THE TM MWS thread

Wo1f

Hi Folk,

Long time lurker, finally pulled the trigger on an MWS last week after my trusty TM MP7 destroyed itself. I grabbed a new one while they were on sale at Firesupport so I have the revised bolt shooting <300fps - it's a little low but not a huge problem, however, I had read so many accounts of the legendary MWS consistency before picking one up that mine seems a bit ify out of the box.

Over a bunch of chrono sessions at room temperature with green gas my first shot is circa 300fps @ 0.2g, then over the next 10-15 rounds the MWS makes it's way to 270fps +/- 10fps @ 0.2g. Does 270fps on green sound right and is the FPS fluctuation just everything breaking in?

Cheers!

11 hours ago, Boristhedriver said:

Just looking for some recommendations for good mag pouches. I run 6 spare mags and find the weight pulls the mags and my current pouches away from my plate carrier. I've tried HSGI TACOs and the osprey issue pouches so far. What rigs does everyone else run?

Pictures courtesy of RIFT Airsoft (Com Site 3), ran my blackhawk set at the weekend as i was also running my m60 (mixed loadout half mag carry, half loose BB's and grenades) but also have a crye jpc with my TACO's on. 

IMG_6891.JPG

IMG_6906.JPG

Esstac double inserts in my double pouches in the warrior falcon chest rig and got an esstac pistol/556 on my belt. Lovely bit of kit. Not cheap, but work a treat

5 hours ago, SSPKali said:

MWS mags back in stock at Firesupport today 😀

And they are gone already.......

Wow

Hello,

I have decided to HPA tap my beloved MWS. I am still running it stock (apart from the brass nub and tan bucking upgrade). What sort of FPS can i push it to without risking damaging the internals?

I am thinking of adding the following upgrades, what are peoples thoughts? Will this allow me to run at 350 fps?

https://eagle6.co.uk/shop/catalog/product/view/id/6009/s/guns-modify-enhanced-drop-in-complete-nozzle-set-marui-mws/

https://eagle6.co.uk/shop/catalog/product/view/id/4122/s/angrygun-high-speed-buffer-weight-for-m4-gas-blowback-machine-gun-series/

I’m running reliably at 350 FPS on green gas (Red gas if it’s very cold) with nothing more than a tight bore barrel and an NPAS.  I could probably run higher, as there is still room to adjust the NPAS further, but I would need to lock it to semi before I tried and I don’t want to semi lock this gun.

My next Airsoft project will be an MWS mk12 DMR build and I think I can easily get to 450 on mostly stock internals.

One comment, on HPA it’s not necessary the FPS that causes problems, the potential for insane rates of fire can put a lot of stress on the internal parts. Keep the ROF realistic/sensible and at 350 FPS the stock parts should be fine.

Guys, I receive an email from my sponsor store saying that they have m4's mags on stock. 

I dont know if the already up the stock in the online site. But they will do it today or tomorrow I think.

www.combatevirtual.com

https://combatevirtual.biz/pt/low-real-caps/4381-tokyo-marui-m4a1-mws-35rd-gas-magazine-2568000001895.html?search_query=mws&results=20

6 hours ago, AgriVulture said:

Hello,

I have decided to HPA tap my beloved MWS. I am still running it stock (apart from the brass nub and tan bucking upgrade). What sort of FPS can i push it to without risking damaging the internals?

I am thinking of adding the following upgrades, what are peoples thoughts? Will this allow me to run at 350 fps?

https://eagle6.co.uk/shop/catalog/product/view/id/6009/s/guns-modify-enhanced-drop-in-complete-nozzle-set-marui-mws/

https://eagle6.co.uk/shop/catalog/product/view/id/4122/s/angrygun-high-speed-buffer-weight-for-m4-gas-blowback-machine-gun-series/

Probably better off working that out through PSI, Green Gas is around 110 PSI and the MWS can handle that for the most part although some parts do eventually break (such as the plastic buffer and the nozzle return spring). If you need more FPS at 110 PSI than a tightbore barrel or NPAS would be the way to go. Also consider your joule limits for your site, I can reach my sites joule limits on the stock TM nozzle by increasing my BB weight.

18 hours ago, DowntownSIX said:

Hi Folk,

Long time lurker, finally pulled the trigger on an MWS last week after my trusty TM MP7 destroyed itself. I grabbed a new one while they were on sale at Firesupport so I have the revised bolt shooting <300fps - it's a little low but not a huge problem, however, I had read so many accounts of the legendary MWS consistency before picking one up that mine seems a bit ify out of the box.

Over a bunch of chrono sessions at room temperature with green gas my first shot is circa 300fps @ 0.2g, then over the next 10-15 rounds the MWS makes it's way to 270fps +/- 10fps @ 0.2g. Does 270fps on green sound right and is the FPS fluctuation just everything breaking in?

Cheers!

