THE TM MWS thread

Wo1f

So, I cleaned up the second hand MWS and found what seems to be a Madbull bucking. A lot of goo and unknown residues were cleared from barrel and hop which made the MWS shoot pretty far with 0.28s and a modified stock nub ( I filled it with a square nail and cut it in both ends ). The bbs flew out with acceptable accuracy to around 70 m - which was a happy surprise 

I’ll believe that the brass nub will be a tad better though, especially paired with the modify tan. I’ll settle for the 0.32 - reports coming once I have tried it out. 

Some questions though: 

# I haven’t heard from sixgunsmithing. I wrote twice during this month - no answer. Did anyone have the luck to order a nub lately? 

# I chronoed my rifle and it shoot around 318 FPS in cold weather. Remind me, will the FPS of a GBBR increase drasticlly from the warmth of a summer day or is the FPS stagnant no matter the temperature? 

A7561AD6-5742-45A3-82C8-80E36F196CD9.jpeg

6 hours ago, Hypokondrikern said:

So, I cleaned up the second hand MWS and found what seems to be a Madbull bucking. A lot of goo and unknown residues were cleared from barrel and hop which made the MWS shoot pretty far with 0.28s and a modified stock nub ( I filled it with a square nail and cut it in both ends ). The bbs flew out with acceptable accuracy to around 70 m - which was a happy surprise 

I’ll believe that the brass nub will be a tad better though, especially paired with the modify tan. I’ll settle for the 0.32 - reports coming once I have tried it out. 

Some questions though: 

# I haven’t heard from sixgunsmithing. I wrote twice during this month - no answer. Did anyone have the luck to order a nub lately? 

# I chronoed my rifle and it shoot around 318 FPS in cold weather. Remind me, will the FPS of a GBBR increase drasticlly from the warmth of a summer day or is the FPS stagnant no matter the temperature? 

I ordered a nub from Dave and received it. He even followed up in mid-October to make sure everything was good. (It is. The nub is a simple upgrade, well-machined, and works great.) Dave - I hope everything is ok man!

A GBB will vary FPS depending on temp. An NPAS or the Angry Gun nozzle are good ways to be able to quickly adjust your FPS depending on weather. 

Also, I could be wrong, but that looks like a Maple Leaf Autobot or Decepticon 70 degree bucking to me. If it is, that’s a good bucking.

Hi everyone. Have you all seen the new Modify X-Range buckings? They’re silicon, which I’m a little wary of. But the design looks interesting - maybe good airseal (although I can get that with teflon tape anyway) and they have an interesting design for the contact area - a split section to center the bb followed by a solid section to impart more spin. Just curious if they actually work well in real life.

10 hours ago, the3rdlegion said:

Anyone know if there are magazine bases for the TM magazines? Alternatively, what are the recommended magazine assists/attachments?

Afaik you can't attach ranger plates without some pretty substantial modification. I say this theoretically because I've not seen it done.

I use traditional magpuls on mine. 

8 hours ago, Sawyer said:

Afaik you can't attach ranger plates without some pretty substantial modification. I say this theoretically because I've not seen it done.

I use traditional magpuls on mine. 

Can you link me to what you use?

Thanks!

Also, anyone have recommendations on what handguard I should get if I want a 9.5in M-Lok handguard? What brand is best? Also, outer barrel brand suggestions?

Just these ones. Got mine off a mate, but various places sell them, they're just called MAGPUL Magpulls.

1 hour ago, the3rdlegion said:

Can you link me to what you use?

Thanks!

Also, anyone have recommendations on what handguard I should get if I want a 9.5in M-Lok handguard? What brand is best? Also, outer barrel brand suggestions?

MAG.301-4.jpg

Jesus H Tittyfucking Christ.............

I know the pound is weak, but £140 plus customs fees for an upper reciever (no internals) from impulse101.......... yeah, they can honestly go fuck themselves.

