THE TM MWS thread

Wo1f

2 hours ago, RobHedley said:

Well I have a nice project to work on!!

As per my post a while ago I bought the front end of the Angry Gun John Wick conversion set that @LVOA-D had bought to replace his upper that he broke. Well about a week ago, I received an email from him stating he was giving up Airsoft and did I want to buy the rest of the kit plus the donor MWS. Well I jumped at the chance. For the same price of a new MWS I got an unused MWS, the John Wick/Tarran Tactical kit, Prometheus Barrel, TM Tracer Unit plus extras such as SixG Nub, Modify Tan bucking, tools etc.

I am going to build it into a DMR. As can be seen it is essentially in kit form so I will be l learning a lot about the inner workings of the MWS in intimate detail!! At least I have my other MWS to use as a reference 😳

That's a great deal! Damn, you're lucky... :D

4 hours ago, RobHedley said:

Well I have a nice project to work on!!

As per my post a while ago I bought the front end of the Angry Gun John Wick conversion set that @LVOA-D had bought to replace his upper that he broke. Well about a week ago, I received an email from him stating he was giving up Airsoft and did I want to buy the rest of the kit plus the donor MWS. Well I jumped at the chance. For the same price of a new MWS I got an unused MWS, the John Wick/Tarran Tactical kit, Prometheus Barrel, TM Tracer Unit plus extras such as SixG Nub, Modify Tan bucking, tools etc.

I am going to build it into a DMR. As can be seen it is essentially in kit form so I will be l learning a lot about the inner workings of the MWS in intimate detail!! At least I have my other MWS to use as a reference 😳

2E342A72-B292-4C36-8CBD-EA160B633D0D.jpeg

Sorry to hear LVOA-D is leaving. I’m jealous of this kit! I love working on GBBs, and you’re right that putting one together like this will help learn the system. Have fun!

Might anyone be interested, I am also selling my original Strike Industries Strike Rail (13,5'') and my original Strike Industries SI Link Curved Foregrip. Just sent me a PM for details. Both are unused and basically new.

EDIT: Just to get it out of the way, it is real steel and the MWS upper will have to be re-threaded to fit the SI Barrel Nut. I'm also only selling as a package deal :)

IMG_6587.jpg

Played with the MWS on Sunday and when it worked, it was awesome. 
However, on two separate occasions (with two different mags), I'd got the drop on someone and the mag gassed out (I'm assuming that's what it was - pulled the trigger and a shit load of gas came out and no BB).
It was about 4 degrees where I was playing.
So my questions are:
Was it because of the temperature?
Could it be something else?
Does anyone use black gas and if so, at what temperature?

I've got an NPAS fitted , so adjusting the power is no problem if black makes it run a bit hot...

On another note, I'm going to have a play with the hpa set up on Sunday when it's refilled and see if adjusting the PSI much higher, and the NPAS lower sorts the problem.
But I'm really confused - if you try two different sources running at the same PSI, how can they give different FPS/power readings?
Cos the gun doesn't know what it's being fed, surely?

HPA isn't a liquid, it's just normal air compressed. It simply expands on release. The green gas (propane etc) being stored under pressure as a liquid gas is effected by temperaure (boiling point). If it's too cold it won't change into a gas quick enough when released. It can freeze the valve and make it stick, more so when spitting out liquid. It'll also make any silicon residue thicken up if frozen in the process further slowing the valve or stopping it... Plus the freezing liquid gas will freeze moisture in the air doing the same.

So temperature is the issue when comparing the two (assuming everything is in good working order in terms of hardware)

In a nutshell. At least that's my 50p's worth. :D

Ok, I am back in the game! Guess I can't be helped...I am looking into making either a GHK M4 / MWS into a RIS II FSP or building something with a Geissele Mk8 rail, just for plinking though. Took me about two days before I started missing the stuff haha ✈️(that's the plane taking off with my money, destination Taiwan and Hong Kong).

Hi,

if I could tap into the collective mws hive-mind. Those of you who still have the original bolt carrier could you just whip it out and have a shufti at it and tell me if this is normal wear and tear please.

