THE TM MWS thread

Wo1f

Wow @Bada Bing!!! 

Almost TM MWS royalty along with @Davegolf and @Wolf1

@Bada Bing your videos, along with this thread, convinced me to get the MWS and now I am onto my second....... wait..... should I be thanking you..... I have less money now..... 👍

1 hour ago, RobHedley said:

Wow @Bada Bing!!! 

@Bada Bing your videos, along with this thread, convinced me to get the MWS and now I am onto my second....... wait..... should I be thanking you..... I have less money now..... 👍

Yep, +1 on that.

I wonder how many TM's have been sold on the back of those videos???

Two from me for definite.

32 minutes ago, Wild Weasel said:

Yep, +1 on that.

I wonder how many TM's have been sold on the back of those videos???

Two from me for definite.

I’m on about 7 or 8 😂. Him and nugentGL are the only ones worth watching when it comes to GBBR’s

I’m building a Troy m7a1 which will have a 7.5" outer barrel. Looking at either an MP7 or Hicapa 7" Precision inner barrel rather than chopping down a longer one. Has anyone fitted a MWS with either of these - was there much drop in FPS and accuracy? Currently looking at these 3

AC681C1B-2F87-43FE-8A6B-CF7B70B591BE.png

802FD38F-8E9A-4BDC-9492-06930F50C331.png

A992EBD9-78A3-4349-9124-A26F2DA4F6BA.png

5 minutes ago, Jacket said:

I’m building a Troy m7a1 which will have a 7.5" outer barrel. Looking at either an MP7 or Hicapa 7" Precision inner barrel rather than chopping down a longer one. Has anyone fitted a MWS with either of these - was there much drop in FPS and accuracy? Currently looking at these 3

AC681C1B-2F87-43FE-8A6B-CF7B70B591BE.png

802FD38F-8E9A-4BDC-9492-06930F50C331.png

A992EBD9-78A3-4349-9124-A26F2DA4F6BA.png

Accuracy shouldn’t be effected, but your FPS will probably take a dive. While I wouldn’t normally recommend it, I’d go for the tightest bore possible providing you use good ammo. 

2 hours ago, RobHedley said:

Wow @Bada Bing!!! 

Hi Rob!

Thanks buddy. 
lol, I get the blame for everything! 
I’m sorry to hear that you’re poor now though. Try to stay warm this winter. 😜

20 minutes ago, Wo1f said:

I’m on about 7 or 8 😂. Him and nugentGL are the only ones worth watching when it comes to GBBR’s

Damn, I miss Mr Nugent. He had such a valuable resource of information.  

@Jacket the PDI raven had a tiny hop window so it was a no go if you use long contact patch buckings like maple leaf stuff. If you’re using a standard mound bucking and sub .36 BB’s it should be good. Barrel internal surface on them is usually very good, it’s just the window I wasn’t a fan of. 

@Bada Bing he really was. You learn a lot about GBBR’s watching his vids. 

15 hours ago, Wo1f said:

Where do I find NugentGL, had a shufti at you/face tube and drew a blank.

34 minutes ago, Wild Weasel said:

Where do I find NugentGL, had a shufti at you/face tube and drew a blank.

I think all of his video’s have been taken down from YouTube. Not sure if they’re stored anywhere else. 

7 minutes ago, EvilMonkee said:

I have the L119A2 carbine rail. You will need a adapter ring for the barrel or a barrel that is already the correct 'mil-spec' size (i.e G&p barrels for MWS).

The nut that comes with the rail threads fine onto the MWS receiver, however, the part of the receiver that holds the front takedown pin is too large and pushes the rail out to a  gap of about 1-2mm on the rail when you split open the receiver. I fixed this by dremelling the bottom rear part of the L119A2 rail so that it cleared the forward takedown pin.

Can take pics if requested.

7 minutes ago, EvilMonkee said:

I would have thought so, mate. As @Yukarin said you either need the adapter ring or an aftermarket barrel with a larger lip. 

Word of warning about airsofttiger111hk.. just because it says it’s in stock doesn’t mean it is. I’ve ordered from them a few times and only successfully received what I bought once. The rest I had to demand refunds and chase them through PayPal 

9 minutes ago, Wo1f said:

I would have thought so, mate. As @Yukarin said you either need the adapter ring or an aftermarket barrel with a larger lip. 

Word of warning about airsofttiger111hk.. just because it says it’s in stock doesn’t mean it is. I’ve ordered from them a few times and only successfully received what I bought once. The rest I had to demand refunds and chase them through PayPal 

Oh I am well aware of their issues.  TBH I have never had an issue with them as I always email first.  Where do I get the adaptor ring?

You can get them from Firesupport.co.uk but they appear out of stock. A quick google and the only places I could see were from Redwolf Airsoft in HK and this ebay seller has them (Disclaimer: I haven't bought from him so cannot confirm if correct or not)

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Aluminum-Adapter-Ring-for-Marui-M4-MWS-Airsoft-GBBR-/113234367456

2 hours ago, EvilMonkee said:

Oh I am well aware of their issues.  TBH I have never had an issue with them as I always email first.  Where do I get the adaptor ring?

I may have one in my parts bin. I’m at work at the min but I’ll let you know if I have one once I’m home. 

4 minutes ago, Wo1f said:

I may have one in my parts bin. I’m at work at the min but I’ll let you know if I have one once I’m home. 

Thinking about it I may have one knocking around that I won't be using so if @Wo1f can't find one, I should be able to.

On 04/02/2019 at 14:42, rocketdogbert said:

I fitted a RS Hera rail to my old MWS. Lines up perfectly, but the threads don’t match between the RS adapter and the MWS body. I modified it to fit without a problem.

vNRgzpz.jpg

What's your verdict on those PMags? Are they the iron airsoft ones? Is it good or nah?

1 minute ago, the3rdlegion said:

What's your verdict on those PMags? Are they the iron airsoft ones? Is it good or nah?

Didn’t use them enough, gun has long gone, sorry

10 hours ago, the3rdlegion said:

I got those Iron Airsoft pmags when I first got my MWS, I've now changed to all TM MWS mags. To summarize, from most people's experience they don't like them. I gave them a chance and conclude that I basically wasted my money.

Pros:

Lighter then MWS Mags

39 vs 36? round count 

Use for gun pics  XD

Cons: 

Bolt catch lip broke on me 

Silent fill valves make it confusing and I don't know how much gas I put in it 

After storage (with gas) for 2 months, since I stopped using them... they don't work anymore

Gun feels less snappy compared to mws mags (w/ green gas mod)

On 20/11/2019 at 13:41, EvilMonkee said:

Cheers guys

Still in need of an adapter ring? I’ve found my PTS one which is the thick one i believe 

11 hours ago, Wo1f said:

Still in need of an adapter ring? I’ve found my PTS one which is the thick one i believe 

Thanks for the offer but decided I am just going to leave it the way it is bar changing the stock.

1 hour ago, EvilMonkee said:

Thanks for the offer but decided I am just going to leave it the way it is bar changing the stock.

No worries 👍

Can anyone give me some advice on tightening the fit on my pts fortis rev rail? It has a little rotation left to right, any way to clear this up?

Also are there any RS dust covers that fit and function? I have a strike industries cover on currently but it needed a bit of dremel work.

Cheers guys!

IMG_2485.JPG