THE TM MWS thread

Wo1f

Ran the AngryGun nozzle again last sunday, zero issues with it now as I replaced the sealing buffer with the stock TM one. The AG sealing buffer is too wide and causes friction which can cause mid-cycle jams.

My hop up problem seems to have alleviated itself. 

19 hours ago, damster117 said:

I take it that's the PTS gas version of the magpul UBR stock?  Does it fit and operate ok? Does it affect the buffer operation at all?  Looks awesome!

Cheers! I plan to get it all cerakoted FDE down the line and replace the Eotech with a strike eagle for a proper SPR look. 

It's a real UBR2 stock, as far as I know PTS never came out with the newer version. The spacer that came with was not long enough to compensate for the longer buffer tube, which I found odd. I'm putting it up to discrepancies between RS and Marui spec. I ended up putting some taped together coins behind the spacer, and checked that it matches the travel on my other rifle... and it works. Haven't had time to test and adjust hopup so far, but from brief testing it seems to run just fine!

----------------------------------------------

Waiting for some extra sealing buffers to arrive. I tested Angrygun bolt assembly briefly and I was so confused when I heard what sounds like coins shaking. Watched some videos on Youtube and realised that's what the twang people are talking about. 

Has anyone had the same experience? I swear its because the rifle is not as loud using this bolt, that I can hear the twang much clearer. Seems like RS rifles get the same problem when they put a suppressor on it!

10 hours ago, Yukarin said:

Ran the AngryGun nozzle again last sunday, zero issues with it now as I replaced the sealing buffer with the stock TM one. The AG sealing buffer is too wide and causes friction which can cause mid-cycle jams.

I wasn't aware that Angry Gun made a sealing buffer for the MWS... I can't find any mention of it by Googling. Stupid question, but do you mean the Angry Gun buffer kit?

I’m running a Dynamic Precision sealing buffer (the green one) and AG high-speed buffer kit in my MWS and so far no problems 🤞

https://www.angrygun.com/collections/gbb-parts/products/enhanced-drop-in-complete-mpa-nozzle-set-for-marui-mws-m4

AngryGun do make a sealing buffer as part of their complete MPA nozzle and drop in bolts, Also sold as an 'upgrade' part, which they call the piston head, different name for the same thing.

https://www.angrygun.com/collections/gbb-parts/products/enhanced-piston-head-for-marui-mws-m4 

Anyway, problem as said has been resolved by putting the stock TM sealing buffer on the AngryGun nozzle, 2 minute job at worst.

^ Cheers for clarifying. I notice that the AG sealing buffer is in 'tactical grey'... much more ninja than my lurid green DP one 😉

Glad you got it all sorted. I've had a similar experience with installing 'upgrade' parts that turn out to be quite the opposite. In my case it was a Wiitech 'hardened steel disconnector' that just wouldn't play nicely, so it got swapped out for the original Marui part (which of course worked perfectly...).

21 hours ago, hunter511 said:

Having ordered from WGC, DenTrinity, RSOV, EbayBanned etc I am familiar with the general deal. At the same time given the hypersonic speed with which the first BCG was recieved in this group and the fact that AG is (presumably) an established business, not just a random 1 dude and a storefront I would at least expect updates after paying for the more expensive shipping...........

However it is unusual for the Royal Mail to take this long to tell me I owe them a hostage fee plus customs.....

AG is based in Hong Kong, so it could be held up at that end. If it’s already left China, is it possible that it’s being delayed in Customs? I’m in the US, and that sometimes happens here. 

I have an update on the new Modify X Range buckings. I received the two I ordered (both 65 degree) and installed one on my MTR16. I have a PDI barrel and an Angry Gun NPAS nozzle in it (not the full AG bolt carrier though). I took some shots at about 1.5 joules with .30g bbs. The bucking is probably not completely broken in yet, though I don’t have a lot of experience with silicone buckings so I don’t know how much of a break in period, if any, is needed. Anyway, I took shots at 30 and 50 yards. Once I had the hop up adjusted, I was able to consistently hit the same spots on trees (a little higher than my crosshairs at 30, a little lower at 50). What impressed me most was how little horizontal deviation there was between shots. Any given shot might be an inch or two high or lower, but they were very, very close horizontally. If I can, I’ll shoot at some targets at range and I’ll be playing with this on Saturday, so I’ll update once I have a bunch of rounds through it in the field.

