THE TM MWS thread

Wo1f

58 minutes ago, Immortal said:

Fire Support are selling MWS with £60 off at the mo.

£425 instead of £485...

I don’t need a third MWS, I don’t need a third MWS.....

10 hours ago, Yukarin said:

The only solution I have found thusfar is silent fill o-rings, but unfortunately when using those Full Auto becomes completely unusable. The BBs dribble out of the barrel.

I was going to see if one of my machinist friends could turn on a lathe an extender in the same shape as a nuprol can nozzle as I personally think the propane adaptors don't open the valves properly causing the leakage.

On 21/10/2019 at 15:13, Wild Weasel said:

Now, I may be crazy, but I reckon this works as well as the nozzle on a can of nuprol 2.0.  I may be wrong as I've just briefly tested it and I reckon it feels the same.

Update - getting a mag and a half to two out of one fill from a very old can of plumbers propane.  Filling is on par with a can of green gas not to say that I'm overly happy with it as it lags all over and it's hard to determine when you get that liquid spill to let you know it's full however it does reach and does fill.

I cannot find the Airsoft innovation fill adapter with three original plastic nozzle as they are all the 'improved' version with a metal nozzle. Are these an improvement over what I already have and are they worth the £25 extra?

Update, been using this for a bit now with Coleman propane, lags out everywhere like bit does the job.. 

On 21/10/2019 at 15:13, Wild Weasel said:

Screenshot_20191021-151058.png

Hello guys , how many bar has coleman´s bottle ?

I´m from spain and here not sell these propane and I must search alternatives

I use the plumbers/welders propane I guess you’d call it. Usually rothmans branded I think. Cans are tall like a GG can but thicker. 

Fire support have got a few angry gun parts in stock, the misses just ordered me a airbourne charging handle for Christmas 😁 

22 hours ago, marine said:

Hello guys , how many bar has coleman´s bottle ?

I´m from spain and here not sell these propane and I must search alternatives

hi @marine

just look for any gas called propane or mapp gas. it doesn't matter what brand, although you will need something that you can get an adapter for.

(mapp gas is typically used as a fuel source for brazing/silver soldering and therefore has the standard screw thread to fit on a blowtorch)

pressure changes a bit with temperature, which is why it's kept as a liquid inside the can/magazine by pressurising the can and therefore the magazine. so I can't really help on that front unfortunately.

2 hours ago, Crazy_Crystal said:

hi @marine

just look for any gas called propane or mapp gas. it doesn't matter what brand, although you will need something that you can get an adapter for.

(mapp gas is typically used as a fuel source for brazing/silver soldering and therefore has the standard screw thread to fit on a blowtorch)

pressure changes a bit with temperature, which is why it's kept as a liquid inside the can/magazine by pressurising the can and therefore the magazine. so I can't really help on that front unfortunately.

hi @Crazy_Crystal it´s important know pressure each propane. MAPP PRO for example has 30 bar and I think that is soo much.... 

Has anybody else found the angry gun MPA nozzle troublesome? Every time I take it to a game my gun goes down... first it was the grub screw, then it was the sealing buffer (have swapped to stock now) and today the nozzle seemed to be getting stuck in the bucking. It meant full auto just caused the mags to gas out and semi was sometimes fine, other times it wouldn’t fire (although it would bang).

Winding me up. My MWS was flawless before this and ironically my WE MP5 and G36 are yet to fail on me so my MWS has gone from my baby to this troublesome irritant.

Without meaning to state the obvious.. just run the standard bolt. Angry gun is very hit and miss

32 minutes ago, Wo1f said:

Without meaning to state the obvious.. just run the standard bolt. Angry gun is very hit and miss

Yeah of course but it’d be nice to have the flexibility to keep it at 450fps, hence the purchase!

Even more irritating, I’ve had it in and out so much with all the problems the thread seems to have worn (or maybe I over tightened) so now I can’t remove the guide from the top of the BCG 🤬

Is the MTR-16 the only MWS with an ambidextrous receiver? I love that as a feature but rest of the MTR looks god awful and I don't fancy spending the extra on an MTR just to replace all the other externals

4 hours ago, PopRocket123 said:

Is the MTR-16 the only MWS with an ambidextrous receiver? I love that as a feature but rest of the MTR looks god awful and I don't fancy spending the extra on an MTR just to replace all the other externals

Yes it is, everything else is right handed

Whoa! greetings yall. finally able to create an account! on my second build now but I managed to modify the stock BCG to hit 300fps on duster and 410fps on propane. I picked up a second oem BCG from impulse for $65 usd to choose my next set of fps numbers. amazing machines!

photo_2019-11-14_18-40-50.jpg

On 29/12/2019 at 13:00, adas1223 said:

Whoa! greetings yall. finally able to create an account! on my second build now but I managed to modify the stock BCG to hit 300fps on duster and 410fps on propane. I picked up a second oem BCG from impulse for $65 usd to choose my next set of fps numbers. amazing machines!

Cool to see you're modding the OE BCG for more FPS rather than going down the NPAS route. Any consistency or running issues?

I'm looking to build a second upper. I saw on the Eagle6 website a full upper assembly for a CQBR on there for £280 inc. barrel and handguard etc. but I only need the upper receiver and the gubbins inside. Has anyone looked into or priced this sort of thing up before? Was going to do a DMR upper I can quickly throw on. 

Also how are we semi locking lads?

Has anyone installed this ambi selector:  http://www.wiitech.com.hk/product-detail.shtml?product_id=539&path=57_145

I am a lefty and would quite like to go 'safe' without moving my shooting hand too much. I have the CQBR lower (probably exactly the same as the M4A1 lower?)

50 minutes ago, camden said:

Has anyone installed this ambi selector:  http://www.wiitech.com.hk/product-detail.shtml?product_id=539&path=57_145

I am a lefty and would quite like to go 'safe' without moving my shooting hand too much. I have the CQBR lower (probably exactly the same as the M4A1 lower?)

I use the gun modify version on my A2 (possibly the same OEM?) they work well enough although the selector action is not as crisp as the original TM part. although the wiitech part does look better quality in the photos...

I got mine from mle mart.

https://www.mlemart.com/gun-modify-steel-cnc-ambi-selector-for-tokyo-marui-m4-mws-g-i-version/