THE TM MWS thread

Wo1f

22 hours ago, camden said:

Has anyone installed this ambi selector:  http://www.wiitech.com.hk/product-detail.shtml?product_id=539&path=57_145

I am a lefty and would quite like to go 'safe' without moving my shooting hand too much. I have the CQBR lower (probably exactly the same as the M4A1 lower?)

I fitted the AngryGun one as I shoot left handed as well, was a pretty simple job and seems to work fine.

There are some good vids on YouTube showing how to do it. Eagle6 is my go-to.

I also added a larger bolt release so I can manipulate it with my left hand after putting a fresh mag in with my right.

Hi Guys, 

My first post here. I'm from Portugal so, sorry if I write something wrong.

I had find this topic searching about the MWS in the net and I'm very happy to see a lot of info about it. 

I recently bought my CQBR Block 1 (1 week ago) and I'm reading all I can't because is my first M4 GBB.

My last weapon was a Systema PTW. 

I'm will follow this topic every day and hopefully exchange some ideas with the rest of you guys. 

For now, I will do all the mod's that you guys advice here, like the green gas mod, and the 3 most important upgrades. 

• PDI Raven 6.01 mm
  • Maple Leaf 60º  Decepticons Bucking 
  • Nub (I already send an email for the SixG Super Nub, but dont receive any replay till now) 

EDIT: 

I read something now saying that, if we only use 0.28g bbs max. It'ss not need to change nothing internaly. So... my question is:

I pretend to use Sturgeon or G&G 0.28g bb's. If I change the barrel and bucking I will see any improvment regarding precision and range? 

Now a photo of my "baby". 

I will do some changings, like DD Mk18 ris, and magpull grip. When it's done, I will put some photo here. 

asmWvs0.jpg

I thought I’ll let you know that after installing a 370mm 6.03 inner and a KWA rocket valve + spring I had laying around from my other projects, the rifle shoots now [email protected] on power up green gas. Seems like a budget power up upgrade. Good thing about it is that the blow back is not much stronger than in stock, so no additional wear and tear.

BTW I’ve bought the rifle for Xmas, got a nice almost unused MWS with 9 mags for £700. I call it a steal.

My upgrades for now are:

- 370mm unbridged vfc psalm 144:1 barrel

- pink autobot bucking

- maple leaf omega nub

- green gas mod on all mags

- DP green sealing buffer

- DP nozzle spring set

I don’t plan on changing it much visually, I like the stock US Army issue form. 

50994B4C-D501-4B58-8475-FF64717BC0B2.jpeg

5AD83A5F-E405-4FF4-A15B-7E76BB4CC3CB.jpeg

Hi,

New forum member here. Just wondering if any one had any info on any U.K. suppliers with MWS mags in stock, or any info on when they might be available?

appreciate any info anyone might have.

6 hours ago, Cyberlawyer said:

Hi,

New forum member here. Just wondering if any one had any info on any U.K. suppliers with MWS mags in stock, or any info on when they might be available?

appreciate any info anyone might have.

they’re produced and distributed in batches, chances are the next batch will hit retailers in the next few weeks, unfortunately the gun has been a victim of its own success regarding the mags because they are always selling out.

13 hours ago, jsmithski said:

Can anyone tell me which product at rainbow8 do I need to make my trigger nice and snappy? The stock one is horrible. I don’t care for the trigger itself but the action.

I have this trigger installed:

https://www.rainbow8.com/products/uac-match-trigger-for-tm-m4a1-mws-type-a-black

Fits fine and works great.

That said, I can't vouch whether it's significantly better than the original, as I have other after-market parts fitted that also contribute to overall 'snappiness' (notably a lightweight bolt and bolt catch).

Hi, 

Can someone make a list of the parts that are needed to build an complete upper set? 

I want to change from CQBR to DMR and DMR to CQBR just by changing the upper set. 

Like... pin off, change upper, pin in... and it's done.

1 hour ago, Laborda said:

Can someone make a list of the parts that are needed to build an complete upper set? 

Quite possible, but not off the top of my head! 🙂 (others here may have a more encyclopaedic knowledge of this).

Bolt carrier group, barrel/hop unit and trigger box mechanism are obviously the main component groups, but if you're wanting a list of every single part (down to screws) then I'd suggest your best options are to either:

1. Trawl through sites like Eagle6 and Rainbow8 and make a note of what parts are available; or
  2. Just consider buying a 'spare' MWS, keeping the the upper and selling off the lower (I'm sure someone here would have it).

42 minutes ago, Uncle Pauly said:

Quite possible, but not off the top of my head! 🙂 (others here may have a more encyclopaedic knowledge of this).

Bolt carrier group, barrel/hop unit and trigger box mechanism are obviously the main component groups, but if you're wanting a list of every single part (down to screws) then I'd suggest your best options are to either:

1. Trawl through sites like Eagle6 and Rainbow8 and make a note of what parts are available; or
  2. Just consider buying a 'spare' MWS, keeping the the upper and selling off the lower (I'm sure someone here would have it).

Hi. Thanks for the info. 

No, I don't want the complete list peice by piece. That is a lot of work.

I just need to know the most important parts, then I will search what I need to assemble that parts. Like ,screws :) 

On 04/01/2020 at 07:23, DopeYourScope said:

they’re produced and distributed in batches, chances are the next batch will hit retailers in the next few weeks, unfortunately the gun has been a victim of its own success regarding the mags because they are always selling out.

Eagle six have just got a delivery today of mws mags

Thanks for the info. I have just put an order in.

Out of curiosity how many mags do people run for skirmishing? Currently planning on 9 (6 on plate carrier, 2 on belt and one in the gun). I have the option of running 13 (10 on plate 2 on belt and one I the gun), but I’m concerned that the weight will start to limit my mobility. 