Thanks for the info! I’m looking to replace my mtr stock as it’s cracking around the sling mount so was thinking of the pts stock as I wasn’t sure the RS buffer tube would work.  Did you have to tap the thread to get it to fit the receiver? 

I notice you didn’t fit it to the MTR lower- is this because the QD mount gets in the way of the stock? 

On 06/11/2019 at 06:57, chrislocho said:

----------------------------------------------

15 hours ago, damster117 said:

Thanks for the info! I’m looking to replace my mtr stock as it’s cracking around the sling mount so was thinking of the pts stock as I wasn’t sure the RS buffer tube would work.  Did you have to tap the thread to get it to fit the receiver? 

Oh no! Is that over time or a drop? And do you have a pic of the cracking? I got a SI Viper CQB stock but never got round to replacing it because the MTR stock just looks better.  But yeah I guess now you see the RS buffer tube on the UBR works! (with some DIY solutions) 

Regarding rethreading,  you can fit real steel rails & buffer tubes onto the MWS, but you will need to rethread them. As you see from the pic I rethreaded the front of my SBR to add the fortis switch, and I rethreaded the lower receiver on the DMR to fit the UBR stock. I looked at the price but the shop which was selling the g&p UBR repro was only a tad cheaper than the real thing, so I just went for the real thing instead. Plus ubr2>ubr1  XD

I notice you didn’t fit it to the MTR lower- is this because the QD mount gets in the way of the stock? 

The reason I used my MTR lower in my CQB was because it had ambi controls, which IMO are more important in a CQB environment where angles are tight and shoulders are switched often. 

When you install the UBR2, you essentially replace everything from the end plate and backwards. You will probably get a better understanding by watching an installation video on youtube. :) 

16 hours ago, chrislocho said:

Oh no! Is that over time or a drop? And do you have a pic of the cracking? I got a SI Viper CQB stock but never got round to replacing it because the MTR stock just looks better.  But yeah I guess now you see the RS buffer tube on the UBR works! (with some DIY solutions) 

Regarding rethreading,  you can fit real steel rails & buffer tubes onto the MWS, but you will need to rethread them. As you see from the pic I rethreaded the front of my SBR to add the fortis switch, and I rethreaded the lower receiver on the DMR to fit the UBR stock. I looked at the price but the shop which was selling the g&p UBR repro was only a tad cheaper than the real thing, so I just went for the real thing instead. Plus ubr2>ubr1  XD

The reason I used my MTR lower in my CQB was because it had ambi controls, which IMO are more important in a CQB environment where angles are tight and shoulders are switched often. 

When you install the UBR2, you essentially replace everything from the end plate and backwards. You will probably get a better understanding by watching an installation video on youtube. :) 

It’s just from use. Noticed it after the third time out with the MTR :( Great looking stock but the plastic isn’t really up to holding the guns weight from the QD point. I’ve added a pic of the damage below. 

Thanks for the tips, I’ll take a look on YouTube for that.  Where’s the best place to get a receiver tap from?  

UBR 2 is definitely nicer, I’m just looking to see if I can get it cheaper than £260 though! 

AC1FE925-BB18-4236-A964-06FA788EBD2A.jpeg

17 hours ago, damster117 said:

It’s just from use. Noticed it after the third time out with the MTR :( Great looking stock but the plastic isn’t really up to holding the guns weight from the QD point. I’ve added a pic of the damage below. 

Thanks for the tips, I’ll take a look on YouTube for that.  Where’s the best place to get a receiver tap from?  

UBR 2 is definitely nicer, I’m just looking to see if I can get it cheaper than £260 though! 