The gat is standard 'cept an ag MPA nozzle ran on propane chrono'ing around 320fps.

The reason I ask is she's only done a few hundred round's so far, maintenance wise is as wolf outlined earlier.

Cheers

IMG_20191115_133158.jpg

IMG_20191115_133258.jpg

8 minutes ago, Wild Weasel said:

Hi,

if I could tap into the collective mws hive-mind. Those of you who still have the original bolt carrier could you just whip it out and have a shufti at it and tell me if this is normal wear and tear please.

The gat is standard 'cept an ag MPA nozzle ran on propane chrono'ing around 320fps.

The reason I ask is she's only done a few hundred round's so far, maintenance wise is as wolf outlined earlier.

Cheers

IMG_20191115_133158.jpg

IMG_20191115_133258.jpg

Yup, both my current MWS and my previous ones looked about the same.

5 hours ago, Davegolf said:

Not a probelm, Itll work harden over time, more powerful gas will beat it a little harder mind.

This is prob the worst bit about a lot of 'lightweight' ally bolts, they get mashed to hell.

What's the word on that new AG bolt regarding durability?  I see you can buy the bolt carrier only and just pop in the nozzle assuming I can still stand it - maybe it's a newbie thing but between that and my mag gas filling learning curve on mws mags I really struggled to get that to 320fps, must have took me ten goes adjusting that tiny Allen head bolt.

10 hours ago, Wild Weasel said:

Hi,

Cheers

IMG_20191115_133158.jpg

IMG_20191115_133258.jpg

Looks normal to me, too. Also, anywhere you see wear like that is a great place to work in some good grease. I like grease that ends up dry so it doesn’t attract dirt. 

45 minutes ago, Wo1f said:

AKM mws anyone?

43810167-57F4-4917-B238-DCE0A94245AA.jpeg

I love the Japanese - English translations they have on the bottom left of the display.

“The gun maker carrying out extreme sensitivity” 

WTF does that mean?? 😂😂😂

looks cool though!!

33 minutes ago, DopeYourScope said:

Was looking at GHK AKS74U’s now I’m conflicted. Might just have to wait and see. 

Don’t hold your breath, that’s a 3D printed prototype, I bet it’s at least another year before it’s released.

23 hours ago, Bada Bing said:

This is completely normal. Mines really mushed in at this point but still cycles fine. 

If you're the same Bada Bing, I like your videos.

I found them useful when deciding if to buy an MWS, WE MP5(s) and tips. Thank you. 👍👍

4F2DF3F9-42A4-4012-B224-C9CABFE14804.thumb.jpeg.be204cff5c1a17e670c790643c7f21b5.jpeg

Part way through the John Wick / Taran Tactical TR1 Build. The upper is fully built but the eagle eyed among you will have clocked the lower is empty, no trigger etc.

I have sat it next to my CQB MWS for size comparison. Just need to sort the scope out and I then have all the parts I need. I looked at a Trijicon Accupoint the same as the Tarran TR1 comes with but at over £1000 to fit it into a toy gun, I think I will find a slightly cheaper version!!

10 hours ago, Wild Weasel said:

Mr Bing, howzit? When we getting another mws anniversary vid m8?

Mr M***s, how the devil are you?

I was planning to do it next month. But might have some scheduling conflicts with another freebie, lol. So it might be January. 

5 hours ago, Immortal said:

If you're the same Bada Bing, I like your videos.

I found them useful when deciding if to buy an MWS, WE MP5(s) and tips. Thank you. 👍👍

Yes indeed. Hi bud, thanks!!

Did you get the MP5? 

9 hours ago, rocketdogbert said:

Don’t hold your breath, that’s a 3D printed prototype, I bet it’s at least another year before it’s released.

Yeah wasn't expecting it any time soon. There's been a slight suspicion TM would bring out an AK on the ZET platform.

3 hours ago, Bada Bing said:

Yes indeed. Hi bud, thanks!! 

Did you get the MP5?  

Yes, I have the WE Kurz and SD1. Fun shooters. Also a TM MWS and a GHK AK74UN (plus many others!)