THE TM MWS thread

Wo1f

On 28/05/2019 at 19:38, _FIL_ said:

Realized I never posted a picture of my MTR16 here.

Just ignore the odd colors at both ends.

Sadly they have to be painted this way due to legal reasons, as its demanded by law.

MTR.jpg

I'm not alone whit the Shiny colors :) 

1 hour ago, _FIL_ said:

True story 🤣

I am based in Porto what about you @Laborda?

Portugal car****

Hehe. Leiria. I'm from SOD Team. 

Do people still refill their Coleman propane tanks even though it says all over the can not to refill?

IMG_0757.JPG

IMG_0758.JPG

I do. As long as you do it in a safe and well ventilated area you should be alright. 
I keep an eye on mine as they’re filling and weigh them as I go, this makes sure I don’t pump too much gas in. They can be charged with more gas than what they come with from new. 

Over the past few years they’ve begun producing them with one way valves which prevents you from refilling. I have a couple which won’t take so much as a breath of fresh propane, even using the pre-chilling method. 

I’m quite lucky as I have 3 cans which are older. 

@Bada Bing How are you? 

I have to ask you something. 

In my team, we have a lot of members whit Systema PTW. But some of them are thinking of switching to weapons with Blowback. 

I've already  decide and bought a MWS. But the rest of my team are only considering the GBLS. 

I've already give them my opinion that for the difference in price, it doesn't pay to buy a GBLS when there is the MWS option. 

I also showed them your MWS review video. 

I know they are different weapons, but in your honest opinion, is the difference in prices between the two weapons justified? 

Is GBLS that much better than MWS? 

I ask you this because I think that you  have a GHK vs GBLS video and a GHK vs MWs, but dont have a MWS vs GBLS. 

Thank´s

1 hour ago, Laborda said:

The GBLS is very interesting.

Not wanting to pre-empt Mr Bing's reply (), but my own hesitation about the GBLS system concerns the availability of replacement parts. If my MWS breaks, I can obtain new parts for it relatively easily (and fit them relatively easily too). I'm not sure whether that's the case with the GBLS - I'd imagine not - and that for me is something of a risk for a RIF costing £1600 (because something will break eventually).

In terms of 'shootability', I have no idea as I've never used one. But they do look like a helluva lot of fun.

15 hours ago, Uncle Pauly said:

The GBLS is very interesting.

Not wanting to pre-empt Mr Bing's reply (), but my own hesitation about the GBLS system concerns the availability of replacement parts. If my MWS breaks, I can obtain new parts for it relatively easily (and fit them relatively easily too). I'm not sure whether that's the case with the GBLS - I'd imagine not - and that for me is something of a risk for a RIF costing £1600 (because something will break eventually).

In terms of 'shootability', I have no idea as I've never used one. But they do look like a helluva lot of fun.

Here in PT we already have some people whit GBLS. But all of them say that GBLS have some performance issues. 

But the facti is that who said this, are people that before GBLS uses Systema PTW.  So... after using a Systema, I believe that any weapon will have permormance issues 😂 

My only doubt is if GBLS really doesn't have such a good performance as a system yet, if it pays to give so much money for it, having the GBBR's alternative. 

23 hours ago, Laborda said:

@Bada Bing How are you? 

I have to ask you something. 

In my team, we have a lot of members whit Systema PTW. But some of them are thinking of switching to weapons with Blowback. 

I've already  decide and bought a MWS. But the rest of my team are only considering the GBLS. 

I've already give them my opinion that for the difference in price, it doesn't pay to buy a GBLS when there is the MWS option. 

I also showed them your MWS review video. 

I know they are different weapons, but in your honest opinion, is the difference in prices between the two weapons justified? 

I ask you this because I think that you  have a GHK vs GBLS video and a GHK vs MWs, but dont have a MWS vs GBLS. 

Thank´s

Hiya, 

I’m cool thanks. 
The main reasons why I didn’t put the GBLS against the Marui MWS is because I had a limited amount of time that I was allowed to review the rifle and as the most realistic AEG I wanted to put it up against the most realistic GBBR I had. So that was the GHK M4. 

The best reasons to go for the GBLS is you don’t have to deal with all the hassle that comes with GBBRs. The physics of using system that is reliant on compressed gas which can fluctuate performance depending on environmental changes is an ongoing threat that you have to accept. 

Unless HPA sounds appealing to you...but that doesn’t sound like your cup of coffee at all. HPA’s for nerds anyway 😛 

I think a lot of people here would agree that the MWS has the upper hand purely because it’s soooo user serviceable, and it’s got a vast supply of upgrades available to it. I can’t think of anything more frightening than stripping down a GDR-15 to its bare components. So in that regard the GBLS is certainly not better. 

There’s a million ways to break it down but it’s still an AEG. I found the stock range to be excellent. Over hopping 0.30g’s to roughly 70m. Accuracy was no better than my TM Recoil SCAR L. 

Is it that much better than an MWS? no it’s not. 

If your teammates aren’t comfortable with going gas, despite how cool your MWS shreds people, and they aren’t spooked out by spending almost £2k on the GBLS, they should go for it. 
The justification to spend that amount of money is the excuse to not have to deal with the issues that we happily take on the chin. The flip side of that coin is like Systema PTW’s/expensive cars, parts and servicing cannot be done on the cheap.

That’s what it boils down to, off the top of my head anyway. Hope that helps.  

