THE TM MWS thread

Wo1f

They don't really need upgrades, but it's well supported now that it's been out for a while if you're that way inclined.

Why do you want to re thread the reciever?

Accepts many rail and RS milspec stocks out the box.

Beat me @Wo1f! but carrying on, VSR buckings are better for GBB than AEG too, take more nozzle insertion beasting and give a better seal.

9 minutes ago, Wo1f said:

This is probably the most annoying part. GHk fanboys keep quoting they have more aftermarket support but they really don’t. 

TM just needs an adapter ring for some rails because of the lip on the barrel. Personally I have just bought an aftermarket barrel and it fixes the issue without the need for an adapter.  (bought a longer than standard for my mk12 and a shorter than standard for my URGI) . The receiver is AEG thread so it will take virtually every airsoft rail/hand guard. Pistol grip is RS/gbbr spec same as the Ghk and the stock tube is milspec which I also assume the Ghk is. GHK uses AEG spec barrel and buckings out of the box. TM is VSR style. 

Thanks. I generally get cheap RS rails off AliExpress so the threads are too fine to fit some of my guns. 

Hi guys,

So I just finished my build. (For now!)

Internally:

DP bolt carrier.

DP sealing cup.

Standard nozzle spring (it broke but I repaired it and have been running for 3 months waiting to see how long it will last.)

Guns modify recoil spring. (Not sure of strength)

FG Airsoft restrictor disc 10%

SixG high speed buffer spacer. (HSB)

SixG buffer plunger/standard buffer

SixG super nub 

Modify X-range hop rubber 65°

Externally:

Clone Magpul Moe stock.

Clone bcm gunfighter pistol grip.

Vortex crossfire red dot.

Krytac Defiance back up sights 

Madbull URX 3.1 10.75" rail system.

SixG barrel adaptor.

Dytac urx rail panels. 

Cyma muzzle brake.

IMG_20191130_225455728.thumb.jpg.bd11cbd6d9d09b27895566c82fbb8b45.jpg

Modify x range hop rubber:

IMG_20191130_205653713.thumb.jpg.e68375ae9807958985e65d98dde9093a.jpgInitially tried the modify tan, which worked well but the mound developed a rip fairly quickly, so I used the standard one for quite some time. 

The standard one has lasted me the last 3 months of weekly cqb nights and fortnightly game days without any issue.

But I thought maybe there is something better and more consistent.

So after hearing good things, I brought an X-range in 65° and Wow is this thing awesome the first 35 shots I put through it seemed to be hitting the same spot at 35m without any bedding in. I got to try it last night in a cqb night, most engagements are at 15m or closer but I was certainly impressed! I will be taking it to the southcoast cqb Christmas event this Sunday for a full test at range and will update on my findings.

But of you need a new hop or just fancy trying things out definitely give this ago!

Cheers Whisky.

1 hour ago, Whisky1 said:

Hi guys,

So I just finished my build. (For now!)

Internally:

DP bolt carrier.

DP sealing cup.

Standard nozzle spring (it broke but I repaired it and have been running for 3 months waiting to see how long it will last.)

Guns modify recoil spring. (Not sure of strength)

SixG high speed buffer spacer. (HSB)

SixG buffer plunger/standard buffer

SixG super nub 

Modify X-range hop rubber 65°

Externally:

Clone Magpul Moe stock.

Clone bcm gunfighter pistol grip.

Vortex crossfire red dot.

Madbull URX 3.1 10.75" rail system.

SixG barrel adaptor.

Dytac urx rail panels. 

Cyma muzzle brake.

IMG_20191130_225455728.thumb.jpg.bd11cbd6d9d09b27895566c82fbb8b45.jpg

Modify x range hop rubber:

IMG_20191130_205653713.thumb.jpg.e68375ae9807958985e65d98dde9093a.jpgInitially tried the modify tan, which worked well but the mound developed a rip fairly quickly, so I used the standard one for quite some time. 

The standard one has lasted me the last 3 months of weekly cqb nights and fortnightly game days without any issue.

But I thought maybe there is something better and more consistent.

So after hearing good things, I brought an X-range in 65° and Wow is this thing awesome the first 35 shots I put through it seemed to be hitting the same spot at 35m without any bedding in. I got to try it last night in a cqb night, most engagements are at 15m or closer but I was certainly impressed! I will be taking it to the southcoast cqb Christmas event this Sunday for a full test at range and will update on my findings.

But of you need a new hop or just fancy trying things out definitely give this ago!

Cheers Whisky.

how are you getting on with the clone stock and grip? I want to change mine but didn’t know whether repros would fit nicely. What ones did you get?