Yep +1 on this, I'm still a Mws noob and I was wondering the same - I'm basically stock less an angry gun MPA nozzle running on Coleman propane shooting 340fps on a new mag with 0.3 BLS precision bb's ending up around 30fps lower at shot 35.  Is this normal and if so how can you get consistently and accuracy with such wide variables?

Cheers

4 minutes ago, Wild Weasel said:

Yep +1 on this, I'm still a Mws noob and I was wondering the same - I'm basically stock less an angry gun MPA nozzle running on Coleman propane shooting 340fps on a new mag with 0.3 BLS precision bb's ending up around 30fps lower at shot 35.  Is this normal and if so how can you get consistently and accuracy with such wide variables?

Cheers

You will always get some cool down with green gas it’s unavoidable. The problem is worse when the ambient temperature is lower. However 30 FPS seems a lot unless you are spamming the trigger.

Have you down the green gas mod to your mags? If you have you may just be over filling them (do you see a lot of gas vapour come from the barrel and ejection port when firing?) This makes the cool down a lot worse.

Alternatively try running red gas and using the NPAS to regulate FPS. Red gas is less susceptible to low ambient temperature.

Final thought, consistency does get better with use as the silicone in the green gas penetrates and softens/swells the rubber bucking.

1 hour ago, Cyberlawyer said:

You will always get some cool down with green gas it’s unavoidable. The problem is worse when the ambient temperature is lower. However 30 FPS seems a lot unless you are spamming the trigger.

Have you down the green gas mod to your mags? If you have you may just be over filling them (do you see a lot of gas vapour come from the barrel and ejection port when firing?) This makes the cool down a lot worse.

Alternatively try running red gas and using the NPAS to regulate FPS. Red gas is less susceptible to low ambient temperature.

Final thought, consistency does get better with use as the silicone in the green gas penetrates and softens/swells the rubber bucking.

Nice one thanks.

Hey Guys,

New here i recently bought a mws M4A1.

It looks like i just need to buy the brass nub for a good skirmable replica.

Who can sell me one? The website didn't responde yet...

Otherwise it would be the Omega nub mod.

Thanks!

4 minutes ago, JLO1 said:

Hey Guys,

New here i recently bought a mws M4A1.

It looks like i just need to buy the brass nub for a good skirmable replica.

Who can sell me one? The website didn't responde yet...

Otherwise it would be the Omega nub mod.

Thanks!

@Davegolf is your man for the nub mate.

On 29/01/2020 at 14:44, sonofsammo said:

What's wrong with this picture?
Yup, that's right! It's fucked!
So I have to replace the nozzle set - any advantage (other than availability) to going non TM?
And if not, anyone know who has the TM nozzle kit in stock?
TIA 😁

IMG_20200129_183538.jpg

IMG_20200129_194759.jpg

take pliers and create new end loops? good for another thousand rounds.. you can get a new complete oem BCG from impulse101 for $65 USD...  and i dont think that nozzle is OEM.. what FPS are you reaching on propane?

10 hours ago, Hypokondrikern said:

for those that got the RA-tech npas - did you see an improvement in consistency as well?

Not sure exactly what you mean. If you are referring to consistency between shots then no, it makes no difference. The most consistent option is probably the stock valve as it has no moving parts that can get moved out of position (I haven’t had this problem with the MWS version of the NPAS, but on the WE version there are reports of the screw working loose during firing and thus the FPS changing.)

If you mean between skirmishes or changes to different brands/types of gas, the NPAS will mean your rifle has much more consistent FPS as you can adjust it to take account of different gas pressures or ambient temperatures (it only takes 5 or 10 minutes with a chrono) so you can always be under site limits, but never so down on power that you can’t hit anyone beyond 10 metres.

Any idea if this will fit straight onto the MWS? the 'special design' note is concerning me.

https://www.fire-support.co.uk/product/angry-gun-bc-mcmr-13-m-lok-rail

Anyone have experience between this and a geissele repro? https://www.haoptwart.com/product-page/hao-mk16-m-lok-handguard

I have the hao rail on a 416 and like it a lot but fancy a full BCM style build. I have the pts rail adaptor if this makes any difference.

Cheers.

3 minutes ago, Jammanic said:

Any idea if this will fit straight onto the MWS? the 'special design' note is concerning me.

https://www.fire-support.co.uk/product/angry-gun-bc-mcmr-13-m-lok-rail

Anyone have experience between this and a geissele repro? https://www.haoptwart.com/product-page/hao-mk16-m-lok-handguard

I have the hao rail on a 416 and like it a lot but fancy a full BCM style build. I have the pts rail adaptor if this makes any difference.

Cheers.

ATRG has a review

https://atrg.blog/2019/12/14/accessory-review-hao-mk16-rail-part-one-13-5-urg-i/

I have used loads of WE green gas in my MWS. Its the same stuff as Nuprol 2.0 and it has always worked fine for me (providing the temperature was reasonable). If it’s colder then red gas (Nuprol 3) is good to keep you going.