Oh sorry to see that :( , as I mentioned before, the Strike Industries Viper CQB stock seems to be the closest to the MTR stock aesthetically. Thats if you want to keep using a collapsible type stock though. And SI stuff are quite cheap!  But I've always wanted an UBR so here I am. XD 

I'm not well informed enough to give you advice on taps for the buffer tube threads unfortunately, I took it to a shop locally and they did it for 10 pounds equivalent (100HKD) and literally takes him less than a minute in the workshop round back. 

On 07/11/2019 at 03:12, Pete9 said:

I have an update on the new Modify X Range buckings. I received the two I ordered (both 65 degree) and installed one on my MTR16. I have a PDI barrel and an Angry Gun NPAS nozzle in it (not the full AG bolt carrier though). I took some shots at about 1.5 joules with .30g bbs. The bucking is probably not completely broken in yet, though I don’t have a lot of experience with silicone buckings so I don’t know how much of a break in period, if any, is needed. Anyway, I took shots at 30 and 50 yards. Once I had the hop up adjusted, I was able to consistently hit the same spots on trees (a little higher than my crosshairs at 30, a little lower at 50). What impressed me most was how little horizontal deviation there was between shots. Any given shot might be an inch or two high or lower, but they were very, very close horizontally. If I can, I’ll shoot at some targets at range and I’ll be playing with this on Saturday, so I’ll update once I have a bunch of rounds through it in the field.

Hi , thx for you feedback , any news ? I bougth yesterday one bucking 65º

4 hours ago, Hypokondrikern said:

Out of curiosity -

how would a quiet build look like?

Is there maybe a rubber buffer that could muffle the clonk as the bolt retracts? :)

I forsee so many stoppages! 

I've not fielded my MWS in ages, it's almost like I'm afraid to. I just full auto mag dumped it at home, and I'm now reminded of why I MUST field it at the next available opportunity.

5 hours ago, clumpyedge said:

Screenshot_20191111-154241.jpg

Damn I misread this as a 416 zet is coming.

1 hour ago, LoneWolf said:

So guys i should go for the ra tech npas or the angry gun mpa nozzle? 

I have a npas on the way.. after trying the angry gun bolt set, I found that the  FPS was not consistent at all, with joules ranging from 1.5j with full gas to 0.8j around the last few rounds. 

Not sure if I got a dud or that I put the nozzle valve upside down when disassembled to put threadlock on it. 

Anyone else can chime in? 

And if anyone can show which way up the nozzle valve goes would be fantastic !!

11 minutes ago, chrislocho said:

I have a npas on the way.. after trying the angry gun bolt set, I found that the  FPS was not consistent at all, with joules ranging from 1.5j with full gas to 0.8j around the last few rounds. 

Not sure if I got a dud or that I put the nozzle valve upside down when disassembled to put threadlock on it. 

Anyone else can chime in? 

And if anyone can show which way up the nozzle valve goes would be fantastic !!

That's why I am asking, I read that the mpa had some  problems also with fitting, 

Well I have a nice project to work on!!

As per my post a while ago I bought the front end of the Angry Gun John Wick conversion set that @LVOA-D had bought to replace his upper that he broke. Well about a week ago, I received an email from him stating he was giving up Airsoft and did I want to buy the rest of the kit plus the donor MWS. Well I jumped at the chance. For the same price of a new MWS I got an unused MWS, the John Wick/Tarran Tactical kit, Prometheus Barrel, TM Tracer Unit plus extras such as SixG Nub, Modify Tan bucking, tools etc.

I am going to build it into a DMR. As can be seen it is essentially in kit form so I will be l learning a lot about the inner workings of the MWS in intimate detail!! At least I have my other MWS to use as a reference 😳

2E342A72-B292-4C36-8CBD-EA160B633D0D.jpeg

17 minutes ago, LVOA-D said:

Hope you thoroughly enjoy it mate! I do expect some pictures when it is finished :)

Most definitely buddy. Sorry to see you leave Airsoft. Hopefully we will see you back here soon.