THE TM MWS thread

Wo1f

22 hours ago, Wo1f said:

If you’ve got a complete standard bolt, just throw that in and test. If it locks back that your bolt is out of spec or your nozzle is adjusted to the point where not enough gas is going to the blowback. 

Have you changed the sealing cup cup on the MPA nozzle back to standard? The angrygun one can cause jams. 

Which part is the sealing cup? Sorry I'm a total noob at this.

1 hour ago, the3rdlegion said:

Which part is the sealing cup? Sorry I'm a total noob at this.

Back of the nozzle inside the BCG

1 hour ago, Jacket said:

Troy M7A1 PDW mostly complete. 

G&P Troy PDW stock

Madbull Troy TRX 7” rail

5KU 7” outer barrel

Laylax Nineball 162.5mm inner barrel 6.03

Everything else stock apart from the biro mod. Will lift a .45 Bb to 70m

Just got to get a red dot and different flash hider, and keep my eyes peeled for a Dytac 7.5” silver barrel

DEB94D15-D7DD-4BB4-AEF7-CDF3F0E1887E.jpeg

9ECB735E-3082-44C8-A7ED-C4F39CC47EEE.jpeg

That’s cool. What are you like FPS wise with that barrel?

5 hours ago, Wo1f said:

Back of the nozzle inside the BCG

Just incase he/she isn't sure what a BCG is (that would have confused me 6 months ago before I started getting into my guns!) it's the cylindrical metal chunk that goes back and forth - connected to the charging handle.

9 hours ago, Jacket said:

Troy M7A1 PDW mostly complete. 

G&P Troy PDW stock

Madbull Troy TRX 7” rail

5KU 7” outer barrel

Laylax Nineball 162.5mm inner barrel 6.03

Everything else stock apart from the biro mod. Will lift a .45 Bb to 70m

Just got to get a red dot and different flash hider, and keep my eyes peeled for a Dytac 7.5” silver barrel

DEB94D15-D7DD-4BB4-AEF7-CDF3F0E1887E.jpeg

9ECB735E-3082-44C8-A7ED-C4F39CC47EEE.jpeg

I normally don't like PDWs but that is tasty

1 hour ago, Jacket said:

Tested today, 270fps on .3 and 238fps on .4 with ASG ultra air at about 6 degrees

That’s impressive from a barrel nearly 100mm shorter than standard 

Hi all,

At last I have managed to register for the forum and stop lurking reading all 90+ pages of (mainly) wisdom.

A big thanks to BadaBing / Wolf, @ATRG_ and Stu (@BeefyMilsim) for getting me hooked on the MWS platform and Beefy for selling me his CQBR :)

I am yet to field it due to a torn knee ligament but I have had fun tweaking it and making it ready. As I run a G&P M4 AEG I knew what lay out I wanted and it is almost there (my wallet can breathe a sigh of relief now!)

Magpul pistol grip (ERG? Too many TLAs in their product range!)

Magpul AFG

Ladder RIS covers

DP light weight bolt

RA Tech NPAS (Silver one, needed some fettling to fit)

DP nozzle spring set

DP Nozzle seal cup

Modify Tan and Laylax hop arm (already fitted when I got it)

Ambi safety (I shoot left handed as my right eye is Mr Magoo standard!)

Magpul grips on mags (5 so far, I am not too trigger happy!)

On Order:

Extended mag release

Extended bolt release (again, for lefty use)

Angry Gun Speed Buffer weight

Angry Gun nozzle with MPA

PTS QD sling plate

I then have the parts to re-build the original BCG as a spare. Not sure I need a spare but for weekenders / milsim I would be happy to throw it in the case.

Topped off with Vortex red dot and PEQ / Olight Valkyrie for light and "lazers" I might try and find a way to cram the X301 tracer into the can, that might be a good weekend project! Only other possible upgrade is a Magpul CTR stock but I am finding the current one ok.

Good news is the knee is almost healed so I can play again and try to get some fitness back!

MWS_new.jpg

4 hours ago, SSPKali said:

Topped off with Vortex red dot

Very nice Rifle and you will love the red dot. So quick to aquire a target. Remember to keep both eyes open instead of using it like a scope (not wanting to teach you how to suck eggs as you may already know. There are quite a few people that use it like a rifle scope) 👍

1 hour ago, RobHedley said:

Very nice Rifle and you will love the red dot. So quick to aquire a target. Remember to keep both eyes open instead of using it like a scope (not wanting to teach you how to suck eggs as you may already know. There are quite a few people that use it like a rifle scope) 👍

I have been using the Vortex on my G&P and Cyma AK74 for a while, got used to both eyes open!