Soooo anyone know a good option for a 9inch drop in outer barrel assembly for the mws? Got the bits for a BCM recce9 inbound just need that outer barrel goodness. 

20 hours ago, Sawyer said:

Just these ones. Got mine off a mate, but various places sell them, they're just called MAGPUL Magpulls.

MAG.301-4.jpg

Stupid question... but I assume you need to remove them when filling the mags with gas?

If so, does it prove to be a bit of a faff during busy game days, or are they easy enough to get on/off in a hurry?

Just now, Uncle Pauly said:

Stupid question... but I assume you need to remove them when filling the mags with gas?

If so, does it prove to be a bit of a faff during busy game days, or are they easy enough to get on/off in a hurry?

Easy enough to pull on and off. Green gas modded gas need filling less often, so it's not a major issue, more a minor pain.

On 31/10/2019 at 16:31, Uncle Pauly said:

I have these on all my mags. You simply fold the flap sideways which gives space to fill up the gas. So, there is no need to remove them. 

10 minutes ago, Hypokondrikern said:

I have these on all my mags. You simply fold the flap sideways which gives spaces to fill up the gas. So, there is no need to remove them. 

Same here, I got a load of issued ones from a matey on eBay, think it was £15 for 6, get genuine magpul ones they’re about £2 more expensive than the repros except they last more than 15mins and actually grip the mags.  

On 31/10/2019 at 17:56, Jacket said:

Anyone have experience with the PDW style sliding stocks? Do they still allow the rifle to cycle reliably, any loss/increase in recoil strength?

Ran a G&P one for a little while. Gun worked perfectly fine, but the notches on the stock more out incredibly quick. Meaning that you couldnt lock the stock in a position you wanted. 

Mine could of been a lemon...

On 28/10/2019 at 20:38, Airspool said:

Hi, Guys, i recently got the G&P 5.0 red Nozzle Valve. Semi it shoots like a dream except it needs more of a full gas load and on full auto the cycle is slow and fast at the same time. It seems like the timing is off. With the original parts everything is fine and ROF is satisfying. What should i buy, is it all about stronger springs?

This is my beauty

20191028_213601.jpg

Make sure you bolt isn't catching on the return.

Can I ask what scope mount that is? 

Whisky.

@Wo1f Quick question, not sure if you covered reasonings but I can't see it... But what is the benefit of leaving a stub on the magazine fill tube instead of removing it entirely?

I'm on the cusp of buying a CQBR block 1.

1 hour ago, Seven said:

@Wo1f Quick question, not sure if you covered reasonings but I can't see it... But what is the benefit of leaving a stub on the magazine fill tube instead of removing it entirely?

I'm on the cusp of buying a CQBR block 1.

It seemed to give slightly better consistency, but mainly because it’s easier to cut than pull out. 

On 19/10/2019 at 09:54, chrislocho said:

Thanks for the info guys, mostly set up with the two loadouts. One long and one short. Gotta be ready for all scenarios !!

Hearing talk about the angry gun nozzle I might give that a try. The dmr is running 1.3J at 0.28g. Both with Dave's brass nub installed.

20191019_163141.jpg

I take it that's the PTS gas version of the magpul UBR stock?  Does it fit and operate ok? Does it affect the buffer operation at all?  Looks awesome!

30 minutes ago, hunter511 said:

Anyone else waiting on bits from Angry Gun? At the moment my bolt left China a week ago today and has still not arrived in the UK? That strikes me as one hell of a high endurance plane.......

you don’t order much kit from China do you 😂😂?

Having ordered from WGC, DenTrinity, RSOV, EbayBanned etc I am familiar with the general deal. At the same time given the hypersonic speed with which the first BCG was recieved in this group and the fact that AG is (presumably) an established business, not just a random 1 dude and a storefront I would at least expect updates after paying for the more expensive shipping...........

However it is unusual for the Royal Mail to take this long to tell me I owe them a hostage fee plus customs.....