THE TM MWS thread

Wo1f

Hi guys, so I really want to swap out my cqbr rail system but really struggling to find an barrel nut adaptor in stock, anyone know where to get one? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

And secondly anything I should know about madbull rails? 

Thanks guys!! 

21 hours ago, Whisky1 said:

Hi guys, so I really want to swap out my cqbr rail system but really struggling to find an barrel nut adaptor in stock, anyone know where to get one? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

And secondly anything I should know about madbull rails? 

Thanks guys!! 

What rail? Mad bull are generally good quality. I had a Viking tactical rail made by them years ago and it was very nice 

Have you ever moved your buffer tube before?

Have you removed the buffer and spring, are they in good condition and slide freely down the buffer tube?

Also the buffer bumper/plunger.

What FPS is it shooting at?

Is the piston seal in good order / lightly silicone greased?

6 hours ago, the3rdlegion said:

Also, @Wo1f the bolt still doesn't catch when I rotate it out 1 or 2 full rotations, only at the third full rotation out does the bolt catch. Is that bad? Should I upgrade to a steel bolt catch or something?

There needs to be about 2.5 threads showing between the end of the buffer tube and the buffer retention post if I remember correctly. 

10 hours ago, Wo1f said:

What rail? Mad bull are generally good quality. I had a Viking tactical rail made by them years ago and it was very nice 

Its an old noveske one that is on a broken aeg I brought for spares years ago. Just waiting on an adaptor ring and might order some shims just incase. 

11 hours ago, the3rdlegion said:

Also, @Wo1f the bolt still doesn't catch when I rotate it out 1 or 2 full rotations, only at the third full rotation out does the bolt catch. Is that bad? Should I upgrade to a steel bolt catch or something?

I rest my case @Wo1f :P

Here’s my MTR, all finished for now :) mainly cosmetic stuff done to it, with just a modify tan bucking and sixG nub internally. 

Replaced broken MTR stock with a MFT Battlelink, fitted Magpul K2 grip, PTS Radian Raptor charging handle, BCM stubby grip and MLOK rail grips up front.  UTG scope mount with vision king VPO on top. 

764F1C57-25E0-40E8-A2C6-3AB227A92F42.jpeg

Well that’s annoying!! I finally found some time to do some more in the John Wick and all was going great. Upper finished and moved onto the lower. Trigger mechanism in with a little bit of filing to allow the last shot stop/bolt release to move freely. Fitted the fire selector, fine. Then I went to fit the buffer stop that sits just in front of the buffer tube. Bloody shit!

As you can see from the photos, the slot on my Block 1 is rectangular shaped and obviously the actual stop is the same shape as can be seen from the photo with my thumb in it. However the one on the Angry Gun JW lower, as can be seen from the other photo is more of a lozenge shape. The crux of the matter is ‘it don’t fit!’. Has anyone seen a buffer stop that is that shape on an MWS? I assume it is a fault in manufacturing but it looks too well finished.

Short of machining the corners off the stop I have (which would have to be done with a dremel as I no longer have access to a milling machine) I really don’t know how to solve this. Over to  you MWS geniuses for ideas pointers.

Ta.

F4D7093C-6618-4B95-85A7-CD03BDC0BA24.jpeg

56711EE1-3244-4166-8457-72BDC96148FC.jpeg

Idiot alert!!! 

Ignore my previous post. I was calling it a night and packing the various JW Kit and MWS parts away and I saw a small sealey bag with a single weird component in. On closer inspection it was the exact shape of the lozenge shaped slot. Poops. All fitted and I am smiling again.

walk away citizens, get on with your lives, nothing to see here....

2 minutes ago, rocketdogbert said:

You sure you haven’t lost it? The parts list on Moaihobby says it comes with a new CNC buffer stop

Yep, it was tucked inside another bag of parts that’s was mixed in with some MWS parts. I must have put it in there when I was trying to work out what everything was. 

9 hours ago, Davegolf said:

Have you ever moved your buffer tube before?

Have you removed the buffer and spring, are they in good condition and slide freely down the buffer tube?

Also the buffer bumper/plunger.

What FPS is it shooting at?

Is the piston seal in good order / lightly silicone greased?

The rifle is brand new. Never moved the buffer tube until last night. I checked the buffer and buffer spring. Spring is stock but looks good condition, buffer is aftermarket brand new angry gun light weight buffer. It is shooting 450 fps on .2 bbs. 

57 minutes ago, the3rdlegion said:

The rifle is brand new. Never moved the buffer tube until last night. I checked the buffer and buffer spring. Spring is stock but looks good condition, buffer is aftermarket brand new angry gun light weight buffer. It is shooting 450 fps on .2 bbs. 