On 05/12/2019 at 12:31, Uncle Pauly said:

Very nice L11 build! 👏

Out of interest, what gas are you using? Just wondering whether the spring breakage might be due to running it 'hot'; or perhaps just general wear and tear.

Thanks Pauly 👍

So the nozzle spring snapped on the top coil going around the pin after a few thousand rounds on nuprol 2.0 gas.

I just made my own coil and it's been fine since. I'm currently using nuprol 3.0 and have been for the last 3 weeks. 

But I have 2 guns modify spares one made up the other just a spare.

On 05/12/2019 at 12:56, DopeYourScope said:

how are you getting on with the clone stock and grip? I want to change mine but didn’t know whether repros would fit nicely. What ones did you get?

Sorry I have no idea what brand the stock is, but it fits okay has a tad of wobble.

The grip is a battle axe bcm gunfighter clone. They require sanding on the inner walls to get to fit but it's so comfy and I can't see myself changing it and for £14 from Dave's custom Airsoft it's a bargain! 

So while getting my MWS ready for a game day last weekend, the screw out of my MPA nozzle fell out. I was going for a lower fps to use .30BBs within UK joule limits and as a lower fps setting means that the screw sticks out more it will inevitably fall out.

I contacted AngryGun and they said that a M3 X 8MM screw will do the job. However, i'm tempted to go for a longer screw (10mm maybe?) Just so i have a few more milimetres of threading to keep the screw in place on a lower FPS setup.

However I'm not the most mechanically minded person so I thought i would ask here whether that would be a good idea?

On 25/11/2019 at 23:28, Whisky1 said:

Hi guys, so I really want to swap out my cqbr rail system but really struggling to find an barrel nut adaptor in stock, anyone know where to get one? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

And secondly anything I should know about madbull rails? 

Thanks guys!! 

Erm the madbull adaptors bolt straight on.....

And I'll be selling a madbull Spikes Rial system shortly..... lol

On 08/12/2019 at 11:12, Yukarin said:

So while getting my MWS ready for a game day last weekend, the screw out of my MPA nozzle fell out. I was going for a lower fps to use .30BBs within UK joule limits and as a lower fps setting means that the screw sticks out more it will inevitably fall out.

I contacted AngryGun and they said that a M3 X 8MM screw will do the job. However, i'm tempted to go for a longer screw (10mm maybe?) Just so i have a few more milimetres of threading to keep the screw in place on a lower FPS setup.

However I'm not the most mechanically minded person so I thought i would ask here whether that would be a good idea?

Ditto. I got the whole thing swapped by the store I got it from. Was also considering a longer screw to prevent it happening again. Can’t see how it could cause problems but will leave someone else more informed to comment.

55 minutes ago, RossF said:

Ditto. I got the whole thing swapped by the store I got it from. Was also considering a longer screw to prevent it happening again. Can’t see how it could cause problems but will leave someone else more informed to comment.

I've ordered both 8mm and 10mm M3 screws, will update the thread to see what happens. Would prefer to sort this issue out without using loctite as I need the adjustability of the MPA.

Hi, I know this has been covered again and again but I can't seem to find it  - I currently have a stock cqbr mws and would like the mk18 Daniel defence rail look, however some people are telling me it will drop straight on others are saying it will require a bit of machining where the handguard strikes the front receiver pin holding the upper and lowers together.

Could someone recommend a handguard, barrel nut, barrel wrench, gas block and anything I'll need to square this away please.

Additionally would anyone have any experience of this:-

http://www.redwolfairsoft.com/redwolf/airsoft/Accessories_RIS_Systems_G_P_DD_MK18_M4A1_RIS_II_9_5_inch_Front_Set_for_Tokyo_Marui_M4A1_MWS_GBBR_Black.h

Cheers

23 hours ago, Yukarin said:

I've ordered both 8mm and 10mm M3 screws, will update the thread to see what happens. Would prefer to sort this issue out without using loctite as I need the adjustability of the MPA.

Use some low strength threadlock and it should adjust ok, but not vibrate loose.

On 10/11/2019 at 23:39, marine said:

Hi , thx for you feedback , any news ? I bougth yesterday one bucking 65º

I’ve had the chance to use the Modify X-range in a few games now. It’s held up fine over the 4 or 5 hundred bbs I’ve put through it. I’ve just started using .36’s (up from the .30’s I was using) at about 2 joules and that’s working really nicely with the bucking. One thing I’m noticing as maybe a negative is that with this bucking the shot seems very sensitive to hop up setting. Moving the hop wheel just one click has a big effect on the bbs movement. I’m not *sure* it’s more sensitive than before (with the original bucking), but I seem to be noticing it more. But, when I have the hop just right, I’m getting great consistency at 35 yards.

