THE TM MWS thread

Wo1f

13 hours ago, Crazy_Crystal said:

the only place I could find that had any in-stock and did bulk was so I'm tactical in fleet. although their idea of bulk is 25 cans... alternatively you can just go through ebay. link for Socom Tactical

on a slightly different topic, I have also noticed recently that Hao have confirmed they will be working on a MWS system Scar L which may be interesting if you like UGG boots... 

but a different take on the mws is always nice to see 😀

I thought it was a ptw scar. Got any links to this?

apologies @Wo1f I forgot to put the link in. it was just a small comment at the end of the article;

"On the other hand, don’t expect this to be the end of their SCAR plans. HAO’s CEO also mentioned an MWS SCAR will follow the PTW.”

https://www.google.com/amp/s/thereptilehouseblog.com/2019/12/11/hao-scar-ptw/amp/

so probably not soon, but possibly in the next few years.

My mws with a lightweight bolt carrier doesn't like anything but nuprol 3.0 this time of the year, I've tried most gases and abbey brut seems very weak even tho it's advertised as their most powerful gas. 

Will probably have to move to black as it gets colder.

What you guys using currently? 

It was around 7 degrees today and I was running Vertex. With the Angry Gun MPA as open as I could whilst still feeling decent resistance on the grub screw I was getting around 285fps with .43s (that converts to around 400fps on .2)

Annoyingly, I had a few issues today that are worth putting in here to help people.

1. This has been spoken about on here but the Angry gun MPA nozzle wasn’t returning quickly upon firing. This seems to cause double feeds, jams etc. And eventually all my mags to gas out on the first shot.  Upon investigation, this was because of the sealing cup is it called? I haven’t swapped it out with the stock Marui one, but instead put a bit of silicone oil around it, as well as on my thumb and put that around the chamber it slides into. The result was it going from slowly returning (bad) to pinging back almost instantly (good). Not convinced you need to replace with the TM one, will see if it keeps working with the lube.

2. The Modify Tan bucking has broken. I’m actually kind of surprised by this as I’ve only taken it out to maybe half a dozen games, and given that I play single shot marksman role and often swap to another gun half way through, it can’t have had that many rounds through it. Will put another in and see how it goes (wish it wasn’t so hard to get the front off!).

3 hours ago, RossF said:

It was around 7 degrees today and I was running Vertex. With the Angry Gun MPA as open as I could whilst still feeling decent resistance on the grub screw I was getting around 285fps with .43s (that converts to around 400fps on .2)

Annoyingly, I had a few issues today that are worth putting in here to help people.

1. This has been spoken about on here but the Angry gun MPA nozzle wasn’t returning quickly upon firing. This seems to cause double feeds, jams etc. And eventually all my mags to gas out on the first shot.  Upon investigation, this was because of the sealing cup is it called? I haven’t swapped it out with the stock Marui one, but instead put a bit of silicone oil around it, as well as on my thumb and put that around the chamber it slides into. The result was it going from slowly returning (bad) to pinging back almost instantly (good). Not convinced you need to replace with the TM one, will see if it keeps working with the lube.

2. The Modify Tan bucking has broken. I’m actually kind of surprised by this as I’ve only taken it out to maybe half a dozen games, and given that I play single shot marksman role and often swap to another gun half way through, it can’t have had that many rounds through it. Will put another in and see how it goes (wish it wasn’t so hard to get the front off!).

I had issue's with the modify tan, I only ran it for a little while maybe 1000 rounds at best.

I can't recommend the modify x range enough, the accuracy and consistency is miles above the traditional mound style buckings. I'm not sure how long it will last but for £8 it's worth ago. 

Guest Yukarin
3 hours ago, RossF said:

While my MPA nozzle worked fine with its sealing buffer with lots of lube. I prefer to run my MWS as dry as possible so the barrel and bucking don't get dirty. So i swapped back to the stock sealing buffer.

23 minutes ago, Whisky1 said:

I had issue's with the modify tan, I only ran it for a little while maybe 1000 rounds at best.

I can't recommend the modify x range enough, the accuracy and consistency is miles above the traditional mound style buckings. I'm not sure how long it will last but for £8 it's worth ago. 

Are you using it with the SixG nub, what sort of inner barrel too?

27 minutes ago, EvilMonkee said:

My mate - its too cold today for gas guns....its 5 degrees..

My MWS - hold my beer....

I was running my MWS until my issues then swapped to my MP7 and HK45 which performed as beautifully as ever. I’m yet to see evidence of this “gas guns don’t work in winter” filth peoole bang on about! Even had the MP7 on full auto!

3 hours ago, RossF said:

I deffo didnt have the range that I usually get with it but it was still good enough.

The GHK AK struggled until around 1300 when it had warmed up a wee bit, then it was fine.  Got some really nice long range kills with it, but its a lot heavier in the bolt carrier group than the MWS.  The TM AKM will be very interesting.