2 hours ago, RobHedley said:

to be honest I found it easiest shooting both eyes open even when using a magnified rifle scope. Only time I close my "off" eye is when the sun gets in the way.
love both of my vortex sights though, wouldn't use anything lower quality nowadays.

8 hours ago, PopRocket123 said:

Right I've posed this to a GHK owners group now it's your turn. Sell me on the MWS. Why should I get it over the GHK?

You can actually hit someone at distance out of the box with it. It’s within FPS limits out of the box. It’s got a cerakote finish that’s really nice and hard wearing. Had a good hop setup, not an awful plastic one you need to dismantle the hand guard to adjust. Cheaper mags. Much better and less bitter community...

GHK pro’s: the trigger looks more realistic. Considering you can’t see it unless you’re cleaning it that’s kind of irrelevant. Trigger pull is nicer. Kicks a bit more but isn’t as ‘snappy’ unless you’re running £70+ co2 mags. 

Owned and build multiple GHK’s and MWS’

12 minutes ago, marine said:

Also steer clear of the War Mag speed loader specifically for the MWS. I originally didn't have a problem with it as it worked but as soon as I used to regularly then its internals crapped themselves and are beyond repair as it is all glued together.

Realised I've been chiming in here without any show and tell, so here's my MWS... ("there are many like it, but this one is mine").

Internals:

• Angry Gun Super Recoil buffer kit (high speed version)
  • DP enhanced nozzle spring set
  • SixG Super Nub (obligatory!)
  • UAC enhanced sealing buffer
  • DP aluminium lightweight bolt carrier (I highly recommend this; noticeably improves gas efficiency and cycle rate)
  • Angry Gun ambi charging handle
  • Angry Gun steel bolt stop plate (combines well with the aluminium bolt carrier)
  • Angry Gun Mil-Spec aluminium buffer tube
  • UAC Match trigger

...all fitted and tested by John at Fire Support (top bloke). Also tried to fit a WIITECH hardened steel disconnector, but it played havoc with the trigger set up, so it got taken out. Just a word of caution if you're considering one yourself.

Externals:

• Mapul foregrip and rail covers
  • 'Blagpul' stock
  • Vortex Spark red dot

I run it on Abbey Predator Ultra Gas using .28 indoor and .32 outdoor. Snappy as hell and shoots like a laser. Lurv it ❤️

IMG_1347.thumb.jpg.173a2480421bbcbe62e5a8ea019d77d1.jpg

12 hours ago, Wo1f said:

You can actually hit someone at distance out of the box with it. It’s within FPS limits out of the box. It’s got a cerakote finish that’s really nice and hard wearing. Had a good hop setup, not an awful plastic one you need to dismantle the hand guard to adjust. Cheaper mags. Much better and less bitter community...

GHK pro’s: the trigger looks more realistic. Considering you can’t see it unless you’re cleaning it that’s kind of irrelevant. Trigger pull is nicer. Kicks a bit more but isn’t as ‘snappy’ unless you’re running £70+ co2 mags. 

Owned and build multiple GHK’s and MWS’

That's a pretty comprehensive comparison. What about upgrades? How easy are each of them to work on and modify externally and internally? Mainly interested in needing to rethread the upper receiver as I currently don't have the setup to do that myself

5 minutes ago, PopRocket123 said:

That's a pretty comprehensive comparison. What about upgrades? How easy are each of them to work on and modify externally and internally? Mainly interested in needing to rethread the upper receiver as I currently don't have the setup to do that myself

This is probably the most annoying part. GHk fanboys keep quoting they have more aftermarket support but they really don’t. 

TM just needs an adapter ring for some rails because of the lip on the barrel. Personally I have just bought an aftermarket barrel and it fixes the issue without the need for an adapter.  (bought a longer than standard for my mk12 and a shorter than standard for my URGI) . The receiver is AEG thread so it will take virtually every airsoft rail/hand guard. Pistol grip is RS/gbbr spec same as the Ghk and the stock tube is milspec which I also assume the Ghk is. GHK uses AEG spec barrel and buckings out of the box. TM is VSR style.