Soooo I have major issues trying to fill my MWS mags with Propane (and to a lesser extent my MP7 mags too!)

Using regular cans of Nuprol green and red gas is no issue, they fill fine and only spray a little liquid when full.

I have a Madbull-type adaptor for my Coleman propane and it tends to get a little in the mag but mainly spray liquid propane over my hands. I purchased the Airsoft Innovations adaptor and have tried that without the extra adaptor (fail) and with (slightly better but still more into the atmosphere than the mag!)

I fitted one of the Lees Precision silent fill o-rings (please don't derail, I know the TM thinking behind the valves) and it silently fills with Nuprol gas...but still pisses propane out of the two adaptors!

Do I have a dodgy Coleman tank? Are these adaptors inherently hit-or-miss? Is there an issue with the fill valves on the mags? Please, any advice is very welcome!

20191213_094732.jpg

3 hours ago, Jacket said:

Spare receivers from Angry Gun in the pipeline?

90B0441B-9641-4A9C-8EF9-088456136BEB.jpeg

416 receiver I believe 

1 hour ago, Wo1f said:

416 receiver I believe 

Hopefully not as expensive as the JW conversion kit. The only reason I have the JW kit is because of the great deal I got from LVOA-D when he gave up Airsoft....... well for the 3 days he gave it up anyway!

If Angry Gun price it right, they will sell like hot cakes to scratch all MWS owners 416 itch!!

6 hours ago, SSPKali said:

Soooo I have major issues trying to fill my MWS mags with Propane (and to a lesser extent my MP7 mags too!)

Using regular cans of Nuprol green and red gas is no issue, they fill fine and only spray a little liquid when full.

I have a Madbull-type adaptor for my Coleman propane and it tends to get a little in the mag but mainly spray liquid propane over my hands. I purchased the Airsoft Innovations adaptor and have tried that without the extra adaptor (fail) and with (slightly better but still more into the atmosphere than the mag!)

I fitted one of the Lees Precision silent fill o-rings (please don't derail, I know the TM thinking behind the valves) and it silently fills with Nuprol gas...but still pisses propane out of the two adaptors!

Do I have a dodgy Coleman tank? Are these adaptors inherently hit-or-miss? Is there an issue with the fill valves on the mags? Please, any advice is very welcome!

20191213_094732.jpg

I have this issue and am still yet to find a solution. Though the madbull one works better for me than the AI nozzle.

6 minutes ago, Yukarin said:

I have this issue and am still yet to find a solution. Though the madbull one works better for me than the AI nozzle.

I have ordered some 9Ball fill valves to give them a go.

Failing that I will get a genuine Madbull propane adaptor.

....or just buy shares in Nuprol Green Gas!!!

Just now, SSPKali said:

I have ordered some 9Ball fill valves to give them a go.

Failing that I will get a genuine Madbull propane adaptor.

....or just buy shares in Nuprol Green Gas!!!

I have tried Laylax fill valves. Didnt do anything.

21 hours ago, SSPKali said:

20191213_094732.jpg

Hilarious. You’re not the only one. I tried silent fill, and I tried the laylax fill valves etc then I just decided to use Abbey Vertex gas instead. It’s just not worth the hassle, these mags just don’t seem to like propane for some people. 

3 hours ago, RossF said:

Hilarious. You’re not the only one. I tried silent fill, and I tried the laylax fill valves etc then I just decided to use Abbey Vertex gas instead. It’s just not worth the hassle, these mags just don’t seem to like propane for some people. 

Glad it isn't just me! I think I will return the Laylax valves for a refund then. Glad I have not invested in a 6kg propane cylinder to re-fill from!

So, where does Abbey gas in bulk? I am in Gloucester but play in Bristol and Birmingham....would be good to grab a box of 12 cans at a discount!

12 hours ago, SSPKali said:

So, where does Abbey gas in bulk? I am in Gloucester but play in Bristol and Birmingham....would be good to grab a box of 12 cans at a discount!

the only place I could find that had any in-stock and did bulk was so I'm tactical in fleet. although their idea of bulk is 25 cans... alternatively you can just go through ebay. link for Socom Tactical

on a slightly different topic, I have also noticed recently that Hao have confirmed they will be working on a MWS system Scar L which may be interesting if you like UGG boots... 

but a different take on the mws is always nice to see 😀