1 hour ago, Cyberlawyer said:

Out of curiosity how many mags do people run for skirmishing? Currently planning on 9 (6 on plate carrier, 2 on belt and one in the gun). I have the option of running 13 (10 on plate 2 on belt and one I the gun), but I’m concerned that the weight will start to limit my mobility. 

Wow 13!!! Are you the worlds strongest man!! I run 7 mags and that is heavy. Better to choose your shots wisely and use tactics to find better firing positions than to collapse in a sweaty heap as you are carrying your own weight in Mags 👍

Thanks guys,

Not too worried about my ability to get through the day humping the kit (I’ve done worse) more about the fact that it may slow me down from a run to a nice sniper friendly jog. Also the extra two mag pouches fitted to my plate are quite bulky in confined places.

Ill stick with 9 for now and see how it goes, easy enough to sling the extra mags and pouches in my bag and fit them to my plate during the day if I find I keep running out of ammo.

36 minutes ago, Cyberlawyer said:

Thanks guys,

Not too worried about my ability to get through the day humping the kit (I’ve done worse) more about the fact that it may slow me down from a run to a nice sniper friendly jog. Also the extra two mag pouches fitted to my plate are quite bulky in confined places.

Ill stick with 9 for now and see how it goes, easy enough to sling the extra mags and pouches in my bag and fit them to my plate during the day if I find I keep running out of ammo.

I only run 7 and I find that enough.

All depends on the type of game. Milsims may not require lot of ammo. Skirmishes usually need more but then you’re close to off game and can reload any time. I would say 6-7 mags are enough if you CAN shoot :) additional ones are just there to allow full auto dumps from time to time.

16 hours ago, Laborda said:

I just need to know the most important parts, then I will search what I need to assemble that parts. Like ,screws :) 

Ah! Got it. In which case you probably want to to break it down into something like:

• Upper receiver (i.e. the metal housing)
  • Inner barrel
  • Hop unit (incl. rubber and nub)
  • Outer barrel
  • Hand guard rail (upper and lower sections)
  • Guard rail fixings
  • Bolt assembly
  • Nozzle, seal and springs
  • Charging handle
  • Buffer

...and probably some other stuff I've forgotten.

Ultimately, you're going to be limited to whatever parts are available. So I still think your best bet is to search on Eagle6, Rainbow8 etc and make a list of what can be bought 'off the shelf'. If you're patient, I'm sure you can cobble everything together eventually, but it might end up costing more than just buying another MWS and selling on the lower (especially if you buy second hand). That's what I'd do and be done with it. But I'm impatient!

14 hours ago, Cyberlawyer said:

7 in total: 6 on my chest rig and one in the gun. I play mostly CQB and find that I rarely get through more than 4 mags by lunchtime; and could probably last all day without reloading if I chose my shots more carefully. But then I play the same way with an AEG. I'm not much into spraying and praying or even suppressing, etc. I leave that to the lads with hi-caps and drum mags 🙂

15 hours ago, Cyberlawyer said:

I run 3 on the vest,  2 on the belt and 1 in the gun , and I very rarely use them all. As mentioned above pick your shots , learn your distances ie max range.  

6 hours ago, Uncle Pauly said:

Ah! Got it. In which case you probably want to to break it down into something like:

• Upper receiver (i.e. the metal housing)
  • Inner barrel
  • Hop unit (incl. rubber and nub)
  • Outer barrel
  • Hand guard rail (upper and lower sections)
  • Guard rail fixings
  • Bolt assembly
  • Nozzle, seal and springs
  • Charging handle
  • Buffer

...and probably some other stuff I've forgotten.

Ultimately, you're going to be limited to whatever parts are available. So I still think your best bet is to search on Eagle6, Rainbow8 etc and make a list of what can be bought 'off the shelf'. If you're patient, I'm sure you can cobble everything together eventually, but it might end up costing more than just buying another MWS and selling on the lower (especially if you buy second hand). That's what I'd do and be done with it. But I'm impatient!

7 in total: 6 on my chest rig and one in the gun. I play mostly CQB and find that I rarely get through more than 4 mags by lunchtime; and could probably last all day without reloading if I chose my shots more carefully. But then I play the same way with an AEG. I'm not much into spraying and praying or even suppressing, etc. I leave that to the lads with hi-caps and drum mags 🙂

Thanks a lot for your help. That help's me a lot. 

Another question. 

Pmag's??? were can I find it? 

16 hours ago, Laborda said:

Pmag's??? were can I find it? 

I have no personal experience of PMags for the MWS but there have been quite a large amount of posts about people having feeding issues etc with PMags. I am sure someone with actual experience will give you the full facts but giving you a heads up.

2 hours ago, RobHedley said:

I have no personal experience of PMags for the MWS but there have been quite a large amount of posts about people having feeding issues etc with PMags. I am sure someone with actual experience will give you the full facts but giving you a heads up.

wow. I already know that they are more expensive then TM mags, but if they have feeding issues, I will stick whit the original TM mags. 

11 minutes ago, Laborda said:

wow. I already know that they are more expensive then TM mags, but if they have feeding issues, I will stick whit the original TM mags. 

unless iron airsoft has made changes then I was told to steer clear as they had a fair few issues, shame really as they could have made a killing if they were more reliable than TM for stock

3 hours ago, DopeYourScope said:

unless iron airsoft has made changes then I was told to steer clear as they had a fair few issues, shame really as they could have made a killing if they were more reliable than TM for stock

In my PTW I only use Pmags and I am very satisfied. I thought the version for MWS was also the best option.

I will stick whit the old fashion metal M4 mags :)