THE TM MWS thread

Wo1f

Not a chest reg exactly but the Tactical Tailor MAV 2 are great bits of kit, especially if you get the additional optional yoke.

As above running balanced weight on the back, I.E. hydro really helps.

Otherwise run 4 mags and a bottle of gas / BBs.

Anyone got any recommendations for pouches to use with these? I am finding them tricky to get out of my chest rig, but then again it was designed for AK mags not M4.....

13 minutes ago, EvilMonkee said:

Anyone got any recommendations for pouches to use with these? I am finding them tricky to get out of my chest rig, but then again it was designed for AK mags not M4.....

I use these:

https://tacticalpro.cz/collections/m4-ar15/products/samosvorna-sumka-pro-tri-zasobniky-ar-15

24 minutes ago, EvilMonkee said:

how much were you looking to spend? Can't fault Warrior pouches however they're not the cheapest.

1 hour ago, EvilMonkee said:

Also not cheap, but Esstac KYWI pouches are incredible. Piece of piss to get mags in and out but you can turn the pouch upside down, shake it about and never lose a magazine.

1 hour ago, Sawyer said:

Also not cheap, but Esstac KYWI pouches are incredible. Piece of piss to get mags in and out but you can turn the pouch upside down, shake it about and never lose a magazine.

My esstac KYWI are very easy to use, not hard to draw or insert at all.  

So I got a look at an MTR16 in person today, and I noticed that it has an ambi bolt catch/release stock built into the right side of the rifle.

My questions are:

1) Are the MWS and MTR16 bolt carrier groups exactly the same/interchangeable?

2) Are there MTR16 after market ambi bolt catch/release controls that exist in gold, or should I just wait for the gold match version?

3) Is it better to buy the MTR16 or standard MWS and upgrade the MWS? I kinda want a BCM or MK18 build.

2 hours ago, the3rdlegion said:

So I got a look at an MTR16 in person today, and I noticed that it has an ambi bolt catch/release stock built into the right side of the rifle.

My questions are:

2) Are there MTR16 after market ambi bolt catch/release controls that exist in gold, or should I just wait for the gold match version?

3) Is it better to buy the MTR16 or standard MWS and upgrade the MWS? I kinda want a BCM or MK18 build.

1, yes bolts are interchangeable 

2, pretty sure there are gold ones if you’re that way inclined

3, if you’re going to change most of the parts then the MWS is £100 cheaper

On 27/10/2019 at 14:09, the3rdlegion said:

My questions are:

Look at my profile, I have both mws and MTR and I swapped them around for a DMR/CQB builds.

1) yes 

2) I haven't seen aftermarket parts for the ambi bolt release so maybe wait for the gold match 

3) they are same internally. You get the ambi controls built in, which IMO are better then current aftermarket offerings. You get a nice silver fluted barrel, but according to what you say, you will change that anyway. The MTR stock is also very nice, and arguably better than most existing stocks.

On 24/10/2019 at 00:14, the3rdlegion said:

Are PDI inner barrels any good for MWS builds?

In my opinion has same results that stock barrel and as say wolf1 ... small window.

On 26/10/2019 at 21:40, EvilMonkee said:

are you using bungees? if so swap out for kydex inserts and you shouldn't have an issue regardless of being designed for 7.62 mags. The Haley ones hook on on the molle so stop them coming back out that way or the esstac ones can be velcro'd in (from memory the inserts come with hook/loop velcro on them as standard).

Nah its my Jaeger chest rig so closed pouches designed for AK mags so it swallows MWS mags whole....

Hi, Guys, i recently got the G&P 5.0 red Nozzle Valve. Semi it shoots like a dream except it needs more of a full gas load and on full auto the cycle is slow and fast at the same time. It seems like the timing is off. With the original parts everything is fine and ROF is satisfying. What should i buy, is it all about stronger springs?

This is my beauty

20191028_213601.jpg

Ok, i figured it out what the problem was. The nozzle/piston valve return spring didn't cycle smooth and the valve got sticky. I ef'd it up myself trying making it longer. Repaired it slightly now on full auto its fine. Have to buy a new one nontheless. 

88 pages, that was a loooooong read!

Sounds like a worthwhile buy(eyes set on the CQBR version), however, for a £500 pound gun, it seems disheartening that the magazines require modification in order to get through a full mag of BBs. Which seems to pop up as an issue every few pages or so for quite a few users.

Is it linked to propellant used? 

My selection would be a choice of Nuprol gases, if that helps.

11 minutes ago, AtR said:

88 pages, that was a loooooong read!

Sounds like a worthwhile buy(eyes set on the CQBR version), however, for a £500 pound gun, it seems disheartening that the magazines require modification in order to get through a full mag of BBs. Which seems to pop up as an issue every few pages or so for quite a few users.

Is it linked to propellant used? 

My selection would be a choice of Nuprol gases, if that helps.

The problem is most people don't understand how to correctly fill TM mags.  They expel air as you fill with propane to get rid of any air pockets.  People think there's an issue with the fill valve and don't keep filling until liquid propane spits out of the filler.  People not getting through 30 rounds simply haven't filled the mag enough.  The green gas mod is optional and yields higher gas capacity in turn also increasing magazine pressure which will bump up the fps a little as well.  There's no need to do the green gas mod, however there's really no reason NOT to do it too.  It only gives you better performance over all.

4 minutes ago, Reapur said:

The problem is most people don't understand how to correctly fill TM mags.  They expel air as you fill with propane to get rid of any air pockets.  People think there's an issue with the fill valve and don't keep filling until liquid propane spits out of the filler.  People not getting through 30 rounds simply haven't filled the mag enough.  The green gas mod is optional and yields higher gas capacity in turn also increasing magazine pressure which will bump up the fps a little as well.  There's no need to do the green gas mod, however there's really no reason NOT to do it too.  It only gives you better performance over all.

Ah, I see. Thanks for clearing that up.

So filling up with GG I'd just have to wait until it starts spitting. On average/estimation, how long would you say from empty to full using GG, on a 35rd mag?

I have completely stock mags and dont have an issue gettting through the BBs.  Usually get around 2 1/2 mags out of one fill

2 hours ago, AtR said:

Ah, I see. Thanks for clearing that up.

So filling up with GG I'd just have to wait until it starts spitting. On average/estimation, how long would you say from empty to full using GG, on a 35rd mag?

The first few times you fill them after doing the green gas mod you’ll feel like you’re there forever roughly I would say 30-40 seconds a mag but it saves you doing a fill every other reload to every 3 or 4 reloads. For a free mod it’s 100% worth doing.

filling 7 modded mags you’ll go through a can of green gas after 2 full fills of each mag. But that should last all day if not longer.