Have you done anything to the nozzle at all? Fit an NPAS etc? If so, change it back and let us know if that fixes it.

have you lubed up your ZET plate in the lower by any chance? Grease etc will slow it down dramatically 

This is a curiosity question more than anything, would you see any noticeable difference in performance or glass efficiency by installing a longer inner barrel and using an NPAS to bring the FPS back down? What made me all is my dad found with his CO2 sniper that putting a reducer before the nozzle improved accuracy as the BB moved slower over the hop up rubber

What FPS was his sniper?

C02 runs at much higher pressures so I can see where he's coming from but back on green gas etc you don't really want to limit it, and longer barrels hurt accuracy in airsoft.

1 hour ago, Davegolf said:

What FPS was his sniper?

C02 runs at much higher pressures so I can see where he's coming from but back on green gas etc you don't really want to limit it, and longer barrels hurt accuracy in airsoft.

He'd tuned to just under 500 so obviously big difference. I just wondered if the slower acceleration of the BB would mean you might get less wear on softer buckings 

5 hours ago, Wo1f said:

Have you done anything to the nozzle at all? Fit an NPAS etc? If so, change it back and let us know if that fixes it.

have you lubed up your ZET plate in the lower by any chance? Grease etc will slow it down dramatically 

Here is the full upgrade parts list I have so far: 

Internal: Angry Gun bolt carrier + MPA nozzle with G&P bolt roller. Angry gun buffer. Prometheus 370mm 6.03 inner barrel, Modify Tan bucking. SixG super nub.

Also, the rifle currently shoots at 1.8J, ~370-380 FPS on .28 BBs. Are those numbers about right? I have no idea what the benchmark is for good performance.

12 minutes ago, the3rdlegion said:

Internal: Angry Gun bolt carrier + MPA nozzle with G&P bolt roller. Angry gun buffer. Prometheus 370mm 6.03 inner barrel, Modify Tan bucking. SixG super nub.

Also, the rifle currently shoots at 1.8J, ~370-380 FPS on .28 BBs. Are those numbers about right? I have no idea what the benchmark is for good performance.

all depends on how you’ve set your mpa nozzle. For reference indoors on Abbey Vertex with the same inner you run I get 340-345fps with .43s and the mpa fully open. That converts to around 423fps on .28s. But the MPA nozzle has a huge window of variance.  I’d say if you have a target power, say 350 or 450 DMR just open up the MPA until you get there and just enjoy it until you know you have a problem.  Everything’s probably fine.

11 hours ago, damster117 said:

Here’s my MTR, all finished for now :) mainly cosmetic stuff done to it, with just a modify tan bucking and sixG nub internally. 

Replaced broken MTR stock with a MFT Battlelink, fitted Magpul K2 grip, PTS Radian Raptor charging handle, BCM stubby grip and MLOK rail grips up front.  UTG scope mount with vision king VPO on top. 

764F1C57-25E0-40E8-A2C6-3AB227A92F42.jpeg

I have a very similar looking rifle here. my stock broke as well so I was forced to change it :(

Internal upgrades are:

- a DP lightweight bolt(with reinforced parts all around)

- sixG nub

- Promy 370mm barrel.

IMG_20191127_130134.jpg

9 hours ago, the3rdlegion said:

Probably the SixG nub causing issues 😂

No seriously work backwards, with stock parts until your problem is rectified, then go forward again with the knowledge of the what part has caused your problem, you can then tune that part to actually work.

As said by @RossF the MPA is a prime culprit, once you start messing with gas volumes and timing it creates all sorts of fun things to tune out - put the stock nozzle back in and test again.

Only thing I've changed internally on mine is the bucking and nub. Shoots just fine in the woods. I'm always tempted with some of the parts listed on here but at the same time I always read a flow of issues of why it's not working. Catch 22.

Maybe I'll get a second one (model variant to be different) and have a play but really I haven't seen the need to do anything.

It makes people shout hit & squeak when I shoot them which is about all it needs to do. lol :lol:

If you’ve got a complete standard bolt, just throw that in and test. If it locks back that your bolt is out of spec or your nozzle is adjusted to the point where not enough gas is going to the blowback. 

Have you changed the sealing cup cup on the MPA nozzle back to standard? The angrygun one can cause jams. 

On 22/11/2019 at 09:39, Jammanic said:

Can anyone give me some advice on tightening the fit on my pts fortis rev rail? It has a little rotation left to right, any way to clear this up?

Also are there any RS dust covers that fit and function? I have a strike industries cover on currently but it needed a bit of dremel work.

Cheers guys!

IMG_2485.JPG

Might need a couple of shims on the barrel nut