily by these factors;

1. Hop bucking used; some hop rubbers grip the nozzle to tightly putting excess stress on the spring being held fully extended for longer with each shot cycle

2. High power gas relative to ambient temp causing the spring to be extended to full length extremely quickly.

Hi Everyone,

I just got done assembling my SAI kit for my Marui MWS. I have a problem with the outer barrel. My Son hammered it in and jammed the threads. Is there any way to fix this problem? Also, I need some advice on the whole barrel nut installation and how to use the spacers.

I appreciate your help.

Any suggestions or tricks on how to get this bloody thing off the MTR 16? Got the first 2 bits off but this 3rd bit must be married to the barrel threads.  Been trying for ages but don't think it has moved one bit. Tried heating it but to no avail 

20200212_203008.jpg

Here are my two MWS builds so far:

20200206_162223.jpg

Right one is a 13.5" build with a Trijicon 1-8x26 Accupower mounted with Geissele Super Precision mount, and Trijicon RM06 on a canted mount (I only use the RMR at really close distances where the hop up doesn't matter). This thing hops .43s at 2.35J and is an absolute monster. I out-range most sniper rifles at the field, and the gun is laser precise. 

Left one is a 7" B.A.D. build, with an EOTech EXPS2-0-GRN. Working on switching the handguard to a real steel BCM MCMR to match the BCM bolt carrier, as the Fortis rail is omega-dumb (M-LOK on the sides, keymod on the bottom, why?). All gunsmodify internals, but I'm still hammering out some of the kinks with the gun. This thing performs superbly in CQB to midrange.

Let me know what you guys think!

I’m just about to start on doing a MK12 DMR upper for my MWS Having and I’m interested to hear peoples views on what inner barrels I should be considering. I’m aiming to get in the 450 FPS range with the gun locked to semi.

At the moment my choices seem to be between (1) a 410mm long ORGA Lex 6.05mm barrel or (2) a 370mm long Prometheus 6.03mm barrel. Anyone had any experience with either? Which one will give me the best accuracy and FPS boost? I have the 250mm Prometheus in my current MK18 build and in that context it has been really good.

I can also see that G&P do a 6.03, 410mm barrel, anyone used one or have any thoughts?

I already have an npas on order and will be reaching out to buy a new brass nub tomorrow.

Thanks in advance for any opinions.

On 13/02/2020 at 23:33, Cyberlawyer said:

I’m just about to start on doing a MK12 DMR upper for my MWS Having and I’m interested to hear peoples views on what inner barrels I should be considering. I’m aiming to get in the 450 FPS range with the gun locked to semi.

At the moment my choices seem to be between (1) a 410mm long ORGA Lex 6.05mm barrel or (2) a 370mm long Prometheus 6.03mm barrel. Anyone had any experience with either? Which one will give me the best accuracy and FPS boost? I have the 250mm Prometheus in my current MK18 build and in that context it has been really good.

I can also see that G&P do a 6.03, 410mm barrel, anyone used one or have any thoughts?

I already have an npas on order and will be reaching out to buy a new brass nub tomorrow.

Thanks in advance for any opinions.

Where abouts did you get your NPAS from please?  Trying to track one down. 

thanks

6 minutes ago, Festerfly said:

Where abouts did you get your NPAS from please?

My first one came from here with no problems so ordered my second from the same place.

http://emperionstore.com/npas-kit-for-tokyo-marui-mws-gbb-ra-tech.html