THE TM MWS thread

Wo1f

Hi just got an M4 and i am a south paw about to change out the mag catch for an ambi and looking for recomendations for an ambi fire selector.

picked up an f-1 skeletonized receiver with trigger pack for dirt cheap. 3D printed an MWS barrel and barrel nut for the spare 250mm stock barrel. designed my own handguard. angry gun hopup and adjuster. ML packing. OEM bcg and charging handle from impulse 101. sub $300 build! 

photo_2020-01-21_19-20-58.jpg

On 26/01/2020 at 17:56, camden said:

Thanks, rocketdogbert for replying so quickly. I have the angled tool inserted at the end of the nozzle, but the whole npas unit is rotating when I turn the tool.

@camden Hold the NPAS in place with a screwdriver for example like it is shown here (and using the technique that @Cyberlawyer described)
if you don't use the vents, you can always use more force, but you will eventually end up scratching the NPAS(and possibly ruining it so don't)

On 21/01/2020 at 13:04, JamesWills said:

Recently fitted a G&P MK18 front end kit to my MWS and I am loving it ,very impressed with the quality and fit 

MWS MK18.JPG

what sight and magnifier is that? It looks really nice, much more compact than my vortex setup.

11 minutes ago, Cyberlawyer said:

what sight and magnifier is that? It looks really nice, much more compact than my vortex setup.

If you zoom in the picture you can see it's the vortex sparc ar red dot and the vortex micro 3x magnifier.  

But does anyone know if the new p mags are any good???

Also that site doesn’t inspire confidence as the heading for the black mags describes them as some sort of fore grip for a Glock.. It might just be a proof reading error, but has anyone ordered form them before?

9 minutes ago, Cyberlawyer said:

Also that site doesn’t inspire confidence as the heading for the black mags describes them as some sort of fore grip for a Glock.. It might just be a proof reading error, but has anyone ordered form them before?

JK Army are legit, no issues. Ace1Arms though, they made crap mags for the gas Vector, Very poor gas routers

12 minutes ago, Cyberlawyer said:

I've been ordering from ebairsoft for years (used to be known as ebaybanned as they sold the stuff ebay wouldn't). As long as it's in stock it will be shipped pretty fast and if any problems use paypal to get a quick refund.

I'm very tempted to give these ago but, I've tried lots of after market magazines for hi capas, and always found them to have tons of issues.

Dim question and I should know the answer, seeing as I've already changed the stock...
What sort of buffer tube does the MWS have - is it commercial or Mil spec?

(and yes, my search ability failed me...)

I'm also looking at getting one of these:
https://www.hogueinc.com/tactical-rifles/ar15/forends/carbine/ar-15-m-16-carbine-free-float-forend-with-overmolded-gripping-area-black
Will that fit without alteration, or will I need to eff about? If so, what type of effing is required?
:-D 

On 28/01/2020 at 02:03, adas1223 said:

picked up an f-1 skeletonized receiver with trigger pack for dirt cheap. 3D printed an MWS barrel and barrel nut for the spare 250mm stock barrel. designed my own handguard. angry gun hopup and adjuster. ML packing. OEM bcg and charging handle from impulse 101. sub $300 build! 

photo_2020-01-21_19-20-58.jpg

Front looks like a sten gun, the back looks like a GHK G5.  Does nowt for me I am afraid but each to their own.

53 minutes ago, sonofsammo said:

Dim question and I should know the answer, seeing as I've already changed the stock...
What sort of buffer tube does the MWS have - is it commercial or Mil spec?

(and yes, my search ability failed me...)

I'm also looking at getting one of these:
https://www.hogueinc.com/tactical-rifles/ar15/forends/carbine/ar-15-m-16-carbine-free-float-forend-with-overmolded-gripping-area-black
Will that fit without alteration, or will I need to eff about? If so, what type of effing is required?
😄

it´s mil spec

13 hours ago, sonofsammo said:

What's wrong with this picture?
Yup, that's right! It's fucked!
So I have to replace the nozzle set - any advantage (other than availability) to going non TM?
And if not, anyone know who has the TM nozzle kit in stock?
TIA 😁

IMG_20200129_183538.jpg

IMG_20200129_194759.jpg

It just looks like your nozzle spring snapped? If it's only that then it's not biggy.

Just looking for some recommendations for good mag pouches. I run 6 spare mags and find the weight pulls the mags and my current pouches away from my plate carrier. I've tried HSGI TACOs and the osprey issue pouches so far. What rigs does everyone else run?

Pictures courtesy of RIFT Airsoft (Com Site 3), ran my blackhawk set at the weekend as i was also running my m60 (mixed loadout half mag carry, half loose BB's and grenades) but also have a crye jpc with my TACO's on. 

IMG_6891.JPG

IMG_6906.JPG

35 minutes ago, Uncle Pauly said:

I use Warrior Quick Mag pouches. Very good (as you'd expect from "real steel"), but a little expensive. I'm sure cheaper clones are available that function just as well, or near enough.

9408.jpg.957465f2ebc4339933e8fe9949010098.jpg

How well do they handle the extra weight of MWS mags?

31 minutes ago, Boristhedriver said:

How well do they handle the extra weight of MWS mags?

Absolutely fine for me. They're designed for real steel 5.56mm mags and have very sturdy MOLLE attachment on the reverse. If you're interested, I'd recommend buying just one (or finding one second hand) to test them out before taking the plunge, which is what I did. Mag pouches can be a fairly personal preference and what works for me might be less well-suited to you.

Speaking of which, the MOLLE webbing on your chest rig will play a key role in how well your mag pouches attach. You mention that the weight of the mags is pulling your pouches away from your plate carrier... there's no chance of that the way mine are fixed, which could be to do with the pouches but also perhaps the plate carrier itself (also Warrior in my case).

Hope that helps 👍

PS: edit to add that the Warrior pouches are fairly 'grabby' - i.e. the mags stay quite firmly in the pouches without needing to use the little bungee retainers they come bundled with. If you're into tactical reloads then you might prefer a moulded plastic pouch like the ITW Fastmag (or similar clone).

The Warrior ones are a clone of the HSGI Tacos but, in my opinion, not as good as the Tacos. 

It sounds to me like you aren’t weaving the pouches on properly if they are coming off the plate carrier- can you post a close up of how they are attached? With any pouch I’ve ever used, the chances of them coming away from the plate carrier is zero...

I use warriors but slightly different, they are great well made pouches. 

I recently wanted to carry a mag on my belt so I brought a viper vx mag pouch for £8 I thought at the least I can use it for my speedloader. I was very surprised to see that it was perfect for mws mag it holds them tight but you can draw from them with ease. Not only that when it's not in use they sit flat. 

I have both the Taco’s and the Warrior ones. Both are fine and as made for real steel will easily hold an MWS mag. Personally I find the Taco’s to be slightly better, but it’s really marginal and not justified by the extra cost compared to the Warrior ones.