1 hour ago, Yukarin said:

While my MPA nozzle worked fine with its sealing buffer with lots of lube. I prefer to run my MWS as dry as possible so the barrel and bucking don't get dirty. So i swapped back to the stock sealing buffer.

Are you using it with the SixG nub, what sort of inner barrel too?

Yes got the SixG nub and standard barrel, I have seen that the x range buckings need a large window.

Had quite a few Modify Tan failures now, the material seems to tear easily.

@Whisky1 you only mentioned the Mod X to be accurate at 35M so far, has this improved?

Standard TM with Super Nub give effective 50M+

The Mod tan with Super Nub improved on that effective range by giving slightly better gas consistency, so better shot placement consistency on the vertical plane.

Mine ran great at the night game on Saturday. 4 degrees and briefly snowing ran on propane topped up with some Mapp gas. 

The modify tan does seem to wear down quicker, but the results are great. I think I’ll get the other modify bucking and run some tests. I’ll post up what results I get. 

1 hour ago, Davegolf said:

Had quite a few Modify Tan failures now, the material seems to tear easily.

@Whisky1 you only mentioned the Mod X to be accurate at 35M so far, has this improved?

Standard TM with Super Nub give effective 50M+

The Mod tan with Super Nub improved on that effective range by giving slightly better gas consistency, so better shot placement consistency on the vertical plane.

I believe that was the someone else Dave. 

I personally have shot out to 60-70 metres accurately with the X range, if anything I'd say it gives you a flatter trajectory for longer then the tm standard.

This is now my go to rubber....🤔😅

Just had a look at the Modify X Range of Buckings. Very interesting approach but as @Davegolf states hopefully made of a slightly more robust material. I have 2 spare Modify Tan buckings but will look at getting one of these for my DMR Build.

8 hours ago, Wo1f said:

Mine ran great at the night game on Saturday. 4 degrees and briefly snowing ran on propane topped up with some Mapp gas. 

The modify tan does seem to wear down quicker, but the results are great. I think I’ll get the other modify bucking and run some tests. I’ll post up what results I get. 

@wo1f can I ask what Propane adaptor you are using? Any changes to the mag fill valves? 

TIA

Just now, SSPKali said:

@wo1f can I ask what Propane adaptor you are using? Any changes to the mag fill valves? 

TIA

Airsoft innovations. The tan coloured plastic one. Done the green gas mod (cutting the tubes down, not removing). Nothing to the valve itself. 

Hi guys, I would like to try propane with the MWS. Has anyone done it? If so, what bottles have you used and at what temperatures?

29 minutes ago, marine said:

Hi guys, I would like to try propane with the MWS. Has anyone done it? If so, what bottles have you used and at what temperatures?

propane is something a fair few of us have tried. The main issue is getting a bottle adaptor to work with the MWS mags.

i use Coleman’s propane for my pistol and gas sniper rifle I buy it from GoOutdoors for £9 for a 400g bottle. 
With so many people having issues I’m going to have a look into a solution hopefully we can work it out and we can all save money 

19 minutes ago, DopeYourScope said:

propane is something a fair few of us have tried. The main issue is getting a bottle adaptor to work with the MWS mags.

i use Coleman’s propane for my pistol and gas sniper rifle I buy it from GoOutdoors for £9 for a 400g bottle. 
With so many people having issues I’m going to have a look into a solution hopefully we can work it out and we can all save money 

I have bought the airsoft innovations adapter and now my question is that bottle buy that works well but does not exceed pressure

I am having a little trouble with the rear takedown pin wanting to part company a little too easily... I have the small spring that is supposed to retain it, but is there a pin or guide that I am missing? If it is just the tiny spring the retains the rear takedown pin, what's the correct way of installing it?
Thanks 🤗

EDIT: It looks like I may be missing part MGG2-141, the spring should slip onto this and prevent the pin from leaving the lower.

Guest Yukarin
3 hours ago, DopeYourScope said:

The only solution I have found thusfar is silent fill o-rings, but unfortunately when using those Full Auto becomes completely unusable. The BBs dribble out of the barrel.

2 hours ago, tokyo-joe said:

I am having a little trouble with the rear takedown pin wanting to part company a little too easily... I have the small spring that is supposed to retain it, but is there a pin or guide that I am missing? If it is just the tiny spring the retains the rear takedown pin, what's the correct way of installing it?
Thanks 🤗

EDIT: It looks like I may be missing part MGG2-141, the spring should slip onto this and prevent the pin from leaving the lower.

Hey Tokyo-Jo,

Correct, there is a small pin that fits into the end of the spring at the take down pin side. It has a rounded end which then fits into the slot on the rear takedown pin and stops it from falling off.

Let me know if you can't get hold of one as I may have one knocking around in my spares.👍