24 minutes ago, Bada Bing said:

Hiya, 

I’m cool thanks. 
The main reasons why I didn’t put the GBLS against the Marui MWS is because I had a limited amount of time that I was allowed to review the rifle and as the most realistic AEG I wanted to put it up against the most realistic GBBR I had. So that was the GHK M4. 

The best reasons to go for the GBLS is you don’t have to deal with all the hassle that comes with GBBRs. The physics of using system that is reliant on compressed gas which can fluctuate performance depending on environmental changes is an ongoing threat that you have to accept. 

Unless HPA sounds appealing to you...but that doesn’t sound like your cup of coffee at all. HPA’s for nerds anyway 😛 

I think a lot of people here would agree that the MWS has the upper hand purely because it’s soooo user serviceable, and it’s got a vast supply of upgrades available to it. I can’t think of anything more frightening than stripping down a GDR-15 to its bare components. So in that regard the GBLS is certainly not better. 

There’s a million ways to break it down but it’s still an AEG. I found the stock range to be excellent. Over hopping 0.30g’s to roughly 70m. Accuracy was no better than my TM Recoil SCAR L. 

Is it that much better than an MWS? no it’s not. 

If your teammates aren’t comfortable with going gas, despite how cool your MWS shreds people, and they aren’t spooked out by spending almost £2k on the GBLS, they should go for it. 
The justification to spend that amount of money is the excuse to not have to deal with the issues that we happily take on the chin. The flip side of that coin is like Systema PTW’s/expensive cars, parts and servicing cannot be done on the cheap.

That’s what it boils down to, off the top of my head anyway. Hope that helps.  

Thanks for the feedback. 

That helps a lot.  👌 

34 minutes ago, Laborda said:

Thanks for the feedback. 

That helps a lot.  👌 

Also, I would argue that Portugal is not the worst country to be playing with GBBR since we don't get harsh temperatures(at least near the coast) like in some other countries.

So the cooldown effect is not as big/harsh.

Also in summer with temperatures like 35º they really come alive.

On 10/01/2020 at 20:12, sonofsammo said:

Quick question - has anyone used these in their MWS:
https://www.bztactical.co.uk/asg-blaster-devil-0-36g-airsoft-bb-3000-pcs-in-bottle
And if so, how did you find them? I'm looking for a cheaper alternative to Geoff's/Longbow...

I use green devils. Not sure if they are cheaper than Geoffs though

hey guys, i'm having some issues with my mags. 

I did the greengas mod and i'm still having trouble to shoot more than 30 rounds with it (inside). 

When i fill i hear it fill up pretty quickly then i still hear a little his when i put it by my ear but im not sure it its still filling. I can keep the can on it for a minute and i still hear it filling really slowly. 

The only other thing i did was put a small o-ring in the fill valve to have a silent fill. (i do this for all my hi capa mags aswel) 

How long do you guys do to fill a mag with greengas? 

Thanks in advance

27 minutes ago, itsme said:

hey guys, i'm having some issues with my mags. 

I did the greengas mod and i'm still having trouble to shoot more than 30 rounds with it (inside). 

When i fill i hear it fill up pretty quickly then i still hear a little his when i put it by my ear but im not sure it its still filling. I can keep the can on it for a minute and i still hear it filling really slowly. 

The only other thing i did was put a small o-ring in the fill valve to have a silent fill. (i do this for all my hi capa mags aswel) 

How long do you guys do to fill a mag with greengas? 

Thanks in advance

I had the same issue as I was worried of overfilling but now I fill the mags until they spurt gas from the fill valve, normally 20-25 seconds from empty then about 8 seconds for a top up.

10 minutes ago, Whisky1 said:

I had the same issue as I was worried of overfilling but now I fill the mags until they spurt gas from the fill valve, normally 20-25 seconds from empty then about 8 seconds for a top up.

bacause of the o ring it doesnt spit out gas anymore so i don't get a visual indicator for when it's full. gonna do some more testing. 

Hi there! I'm having some trouble with my TM MWS! Unfortunately it seems to almost be short stroking on semi auto, leading to random uncontrollable bursts of full auto. I recently installed an NPAS and the problem got worse (it was there before). Could it also be some problem with my sears? Before it was mostly a problem when the gas was low, now it happens on a full mag. Thank you! 

16 hours ago, Rawrcakkes said:

Hi there! I'm having some trouble with my TM MWS! Unfortunately it seems to almost be short stroking on semi auto, leading to random uncontrollable bursts of full auto. I recently installed an NPAS and the problem got worse (it was there before). Could it also be some problem with my sears? Before it was mostly a problem when the gas was low, now it happens on a full mag. Thank you! 

Hi, i did hear from random burst in semi from an AMG tuning experiment video. He meant this problem is coming from the bolt where it hits the hammer. If its sqashed to much it doesnt recycle the hammer fully. He recomended a lighter hammer spring in combination with his magazin valve and flute valve for the nozzle. And check if the nozzle valve spring is not stuck. Had full auto trouble because of this, as well in semi when it got stuck

Hi , 

I have leak gas to one magazine. O-ring is the MGG2-79 part. 

Somebody know measure to this o-ring ?

8 minutes ago, marine said:

Hi , 

I have leak gas to one magazine. O-ring is the MGG2-79 part. 

Somebody know measure to this o-ring ?

Have you tried putting a blob of silicon on the valve?